剧集 | 新贵(2016) | 导航列表
And I've told you ten times to move your cup and plate
去把你的衣服弄干净
and tidy away your clothes.
我忙着呢
I'm busy.
为什么总是差遣我?
Why is it always me?
找你的双胞胎去 闭嘴
Ask the twins. Shut up.
你说的是 夫人
'Tis true, Wife.
除非走了大运 找到一个小伙子 就是喜欢
Unless we can happen upon a youth who finds selfish lethargy
这种自私冷漠又自以为是的女孩
and impenetrable self-righteousness attractive,
否则我们就得跟她多待一阵子了
we may be stuck with her for quite a while.
我又不是自愿
I didst not ask to be brought forth
- 被生下的 - 你要存款是什么意思?
- into the world. - What do you mean, you want our savings?
我用这笔钱 可以翻倍
I want them in order to double them.
甚至翻三倍
Treble them.
伯比奇和我准备在河南建立一座戏院
Burbage and I intend to build a theatre on the south bank.
老婆...
Wife...
存款都不见了
nearly all the money's gone.
我们的存款呢? 被偷了吗?
Our savings? Stolen?
是的 我们本来有四英镑 现在只有一英镑
Yes. We had four pounds, and now there's only one.
哦 真是可耻
Oh, the shame of it.
那是你的亲儿子
Your own son.
妈妈?
Mum?
是他拿的 你的爸爸拿的
He took it. Your father.
我堂堂艾登家族的人 居然嫁了一个贼!
To think, me, an Arden, married to a thief!
哦 全世界都是围着你转的是吧?
Oh, yeah, cos it's all about you, isn't it?
他又被罚款了 非法交易羊毛
He's been fined again. Illegal wool-trading.
他买♥♥卖♥♥羊毛 没有交税
He bought and sold sheepskin without paying the excise.
哦 真可耻!
Oh, the shame of it!
太可耻了
The very shame.
父亲 这是真的吗? 你成了一个罪犯吗?
Dad, be this true? Are you become a criminal?
罪犯?
Criminal?
那得看看你怎么定义"罪犯"
Well, depends how you define "Criminal".
罪犯就是违反法律的人
Somebody who has broken the law.
但是违反什么法律呢?
But which law?
物权法还是自然法?
Real law or natural law?
物权法
Real law.
商人和银行家引诱了成百上千人
What about all the bankers and traders
让他们无果地追寻神秘的黄金国
who've tempted thousands to lose everything
把他们弄得倾家荡产 这又怎么算呢?
in a fruitless search for mythical El Dorados?
他们才是真正的罪犯
They're the real criminals.
没错 他们"也是""真正的"罪犯
Yes. If by "The real" You mean "Also".
无论你说什么都无法为你
None of this makes it all right for you
偷窃我毕生的积蓄正名!
to steal my life savings!
听着 我是迫不得已的!
Look, I was desperate!
你拒绝了父子搭档演出的想法之后
When you turned down my idea
这就是我最后的救命稻草了
for a dad-son double act, it was the last straw.
怪我咯?!
This is my fault?!
威廉 我知道你肯定有考虑过那个主意的
Well, I do think you might have considered the idea, William.
我还是觉得这行得通
I still think we can make it work.
我在下周必须弄到三磅
I have to find three pounds in the next week,
而无♥耻♥ 放纵 和跨代的不要脸行为
and shameless, self-indulgent, cross-generational fame-whoring
没办法让我搞到这笔钱!
ain't gonna do the job!
那么 莎士比亚先生
So, Mr Shakespeare,
你最终决定要投资了?
you wish to invest after all?
是的 我... 我有一磅
Yes. I... I have a pound
我希望像之前你承诺的那样 会有巨大的回报
and would hope for a great return, as you promised.
我还说了你必须抓紧时间 先生
I also said you should hurry, sir.
所有能投资的都已经投资完了... 土豆
All the investments are made... the potatoes,
烟草还有香料
the tobacco, the spices.
你不是说还有一些梅毒吗?
But what about those cases of syphilis what not you mentioned?
你说过那也许会有剩下的
You said there might be some of those left.
这个暴发户真没文化 他会因此受到惩罚的
And so does this upstart crow's lack of education condemn him.
他逃不出我的手掌心了!
I have him in my clutches!
让我看看
Well, now, let me see.
是的 确实 事实上
Yes, it seems, in fact,
刚刚靠岸的一艘船上
there are a number of cases of syphilis reported
报告了好几个梅毒
on a ship just docked.
那我求求你 让我投资一个吧
Then I would beg you, let me invest in one.
必须的
By all means.
但是 我有保护买♥♥家的责任 出于该目的
Although, caveat emptor. For the purposes of my duty of care,
我想问你 你知道你要投资的东西的属性吗?
you are aware of the nature of that in which you would invest?
谁在乎? 这是从美国进口的
Who cares? It's been imported from America.
只要是来自美国的东西
We in England will instantly adopt anything
英格兰人二话不说就都收下了
from America.
土豆不就是含淀粉的块茎吗?
What is a potato but a starchy tuber?
烟草不就是干草吗?
What is tobacco but a dried weed?
玉米棒不就是一根巨大的
What is a corn cob but a big,
表面有颗粒的黄色鸡♥巴♥吗?
yellow, bobbly dildo?
下一个梅毒一靠岸
I would invest in the very
我就要投资它
next case of syphilis that be brought ashore.
我有一磅
I have a pound.
但是最小的投资是两磅
I fear the minimum stake would be two.
我只有一磅
I have but one.
终于掉到我的圈套里了
The trap shuts.
好吧 先生 我借一磅给你
Why, sir, let me lend you another.
真的吗?
Really?
你真的愿意吗?
You'd do that for me?
你有什么资产担♥保♥吗?
And for surety on the capital?
什么都行 我的房♥子? 我的老婆?
Name it. My house? My wife?
不 先生 不需要这么麻烦
No, sir, nothing so onerous.
让我明说吧 我借给你一磅
Let us just say that, for my one pound,
我只需要你还我一磅...
I would want merely one pound back...
好的 这很合理
Well, that seems very reasonable.
... 一磅你的肉
... of your flesh.
投资的事情尘埃落定
So, the investment's sorted.
我要去红狮戏院了
I'm off to the Red Lion.
伯比奇正为我的朱丽叶一角进行初选
Burbage is conducting preliminary auditions for my Juliet
如果我一大意 他就会选错人的
and if I'm not careful, he'll choose the wrong boy.
哦 莎士比亚先生
Oh, Mr Shakespeare,
再给我一次机会 求你了!
let me try again. Please!
凯特 我告诉过你
Kate, I've told you.
你要想演一个女孩 必须先演好一个男孩
In order to be a girl, you must first be a boy.
再给我一次机会吧
Give me another go.
给我一点提示
Give me some hints.
我只需要深入这一角色
I just need to get deeper into character.
既然这样... 好吧
Well... all right.
假设我们现在去了一家酒馆
Supposing we go to the tavern
上来了一盘美国土豆
where the new American potato tuber be served,
切成条状 油炸而成
diced into batons and fried.
天呢 我可喜欢了!
Oh, God, I love them!
是的 所有男人 女人都喜欢
Aye, all men do. Women also.
问题这时候就出现了 凯特
And here, Kate, lies the rub,
一不小心你又会暴露
for without care you will be exposed.
为什么 莎士比亚先生?
How so, Mr Shakespeare?
因为当别人要你尝尝那土豆条的时候
When the diced potato tuber be offered,
你会接受别人的邀请 从别人的盘子里拿一条
do not refuse to order your own,
却不自己另点一份
only then to steal it from another's plate.
天呢 我就是这样做的
Oh, my God, I so do that.
到时候所有在座的人都会知道你是一个女孩
For then will all at table know you are a girl.
我会非常非常小心的
I'll be so careful.
你能再借我一套衣服吗
Will you also lend me another suit of clothes
这样他们就不会认出我了?
so they don't recognise me from last time?
好吧 但是我们得赶紧了
All right. But we have to hurry.
凯特 你必须决定穿哪套!
Kate, you must decide!
不行! 我决定不了
I can't! I can't.
衣柜里所有的衣服都拿出来扔在床上了
Every garment from the wardrobe hath been hurled upon the bed
你却还在叫着
and yet you still claim
你不知道穿什么!
that you have not a single thing with which to robe yourself!
这些衣服都让我看起来又肿又圆又胖
Full, round and plumpish all do make me look.
但是 凯特 你还不明白
But, Kate, can't you see
这是一个多么强有力的例子吗?
this is a case in point?
就像偷吃炸薯条一样
剧集 | 新贵(2016) | 导航列表