天哪,莉比,你想干嘛? 重点是什么?
Libby, for christ sake, what are you doing? What's the point?
重点是伊格顿 还记得吗,杰克?
The point is Eagleton. 'Member, Jack?
我当时就认识你了,两天没错吧?
I must've known you, what, two days then?
我们听说麦高文挑选的副总统
We hear that McGovern has chosen a vice president
竟然接受过电击治疗
who had electric shock treatments.
那是我头一次觉得可能会输给 尼克森那个猪头
For the first time I considered the possibility
we might lose to that fuckbrain Nixon.
在之前我一直都认为我们会赢
I mean, before that, I was absolutely convinced we would win.
你想像得到吗,亨利? 我们是如此的年轻
(CHUCKLING) Can you imagine, Henry? We were so fuckin' young.
然后这家伙…带我出去
And this one. . . He takes me out.
去一间小古巴餐馆 记得吗,杰克?
We go to this little open-air Cuban joint. 'Member, Jack?
我头趴在手臂上,好似生命结束了
I got my head in my hands. Life has ended.
我说“这一定是中情局CIA干的好事”
I say, "They did it. The C. I.A. It had to be the C. I.A."
我不相信汤姆‧伊格顿真是笨蛋
I couldn't believe that Tom Eagleton would really be a nutcase.
他们一定对他下药,然后害他发疯
They had to have dragged him off and drugged him and made him crazy.
麦高文不可能是该死的外行人
It couldn't have been that McGovern was a complete fucking amateur.
他们一定用了下流手段 我说“我们一定要像CIA一样行”
No, they did dirty tricks. I said, "We got to get the same capability as the C. I.A."
记得吗,杰克? “我们也要这么下流”
'Member, Jack? "We got to be able to do dirt too."
你说“不行,我们的使命是终结这种事”
You said, "No. Our job is to end all that.
“我们的使命就是干净选举”
"Our job is to make it clean.
“因为干净选举而获胜”
"Because if it's clean, we win.
“因为我们的作为比较好”
"Because our ideas are better."
记得吗,杰克?
You remember that, Jack?
那是往事了
That was a long time ago.
莉比,你说的,我们都还年轻
Libby, you said it yourself. We were young.
我们不知道江湖险恶
We didn't know how the world worked.
我们如今都懂了
Now we know.
我们知道,如果不采取行动 就会发生两件事
We know that if we don't move on this Picker situation, two things will happen:
首先就是,我们完蛋了 25年前从迈阿密开始的努力化为乌有
The first is, we're dead. Everything we've worked for
since Miami 25 years ago dies, and fast.
其次就是,一旦蜜月期结束 这件事会迅速爆发
The second thing that happens is someday very soon, when the romance dies,
当他们受够了 弗莱德‧皮克的不作为和正义形象
when they've gotten sick of Freddie Picker's quiet, righteous act,
某些主流媒体将会揭发出来
some enterprising journalist will stumble onto this.
如果他不这么做,共和党也会这么做
If he doesn't, the Republicans will lead him to it on their timetable.
然后这将是另一个伊格顿事件
Next fall, it'll be another Eagleton.
我们若坐视不管,就是个错误
It'll be our fault this time for letting it happen.
是你的错误,莉比
Your fault, Libby.
你也许说得对
Honey, you may be right.
这一切也许对
All of it may be right.
但是不能这么做 是因为我们不是那种人
But we can't do it because it just ain't who we're supposed to be.
也许我们能透露一点清水开♥发♥的事
JACK: Maybe we could leak part of it, the Clearwater stuff.
我们知道共和党有资料了
We know the Republicans have that.
你不会以为他们成天没事干吧?
You don't think they're gonna have the rest any day now?
你以为只有雷斯知道内情吗?
You think Reyes is only gonna tell this story once?
抱歉,莉比,这没得商量
I'm sorry, Libby. There's just no discussion.
没错,没得商量
You're right. None.
亨利和我决定了结一切
Henry and me have decided this dies here.
我不这么想
I don't think so.
抱歉,亲爱的,就是如此
I'm sorry, sweetheart, but it does.
理由在这里
And here's why.
你知道这是什么吗?
You know what this is?
杰克血液测试结果 和查理叔叔多年前的测试结果
Test results on Jack's blood, Uncle Charlie's blood taken over the years.
这是杰克交给我 证明不是那胎儿父亲的验血报告
This is the blood test report Jack gave me that proves he's not the father
of Loretta McCollister's baby.
你知道吗,杰克? 那不是你的血液
You know what, Jack? It's not your blood.
很劲爆吧?
Isn't that a riot?
波若葛医生采的不是你的血
The blood sample Dr. Beauregard took was not from you.
是查理叔叔的
It was from Uncle Charlie.
你叫他去你的住处采血
You sent him to have his blood tested in your place,
因为你知道波若葛医生爱你,而且
because you know good old Dr. Beauregard loves you and
“想修理那些北方佬”
(IMITATING BEAUREGARD) "wants to teach those Yankees a lesson."
不过他比较怕失去医师执照,杰克
He's not gonna love you enough to lose his license, Jack.
他知道我有证据,就下跪求饶了
Once he knows I have proof, he'll fold like a cheap accordion.
我知道这无法证明 你是萝瑞塔胎儿的父亲
I know that won't prove you are the father of Loretta's baby.
事实上我也认为你不是
In fact, I think you're not.
但这也证明了你可能是
But it proves you thought you might be.
证明了你干过她,这将毁了你的机会
That proves you fucked her. That will kill your chances.
你要这么做
You would do that.
你要终结他的政♥治♥生涯
You would end his political career.
你瞧,杰克 她甚至没听我说什么
You see, Jack, she hasn't even heard.
她根本不在乎你干了17岁的保母
She isn't even upset that you fucked your 17-year-old baby-sitter.
你知道为什么吗? 因为不忠不会下地狱
You know why? It's never the cheat who goes to hell.
总是不忠的对象下地狱
It's always the one who he cheated on.
所以你才能一直用温柔的语调 对着众人说话
That's why you can still talk in that tenderhearted voice
about bein' in it for the folks.
而苏珊却只说着你该死的政♥治♥生涯
And Susie here can only talk in that voice from hell about your political career.
这到底是什么鬼? 抱歉,我忘了
What kind of shit is that? Excuse me, I forgot.
同样的混帐事不断发生,却从未找上你
It's the same old shit. It's the shit no one ever calls you on ever.
因为你是他妈的如此特别
Because you're so completely fucking special.
因为每个人都以你为荣
(CRYING) Because everyone was always so proud of you.
我也是,但我最惨
Me too. Me the worst.
(SIGHS)
这样我才会好过一点
It just makes it a whole lot easier for me.
失望透顶
It's totally depressing.
我这悲惨的一辈子 到底都干了什么?
What have I been doing this for my whole pathetic fucking life?
(SIGHS)
以下是我的条件
So here's the deal:
如果你们对弗莱德‧皮克采取行动 那个有些许缺点但是正直的人
If you move on Freddy Picker, who I think we all agree is a flawed but decent man,
我就揭发你们
I move on you.
没错
Yes.
宁为玉碎,不为瓦全
I will destroy this village in order to save it.
亨利,我们明天…
Henry, tomorrow we...
给我的吗?
Is that for me?
不是
No, darlin'.
到哪里了?
(SNIFFLES) Where are we?
快到我的河边公♥寓♥了
HENRY: We're just coming up to my beautiful condo by the river.
你想进来喝杯咖啡、酒或是可乐吗?
Hey, do you wanna come in for some coffee, booze, Diet Coke?
今晚不行
LIBBY: Not tonight.
帮我送回去,好吗?
Deliver this for me, will ya?
我不会揭发
I'm not gonna use it.
你要交出血液测试,放过他们吗?
You're giving them the blood test info, letting them off the hook?
为何不?皮克早晚完蛋,我们也救不了他
Why not? Picker will go down anyway. We can't save him.
我只是想测试他们 结果他们竟然要行动
The whole point of this was to see if they'd turn him in, and they will.
甚至毫不犹豫
They didn't even fuckin' hesitate.
(SOBBING, SNIFFLING)
那…就这样吧
So. . . that's that.
给他们好看,莉比
Let 'em swing, Libby. Let 'em sweat a little.
噢,亲爱的
Oh, honey.
你看到月亮了吗?
You see that moon?
那就是我,很美对吧?
That's me. It's beautiful, huh? (SNIFFLES)
亨利
But, Henry,
那只是反射的光线
it's only reflected light.
它需要太阳
It needs the sun.
史坦顿是我的太阳
The Stantons are my sun.
我的一生都需要他们的光线和温暖
I lived my life drawing light and warmth from them.
失去了他们,我就是 永恒的缺氧及冰冷黑暗
Without them, I'm bleak and cold
and airless for eternity.
保重,亨利
You be careful, Henry.
你还有大气层保护
You still have something of an atmosphere.
找出自己的方向,好吗?
Find yourself a life, okay?
好
Okay.
过来
Come here.
你去吧
(SNIFFLES) Go on now.
- 去睡一下 - 你找得到路吗?
Try and get some sleep. You can find your way from here?
当然
Oh, sure. (ENGINE STARTS)
这里只有两条路能走
From here? There's only two ways you can go from here.
- 再见,亲爱的 - 晚安
Bye, sweetie. Good night.
(POLICE SIREN BLARING)
不…!
No! No. No.
天哪,不
Oh, God, no.
(GASPS, WHIMPERS)
(HEAVY BREATHING, FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING)
她是我的好朋友
(GRUNTING) Hey, hey! No, she's a friend of mine.
亲密的朋友,让我过去
(SOBBING) She's a close friend of mine. Come on. Let me through.
OFFICER: It's okay.
没事
(CONTINUES SOBBING) It's all right.
电影精选列表