剧集 | 新贵(2016) | 导航列表
新贵 第二季第一集
所以 我们要重新向
So, here we go again
英国纹章院申请
application to the Ancient College of Heraldry
莎士比亚家族盾徽
for a Shakespeare coat of arms.
盾徽是欧洲中世纪的产物 用来作为某个家族或者组织的徽章
亨利五世时期 绅士必须佩戴盾徽用以证明血统
也不知道你费个什么劲
I don't know why you're bothering!
我们都申请这么多年了 什么结果都没
We tried this years ago and got nowhere then!
况且我后来还破产了 用不上盾徽
Ah, but I was broke then, and I'm not any more.
不过 威尔不一样
Well, Will ain't.
钱是会说话的
Money talks and it's going to say,
有钱我就是"约翰·莎士比亚绅士"了
"John Shakespeare, gentleman."
您说这句话时违和感实在太强
Glaring contradiction in terms though that may be.
要是你真想做一位绅士的话 那最好
If you really want to be a gentleman, then you could start
先从别动不动就伸手在裤裆里乱抓开始
by not constantly fossicking about with your dangling tackle!
他一跟人说话就这幅德性 没完没了
He hangs on to it while he's talking to people.
我看着就想说 "拜托你去死一死吧"
I'm like, "Please, just die!"
我是有点喜欢抓抓痒 那又不犯法
I have a bit of a fossick. It's not a crime!
但您做的有些事就不一定了 父亲
One of the few things you do which isn't, Dad.
为什么要花咱们的钱 包装那个老色鬼
Why waste our money on trying to make that dirty old goat posh?
因为他丢人也会连累我 老婆
Because his shame reflects on me, wife.
我是所有基♥督♥徒里最有天赋的杰出诗人
I am the most divinely gifted poet in Christendom
而且我父亲还是整个南沃里克郡
and yet because I'm also the son
最老奸巨猾的骗子
of the dodgiest geezer in South Warwickshire,
那些势利眼的诗人都笑话我
all the other snootish poets do laugh at me
说我是"埃文河来的乡巴佬"
and call me "The oik of Avon".
哈哈哈 说得好
Ha-ha-ha! Brilliant!
不过这是在英国 这种唬人的虚衔
But this is England, and so spurious, unearned social status
能把最粗俗可鄙 下♥贱♥可恶的人也打扮得
will polish even the most stinksome turdington,
像模像样 当然 这个人就是您 父亲
by which, of course, I mean you, Dad.
因此 我只有贿赂了讨厌的罗伯特·格林
Thus must I bribe the odious Robert Greene
才能让莎士比亚家的男人们成为上流绅士
that the Shakespeares may be gentlemen...
父亲 您也就能成为 "下流" 绅士了
or, in Dad's case, genitalmen.
放弃吧 莎士比亚先生 你是拿不到盾徽的
Give it up, Mr Shakespeare. You will never win a coat of arms.
你的家族里都是寒酸贫穷的乡下人
Your family be turnip-chewing country bumshankles
一无人脉 二无地位
without influence or connection.
我怀疑您这辈子都没和有身份有学识的人
I doubt if you have so much as dined with a single person of rank
共进晚餐过
or education in your entire life.
这倒是 格林大人
'Tis true, Master Greene...
鄙人从未同碌碌无为之人进过餐
never did I dine with folderols
也未同脑满肠肥之人饮过酒
nor ever sup with pamperloins.
不过 鄙人这里有五个英镑
But I do have five pounds.
莎士比亚先生
Mr Shakespeare,
意图贿赂皇家官员
attempting to bribe an
可是犯罪行为啊
official of the Crown is a criminal of fence.
贿赂 老兄啊 区区薄礼 略表敬意而已
Bribe, sirrah? 'Tis but a gift, a token of my esteem.
况且鄙人对您的景仰之情可不浅呐
A very generous token of my esteem.
既如此 那我便愧领了
In which case, I accept it with thanks.
申请驳回 慢走不送 祝您愉快
Application denied. The door is behind you. Good day.
岂有此理
Unbelievable!
这个卑鄙下♥贱♥背信弃义的人白白拿了我的钱
The lickspittle nincumbunion kept my money and gave me nothing!
而且他还是个绅士呢 谁能想到
And him a gentleman! Who'd have thought it?
竟然如此腐♥败♥
Such corruption,
无♥耻♥地欺骗一个真心实意贿赂他的人
to cheat a man offering an honest bribe!
我简直无法相信 你能相信吗 凯特
I can scarce credit it. Can you credit it, Kate?
什么
What?
抱歉 没听你说什么
Sorry... wasn't listening.
看新书入迷了 沃尔特·雷利爵士的最新大作
Caught up in my new book... Sir Walter Raleigh's latest biggie,
《探寻幅员辽阔 富饶美丽的圭亚那帝国
The Discovery Of The Large, Rich And Beautiful Empire Of Guyana,
以及迈诺亚伟大黄金城之间的关系》
With The Relation Of The Great And Golden City Of Minoa,
括号♥ "西班牙人称其埃尔多拉多" 括号♥完毕
brackets Which The Spaniards Call Eldorado, close brackets.
- 名字很吸引人呐 - 对吧
- Catchy title! - Isn't it?
这种惊险刺♥激♥的冒险和探索
I just can't get enough of these thrilling accounts
我是永远看不够的
of adventure and discovery.
这本书我排了一晚上队才买♥♥到
Queued all night for this one.
还让作者签了名 不过说起来
Got it signed, too, which, incidentally,
沃尔特爵士签名还收费 让人觉得有点不是滋味
Sir Walter charged for, which I thought was a bit off,
而且要是没有我们的话 他什么都不是
considering, without us, he'd be nothing.
抱歉 你说没有谁们 凯特
Sorry... wi-without who, Kate?
我们啊 他的书迷们 是我们成就了他
Us, his fanaticals! We made him.
虽然如此 这个人可是在北美
This would be a man who, among other things,
建立第一个英国聚居地 并将其取名为
established the first English colony in North America,
"弗吉尼亚" 以表示对女王的崇敬
named Virginia for the Queen
而且把土豆带到北美的大人物啊
and brought potatoes to these shores?
- 对 说的没错 - 所以是 "你们" 成就了他
- Yes. That's right. - And YOU made him?
那当然
Absolutely.
凯特 一个人成就在于他的成绩
Kate, it be a man's achievements that raise him up.
虚名都只是浮云而已
Fame itself is ephemeral!
那就像一个贴心的慈母给自己上学的孩子
It be like the tasty snack that a fond mother packs
在包里装的用来抵御晚餐前饥饿的美味零食
for the eager schoolboy against the hunger of the long afternoon.
怎么了啊
What?
根本留不到下午啊
Gone by lunchtime!
- 你想出名的吧 - 成为著名诗人 宝特姆
- You want to be famous, don't you? - As a poet.
如果名声本身
If fame itself be more
比取得名声的方式还重要的话
important than the means by which it be got,
那么在未来的阿尔比恩
then will there dawn a day in Albion
阿尔比恩 古代对英国的雅称
我们只要把一群没德没才的人
where we simply watch a gaggle of inadequates
聚在一起 直接称他们为名人就好了
sitting about in a house and call THEM famous?
我觉得那貌似还真是个
I think that could actually
挺有意思的社会经历呢
be quite an interesting social experiment.
一开始可能是这样的 凯特
It might start out that way, Kate,
但是很快就会堕落成
but it would soon degenerate
一种人与人之间互相践踏的愚蠢游戏
into a fatuous game of who bonketh whom.
实际上他想说的事
Actually, what he's saying is
如果有人想要他的签名
if anyone ever wants his signature,
也得交钱才行
he's going to charge them for it.
没错 是这个意思 我已经在为此打基础了
Yes, I am, and in fact, I'm already laying the groundwork...
在极少的情况下我才签名
signing my name only occasionally
每次的拼写都有些许不同
and spelling it differently each time
来增加签名的稀有性 提升价值
to increase the rarity value.
大家早上好啊
Morning, all!
鄙人清晨早起拾级而上 众位可否赐予美酒一同畅饮
I ascendeth the stairs so best thee get this party starteth.
基特 太好了 宝特姆 把麦酒和派拿来
Kit, splendid! Bottom, bring ale and pie.
真是有趣 虽然您学富五车出口成章
Funny how, for all your vast and innovative vocabulary,
口中却从来不说一个"请"字
you still haven't heard the word, "Please."
不知礼 无以立也
Manners maketh man, you know.
说的很好 宝特姆 用我的名言来让我难堪
Very clever, Bottom... shaming me with my own phrase.
"不知礼 无以立也"可不是您的名言
"Manners maketh man" Is not your phrase,
- 莎士比亚先生 - 不是吗
- Mr Shakespeare. - Isn't it?
- 我觉得是的 - 不 它不是
- I think it is. - No, it isn't.
威廉·霍曼在都铎王朝早期任伊顿公学和温彻斯特大学的校长
他最卓越的成就是撰写了拉丁文语法教科书Vulgaria
它最早被威廉·霍曼引用于
It was first quoted by William Horman
他的拉丁文教科书Vulgaria中
in his Latin textbook Vulgaria,
全名为《Vulgaria: London, 1519》
那本书出版于1519年 比你出生还要早四十五年
published in 1519, 45 years before you were born.
好吧 可能是有一些淘气小精灵把它从我脑子里偷走
Well, perchance some naughty sprite didst pluck it from my brain,
带着它跳回到了1519年
dance back through time to 1519
然后偷偷告诉了威廉·霍曼
and whisper it in William Horman's ear
碰巧那时他正在写他的Vulgaria
at the very moment he was writing his Vulgaria.
有可能啊
Could happen!
其实我不介意来点麦酒和馅饼 波特斯基
Actually, I won't bother with the ale and pie, Botski.
既不能豪饮也不能饱腹 图什么呢
No quaffing or gorging... how so?
你好像喜欢那些
Feel you like that which,
虽然不是白兰地 但会灼烧喉咙
though it be not brandy, doth burn the throat,
虽然不是炖菜 但有些胡萝卜
though it be not stew, doth contain bits of carrot,
虽然不是小贩的帽子
and though it be not a costermonger's cap,
但也会在新年被抛向天空的东西
doth get thrown up in the street at New Year?
你说什么
Pardon?
恶心 基特 你觉得恶心吗
Sick, Kit. Are you feeling sick?
哦 这样啊 不 不啊 一点都不恶心 不
Oh, right! No, no, not a bit of it, no.
我已经和我新的最佳好友在外面
I've been quaffing and gorging all night,
大吃大喝一晚上了
剧集 | 新贵(2016) | 导航列表