- 我真的很荣幸 - 是,不过我…
I'm honored. Yeah, but I should have thought...
- 若非我… - 算了吧
It didn't occur to me. . . Forget it.
离开办公室休息一下
Get out of that office for a while and rest.
留在家里,喝瓶酒
Stay home, crack open a bottle of Chablis.
- 你周末有事吗,亨利? - 本周末
What you doing this weekend, Henry? Uh, this weekend.
我要安排拜访清单…
I'm setting up a list of meetings...
你有可能自己一个人上♥床♥吗?
You think it's possible to get yourself laid?
- 什么? - 我说真的
Sir? I'm serious.
我不希望选战一旦真的启动 你就因为发♥情♥而晕头转向
I don't want you too horny to think straight or too burned out to kick ass
when we really need to start rolling.
- 你在感恩节有事吗? - 什么?
What you doin' Thanksgiving? What?
你说过你妈妈在比佛利山庄 所以你应该没事
You said your mama's in Beverly Hills, so if you're free,
也许你想跟苏珊、小杰克 还有我一起共度
maybe you'd like to spend it with Susan, Jackie and me.
虽然不是跟妈妈在一起 但我们也是一家人
It's not the same as being with your mama, but we're family too.
谢谢你,好,我很乐意
Uh, thank you. Yes, I-I would like that.
那就好
Well, good.
还有,亨利 我之所以不想攻击欧奇奥
And, Henry, the reason I won't take on Ozio
是因为我不想跟他一样品格低下
is that I don't want to give that son of a bitch the power to make me the son of a bitch.
好吗?回头见,亨利
(CHUCKLING) All right? See you, Henry.
好
Right.
(HANGS UP RECEIVER)
亲爱的上帝,感谢祢所赐的一切
JACK: Dear Lord, thank you for what we're about to receive.
阿们
SUSAN: Amen.
来吧,儿子 开动了
All right, son. Here we go.
祝大家感恩节快乐!
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!
(CHATTERING, APPLAUDING)
- 这些到底是什么人? - 大多来自收♥容♥所♥
Who the hell are all these people? Most are from shelters.
- 开玩笑 - 真的,他每年都会邀请
You're kidding. No, he invites them every year.
这是好的,糟糕的是他还邀请了朋友
That's the good news. The bad news is he also invites his friends.
有许多都是从小一起长大 愿意跟随他的人
People he's been collecting since kindergarten
so he can take them aboard when he sails.
他们之中有一些很混♥蛋♥
Some of them really suck.
亨利,黛西
SUSAN: Henry. Daisy.
夫人也是一样
She has the same problem. Right.
来见见露西儿‧考夫曼 我在纽约的老友
I want you to meet Lucille Kaufman, an old friend from New York.
- 嗨 - 我曾跟着你的祖父游♥行♥
Hi. I marched with your grandfather.
哈罗,露西儿
Hello, Lucille.
露西儿和我一起读法学院
Lucille and I went to law school together.
- 去喝一杯吧 - 你是杰克的操盘手吗?
Let's get a drink. You're Jack's coordinator?
你可以处理一下他的穿着 还有竞选海报的配色吗?
Can't you do something about his clothes and the color of the campaign posters?
还有阿伦‧史波肯,只要你还在的话
And Arlen Sporken, while you're at it.
要不是很忙,否则我就全职投入
If I wasn't swamped, I'd join the campaign full-time.
亨利,来见见我的儿子小杰克
JACK: Henry, I want you to meet my son Jackie.
- 嗨,小杰克 - 这位是我们的家庭医师,波若葛医生
Hi, Jackie. This is our family doctor, Dr. Beauregard.
亨利,你跟杰克 要想办法修理那些北方佬
Henry, you and Jack are gonna have to find yourselves a way to educate them Yankees.
也许他们俩都穿着斗篷
Maybe if they both wear capes.
这位是蓝迪‧库利根 他的第一份律师工作是我安排的
This is Randy Culligan. I gave him his first job as a law clerk.
(UPBEAT COUNTRY MUSIC PLAYING)
Whoo!
Refried black-eyed peas
More corn and chicken fries Gumbo, rice
NAT KING COLE: (SINGING) Thinks that I am
Unforgettable too
(CHATTERING QUIETLY)
嘿,各位,请听我说好吗?
WOMAN: Hey, folks. May I have your attention here?
各位都认识我 杰克‧史坦顿的妈妈
Folks, you all know me. I'm Jackie Stanton's mama.
(CHEERING)
我们大家高歌♥一曲…
How 'bout if we sing us a chorus...
“你是我的阳光”,好吗?
of You Are My Sunshine... Yeah !
以显耀这位美国最伟大的南方州长
...in honor of the great Southern governors of America.
♪ 你是我的阳光,我唯一的阳光 ♪
ALL: (SINGING) You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
♪ 即使天空阴霾仍使我快乐 ♪
You make me happy when skies are gray (PHONE RINGING)
哈罗
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you Hello. Huh?
你在说笑吗?
Please don't take my sunshine away You're kidding?
嘿嘿…!
Hey! Hey, hey, hey, hey!
各位停一停,欧奇奥宣布放弃了
Wait. Hold up. Ozio just dropped out.
(LAUGHING, CHEERING)
太棒了!
That's fantastic! Yes!
各位先生,欢迎参加第一次 共和党总统提名人辩论会
Gentlemen, welcome to the first debate...
of the Democratic presidential primary.
- 各位只有一分钟的回应时间 - 好
I remind you to keep your responses to one minute. Okay.
- 先请马丁参议员 - 天哪,我好紧张
Senator Martin. Oh, God. I'm so nervous I'm sick.
再过三周就要提名了
It's three weeks to the primary.
首先我要谈谈健保 (查尔斯‧马丁参议员)
What I want to say about health care
虽然保障所有男女老少很重要
is that although it's vital that every man, woman and child be covered,
但是保险收支的平衡也同样重要
it's also vital that we conserve as well as expend.
我们要为那些无法享受健保的人们
We're providing a safety net for folks on welfare
- 提供了一个防护网 - 该死
who otherwise would be unable to get off welfare. Oh, shit.
你看到什么了?
Oh, man. What did you just see?
没事
Uh, nothing. No one.
你错过了史上最伟大的浑球
Y'all are missing
one of the great assholes of our time back there.
对于马丁参议员的政见我深表遗憾 (巴特‧尼尔森州长)
I can't help feeling sad as I listen to Senator Martin.
表情真是遗憾
(LAUGHTER) MAN: Lookin' sad.
记得当我加入民♥主♥党时就表示…
I remember a time when being a Democrat meant more...
我们要提供的不仅仅是安全网
than just giving welfare recipients a safety net.
我们要提供人♥民♥技能
It meant giving them a ladder.
就表示我们要让人♥民♥有能力向上提升
It meant giving them a way to climb back to an equal height.
- 这代表了人的尊严 - 我要说,若是不控制支出
It meant dignity. I say if we don't control spending,
就无法支持这个伟大国家的经济
we don't shore up the economy of this great country of ours,
经济会下滑
our economy will go under.
这是新的经济观点
This is a new economic era.
我们要支持谁的经济?
NILSON: Who are we shoring the economy up for?
我想知道 是你们这些手握债券的肥猫吗?
Your bond-holding fat cats? I'd like to know.
不只是债券持有人,尼尔森州长 普通人都能受惠
It's not just bondholders. Ordinary men and women will benefit as well.
- 该死 - 他干嘛这么说?
Goddamn it. Why is he doing this?
因为他想支持劳伦斯‧哈利斯的好政策
Because he's just got to get on the good side of Lawrence Harris.
除此之外,低赤字表示 工薪家庭的房♥贷利率会降低
A lower deficit means, among other things,
that working families will have lower mortgage rates.
- 说得不错,但是就此打住 - 我们没事
Okay, not bad, but shut up. We're okay.
尼尔森州长的观点有其价值
JACK: Governor Nilson's idea has got merit.
我们必须帮助人们找到工作,这是事实
We do need to provide jobs for those who need work. That is true.
杰克,我插个话
Jack, excuse me. (CLEARS THROAT)
那你到底在反对什么?
What, if anything, are you against?
(GROANING) (TV AUDIENCE APPLAUDING)
我…我反对人们在受苦时无动于衷
I... I'm against doing nothing while people are suffering.
我反对忽视任何对人♥民♥有利的政策 即使那不是我的政见
I'm against dismissing any idea that might help
because it isn't my idea.
参议员,你见过这些人,看过他们的眼神
Senator, you have met these people, looked into their eyes.
你是说,除非是我们提出来的政策 否则就不支持吗?
Are you saying we should do nothin' to help unless we come up with it?
- 中枪! - 他死定了!
Nailed him ! He's toast!
- 就是这样! - 我的意思是…
RICHARD: Hell, yes! What I meant was...
完全征服!
ARLEN: Kickin' ass and takin' names!
一记好球,超乎预期
Grand slam. As good as it gets.
我表现得如何?
Hi. How was I?
你真行,亲爱的
You took it, honey. It was yours. Sure.
州长,我是玛琪‧康宁翰 “黑人至上”杂♥志♥
Governor, March Cunningham, The Black Advocate.
越战时期你曾被捕吗?
Were you ever arrested during the Vietnam War?
没有
No.
没在芝加哥被捕吗?
You were never arrested in Chicago?
那是意外拘留
I was accidentally detained.
然后被释放,纪录已删除
Then released. The record was expunged.
你记得是如何被释放的吗?
You remember how you were released?
他们发现抓错了人,这是很久以前的事了
They realized it was a mistake. It was a long time ago.
- 你去查记录吧 - 老公,我们要迟到了
Check your records. SUSAN: Honey, we're gonna be late.
- 亨利? - 你们先走,我随后就来
Henry? You guys go ahead. I'll meet you. Go on.
(CAR ENGINE STARTS, DOORS CLOSING)
你来做什么?
What are you doing here?
为何“黑人至上”杂♥志♥ 突然对史坦顿感兴趣?
Why is The Black Advocate suddenly interested in Stanton?
是我有兴趣
They're not. I am.
我想揭发他的真面目 因为我的朋友在帮他做事
I'm trying to find out who he is because a friend of mine works for him.
拜托,玛琪,别这样
Oh, March. Come on. Don't do this.
你应该也很感兴趣
I thought you might be interested too.
你知道他为何获释吗?
Do you know why he was released?
因为他打电♥话♥给参议员 再说服芝加哥市长撤销他的纪录
He called a senator to get him out of jail
and then persuaded the mayor of Chicago to have his record expunged.
- 然后呢? - 然后呢?
So? "So"?
你不在乎这家伙在六零年代 就能操弄芝加哥市长
You don't care that this guy was already so manipulative in the '60s...
that he got into bed with the mayor of Chicago,
而这位市长当时镇♥压♥了 民♥主♥党大会的抗♥议♥者吗?
the same mayor that busted the protestors at the Democratic Convention?
我不在乎,史坦顿不是激进份子 他只是个政客
电影精选列表