Well, she...
我认为她是一位 非常典型的校董会官僚
She was a pretty typical school board bureaucrat, I thought.
哈
Ha.
我们分租这座公♥寓♥六个月
CHARLIE: We got it on a six-month sublet.
比旅馆好,也比较便宜
It's better than a hotel. Cheaper too.
这里可以放衣服和用品
We can keep clothes and store stuff.
- 有隐私 - 我才不在乎隐私
We have privacy. I don't give a shit about privacy.
我是来出名的,藏起来无法出名
I'm here to get known, and you can't get known in private.
住在这里就好像竞选结束了
This is more like the end of a campaign than the beginning.
妈的,查理!竟然没有有线电视?
(TV PLAYING) Goddamn it, Charlie! No cable?
你♥他♥妈♥的在开玩笑
You got to be kiddin', man.
竞选他妈的美国总统的人 怎么能不看CNN!
You can't run for the president
of the United-fucking-States without CNN !
你有行李吗?
SUSAN: Do you have any bags?
我没想到会跟来,我一早就走
I didn't expect to come. I'm leaving in the morning.
- 想吃点东西吗? - 太好了
How about something to eat? That'd be great.
这是我见过最廉价 最毫无气派的鬼地方!
JACK: This is the worst two-bit, candy-assed, goddamn place I've ever seen !
嘿!亲爱的
Hey! Darling.
现在是凌晨四点 这可不是认识邻居的好方法
It's 4:00 in the morning. This is not how you want to be introduced to the neighbors.
来吧,亨利,我为你泡杯茶
Come on, Henry. I'll make you some tea.
我明天一早就走
JACK: Yeah, well, I'm out of here tomorrow morning.
我知道该省钱,但没省到这个程度 不能像输家一样下♥贱♥
I know we got to go cheap, but not this cheap.
Not loser cheap.
(SIGHS)
(BEEPS)
- 为何离开拉肯? - 什么?
So why did you quit Larkin? HENRY: What?
你为何不帮亚当‧拉肯做事了? 小心烫
Why did you stop working for Adam Larkin? Careful, it's hot.
谢谢,我只是…
Thank you. Well, I just, um...
没关系,我知道 你不想在新老板面前谈旧雇主
It's all right. I know you can't talk about your old boss to your new boss.
我还没新老板
I haven't got a new boss yet.
拉肯跟杰克截然不同,很冷静
Larkin's very different from Jack. Very cool.
从不犹豫
Never blinks. Hmm.
是高手
A pro. (SIPS, GRUNTS)
Oh.
他绝不没试温度就喝下去
He would never swallow tea without testing it.
(CHUCKLES) Aah.
这就是最真实的教训,对吧?
(CHUCKLES) That's the real thing experience teaches you. Isn't it?
学会如何不被烫伤
How not to get burned.
你觉得人们学得会吗?
Do you think people ever learn that?
最优秀的人就学不会
Not the best people.
(PEOPLE CHATTERING QUIETLY)
亚当教了我一些,不过…
He, uh. . . Adam taught me a lot, but...
都是千篇一律
it was all the same.
毫无惊喜
He never surprised me.
几乎没有人跟随我们正确的决定
Almost no one stepped up and voted with us because it was right.
他们总想要露露
They always asked for a lulu.
露露?
Lulu?
那是一种纽约的代糖
Uh, yeah. It's New York for artificial sweeteners.
(CHUCKLES)
总之,我们胜选了 然后就被参议院毁了
Anyway, we'd win, and then we'd be gutted in the Senate.
当我们设定了他们的法案版本
We'd settle for their version,
然后早就知道白宫会否决
then the White House would veto,
which we knew from the start.
然后呢? 我们宣称这是道德上的重大胜利
Then what? We'd celebrate our great moral victory.
我们被迫否决
We forced a veto.
所以你就放弃了?
So you dropped out?
是啊
Yeah.
那你为何来这里?
So why are you here?
- 我… - 说吧
I. . . Tell me.
说吧
Tell me.
已经凌晨四点了
It's 4:00 in the morning.
让我们说实话吧
Let's just tell the truth.
好吧
Okay. Well,
我一直很想了解…
I was always curious about how it would be...
跟随一位真正关心…
to work with someone who actually cared about...
我是说
I mean,
万物毫无规律
it couldn't always have been the way it is now.
如果我祖父在世,事情也许会有所不同
It must have been different when my grandfather was alive.
你也身在其中 你的时代有甘迺迪,我没有
Hey, you were there.
You had Kennedy. I didn't.
我只要听到总统说"命运"和"牺牲"这些词 内心都想着"你在放屁"
I've never heard a president use words like "destiny" and "sacrifice"
without thinking, "Bullshit."
好吧,也许甘迺迪也在说屁话
And okay, maybe it was bullshit with Kennedy too,
但是…
but. . . (SIGHS)
但是…人们相信
but. . . people believed it.
而…我猜想…
And. . . I guess...
这就是我想要的
that's what I want.
我愿意相信
I want to believe it.
我想在历史上躬逢其盛
I want to be a part of something that's history.
我打赌这个简单的问题 是你听过最长的回答
I bet this is the longest answer
to a five-word question you have ever gotten.
不,这不是
No, it isn't.
我听过简单问题的最长回答就是 “你喜欢飞蝇钓鱼吗?”
The longest answer to a five-word question I've ever gotten...
is the answer to: "Do you do much fly-fishing?"
(HENRY CHUCKLING)
这是很棒的答案,亨利
It's a good answer, Henry.
我们正要创造历史
History's what we're about too.
不然呢?
What else is there?
玛琪,有人要爆料汽车保险诈骗 三线电♥话♥
March, some guy about an automobile insurance scam on line three.
谢了
Thanks. (PEOPLE CHATTERING)
喂?
(BEEPS) Yes?
是我,拜托别挂断
It's me. Please don't hang up again.
- 去你的 - 玛琪,我在新罕布夏州
Fuck you. March, I'm in New Hampshire in a coffee shop.
不确定何时才能再打电♥话♥ 听我说两分钟好吗?
I don't know when I'll get to the next phone. Could you just listen for two minutes?
听着,这家伙有机会成为大人物
Listen, I think this guy could be the real thing.
这个家伙真是太不可思议了 你最终会为他工作
This guy could be so incredible, you'd end up working for him.
这浑球真的喜欢这些人
This son of a bitch actually likes these people.
他值得冒险,这家伙真的…
He's worth the risk. This guy could really do...
亨利
Henry, hey.
帮我带他出来,20分钟后要募款
Help me get him outta here. We have a fund-raiser in 20 minutes.
王八蛋,我等了一整晚
You bastard. I waited for you all night.
我可以解释
I can explain about that.
(PHONE LINE RINGING)
- 我帮你买♥♥了些杂物 - 不,我不行
I bought you some stuff at the drug store. No, I can't.
我没有衣服哪也去不了
I can't go to Mammoth Falls without clothes.
钥匙给我,黛西会帮你打包 周三交给你
Give me your keys. I'll have Daisy pack things, bring them on Wednesday.
为何不让我周三自己去打包?
(RINGING CONTINUES) Why can't I pack things and bring 'em on Wednesday?
因为周三你会在密西西比州
Because by Wednesday you'll be in Mississippi.
在离开前必须成立竞选总部 所以钥匙交给我
We have to set up the campaign headquarters before we leave. So keys, please.
Hey.
我以为你会催我们快点
I thought you were supposed to be telling us to hurry.
我…呃…
I. . . Um...
苏珊…史坦顿夫人,我不确定
Susan. . . Mrs. Stanton, I'm not sure.
我是说我…不知道
I mean, I-I-I don't know.
我从未执行过总统竞选
I've never helped run a presidential campaign before.
我们也没有过
Well, neither have we,
不过这就是创造历史,亨利…
but that's how history is made, Henry...
对初学者而言
by the first-timers.
(现在开始进行登机手续…)
WOMAN ON P.A. : We are beginning our pre-boarding procedure.
(史坦顿竞选总统总部)
各位…
HENRY: Are you, uh...
这是…
Is this. . . (SIGHS)
州党部的人在哪里?
Uh, where are the state party people?
他们都去跑国会选举了,只剩我们
They're tied up with the congressional races. We're it.
好吧,好吧
All right. All right. (CHUCKLES)
好,给我全国委员会 从选战一开始的…
Okay, get me the national committee mailing lists...
每位捐款人的邮寄地址
of every donor since the beginning of time.
我还要每位可能参选人的得票完整纪录
Also, I need a complete database
of voting records on every possible candidate,
如此才能建立快速回应的机制
so we can set up a rapid response negative operation.
该怎么做呢,亲爱的?
How do we do that, honey?
你们…呃…
Don't you, uh...
你们有任何的技能吗?
Don't any of you have any special skills?
我会说希伯来语
I speak Hebrew.
很好
Great.
用滑鼠点两下
HENRY: Now double-click on "Pro-Choice," Ella Louise.
好
ELLA: All right.
然后叫出画面
HENRY: Uh, now call up the "Harris Vote."
- 像这样? - 不对!
ELLA: Like this? HENRY: No! No!
(ELLA GROANING)
电影精选列表