第一名的劳伦斯‧哈利斯 而尼尔森和马丁分列第三和第四名
to Lawrence Harris, with Nilson and Martin a distant third and fourth.
- 真♥他♥妈♥的! - 别放弃,我们有可能赢!
I'll be a son of a bitch ! Don't be discouraged. We could still win !
你疯了吗?没听到吗?
Are you crazy? Didn't you hear?
我们是第二,又活过来了 我们创造了奇蹟
We're second. We're alive. We're a fuckin' miracle, man.
(CHEERING, SHOUTING)
(SONG PLAYING) On the road again
我们有个真正的机会
HENRY: We have a chance now, a real chance.
如果能摆脱哈利斯
If we could just get rid of Harris.
哈利斯会拿下科罗拉多州
Harris'll probably take Colorado.
还有佛罗里达州 除非你开始攻击他
He could take Florida, too, unless you start hitting him.
- 我会拿下佛罗里达州,因为是南方州 - 不过却是犹太州
I'll get Florida. It's the South. But it's Jewish.
你必须在佛罗里达州关键一击,杰克
You got to fire off a silver bullet in Florida, Jack.
没有哈利斯那是我们的地盘
Without Harris we have the field.
不行,负面选举会伤到自己
No. Negative'll boomerang. I know it. Huh?
我不要负面选举
I'm not goin' negative.
总统选杰克‧史坦顿 还是劳伦斯‧哈利斯?
MAN : For president, Jack Stanton or Lawrence Harris?
我曾为国参加韩战
(MILITARY MARCH) I served my country in Korea,
我的孩子参加过波湾战争
and my boy Jeff fought in the Gulf War.
而杰克‧史坦顿却躲避越战
Jack Stanton dodged
the Vietnam draft,
利用政♥治♥关系掩饰他的反战被捕纪录
and used political connections to cover up his antiwar arrest record.
我相信最佳的方案就是诚实以对
I believe in real solutions and telling the truth.
杰克‧史坦顿相信巧言令色 包括整个国家和他自己的艰难问题
Jack Stanton believes in glib answers to tough questions,
about his country and himself.
我是劳伦斯‧哈利斯
I'm Lawrence Harris.
我专打硬仗,绝不逃避
I'll fight the tough fights. I won't run away.
这是品格问题
It's a question of character.
哈利斯竞选总统委员会赞助
ANNOUNCER: Paid for by the Harris for President Committee.
好吧,我要毙了那狗杂碎
Okay, I'm gonna kill the son of a bitch.
就是这样!
SUSAN: Yes! Yes!
虽然我认为他是个好人
But though I think he is a fine man,
我也同意他降低赤字的政见
and I agree with him about lowerin' the deficit,
但我不同意哈利斯参议员 提案研究缩减预算
I do not agree with Senator Harris's proposal to study a reduction,
即使是冻结或调整社会福利
even a freeze, in cost-of-living adjustments for Social Security.
而且我也不同意 哈利斯参议员的健保政策
And I also disagree with Senator Harris about Medicare.
(AUDIENCE MURMURING)
我还有一项 跟哈利斯参议员相同的就是:中东政策
There's one other area where Senator Harris and I disagree, and that is the Middle East.
(AUDIENCE CONTINUES MURMURING)
当他担任参议院外交事务委员会时
When he was a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee,
我的对手投了许多关于以色列的赞成票
my opponent cast many votes regarding the security and future of the state of Israel.
- 不对! - 等等,有些我同意,不过有些…
WOMAN: No! Wait, I agree with many of his votes, but some...
我认为支持盟友是很重要的
Well, I think it's important to stand with our friends.
而美国人最好的盟友就是以色列
And America has no better friend than the state of Israel.
谢谢
(APPROVING MURMURS) Thank you.
我们领先3%,还在上升…
Well, we're up three points and climbing. Thanks, God...
彩虹联盟的会面应该…
so a meeting with the Rainbow Coalition might just be. . . (KNOCKING AT DOOR)
- 等等,是谁? - 威廉‧麦克利斯特
Uh, one second. Who is it? William McCollister.
再回电好吗?五分钟就好
Can I call you back? Yeah, I'll just be five minutes.
还记得我吗,波顿先生?
Ain't you rememberin' me, Mr. Burton?
威利,烤肉店,快进来
Willie. The barbecue place. Come on in.
怎么有空来?
So, uh, what are you doing here?
我觉得当面跟他的好兄弟谈
Well, I figured it'd be easier to talk face-to-face with a brother
比跟州长谈好,虽然州长也是好兄弟
than to the gov, even though he's like a brother.
我…
I, uh...
我来这里是因为 我女儿萝瑞塔怀孕了
I flew here 'cause my daughter Loretta is with child,
她说杰克‧史坦顿州长是胎儿的爸爸
and she says Governor Jack Stanton's the daddy.
好
Right.
- 他降落了没? - 在厕所
Has he landed yet? Yeah. He's in the men's room.
- 一个人吗? - 什么意思?
Okay. Uh, is he alone? What do you mean?
没关系
Doesn't matter.
- 州长 - 嘿,我们领先了
Governor. Hey. Well, we're in the lead.
- 好,好 - 哈利斯参议员第二名
Uh, good, good. Senator Harris is second.
未决定的选民是关键
The undecided's killin' everyone.
州长,威利‧麦克利斯特昨晚来找我
Governor, Willie McCollister came to see me last night.
他的女儿怀孕了,她说你是父亲
His daughter is pregnant and she says you're the father.
- 还有谁知道? - 他没跟别人说
Who else knows? Well, he says no one.
- 他想干嘛? - 不知道
What's he want? I don't know.
我就是无法喘息,对吧?
I just can't catch a break, can I?
好吧,威利还在吗?
All right. All right. Is Willie still here?
他今天早上回去了
Uh, no, he went back early this morning.
我在初选前走不开
Well, I can't leave before the primary.
如果这件事曝光,我们就完了
If this gets out, it'll kill us.
你和郝尔德明天飞去大瀑布郡
You and Howard'll have to fly back to Mammoth Falls tomorrow.
跟他好好谈谈
We got to talk to him.
我们要让他了解 这其中一定有误会
We got to make sure he understands there's been some kind of mistake.
他们是好人但不懂人情世故 但是要让他们了解
They're good people but not sophisticated. But I want 'em to know.
为何要我去?
Why pick me?
- 因为我是黑人吗? - 不是
Is it because I'm black? No.
因为威利选择你
It's because Willie picked you.
你什么也别说,郝尔德知道如何说
You don't have to say anything. Howard knows exactly what to say.
- 但是你一定要到,因为他找了你 - 好
But you should be there because he came to you. All right.
州长,要我做没问题
Governor, if I'm gonna do this,
不过我一定要知道内情
then there's something I need to know.
我不是那胎儿的父亲
I am not the father of that child.
亨利,你永远别以这个竞选团队为耻
Henry, you will never have to be ashamed to be part of this campaign.
了解吗?你绝不必吞忍♥、闪躲或是道歉
You understand that? You never have to swallow it, duck it or apologize for it.
我向你保证这绝不会发生
I'll make sure that doesn't happen.
好了吗?
Guys? Hmm? (SIGHS)
(DOG BARKING)
- 嗨,波顿先生 - 嗨,威利
Hey, Mr. Burton. Hi, Willie.
州长好
Hey, Gov.
你记得郝尔德‧弗格森
HENRY: You remember Howard Ferguson.
他也为州长工作
He works with the governor too.
- 哈罗 - 早
Hello. Mornin'.
需要帮忙吗?
Well, what can I do for ya?
州长非常关切你女儿的处境
The governor is very concerned
about this situation with your daughter.
他想解决
He'd like to see it resolved.
而我相信你也想
As I'm sure you would.
他希望她能尽快进行羊膜穿刺
He would like her to have an amniocentesis as soon as possible
好建立亲子关系
so that paternity can be positively established.
- 什么? - 这是一种在医院进行的医疗程序
A what? It's a medical procedure performed in a hospital.
将针头插入腹部
A needle is inserted into the abdomen.
抽取子♥宫♥里的羊水
Amniotic fluid is drawn from your daughter's womb.
分♥析♥遗传物质,如此就能比对
Genetic material is analyzed. It can then be compared
州长的血液是否 符合她体内胎儿的父亲
with the governor's blood to determine whether he is the father.
- 我不懂 - 这通常是用来
I don't understand. It's normally used to determine
确认胎儿的健康 你只要对善心医院这么说就行了
the health of the fetus, and that's what you'll tell them at Mercy Hospital.
就说你只想确认胎儿的的健康
That you want to make sure that the baby's healthy.
这是一般的医疗程序,威利
It's a common procedure, Willie.
把针插入腹部吗?
They put a needle in her belly?
听着…麦克利斯特先生
Look, look, look. Mr. McCollister.
有人想毁掉史坦顿州长
There are people who would like to destroy Governor Stanton.
他不相信你会这么做 他也不允许如此
He doesn't believe you're one of them, but he can't allow this.
你也不允许的
You can't allow this.
我相信你的女儿是善良的年轻人 不过她还是孩子
I'm sure your daughter's a fine young person, but she's a child.
孩子很容易受到压♥迫♥ 而州长正饱受许多消息攻击…
Children are impressionable, and there's been a lot of news about the governor...
她什么也没对谁说 我叫她别乱说,她是好女孩
She ain't said a word to anybody.
I told her not to. She's a good girl.
我确定她是
HOWARD: Oh, I'm sure she is.
而州长想尽一切的努力
And the governor wants to do everything possible
帮助她还有你,度过这段时间
to help her, and you, through this time.
他准备得非常慷慨
He is prepared to be very generous.
他要协助她扶养小孩
He will help her provide for the baby.
如今他这么做 是因为他相信你是好友
Now, he'll do this because he believes that you are his friend.
不过我们必须先解决眼前的问题
But we must resolve this.
我们必须确定每个人都满意
We must determine to everyone's satisfaction
他不是胎儿的父亲
that he is not the father of that child.
我确定你…
I'm sure that you, uh...
你了解…
you know, you understand...
我们的处境
our position.
靠边停
Pull over.
靠边停
Pull over.
大家好,我是伊兹‧罗森布拉特
Hello, folks. I'm Izzy Rosenblatt,
在空中进行“犹太闲谈”
电影精选列表