Like, I'm talking about
我们用不着管这些
we can say never the fuck mind to see this.
我们有门路可以干一票大的
And, we could have some complete access to something huge!
有多大 我是罗伯特·斯宾瑟
Huge? Like what? Robert Spencer,
酋长的顾问
I'm advisor to the Sheikh.
我叫卡尔·埃尔维
Carl Elway.
你想想整个新泽西
I want you to think, the most under valued asset
最被低估的财产
in the state of New Jersey.
重建大西洋城
The rebuilding of Atlantic city.
一年前他们或许让赌博合法化了
Look, maybe they legalized gambling a year ago.
但是没什么用
But nothing is happening.
见好就收吧 卡尔
Hey, quit while you're ahead, Carl.
我认识这个能帮到你的人
I know the guy, the right people that are gonna help you out.
谁 -那就是卡曼·波利托
Who's the guy? - The guy is Carmine Polito.
卡曼·波利托是谁
Who's Carmine Polito?
卡曼·波利托
Carmine Polito?
卡曼·波利托 不行
Carmine Polito, No.
斯托德·索森 联调局主管 纽约
我上司开始劝我 卡曼·波利托是
My boss started proceeded to tell me that, Carmine Polito was
新泽西实际上最有权势的人
The most quietly powerful person in the state of New Jersey.
从小在种族混杂的凯姆登市长大
A lifetime native of the very racially mixed Camden.
不过它后来成了犹太人居住区
Which had become a ghetto.
他在那里当了十年市长
And, where he had been Mayor for ten years.
很受爱戴
A very beloved guy.
一个永不放弃自己人♥民♥的人
A guy, who never gave up for his people.
他父亲是意大利移♥民♥ 有一座煤矿
His father had immigrated from Italy. And, had stoked coal.
意式礼品店 出♥售♥书籍,音乐,香水
他有个大家庭 有5个孩子
A BIG family guy with five kids.
甚至还领养别的孩子
They even adopted some other kid,
从童益会领养了一个黑人小孩
a black kid from boys and girls club,
来自一个波士顿家庭
from a Boston family.
可他家都是犹太人
I mean, his household was a Jewish place.
他的妻子多莉是他的挚爱
and, his wife Dolly, Well, she was the apple of his eye.
也是这个家的核心
And, the centre of the household.
人人都爱这个家伙
I mean everyone, love this guy.
他有一颗大心脏
And, he had a huge heart.
在大萧条时期
The W.P.A employed craftsmen to paint this,
W.P.A雇人来画的这个
during the depression.
为什么现在我们不能雇人
Why can't we employ people, today?
来完成这样的作品 来重建大西洋城
To do work like this, and rebuilding Atlantic City?
他团结全体工会
He worked with all the unions.
他是整个州的领导人物
He was the leader of the state assembly.
他让赌博合法化
And, he just got gambling legalized
来创造更多就业岗位
in New Jersey, to create jobs.
但是他筹不到重建大西洋城的钱
But, he couldn't get the funds to rebuilt Atlantic City.
波利托市长
这就是他的困扰
And that, was his problem.
走投无路时
So, without help.
他只好把手伸到别人的口袋里
He was about to have his hand in the wrong pocket, at the wrong time.
在我看来 这就是贪污
And to me, that meant corrupt.
卡曼·波利托
凯姆登市长
你说骗子也好 小偷也罢
You said, grifters, Con artists.
我们不会去查政♥治♥家
We are not going after some politicians.
这不是个好主意 理奇
This is a bad idea, Richie.
这很简单
Look, it's really simple.
你只需要拿出两百万
All you need is to put two million.
放到切斯银行里
in a Chase account.
什么 -记在酋长名下
What? - Under the Sheikh's name.
谁来掏这两百万
Whose two million dollars?
听着就行
Just listen.
两百万美元
Two miliion dollars,
在酋长名下的切斯银行账户
under the Sheikh's name in a Chase account.
一切都在掌控之中
That will be controlled.
卡曼
Carmine,
打一通电♥话♥给银行
calls up on the telephone, calls the bank.
他发现酋长是真的 账户也是真的
And, he sees that the Sheikh is real. And he has a real account.
只要5天
Five days.
我不会随便动纳税人的钱
I'm not taking 2 million dollars of
还是两百万 还要用五天
the tax payers' money, putting it anywhere for five days.
就算我们能掌控局面也不行
I don't care, if we control it the whole time.
斯托德 让我们做该做的事情
stoddard Let us do, what we need to do.
去消除腐♥败♥吧
To rule out corruption.
结束这些人的游戏
And, to get rid of the play of
他们在毁灭这个国家
guys that are ruining this country.
这是我的梦想 别笑我
That's my dream. Don't smirk, please.
理查德 我明白你的急切
You know, Richard I understand your eagerness.
真的
I really do.
你知道我来自密歇根 对吧
You know, I'm from Michigan right?
我给你讲个故事
Let me tell you a story.
关于我和我的父亲和哥哥
About me and my dad, my brother.
我们曾经每年十一月都去冰上钓鱼
We used to go, ice fishing every November.
冰上钓鱼 是我们赖以生存的东西
Ice fishing... That's all anybody... That's what we live for.
听我说
Just listen to me!
这很美好 我们点个小炉子
It's beautiful! We had a little stove,
大家挤作一团 相互取暖
You huddle around. We keep each other warm.
你抛下鱼线 然后等待
You drop a line, and you just wait.
有一年 我哥哥说我们十月去钓鱼吧
One year, my brother says, let's go on October.
他想10月就去冰上钓鱼
He wants to go ice fishing in October.
我爸就说 不行 冰太薄了
My Dad says, 'no, the ice is too thin'.
我哥哥就说, 我很爱我哥哥,但...
My brother says, I love my brother...
我明白了
I understand what that was.
是不是你哥哥去了
Is that your brother went out on the ice,
发现冰太薄 他就掉了下去
the ice was too thin. He fell through the ice.
掉进水里 因为他太急切了
Went into the water, 'cos he was too eager.
就像我一样
Just like I'm too eager.
你想说这个吧 -不 我没这么说
Is that what you're saying? - No, I'm not saying.
那你想说什么
What are you saying?
下次我们再说冰的故事 小子
You know, we'll finish the ice story another time, young man.
不许动卡曼·波利托
For now, no Carmine Polito.
干活去
Go do your job.
斯托德停止了整个计划 -无聊
Stoddard shot the whole thing down. - Boring.
可伊迪丝真是个天才
But, Edith was a genius.
她不知怎么发现了一个操作电汇的女人
She somehow, found this woman. Who controlled the wire room.
一个我都没听说过的女人
A woman, I had never even heard of.
她很棒 她负责所有电汇
She's amazing. She's in charge of all the wire chambers.
藏在局里地下的小屋子里
Way back, in the dorm buried in the bureau.
没人理这位养猫的女士
This cat lady no one even talk to.
伊迪丝在厕所遇到的她
And, Edith met her in the ladies room.
她们还成了朋友
Yeah, became friends with her.
布伦达
Brenda!
你好吗 -她掌控所有的电汇
Hi, how are you? - This lady handles all the wires.
现在她是我们的人了
And now, she was working with us.
她对于成为行动的一份子也很激动
She was excited, to be included in the operation.
而不是永远给别人写备忘录
Instead of just being on the other end of a memo.
这真是太好了
It was beautiful.
这是英国的 -对
This is from England? - Yeah.
我还给你带来了一些茶
Oh, I brought you some tea as well.
太感谢你了
Oh, thank you so much!
没人跟我说话 -我知道
Nobody ever talks to me. - I know.
她们老是说 布伦达干好你的电汇
They just say, Brenda, do the clerical wiring stuffs
少问这问那的
and don't ask questions.
你得跟理奇说说你的猫
You need to tell Richie about your cats.
他可喜欢猫 -我的猫吗
He loves cats. - My Cats?!
看 这是哈利 看看他站在那儿
Well, that's Harry. Look at him, standin up.
可爱吧
Isn't that sweet?!
这是温蒂 她是个小捣蛋
And, that's Wendy, she's a rascal.
巴纳比就听话多了
But, Barnaby, that's another story.
巴纳比能弹钢琴
Barnaby plays the piano.
你就尽情地吹吧
太不可思议了
That's impressive.
我们让她将两百万美元
We got her to wire, 2 million dollars
转入一个FBI控制的切斯银行账号♥
to an FBI controlled account at Chase.
钱会在那儿待五天
电影精选列表