HENRY: Is there a reason we're meeting him in neo-Bwana Land instead of his office?
有两个理由,第一是没有录音机
Two reasons. No recordin' devices.
第二是我早就想来这家饭店见识一下
And I've always wanted to see this hotel. Hmm. Yeah.
没错,我曾干过这一行
Yes, I had this business.
当然,我希望州长姊夫…
Yes, I hoped having the governor as brother-in-law...
能给我些好处
would be an advantage.
不过他太正直了,完全不放水
But Mr. Righteous wouldn't cut me any slack.
开♥发♥案一切都按照法规
We did Clearwater straight up.
如果这里面有问题 简直就是天大的笑话,对吧?
It would be God's little joke if they nailed him for it anyway, wouldn't it?
弗莱德不知道 他的妻子和小舅子加入开♥发♥案吗?
Freddy didn't know you hired his wife and brother to get to him?
当然不知道
Know? Absolutely not.
谢谢你,雷斯先生
(SIGHS) Thank you, Mr. Reyes.
我和我的朋友很感谢,溢于言表
My friend and I are very grateful, more than we can say.
知道?他知道个屁?
Know? What the fuck did he know?
他多数时候都傻楞楞的
He was half-stoned most of the time.
傻楞楞?
Stoned?
该死,我是不是说了不该说的事?
Oh, dear. I really said something I shouldn't, didn't I?
圣人弗莱德的幕僚一定不想听到
Saint Freddy's staffers don't like to hear that.
怎么傻楞楞?
Stoned how?
呼呼呼,再见
(SINGING) Toot, toot, tootsie good-bye
你们看起来很失望 你们不知道他吸食古♥柯♥碱吗?
You two look disappointed. You didn't know he was a fucking maricon cokehead?
- 等等,你说… - 古♥柯♥碱,他爱死了
Wait a minute. Coc. . . Cocaine. He loved the shit.
大家都爱古♥柯♥碱 不过他是唯一成为圣人的
Hell, we all loved the shit, but he's the only one who's a candidate for sainthood.
我很难相信
I-I'm afraid that's a little hard to buy.
- 说不通吧 - 现在也许很难
I mean, it just doesn't fit. REYES: Maybe not now.
不过在20年前,几乎人人随心所欲 对吧,莉比?
Twenty years ago, almost everyone was doing everything. Right, Libby?
弗莱德从哪里取得货? 在州长的官邸如何不被发现?
But where would Freddy score? How could he keep it quiet in the governor's mansion?
有个人
There was a guy.
年轻人,叫做罗伦佐‧戴尔加多
There was a young guy. Lorenzo Delgado.
古巴籍上流人,是律师
Upper-class Cuban. A lawyer.
他和州长在社交场合认识,很完美
He and the governor knew each other socially, so it was perfectly all right.
有意思的是,戴尔加多刚出狱
The joke is, Delgado just got out of prison,
现在住在中途之家
and now lives in a halfway house in Hialeah.
结果圣人弗莱德快当总统了
And Saint Freddy is about to be president.
这才是笑话
Yeah, that is a joke.
在晚宴上说出来一定有笑点
Must get a lot of laughs when you tell it at dinner parties.
我从不谈论弗莱德
I don't talk about Freddy.
我只对你们说,因为你们是他的竞选幕僚
I'm talking to you 'cause you're from his campaign.
不过…
It's just...
别人也知道这件事
I'm not the only guy in town knows this.
他不应该走回头路的
Ah, he should have never gotten back into the game.
这下他可完了
Now he'll go down.
这里是美国,凡事都有痕迹
This is America. You can bank on it.
罗伦佐‧戴尔加多
Lorenzo Delgado.
在廊厅
On the porch. Through there.
谢谢
Thank you.
(WOMAN ON TV SPEAKING IN SPANISH)
- 罗伦佐? - 在里面
Lorenzo? Right in there.
谢了
Thanks.
戴尔加多先生,我们想谈谈弗莱德‧皮克
LIBBY: Mr. Delgado, we're here about Freddy Picker.
坐下,坐下
Sit down. Sit down.
你们是竞选幕僚吗?
Are you from the campaign?
我等你们很久了
I've been expecting you.
告诉弗莱德别担心我
You can tell Freddy he has nothing to fear from me.
别担心,了解吗?
Nothing. Understand?
这件事跟着他
This happened after him.
我在狱中把脑子搞坏了
I fucked my brains out in jail.
里面也没别的事做
Not much else to do there.
有许多男孩成天就在练身体
There were so many boys who spent all day in the gym working on their bodies.
(COUGHING, CHOKING)
(INHALES DEEPLY, EXHALES)
我喜欢廊厅
I like this porch.
也没办法常常如此,要看天气如何
I can't do it all the time. It depends on the weather.
很奇怪
It's strange.
我的体温一直不稳定
My body temperature is always off one way or the other.
不是太热就是太冷
Too hot or too cold.
从没正常过
It's never just right.
有时一阵微风也能让我发抖
Sometimes the tiniest breeze can set me off, shivering.
我无能为力,阻止不了
There's nothing I can do about it. I can't turn it off.
只能由它去吧
I just got to let it ride.
所以你们是弗莱德的朋友吗?
So, are you Freddy's friend now?
(COUGHS)
你只知道这将会很好
You just knew it was gonna be good.
你只知道这将会无法抗拒
You just knew it was gonna be irresistible.
但这里面充满了屁事
But this has every fucking thing.
性♥爱♥、药物、腐♥败♥
Sex. Drugs. Corruption.
如此而已,如此而已
And none of it, none of it,
亨利,这都是为了利益
Henry, my man, is clear-cut venality.
人类的丑陋及悲哀
It's all kind of human and awful and. . . sad.
我们会搞清楚
Now we'll find out.
搞清楚什么,莉比?我们已经查到了
Find out what, Libby? We just found out.
别跟我装傻,亨利,这是一项测试
Oh, don't play dumb with me, Henry. This is a test.
测试我们和他们
Of us and them.
实际上,就是我们跟他们的反覆测试
Actually, of us and them and us again.
我们通过了入学测试,我们发现了污点
We passed the entrance exam. We got the dirt.
如今就看他们了 杰克和苏珊
Now it's about them, Jack and Susan.
看他们打算怎么做?
What are they gonna do with it?
小兄弟,这不就是我们在此的原因吗?
Little buddy, isn't that what we're both after here?
经过了25年,终于可以看清他们的真面目
I mean, after 25 years, I get to see what they're about.
不只是假设,不只是希望
Not just hypothesize. Not just hope.
这就是毕业日
This is it. Graduation day.
不是他们毕业,就是我毕业
They graduate or I do.
说实话,亨利 这不也是你想追求的吗?
Tell the truth, Henry. Isn't that what you're really after too?
看路,莉比
(HORN HONKING) Watch the road, Libby, goddamn it.
对吧?
LIBBY: Isn't it?
给你,州长,看仔细了 你也是,夫人
LIBBY: Here, Governor, feast your eyes. You too, my lady.
亨利,我们的旅行纪录
Henry, a transcript of our tour.
(WATER RUNNING)
这…这太惊人了
This is. . . This is remarkable.
(JACK GROANS)
他以为自己能躲得掉吗?
How on earth did he think he was gonna get away with this?
(SIGHS)
现在我们打算怎么办?
Now, now, what do we do with this?
“时代杂♥志♥”? 不,“华尔街日报”更权威
The Times? No, the Wall Street Journal. More authoritative in a way.
找个跟选举无关的媒介
Through an intermediary, someone not associated with the campaign.
我不想
I don't think so.
- 什么意思? - 我不认为可以利用
What do you mean? I don't think there's anything of use here.
你在说笑
(CHUCKLES) You got to be kiddin'.
这不符我的标准
It doesn't meet my standards.
你到底在说什么?
What on earth do you mean?
夫人,亨利和我不认为 利用这些资料是合适的
I mean, madame, Henry and I don't think the use of this material is proper.
我们在道德上要反对 而我对过去有所抱怨
We have a moral objection. And I have a historical beef.
拜托,莉比
Aw, come on, Libby.
如果不用,你干嘛去挖出来?
Why did you go out and get it if you weren't gonna use it?
因为苏珊是对的 他曾经是个真正的混♥蛋♥
'Cause Susan was right. He could've been a real shit.
我不认为他是,他就不是 结果他是混♥蛋♥
I didn't think he would be, and he isn't. But he could've been.
但是亲爱的杰克,你偏离重点了
But, Jackie, my dearest, you're off the fuckin' point.
重点是我们不干这种事
The point is we don't do this sort of thing.
我愿意为你扫除灰尘保护你
Oh, I'll be relentless bustin' dust and guardin' your ass.
我甚至愿意为你 轰掉蓝迪‧库利根的老二
I'd have even blown Randy Culligan's weenie off for ya.
也许我不该这么做 不过这又是另一回事
Well, maybe I wouldn't have. But this is something else.
这是在伤害别人,这样烂透了
This is hurting someone else. This sucks.
你想知道为什么很烂吗?
You wanna know why this sucks?
因为是你说的
Because you told me so.
还记得是何时吗,杰克?
'Member when, Jackie?
让我提醒你
Let me refresh your memory.
很青春对吧,亨利?
LIBBY: Weren't they gorgeous, Henry?
- 看看你 - 小混♥蛋♥
HENRY: Yeah, but look at you. LIBBY: You little shit.
我说过我曾有腰身
I told you I used to have a waist.
- 莉比… - 别破坏这一刻
Libby. . . Hush up. Don't ruin it.
你还记得时间吗?你忘了对吧?
Do you remember when this was? You don't, do you?
- 1972年在迈阿密竞选总部 - 对
The Miami headquarters in '72. Yeah.
在大会之后拍的
It was taken just after the convention.
我永远也忘不了那场大会
I'll never forget that convention.
电影精选列表