世袭制度不允许我们感情用事
The hereditary system can't afford to be sentimental.
现在我们要考虑怎么让你和妈妈安享晚年
But now it's time to think of things for you and Mama to enjoy.
多旅行 多来伦敦
More travel, more London.
不回唐顿了
No more Downton.
胡说
Nonsense.
您会是幕后之人
You'll be the éminence grise,
垂帘听政
the power behind the throne.
不 我不会的
No, I won't.
是你要稳坐王位
You'll be the power on the throne.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们再通知您
We'll let you know...
如果你能把格兰瑟姆大宅卖♥♥掉 这里我们就要了
If you can sell Grantham House, we'll take it.
好的 老爷
Very good, my lord.
如果玛丽小姐真的接过大权
If Lady Mary does take over,
她会要求父母搬出去吗
will she want her parents to move out?
那得问她了
You'll have to ask her.
怎么 你不打算告诉我吗
You mean you're not gonna tell me?
这样对吗
But is that right?
妻子对丈夫有所隐瞒 这好吗
Should wives have secrets from their husbands?
当然了
Definitely.
但反过来就不对了
But not the other way around.
如果他们真搬走了 我们要怎么办
If they do go, where would that leave us,
你为玛丽小姐工作 我为老爷工作
with you working for Lady Mary and me with His Lordship?
不管怎样 我们总能想办法解决
Whatever happens, we'll find a way to make it work.
毕竟 我们很快要考虑新生命的事了
After all, we'll soon have a new life to think of.
是啊 贝茨太太
Very true, Mrs. Bates.
他们回来了
There they are.
我们得决定由谁来颁发最后的本地英雄奖杯
We need to decide who'll present the final cup for the Local Hero.
你想好人选了吗
Have you a candidate in mind?
我想着或许今年可以由我来颁奖
I thought perhaps that this year I might present it.
不
Oh, no.
我们怎么能麻烦你呢
We couldn't possibly ask you.
你还有那么多事要做呢
Not with everything else you have to do.
不 我想请玛丽·塔伯特夫人来颁奖
No, I thought I would ask Lady Mary Talbot.
绝对不行
Definitely not.
她对农业未来的兴趣有口皆碑
She is known for her interest in the future of farming.
她也是个离婚女人 丑闻缠身
She's also a divorcée and a figure of scandal.
我认为如果她出现在了集市现场
I should think her very presence at the show
都会让体面的女人感到不自在
would make most decent women feel uneasy.
体面女人比你想的要坚强
Decent women are tougher than you think,
即便是最上流的社会 也有失败的婚姻
and marriages fail in the best society.
去问亨利八世好了
Ask Henry VIII.
好啊 我们现在是生活在道德粪坑里咯
I see. So we're living in a moral cesspit now, are we?
玛丽·塔伯特夫人是一位有责任心
Lady Mary Talbot is a responsible,
聪慧 慷慨的女士
intelligent and generous woman.
如果能请到她 是我们的荣幸
We would be lucky to have her.
不是吗 帕克太太
Don't you agree, Mrs. Parker?
我在厨房♥工作
Well, I work in the kitchen,
所以我不如卡森先生了解她
so I don't know her as Mr. Carson does,
但我对她也没意见
but I haven't got any complaints.
我不在乎
I'm not interested in the opinions
一个谄媚的厨房♥女仆和一个阿谀的管家怎么想
of a toadying kitchen maid or a bootlicking butler,
我绝不允许
and it will be a cold day in hell
默顿夫人离了婚的前儿媳
before Lady Merton's divorced ex-daughter-in-law
替我们颁奖
gives away our prizes.
拜托 有心里话就说出来吧
Please, say what you really think.
我怕你受不了
I doubt you're ready for that.
绝不要让我跟他单独相处
Never leave me alone with him.
我帮不上什么
I'm not much help.
他恨死我了
He hates me.
但你帮我大忙了
But you're a great help.
您怎么不按铃 夫人
You should have rung, milady.
我想问问考沃德先生的晚宴事宜是否都准备好了
I wanted to ask if everything's ready for Mr. Coward's dinner.
黛西即便蒙着眼去王宫为国王做饭
If Daisy cooked blindfold for the king in his palace,
也不会让任何人失望
she'd not let anyone down.
你能这么说可是很高的赞誉了 帕特莫太太
High praise from you, Mrs. Patmore.
只不过 这是玛丽小姐身陷麻烦以来的第一场宴会
Only it's our first party since Lady Mary's troubles,
我希望能一切成功
and I do want it to be a success.
但她没跟您一起回来吗
But she didn't come back with you?
她带老爷去看公♥寓♥了
She's showing His Lordship a flat.
听上去是向前迈了一大步啊
Th-that sounds like a big step.
是的
It is.
要不我们在露台上喝茶吧
Might we have tea on the terrace, do you think?
好的 夫人
Of course, milady.
对于我来说 也是迈了一大步
It's a big step for me and all.
退休吗
Retiring?
五十年了
After 50 years
现在要搬去农舍跟你的梅森先生一起住
and going to live in your cottage with Mr. Mason.
这是当然了
I should think so.
不 我不是这个意思
Mm, no. That's-that's not what I meant.
那你是什么意思
What did you mean?
你说对了
Well, you're right.
我没跟梅森先生同居过
I've never lived with Mr. Mason.
没正式同居过
Not... properly.
还没圆房♥呢
Not yet.
我明白了
I see.
我就想 多年前 你还曾叫我
And I wondered, since you sent me to Mr. Carson
去问卡森先生...
all that time ago...
我是不会去问梅森先生的
I'm not going to question Mr. Mason.
我就是紧张嘛
Only I'm nervous.
如果他希望我们...那个...
If he should want us to... you know, uh...
从他话里话外的 听起来是这个意思
And from what he's said, I think he might.
你别紧张啊
You mustn't be nervous.
怎么能不紧张
Why not?
因为我告诉你
Because I'll tell you one thing.
那非常愉快
It's terrific fun.
是的
Oh, yes.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
汤姆有把握
Tom knows what he's talking about.
即便桑布鲁克不是定罪重罪犯 他也该被定罪
If Sambrook isn't a convicted felon, he should be.
他怎么说服你拿出那么一大笔钱的
How did he convince you to part with so much?
是阿根廷货币
It was the Argentinian currency.
古斯说科尔多瓦银行提供的
Gus said the exchange rates from gold to paper
黄金对纸币汇率所产生的收益
offered by the Banco de Córdoba were yielding far higher profits
要高于股市里的所有产品
than anything on the stock market.
那你就信了
And you took his word for it?
他说得像模像样 于是我就把钱给了他
Well, he was very convincing, so I gave him the money
让他去投资做这笔交易的公♥司♥
to put into the company making the deal.
但没过多久 他跟我说
But shortly afterwards, he told me
这家公♥司♥倒闭了 钱都拿不回来了
the company had collapsed and all the money was gone.
谁知道有没有这家公♥司♥
Who knows if there was a company?
但我们可以确定
But we can be sure
这笔钱肯定是进了桑布鲁克先生的口袋
that the money made its way into Mr. Sambrook's pockets.
你为什么带他来英国
Why did you bring him to England?
你们知道 他有他的赛马
Well, he had his horse, as you know,
他还说 如果我们
and he said if we...
能说服柯拉把剩下的钱给我们
persuaded Cora to give us what was left,
他能把我的损失翻倍赚回来
he'd double the amount I'd lost.
我们可以起诉他吗
Can we take him to law?
这种案件的起诉非常困难
Prosecution in this sort of case is notoriously hard.
毕竟 一切都是哈罗德自己答应的
After all, Harold agreed to everything.
恐怕是追不回来了
I'm afraid it's gone.
真不敢相信我居然这么天真
I can't believe I was so naive.
他们来了
Here they are now.
你们舟车劳顿 累坏了吧
Well, you must be worn out after your journey.
我是累坏了 -罗伯特 怎么样啊
I am. - Well, Robert, how was it?
你还好吗 哈罗德舅舅
Are you all right, Uncle Harold?
好什么 我简直蠢到家了
Not when I've been as big a fool as a man can be.
我们都很震惊
It was rather a shock to us all.
我们会想办法让你开心起来
We'll find a way to cheer you up.
电影精选列表