在座许多人和莉比‧荷顿一起长大
JACK: A lot of us here today grew up with Libby Holden.
她是我们的朋友
She was our friend.
大姊姊
She was our big sister.
欺负我们,逼疯我们
She bullied us. She drove us crazy.
最糟的是,她记得每一件我们的事
Worst of all, she remembered everything about us.
我们的期望
Everything we hoped to be.
我们对世界的期望
Everything we wanted the world to be.
那些年轻时的承诺
All those young promises made,
莉比记得清清楚楚
Libby remembered in the original wording.
她临死之前,写给我便条
Before she died, she wrote me a note.
上面说
It said,
“我他妈的对你失望透顶”
"I am so fucking disappointed in you.
“打起精神”
(NERVOUS LAUGHTER) "Shape up."
我很抱歉辜负了她
I am so sorry that I disappointed her.
我很抱歉没看着她,对她说
I am so sorry I can't look at her and say
我答应你会变好
that I will promise to do better.
她带给我们勇气及温暖…
She lent us her courage and her warmth...
以及疯狂
and her madness.
她…
She...
她拥有最神奇的心
She had the most amazing heart.
好远的路
Long trip.
没看到媒体
No press that I can see.
还没
Not yet.
州长,请跟我来
GUARD: Follow me, Governor.
这是唯一的拷贝,我要你收好
This is the only copy left. I want you to have it
因为尚未被别人发现
because it might help to know what someone else may find.
我不该看内容,真的很抱歉
I shouldn't have looked for it. I'm really sorry.
该死的古♥柯♥碱
Fucking cocaine.
我曾经无事不顺
You know, I was so successful at everything I did.
不论是事业、政♥治♥,都一帆风顺
In business, politics. Hell, I could handle anything.
除了古♥柯♥碱
Except cocaine.
我不知道古♥柯♥碱会毁了我
Only, I didn't know that because of cocaine.
古♥柯♥碱不但毁了我的婚姻
That's really what fucked up my marriage. It wasn't anything else.
还有…
And...
(SIGHS)
我和罗伦佐睡了一两次
I did go to bed with 'Renzo once or twice.
就因为古♥柯♥碱
Hell, it was just a coke thing.
不断的重蹈覆辙
I could do anything, so I did that too.
我目前遇到个好女人
I'm seeing a really nice woman now.
我应该告诉她
(SIGHS) I suppose I have to tell her.
代价太大了,对吧?
Hell of a price to pay, isn't it?
也许没人会发现
Maybe no one will find out.
你在一天之内就发现了
You did. . . in a day.
我不应该答应哈利斯夫人的
I should never have said yes to Mrs. Harris,
但是我喜欢哈利斯的作为 我以为只要撑一周就行了
but I liked what Harris was doing, and I thought I'd give it a week.
结果…就脱轨了
Then it. . . It just took off.
- 这个捐血的主意… - 那是很高明的政♥治♥手法
Once I did that blood thing. . . That was great politics.
很神奇,对吧?
Yeah. Amazing, wasn't it?
杰克,很感谢你的到来
Jack, I'd like to thank you for coming here
用这种光明正大的方式
the honorable way you have.
我不该投入
I was wrong to stay in.
希望我退出之后
I just hope when I quit
攻击就不那么激烈了
maybe they won't hit it as hard.
孩子们…
My boys...
我真的不想让他们知道罗伦佐的事
I really don't want them to know about 'Renzo.
也许最坏的结果就是…
But probably the bottom line is...
我会成为全国的笑话
(GASPING) I'm gonna be a national joke.
无论如何,我都会向孩子解释清楚
And I'm gonna have to explain it all
to my boys, either way.
因为无论我怎么做…
Because no matter what I do...
媒体还是会查出来,对吧?
(SIGHS) the press is still gonna find out
the rest of it, aren't they?
如果媒体觉得有卖♥♥点,就会这么做
If they think it'll sell one newspaper, yes.
天哪
Oh, my God.
(SOBBING)
如果能做些什么 能让你好过一点…
If there's anything I can do, anything that can make it a little better...
(SOBS)
♪ 我依然听见夏日微风轻拂橡树 ♪
JACK: (SINGING) I can still hear the soft summer wind
In the live oak trees
♪ 而那些威廉家的孩子 ♪
And those Williams boys
♪ 依然对我意义重大 ♪
They still mean a lot to me
♪ 汉克及田纳西州 ♪
Hank and Tennessee
♪ 我想我们都会完成想做的事 ♪
I guess we're all gonna be what we're gonna be
♪ 那要你如何对待 ♪
So what do you do
♪ 像我这样的好孩子 ♪
With good ol' boys like me
我爱这首歌♥
You know, I love that song.
尤其是那一句威廉家的孩子
The line about the Williams boys.
不只是汉克
It's never just Hank.
这样的情景只适合田纳西州
The picture ain't complete without ol' Tennessee.
州长,我要辞去竞选工作
Governor, I'm resigning from the campaign.
我不接受
I don't accept your resignation.
我再也受不了了
Look, I just don't feel comfortable about this anymore.
- 受不了什么? - 这…
About what? This...
这一切工作
This line of work.
我跟理查谈过,他要归队了
I spoke to Richard. He's back on board.
我让他担任竞选总干事
I'm puttin' him in charge. Campaign manager.
目前也许在办公室里面
Probably in the office now.
如果黛西愿意,她也会归队
I'm bringing Daisy back too, if she'll come.
- 跟那些人无关 - 那跟什么有关?
That's not what this is about. Then what is it?
莉比
Libby. Ah.
你没通过莉比的测试
Libby's test. You flunked it.
但我现在通过了
But just now I passed it,
我该升级还是留级呢?
so which grade do I get, the high or the low?
如果她没死…
If she hadn't died...
如果她没死,我就透漏这个消息 然后充满罪恶感
If she hadn't died, I'd have leaked the file
to someone, and I'd have felt bad about it.
不过你知道吗? 不透漏消息也许是错的
But you know what? I would have been wrong not to do it.
我现在为了莉比这么做 但这是不对的
What I did now, I did for Libby, but it wasn't right.
如果皮克没退出,他会赢得提名
If Picker hadn't quit, he'd have won the nomination,
迟早会走下坡,把党拖下水
gone down and taken the party with him.
- 问题在于何时 - 以及如何
It was only a question of when. And how.
当他跌倒时,谁会推他坠崖
And who pushed him off the cliff when he was falling.
有些观点很好
Those are fine points,
“两害相权取其轻”的观点
"how many angels can you fit on the head of a pin" points.
这是场硬仗
This is hardball.
你是在告诉我 你觉得你的野心不够大吗?
You tellin' me you just discovered that you don't have the stomach for it?
我知道你的能耐,我们太了解彼此了
I know you better than that. We spent too much time together.
这一向如此,亨利 领导必须付出代价
This is it, Henry. This is the price you pay to lead.
你不知道林肯担任总统之前 是个嫖♥客♥吗?
You don't think Abraham Lincoln was a whore before he was a president?
他也必须说出事实 露出微笑把丑事吞下去
He had to tell his stories
and smile his shit-eating, back-country grin.
他这么做是因为 总有一天有机会
He did it so he would one day have the opportunity
站在全国面前
to stand in front of the nation
诉诸人♥民♥“他对国家比较好”
and appeal to "the better angels of our nature."
然后屁事就此打住
That's where the bullshit stops.
这一切就是如此运作
That's what it's all about.
如今我们有机会做到最好,做对的事
So we have the opportunity to make the most of it, to do it the right way.
你我都知道有许多人 不会遵循这样的游戏规则
You know as well as I do there are plenty
of people playing this game that don't think that way.
他们只想出♥卖♥♥♥灵魂、爬过水沟
They're willing to sell their souls, crawl through sewers,
欺骗人♥民♥、分化人♥民♥ 玩弄人♥民♥的恐惧
lie to people, divide them, play on their worst fears,
不为别的,只求飞黄腾达
for nothing, just for the prize.
我不在乎
I don't care.
很抱歉,我不会比较人选
I'm sorry, but I'm not comparing the players.
我不喜欢这种游戏
I don't like the game.
我只想做些小事,例如选民登记
I wanna work for something small. Voter registration.
如果大家都登记投票了 他们会选谁呢?
After everyone's registered, who will they vote for?
到头来,亨利 谁能做得比我还好?
In the end, Henry, who can do this better than me?
你思考一下,有哪一个
Think about it. Is there anyone out there
有机会赢得选举的人 会比我还能为人♥民♥做事?
with a chance to actually win this election
who'd do more for the people than I would?
有谁会在乎我关心的人?
Who'd even think about the folks I care about?
糟糕
HENRY: Oh, shit.
是媒体吗?这么快?
JACK: Aw, is that them? So quick?
- 我就知道是该死的司机 - 好吧
That damn driver. I knew it. All right.
电影精选列表