I say the race is ours by default.
天哪,这可怜的女人
My God, this poor woman.
我想感谢各位…
WOMAN: I want to thank all of you...
无止尽的热情
for your remarkable outpouring of affection.
很显然我的丈夫无法继续竞选总统
It's obvious that my husband will not be able
to continue his campaign for the presidency.
太棒了!我…我不是那个意思
Fantastic! I mean. . . Well, you know what I mean.
我们请求我们的好友 前任的佛罗里达州弗莱德‧皮克州长
We have asked our good friend
former governor Fred Picker of Florida to carry on for us. (GROANING)
继续这场有意义的光荣之路
To continue to raise the questions in a meaningful,
honorable way.
- 她推我们一把也不显难过 - 你饶了她吧
She's not too upset to give us a poke. Give her a break.
她丈夫快死了,还认为是杰克干的
Her husband may be dying and she thinks Jack did it.
让我将这场选战交给皮克州长
Now let me turn this campaign over to Governor Picker.
谢谢你,亲爱的
Thank you, darlin'.
(REPORTERS CLAMORING)
希望各位谅解这令人伤感的一刻
I hope you'll excuse me. This is a rather emotional time.
皮克州长,你会赢得提名吗?
Mr... Governor Picker, do you think you can win the nomination?
呃…我…我不…
Well, I'm, uh, I'm not...
不是来赢得提名的
out to win the nomination.
我只是…
I-I'm out to
接续哈利斯参议员的起点
continue what Senator Harris began.
我只想给美国人♥民♥一个诚实的选择
I'm trying to give the American people an honest choice on the issues.
如果你赢得提名…
REPORTER: But if you won the nomination...
目前这个问题还不成熟
Uh, it's really premature to talk about that right now.
我真的没思考过这样的问题
I really haven't had the time to think about it.
我只想到能提供最好的协助
Now, what I have thought about is the best way I can help
帮助哈利斯参议员竞选
Senator Harris in this campaign.
我深知他是言出必行的人
And as I know him as a man of action rather than words,
最好的方式就是跟我一起捐血
the best action is for me to go down
and donate a pint of blood,
因为目前他最需要输血
because that's what he really needs now.
如果各位愿意捐血
If you folks would like to come down and donate a pint,
哈利斯夫人一定非常感激的
I know Mrs. Harris would certainly appreciate it.
(GROANING)
天哪,我们竟然没想到捐血这招
Jesus Christ, we should have thought of that blood thing.
- 真行 - 这招真厉害
Great. Great goddamn move.
我们要怎么应付这家伙? 我们要怎么应付不从事竞选活动的人?
How do we treat this guy? How do we run against him if he's not gonna run?
该死,他会参选
Oh, shit, he'll run.
除非他宣布
But till he announces it,
否则他只是本周的花边新闻
he'll be the flavor of the week.
只能耐心等待他跳出来
We'll just be patient and wait till he comes out.
我们能期待这场选举有什么改变吗?
MAN: What kind of changes can we expect in the campaign?
劳伦斯‧哈利斯制♥作♥了许多负面广♥告♥
Lawrence Harris has made several negative 30-second spots,
而且他的民♥意♥调查机构建议制♥作♥更多
and his pollsters have advised even more.
- 你会继续这么做吗? - 不会
Will you keep going in that direction? No.
我不打广♥告♥
I won't be doing any spots,
而且我也不会付钱委托民♥意♥调查机构
and I won't be having any polls because I'm not gonna be paying any pollsters.
我不请竞选团队
I'm not gonna hire folks
告诉我你们在想什么 如何赢得你们
to tell me what you're thinkin' and how I can get at you.
- 那你打算怎么做? - 有话直说
Then what exactly are you gonna do? I'm gonna talk straight.
我的老天!这家伙是何方神圣?
Jesus Christ! Who is this guy?
我们别惊慌
Well, let's not panic.
他只缺公开承认竞选了
He's as much as admitted he's runnin',
这样就能看清他的真面目了
so now we're gonna see some tarnish on the golden image.
媒体去吃屎吧
The media giveth and. . . go fuck yourself.
州长,你为何于1978年退出政♥治♥?
Governor, why did you quit politics in 1978?
理由很多,查理
Uh, there were a lot of reasons, Charlie.
是我的私人问题
Uh, I had personal problems.
我相信你很难启齿
CHARLIE: I know this can't be easy for you to talk about.
不,不会,不过我想…
No, no, it's not, but I guess...
若想获得提名,这是必经的事
it's part of the game now, so I'll be candid.
过去的我太专注于州长的工作
You see, what happened was I got too wrapped up
in the business of being governor,
于是忽略了家庭
and I began to neglect my family,
我的太太有了外遇
and my wife fell in love with another man.
于是我退出政♥治♥以挽救婚姻 但是我做不到
I quit in part to see if I could salvage my marriage, but I couldn't.
所以我只想让我的孩子们…
So I just wanted to make sure that my boys...
知道他们的双亲都很爱他们
knew that they had two parents that loved them very much.
如果你问他们一样的问题 他们会说我们熬过来了
And I think if you ask them they'll tell you that we made it through okay.
他们已经上大学了 当哈利斯夫人请求我做这件事
They're in college now, and when Mrs. Harris asked me to do this,
他们非常非常热情
they were very, very enthusiastic.
所以也可以说是 我为了他们而投入选举
So I guess you could say that I'm doing this for them too.
我没见过这么厉害的人物
RICHARD: Awesome. Best I've ever seen.
- 我们该怎么办? - 我们该惊慌了
What do we do? Well, now we panic.
CHARLIE: As I said earlier, it must be very difficult...
哈罗
(RINGING) Hello.
嘿,子♥宫♥穿刺人!
LIBBY: Hey, Amnio Man! (CHUCKLING)
天哪!怎么找到我的?
God ! How in the hell did you find out?
一点也不难 萝瑞塔告诉同学了
It wasn't hard. Loretta talked to a schoolmate.
“外遇”杂♥志♥付了25万元给麦克利斯特
A Current Affair just offered the McCollisters 250,000,
胖威利把他们赶出去还威胁要报♥警♥
and Fat Willie threw 'em off the property and threatened to call the cops.
我不得不把他们安置到别的郡 我一定会杀了杰克
I had to stash 'em in another county. I could fuckin' kill Jack.
- 他说不是胎儿的父亲 - 也许不是
He says he's not the father. Well, he's probably not.
无所谓,屎就是屎 凯许米尔起了头
It doesn't matter. Shit begets shit. Cashmere made anything possible.
不是吗?
Yeah, didn't she?
听着,我是很好的顾问,我了解纽约
Listen, I'm a good consultant and I know New York.
但我不是魔术师 那些有关你和黑人女孩的谣言…
But I'm not a magician. Those rumors about you and the black girl...
诺曼,难道我不能捐血反驳指控
Norman, can't I tell 'em I gave blood to disprove the charge,
只能坐等结果吗?
and we're just waitin' for the results?
这太过激进了
That's too defensive.
你捐血的原因和皮克捐血的原因 这种对比我不喜欢
RICHARD: I don't like the contrast
between why you gave blood and why Picker gave blood.
我同意,但是上赫洛德的节目澄清 是不错的主意
I agree. But it might be a good idea to get on some TV shows
like Montel and Geraldo.
你是说剥除仅剩的一点尊严 然后吞下去吗?
You mean strip away those last annoying little shreds of dignity
and just wallow in trash?
为何要在纽约竞选?有什么用?
Why campaign in New York at all? What is the use?
必须如此,你不能跳过纽约
SUSAN: You have to. You can't skip New York.
民众会把我生吞活剥
Well, they'll kill me.
不,他们只会觉得必须这么做
No. It'll just feel like they have.
但是你会熬过来 我们都会熬过来
But you'll survive. We all find a way to survive.
这就是我…很高兴…莅临纽约的原因…
(CROWD SHOUTING ANGRILY) Th-That's why I'm so, so happy to be in New York,
很高兴有机会…
to have the opportunity to...
如果各位给我机会…
If, if you just give me a chance...
请给我机会…
(CROWD CONTINUES SHOUTING) Please give me a chance...
澄清各位的疑问…
to answer your, your questions...
我爱纽约!
I love New York!
下地狱吧!
I hope you rot in hell !
臭虫…!
Bugger, bugger, bugger!
王八蛋!
WOMAN: (YELLING) Son of a bitch !
伪君子!鸡♥奸♥!变♥态♥!
You're a phony! A pederast! You're a sick hetero fuck!
(CROWD BOOING, JEERING)
我进来了
SUSAN: I'm in. I'm in.
(SIREN WAILING, CROWD CONTINUES SHOUTING)
不知道还要承受多少
(BLOWS LANDING ON VAN) I don't know how much more of this I can take.
好,明天开始康乃狄克州
Okay, tomorrow we start working Connecticut.
皮克进行大会演说 我们必须同时反击
Picker's speaking at a rally, and we ought to hit it at the same time.
明天不行,他要去布鲁克林 见鲁巴维智‧鲁比
He can't tomorrow. He's got to go to Brooklyn and meet with the Lubavitcher Rebbe.
他妈是谁决定的?
What? Who the fuck decided that?
要想赢得纽约,一定要见鲁巴维智‧鲁比
The Lubavitcher Rebbe. Can't win New York without him.
- 听着,州长… - 诺曼了解纽约,听他的
Hey, listen, Governor. . . Norman knows New York. It's his call.
苏珊是对的,你们去参加集♥会♥ 我最好赴约
Susan's right. You go to the rally. I better keep the appointment.
(SIREN CONTINUES WAILING)
(纽哈芬欢迎弗莱德‧皮克州长)
(PEOPLE CHEERING WILDLY) (BAND PLAYING UPBEAT MUSIC)
(CHEERING, YELLING CONTINUE)
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢,这有点盛大
Thank you. Well, this is kind of overwhelming.
他紧张了,成了焦点
He's nervous now. He's the man now.
(BAND PLAYING UPTEMPO MUSIC)
我没想到
I didn't expect this.
感谢在后方帐篷捐血的人
To all the folks giving their blood in the back out there in the tents,
感谢他们,真的
I want to thank them. I really do.
(CHEERING, SHOUTING)
请各位…请各位帮个忙好吗?
PICKER: Would you all do me. . . Would you all do me a favor?
别这么大声
Just don't shout quite so loud.
谢谢
Thank you. (CHUCKLING) (CROWD LAUGHING)
- 谢了,我…我说真的 - 我们爱你!
Thanks. Now, I-I-I really mean it. MAN: We love you !
我希望各位冷静一下
I-I wish everyone would just calm down a little.
电影精选列表