但情况变了 我们也得随机应变
but things changed, and we have to deal with that change.
你们在纽波特有栋房♥子
You have a house in Newport,
现在已经不如战前那么抢手了
which is not as sought-after as it was before the war.
你是说哈罗德应该在房♥子继续贬值前卖♥♥掉它吗
So Harold should sell it before its value sinks further?
你们可以挽回部分损失
You could recover some of the losses
用其中一部分支付这边的工程
and use part of it for the work going on here.
还要还你的钱吧
And repay you, I imagine?
但开诚布公地说 哈罗德受格兰瑟姆夫人的委托
But if we're speaking openly, Harold has not done well
打理财产 但他做得并不好
since Lady Grantham asked him to manage things.
他是非常不走运
He was extremely unlucky.
想要挣大钱 就得冒险
If you want big gains, you have to be bold.
但即便是现在 股市也并不安全
But the market is not safe, even now.
最好别去冒险 -我同意
I'd stay in bricks and mortar. - I agree.
玛丽小姐 你觉得呢
Lady Mary, what do you think?
我觉得妈妈心里有数
I think Mama knows what she's doing,
我支持她的直觉
and I'd back her instincts.
抱歉 小姐 玛丽小姐还没上来呢
I'm sorry, Your Ladyship, Lady Mary's not come up yet.
不 我是想找你
Oh, no, it was you I wanted to see.
你知道夫人
Did you know that Her Ladyship
原本是为玛丽小姐安排了这场晚宴
planned the dinner for Lady Mary
当时还没打算请考沃德先生来
before Mr. Coward was invited,
可我们本地的朋友都拒绝了邀请
but that all of our local friends refused?
我是听巴克斯特小姐说过
Miss Baxter did mention it.
我想着 如果考沃德先生和德克斯特先生真来了
My plan, if Mr. Coward and Mr. Dexter agreed to come,
那他们可能会改主意
was that they'd change their mind.
但现在这事成了 我不知道要怎么让他们知道
But now that I've managed it, I'm not sure how to tell them.
可以把这事交给我吗 小姐
Can you leave this with me, milady?
谢谢 安娜
Thank you, Anna.
你对艺术感兴趣吗
Are you interested in art?
我对很多事都有兴趣
Well, I'm interested in a lot of things.
晚安
Good night.
但我有点难过
But I was a little sad
你没在晚宴时力挺我
that you didn't stick up for me at dinner.
你不会需要我的帮助吧
I'm sure you don't need my help.
或许不需要 但我以为我们是朋友呢
Well, maybe not, but I thought we were friends.
要是我告诉他们 我们初见那天
What would happen if I told them we were lovers
就做了情人会怎么样
on the day that we met?
那可要一石激起千层浪了
That would put a cat among the pigeons.
你是在威胁我吗
Are you threatening me?
就是英国人太容易被吓到了
Just, the English are so easily shocked,
一想到我如果不小心说出来
the thought of their expressions
他们脸上的表情 就觉得忍♥不住
if I just blurted it out, it's tempting.
那你可得忍♥住了 桑布鲁克先生
Then it's a temptation you must resist, Mr. Sambrook.
我真想搞懂桑布鲁克究竟扮演了什么角色
I wish I understood Sambrook's part in all this.
他大概是想确保自己拿回投资
I suppose he's making sure he gets his cash back,
但汤姆会调查一下的
but Tom's going to look into it.
我不喜欢他向玛丽寻求支持
I didn't like him fishing for Mary's support.
你觉得她怎么样了 -你了解玛丽
How's she doing, do you think? - Well, you know Mary.
不管她是不是掌控住局面了 她都想让人这么以为
She likes to look in control, whether she is or not.
别告诉她 但我们要为她举办一场特别派对
Don't tell her, but we're giving rather a special party
好让她忘记不快
to take her mind off things.
会有人来吗
Will anyone come?
他们会来的
Oh, they'll come.
虽然玛丽近来失去了地位 但我还没有
Mary may have lost her footing lately, but I haven't.
她来了
There she is.
你好 格兰特小姐 你好吗
Hello, Miss Grant. How are you?
挺好的 贝茨太太
Very well, Mrs. Bates.
你还记得格兰特小姐吧 奥斯本夫人的女仆
You remember Miss Grant, Lady Osborne's maid?
当然
Of course.
真遗憾她不能来参加夫人的晚宴
I'm sorry she isn't able to come to Her Ladyship's dinner.
他们也很遗憾
They were sorry, too,
但你们肯定能理解吧
but I'm sure I don't have to explain.
但真是太可惜了 他们要错过诺埃尔·考沃德了
But it is a pity they'll miss meeting Noël Coward.
诺埃尔·考沃德要来唐顿吗
Noël Coward's coming to Downton?
还有那位电影明星 盖·德克斯特
And the film star Guy Dexter.
至少我们能开心一把了
So, it'll be fun for us anyway.
那是当然了
Oh, it certainly will be.
我该走了 再见
I should get a move on. Goodbye.
再见
Bye.
我敢说 我们到家前
I'd say Lady Osborne will have telephoned
奥斯本夫人的电♥话♥就能打来
by the time we get home.
这好吗
I don't know.
看上去更像游乐场而不是郡集市
It looks more like a funfair than a County Show.
干得好 帕克太太
Well done, Mrs. Parker.
希望当天你能早点来
I hope you'll be here early on the day.
我尽力吧 但我前一晚要准备一场盛大的晚宴
I'll do my best, but I've got a big dinner the night before.
晚宴还会如期举办吗
Oh, that's still happening, is it?
当然了 除了诺埃尔·考沃德
Certainly is. We've got Noël Coward
还有其他客人要来呢
and all sorts coming.
诺埃尔·考沃德会去参加晚宴吗
Noël Coward will be at the dinner?
我觉得这一切看上去都不对劲
To me, the whole thing looks wrong.
我也不愿跟你唱反调 赫克特爵士
I hate to contradict you, Sir Hector,
但我们难道不该让大家好好玩一天吗
but aren't we giving them a proper day out
有好吃的 有好游乐设施让孩子们玩个尽兴
with good food and rides for the children to enjoy?
他们都工作得很辛苦
These people work hard.
这难道不是他们应得的吗
Don't they deserve it?
卡森 我们终能把你变成社♥会♥主♥义♥者
You see, Carson, we'll make a socialist of you yet.
绝对不会 夫人
You will not, milady.
我们要变成马戏团了
We're turning it into a circus.
你可能会觉得意外 赫克特爵士
It may come as a surprise, Sir Hector,
但我们希望来宾们能玩得开心点
but we want our visitors to have a good time.
小心
Steady.
曼维尔夫人来电♥话♥了
Lady Manville was on the telephone,
还有奥斯本夫人和其他人
and Lady Osborne and lots of the others,
都说情况有变 他们可以来了
saying things have changed and they can come after all.
我们知道是为什么
Well, you know the reason.
莱文森先生来电♥话♥了 夫人
Mr. Levinson telephoned, milady.
他说他跟桑布鲁克先生
He said he and Mr. Sambrook
赶不回来吃晚饭了
won't be back in time for dinner.
谢谢 帕克
Thank you, Parker.
把那个打到硬性发泡
Whip that into stiff peaks for me.
你好 查理
Hello, Charlie.
会开得怎么样
How was the meeting?
挺好
Oh, uh, fine.
但我在餐厅里看到
Uh, but I noticed in the dining room,
晚餐用的是塞夫尔瓷器[法国]
the dinner has been laid with the Sèvres service,
于是我叫他们去拿麦森瓷器[德国]了
so I've asked for the Meissen instead.
没事 梅布尔
It's all right, Mabel.
就用塞夫尔瓷器
Leave the Sèvres as it is.
我无意挑你的错 帕克先生
I have no wish to undercut you, Mr. Parker,
但你可能不知道
but you may not understand.
塞夫尔是软质瓷
The Sèvres is a soft-paste porcelain,
比硬质瓷的麦森要易碎多了
much more fragile than the hard-paste Meissen.
这我知道 卡森先生
I understand perfectly, Mr. Carson.
是夫人要求用塞夫尔的
Her Ladyship asked for the Sèvres.
谢谢 梅布尔
Thank you, Mabel.
让他好好工作吧
Let him do his job.
那好吧
So be it.
能有一晚不被
It's nice to have a night off
桑布鲁克先生盯着真好
from the watchful eyes of Mr. Sambrook.
他可真自信 是吧
He's very confident, isn't he?
跟哈罗德正相反 -别说他了
Rather a contrast to Harold. - Let's be nice.
阿斯科特赛马♥会♥时我们好好给他加油 然后就回家
We'll cheer him on at Ascot, then we'll go home
别说什么重话
without a cross word being spoken.
罗伯特 你问到了车行出♥售♥的事
Robert, you were asking about the sale.
一切进行得十分顺利
It seems to have gone through very smoothly.
亨利完全没找麻烦
Henry's not been at all difficult.
他问起了唐顿的事 问你们有没有多养牛
He asked about Downton, if you were farming more cattle.
那可不像亨利的口气
That doesn't sound like Henry.
他通常对不烧汽油的东西
He's not usually interested in anything
电影精选列表