"it gives me a chance to see courage."
我想感谢各位
I want to thank you.
我想感谢各位允许我今天到访
I want to thank you for allowing me to visit here today.
(APPLAUSE)
谢谢州长
(CHEERING) Thank you, Governor.
把他带走吧
Let's get him out of here.
- 他喜欢这样 - 史坦顿州长
He likes it. MARIANNE: Governor Stanton.
我想感谢你的到访
I want to thank you personally for coming.
真是见鬼了
I will be damned.
- 因为我… - 抱歉
MARIANNE: Because I'm. . . Ooh ! Sorry.
你应该换双鞋子
JACK: Can I help you? You should have those shoes checked.
如果还有…
MARIANNE: If there's anything...
- 你要为他工作吗? - 不会
You're gonna go work for him, aren't you? No, I am not.
我要去他下榻的酒店套房♥谈一谈
I'm gonna meet him at his suite
in the Sherry-Netherland so we can talk.
- 谈什么? - 也许是为他工作的事
About what? Probably about going to work for him.
你怎能离开亚当‧拉肯,和某个…
How can you walk out on Adam Larkin and get into bed with some cracker...
- 我没有… - 不在乎黑人的州长搞在一起
I'm not getting into bed. . . . . .who hasn't done piss for blacks in his state?
- 我敢说和亚当‧拉肯也一样 - 他不会这样
I could say the same about Adam Larkin. But he will.
他必须花时间,因为他是黑人国会议员
He has to bide his time. He's a black congressman.
我不喜欢拉肯,不想为他工作
I don't like Larkin. I didn't like working for him.
我不知道史坦顿想要干嘛,不过…
I don't know what Stanton wants, but...
我知道
Well, I do.
史坦顿想利用你这黑人政客 民权法案领袖的孙子来吸引选票
Stanton wants to use the grandson of a civil rights leader,
a black man in politics, as a vote getter.
这太荒谬了,你竟然说你没幽默感
That's hilarious. And you tell me you have no sense of humor.
竞选团队加入黑人 实际上是吸引选票
Put a black man on the team, really roll in those votes.
所以才有这么多黑人管理这个国家
That's why there are so many black men running the country.
如果你这么讨厌政♥治♥ 就跟我来“黑人至上”杂♥志♥工作
If you're so upset about politics, come work at The Black Advocate.
我们从未放弃梦想
We're never disillusioned.
帮我拿领带好吗?
Would you hand me that tie on the headboard?
自己去拿
Get your own damn tie.
没领带,没西装
No tie. No suit.
穿皮外套好酷,很好
Just leather jacket cool. All right.
两个小时就回来 之后再讨论“黑人至上”杂♥志♥
I'll be back in two hours, and then we can talk about The Black Advocate.
好吗?拜托别生气…
Okay? Aw, come on, don't be mad. Co...
算了,你去生气吧 等我两个小时就好
Okay, be mad, but only for two hours, and wait up for me.
(DOOR OPENS, CLOSES)
天哪,孩子
Oh, my God. My boy.
竟然是亨利‧波顿,真是荣幸
Henry Burton, I am mighty honored.
我是阿伦‧史波肯,州长的媒体顾问
I'm Arlen Sporken, the governor's media consultant.
- 嗨,亨利 - 嗨
Hey, Henry. HENRY: Hi.
- 低脂低咖♥啡♥因♥ - 不,谢了
Nonfat caffeine? No, thank you.
- 很高兴你的加入 - 不,我…
I am just delighted that you're on board. No.
给我一个三明治
Get me one of those sandwiches.
- 只要你叫我甜心 - 我去拿
Only if you pinch my cheek and call me "sugar." I'll get it.
- 我们会打赢选战对吧,阿伦? - 没错
We're gonna win this thing. Isn't that right, Arlen? Absolutely.
最大的问题在欧奇奥
The big question is Ozio.
- 你觉得他有"蛋量"竞选吗? - 是胆量
You think he's got the "cagones" to run? Uh, cojones.
我不熟悉欧奇奥,无法评断
And I don't know Ozio well enough to judge his cojones.
他们很强大,但是很脆弱 嘿,亨利
They're big but they're glass. (CHUCKLES) Hey, there, Henry.
史坦顿州长,很高兴…
Governor Stanton, it's nice to, uh...
- 还记得沃尔许小姐吗? - 我…对不起
You remember Miss Walsh? I. . . Oh, I'm sorry.
- 没事吧,亲爱的 - 噢,谢谢
You all right, darlin'? MARIANNE: Uh, thank you.
- 谢谢 - 给我…
Thank you. For this, um,
- 这个机会讨论… - 这项计划
opportunity to discuss the, um. . . The program.
这是伟大的计划,对吧?
That's a great program. Don't you think?
- 没错,没错 - 抱歉,我要拿…
Yes, excellent program. MARIANNE: Excuse me. If I could just...
(GRUNTS)
- 非常感谢 - 你把刚才讨论的说给董事会听
Uh, thank you very much. You take up what we talked about to the board.
噢,我会的,我自己出去
Oh, yes, I will. I'll just see my way out.
- 谢谢,再见 - 再见
Thank you. Uh, good-bye. Bye-bye, now.
沃尔许小姐是区域教师联盟的董事
Miss Walsh is on the regional board of the Teachers Union.
是教师又是图书馆员
Ah, a teacher and a librarian.
夫人来电
MAN: It's the missus.
嗨,亲爱的
Hi, darlin'.
听着,我很抱歉
Oh, oh, listen, honey, I'm sorry.
我…我们困在这里
I'm. . . Well, we got stuck here.
好消息是,我们在教师方面大有斩获
But great news, honey. We had real progress with the teachers.
今晚吗?你确定?真是对不起
Tonight? Are you sure? I'm so sorry, honey.
查理,你知道我们今晚 要跟普兹茅斯民♥主♥党委员会见面吗?
Charlie, did you know we were supposed to meet with that guy
from the Portsmouth Democratic Committee?
真该死,查理
Well, goddamn it, Charlie.
亲爱的
Now, honey.
你就是获得国会勋章的查理叔叔吗?
Are you Uncle Charlie, the Medal of Honor winner?
我就是他所谓的查理叔叔 故事随便他说,他是老板
Well, I'm Uncle Charlie and whatever else he says. He's the master.
别再唠叨了,我马上出发
If you just stop popping my eardrum, I'll leave right now.
拜托别这样… 苏珊,别走
No, please, don't. . . Susan, don't go.
苏珊,留下来…
Susan, just stay. . . (DIAL TONE)
我们该走了
We'd better go.
- 飞机在哪里? - 梯特镇(位于纽泽西州)
All right. Where's the plane? Teterboro.
该死,那么远?好吧,走吧
Shit. All the way out there? All right. Let's go.
阿伦,在华府见 黛西,明天跟郝尔德一起来
Arlen, see you in D.C. Daisy, come with Howard tomorrow.
亨利、米区、查理,我们一起走
Henry, Mitch, Charlie, let's go, let's go.
- 走?我只是来谈谈 - 在飞机上谈
Go? I just came here to talk to you about. . . Talk on the plane.
- 就在新罕布夏州 - 我还要…抱歉
It's just New Hampshire. I teach. . . Sorry.
我早上还有课
I teach classes in the morning.
请病假吧,孩子不会在意的
Call in sick. The kids won't mind.
能让我先打个电♥话♥吗?
I. . . Do I have time for a phone call?
到了那里再好好谈
Well, when we get there. Now, if we're gonna talk, let's talk.
(ENGINE HUMMING)
州长?
Governor?
亲爱的
Hi, hon.
Mmm. (KISSES)
- 这位是亨利‧波顿,这是我太太苏珊 - 你好
This is Henry Burton. This is my wife Susan. Hello.
我在25年前见过令祖父
I met you 25 years ago at your grandfather's in Oak Bluffs.
当时你还穿着小内♥裤♥玩水
You were running under the sprinkler in little wet underpants.
- 你的祖父是伟人 - 谢谢你
Your grandfather was a great man. Oh, thank you.
杰克‧史坦顿也可能成为伟人
Jack Stanton could also be a great man,
只要他别失信、无脑 失序、毫无纪律就行
if he wasn't such a faithless, thoughtless, disorganized, undisciplined shit.
- 老婆,干嘛把事情看得这么严重? - 因为这很严重
Honey, why are you making such a big deal of this? Because it is big.
这就是第一印象,浑球 拜托,这里是新罕布夏州
First impressions count, asshole. Oh, hello, this is New Hampshire.
这里的人根本不认识你 甚至不知道你是哪个州长
These people don't know you. They probably don't even remember your state.
他们正等着被奥兰多‧欧奇奥迷倒
They're waiting to be swept off their feet by Orlando Ozio,
他才是真正的州长
who's governor of a real state.
他们来看你,结果你却搞失踪
They came to meet you, and you didn't show.
我跟普兹茅斯民♥主♥党的党部主委 谈了一个多小时的飞蝇钓鱼
I talked to the head of the Portsmouth Democratic Party about fly-fishing...
for an hour and 45 minutes.
你知道这有多么的无聊吗?
Do you realize how...
indescribably boring fly-fishing is?
- 你知道我根本不想… - 对不起
Do you realize I'm now committed to doing this. . . I'm sorry.
跟他谈飞蝇钓鱼 就是为了你这个屁蛋!
This thing with him. I'm going fly-fishing because of you, asshole!
你别…不好笑 别这样对我,杰克
You can't. . . It's not funny. You can't do this to me, Jack.
结果我们这个月 都因为你故态复萌而搞砸了
We've only been at this a month,
and already you're fucking up in your old fucked-up way.
我们在此唯一的机会…
The only shot we have here...
我们在此唯一的机会一定要完美
The only shot is to be perfect.
本事不够就别炫耀
Barely adequate won't swing it. (WHISTLING)
杰克,别吹了…
No, Jack, you can't blow off...
- ♪ 樱草花巷 ♪ - 杰克
(SINGING) Primrose Lane Jack.
♪ 生命就像假日的樱草花巷 ♪
Life's a holiday on Primrose Lane
- ♪ 当我跟你走过樱草花巷 ♪ - 这不好笑
When I'm walking down that Primrose Lane
With you You're not funny.
我必须打个电♥话♥
(SIGHS) I have got to find a phone.
回到公♥寓♥就有
When we get back to the apartment.
老婆,今天真的很棒
Honey, this was so great today,
这项阅读计划
this readin' program.
你应该见见那些人
You should have seen the people,
还有那位教师…
and the teacher was...
她真是鼓舞人心
Well, she was just inspirational.
饶了我吧
SUSAN: Gimme a break.
你只要说课程有多好就行了 别提什么教师
Tell me how good the curriculum was, not the teacher.
我们可以复♥制♥课程
We can replicate a curriculum.
不过没有好教师就行不通
You can't sell a program without a good teacher.
- 我观点总是对的 - 亨利
This is an argument I always win, Henry.
那位教师真能鼓舞人心吗?
Was the teacher that inspirational?
呃,她…
电影精选列表