我说的各位是指媒体
And when I say "everyone," I mean, uh, the press,
还有电视成员以及我的同僚…
and, uh, the TV crews and all my colleagues...
还有那些给我同僚建议的人
and all the folks who make a living advising my colleagues.
我们都需要冷静一下
I think we need to calm down some.
各位知道这是个伟大的国家
You know, this is a terrific country.
但是我们有时有点疯狂
But sometimes we go a little crazy.
也许是因为伟大,也许是自♥由♥
And maybe that's part of our greatness, part of our freedom.
但是如果不小心冷静
But if we don't watch out and calm down,
就会失控
it all may just spin out of control.
世界越来越复杂
You know, the world is getting more and more complicated.
而政♥治♥人物用最简单的口号♥解释事务
And politicians have to explain things to you in simpler terms
如此他们过度简化的解释 就能出现在晚间新闻
so that they can get their little oversimplified explanations
on the evening news.
最后,开始不解释事物的真♥相♥
And eventually, instead of even trying to explain things,
只是互相的抹黑
they just give up and start slingin' mud at each other.
这一切使大家兴奋,提高知名度
And it's all to keep you excited, keep you watchin',
就像是看到…车祸…
like you watch, uh, a car wreck...
或是摔角…
or a, uh, wrestlin' match.
事实上,就像是专业的摔角
As a matter of fact, that's exactly what it's like: professional wrestlin'.
在…在舞台上,都是假的
It's. . . It's staged and it's fake,
一切毫无意义
and it doesn't mean anything.
然后为此争论
And that goes for the debates.
我们…我们不恨对手
We don't. . . We don't hate our opponents.
我们大多时间根本不认识他们
Hell, half the time we don't even know them.
但这似乎是唯一能让人生气的方法
But it seems it's the only way we know how to keep you all riled up.
所以我对这项竞选想做的就是
So what I want to do with this campaign
让事情缓和下来…
is kind of quiet things down...
开始寻求对话…
and start having a conversation...
谈论国家下个世纪的方向
about what sort of country we want this to be in the next century.
我想邀请史坦顿州长一起对话
And I want Governor Stanton to know that I welcome him to this conversation.
好
Well, okay.
这是你们的主秀,你们都知道规矩
This show is all yours. You gentlemen know the rules.
不可瞪眼、丢椅子
No eye-gouging, no chair-tossing.
三次击倒,我就介入制止
Three knockdowns, I come in to stop the bout.
希望他不会输 赫洛德会钉死他,皮克非常平和
I hope he don't lose it. Geraldo's gonna go after him, and Picker's very smooth.
- 他不会输的 - 说实话,他还有什么好失去的?
He won't lose it. Frankly, folks, he doesn't have anything to lose.
一直以来,整个竞选过程
GERALDO: ...overshadows your entire campaign.
真♥相♥为何,先生
ls there any truth, any truth whatsoever, sir,
关于你是黑人少女胎儿的父亲 的糟糕指控?
to the awful allegation that you are the father of a child by a teenage girl?
- 该死! - 真不好,太超过了
Oh, shit! No, it's good. It's out there.
如果杰克可以简短回答…
Now, if Jack just keeps the answer short...
她受到了大众的影响…
JACK: ...that she's been influenced by all the publicity...
类似凯许米尔‧麦克劳的假录音带事件
surrounding the phony Cashmere McLeod tapes.
那个家庭都是好人,也是我的朋友
Now, the family involved are good people. They're friends of mine.
在他们公开在大众之前 我和她的父亲谈过
I spoke with the father just before they went to an undisclosed location,
他很抱歉对我带来困扰
and he apologized for causing me so much trouble.
我们知道这样就够了,杰克 大家说对不对?
I think that's all we need to know, Jack. Don't you, folks?
我的老天哪
(APPLAUSE) Jesus Christ.
皮克替他解围,我从没见过
Picker actually saved him. I've never seen that before.
- 真不可思议 - 也许是史上头一次
That's incredible. Maybe this is the first time.
也许皮克才是真实的原貌
Maybe Picker's an original, the real thing.
白人小子,这就像飙车
You know your problem, Hotchkiss? It's you got gallopin' T. B.
- 你说的不是肺结核吧? - 我说的是真实信仰主义
You don't mean tuberculosis, right? I mean true-believer-ism.
你讲话像专家,行为像专家
You talk like a pro, you act like a pro,
但在内心深处,你就像莉比
but inside, you're just like Libby,
当她心目中的候选人并非完美无瑕 她就发疯了
who actually goes crazy when her candidate turns out not to be
the rock her church was built on.
你知道78年的时候 她戴着竞选钮扣,上面写着
Do you know in '78 she actually wore a button that said,
“我是皮克的人…”
"I'm a Picker Person"...
然后她在皮克退出后就消失无踪吗?
and nose-dived when he quit the race?
- 为何不试着搞清楚他为何… - 他已经解释过了
Didn't even try to get the goods on why he was. . . Well, he told us why.
因为他想在家陪着小孩吗?
What? He wanted to stay home with his kids?
“我喜欢当爸爸而非美国总统?” 别他妈放屁了
"I'd rather be dad than president?" Gimme a fuckin' break.
民♥主♥党参选人之间的竞争可能会加剧
The race among Democratic contenders might be a toss-up.
民调显示两人在参加赫洛德秀之后
Polls taken after the two men appeared on the Geraldo show indicate
皮克州长依然些许领先
that Governor Picker still has a substantial lead,
不过史坦顿州长支持率增加了5%
but there has been a remarkable five-percent increase for Governor Stanton.
该死的诺曼‧艾许
Fuckin' Norman Asher.
NEWSREADER: (ON TV) ... Stanton's appearance is attributed by many...
谢谢
Thank you.
我只是休个假
(SIGHS) Hey, I'm just takin' a leave of absence.
我无法在此听诺曼‧艾许的指挥
I can't stick around and take orders from Norman Asher.
我们不是同类
We're from different parts of the jungle.
让他高兴就好,反正快结束了
Let him have his day. This thing's about gone anyway.
- 我不敢相信 - 为什么?
I can't believe this. Why?
亨利,我经历过数百次了
Henry, I've been through this shit a hundred times.
那些人就是这样 起先爱你,然后就不爱你
That's what these guys do. They love you, and they stop lovin' ya.
史坦顿不一样
But Stanton's different.
他是不一样,他值得
Yeah, he is different. He was worth it.
你要小心,白人小子
You take care of your ass, Hotchkiss.
下回见
I'll see you next time.
很遗憾失去了黛西和理查
NORMAN: I'm very sorry about losing Daisy and Richard.
但我们都是专家,知道事情的结果
But we're all pros. We know these things happen.
我想谈谈皮克
I wanna talk about Picker,
理查说的有关皮克的事
something Richard said about Picker.
我想查清楚…
I wanna find out...
皮克为何在1978年退出政坛?
why did Picker quit in '78?
我唯一听说皮克的肮脏事就是…
LIBBY: The only dirt I ever heard about Picker...
清水地♥产♥的公♥寓♥开♥发♥案
was a condo development named Clearwater Estates
州政♥府♥为开♥发♥案提供资金兴建道路
where the state matched money for the county to build a connecting road.
然后?
JACK: And?
没什么特别的
Nothing specific.
这项开♥发♥案由艾德加多‧雷斯主导
The project was being developed by a guy named Edgardo Reyes.
艾德加多‧雷斯 是安托妮雅‧雷斯的兄弟,她是…
Edgardo Reyes is the brother of Antonia Reyes, who is...
皮克的前妻 还有谁知道这事?
Picker's former wife. Who else knows about this?
- 有人在追踪这件事吗? - 没有
Anyone follow it up? Nope.
那我们追下去,莉比
JACK: Well, Lib, let's go.
怎么了?
What?
- 怎么了? - 我在思考
(CHUCKLES) What? LIBBY: I'm tryin' to decide.
- 思考什么? - 我只是负责保护你,蠢货
Decide what? Whether I wanna do this for ya, you stupid shit.
我扫除灰尘,保护你 我不想为对手服务
I bust dust. I protect ya. I don't do in the opponent.
这有什么差别?
What the fuck is the difference?
对世界有差别
All the difference in the world.
对世界上的道德有差别
All the moral difference in the world.
我对毁掉弗莱德‧皮克没兴趣
I'm not too interested in tearin' ol' Freddy Picker down.
- 如果他有问题,是害虫呢? - 迟早会曝光
And if he's bent, if he's a crook? It'll out.
何时才会发生? 当他赢得提名的时候吗?
But when? Say he wins the nomination, and then it comes out.
你看看这个
Look at this. Look at this.
波若葛医生给我的验血报告
The results of the blood test Dr. Beauregard gave me.
恭喜
Congratulations.
- 这很有帮助 - 这没有帮助
I'm sure this'll help. JACK: But it won't.
莉比,我不在乎 我的血液不符萝瑞塔的胎儿
Libby, honey, you know it. It won't matter that my blood doesn't match Loretta's baby.
我不在乎我不是胎儿父亲
It won't matter that I can't be the father.
如果我是父亲,唯一让我在乎的
The only way it would matter is if I were the father,
是因为犯罪很有意思
because guilty is what's interesting.
你要让我以为,我必须遵守规矩 而你因为曾为皮克工作而轻饶了他吗?
Am I supposed to live by these rules and let Picker slide in on a special pass
because you were a Picker person in the '70s?
你是说"一视同仁"吗? 少跟我来这套
You mean "and justice for all"? That's a stupid fuckin' argument.
这件事不一样 皮克也许犯了诈欺和逃税
Okay, but this isn't. Picker could be guilty of fraud or a tax swindle.
如果他利用影响力帮助小舅子 他就没资格担任总统
If he used influence to help his brother-in-law, he's not fit to be president.
他很可能是混♥蛋♥
He could be a real shit.
忘掉他的过去,找出他的底细
Forget who you thought he was. Find out who he really is.
去收拾行李吧
Get packed.
我们在跳凌波舞,亨利
We're in limbo now, Henry.
我们是非主流的
We are outside the mainstream.
我们身处炼狱,我们迷失了
We are in purgatory. We are lost.
莉比,你再不闭嘴
HENRY: Libby, if you don't shut up,
我就死给你看
I'm gonna kill myself.
我们在测试极限,我们在堕落
LIBBY: We are testing our limits. We are in the pits.
还记得凌波舞吗?记得口诀吗?
'Member Limbo Rock? 'Member the words?
"看你能多低(下流)?"
"How low can you go?"
(CHATTERING, LAUGHTER)
我们为什么跟他约在这里碰面?
电影精选列表