剧集 | 极地恶灵 | 导航列表
极地恶灵
第一季 第九集
伦敦文化社
查尔斯·狄更斯
我是为了我的好朋友
I do this for a good friend,
也希望你们能同意
and I hope you will agree
这世上没有比患难兄弟
that there is no more holy thing in this world
更珍贵的情谊
than a friend in need.
以我为例 那就是尊敬的甄恩·富兰克林夫人
In my case, it is the estimable Lady Jane Franklin
她想向各位阐述
who wishes to address you...
目前的紧急事态
under rather urgent circumstances.
谢谢您 狄更斯先生
Thank you, Mr. Dickens.
我想你们很多人都会知道
Many of you will have become aware, no doubt,
我丈夫此次前往北极的探险
of the mystery beginning to surround
已出现了种种难解之谜
my husband's expedition to the Arctic.
海军正在着手处理
The Admiralty are doing what they can,
但目前最紧急的是要找到我的丈夫和他的下属
but the urgency to find my husband and his men,
是那令他们迷失的冰雪之地的残酷
and the enormity of that icy province in which they are lost...
让我站在了你们面前
leads me here, to you.
我知道你们许多人
Now, I know that many of you
对于慈善及艺术事业都很慷慨
are very generous patrons of charities and of the arts.
不知你们是否愿意
I wonder if you might be induced
再捐助一项事业 不是文化社团
to subscribe next not to another cultural society...
而是一艘小船
but to a smart little ship.
一艘能够驶向那片冰雪的双桅纵帆船
A ketch, outfitted to venture to that very same land
驶向那片我丈夫和上百名优秀船员
into which my husband and more than a hundred other good men
无法通航
have bravely sailed
并消失的地方
and vanished.
我相信凭借我们的救援
I feel it is certain that
失踪的约翰爵士和他的英勇下属
Sir John and his lost heroes will be found,
一定会很快被找到
and soon, by our intrepid rescue mission.
现在
Now...
在座各位有谁愿意将自己的名字
which of you good people would like to see your name
填入捐助人一栏
published among its patrons?
我本来要拉他的脚的
I was going to start pulling by his feet.
不如我来帮你一把吧
Why don't I give you a hand?
我想知道自己认不认识他
I was trying to recognize if I knew him.
他会不会...是我的朋友 还是...
Is this... Is this a friend, or...?
可那并不会改变我们能为他做的事
That won't change what we do for him.
这是哈尼先生 那个木匠
It's Mr. Honey, the carpenter.
我认得他的颈巾
I recognize his neckerchief.
你还好吗 伙计
You all right, lad?
是 长官
Yes, sir.
弗兰西斯 我们没办法将他们全部埋葬
Francis, we can't possibly bury them all.
我们有32人死亡 还有23人下落不明
We have 32 dead, as well as 23 unaccounted for,
包括霍格森上尉
Lieutenant Hodgson included.
我们在四处搜寻
We're glassing every horizon.
或许会有一两个跑进雾里的人
It may be that one or two who ran out into the fog
会像你的船员那样找回来
will still find their way back to us like your ship's boy did.
古德瑟医生依然下落不明
We've no sign of Dr. Goodsir?
他绝不会和那些人一起离开
He'd never go off with those men of his own volition.
你觉得他还能挺过来吗 布里奇斯先生
We imagine that this man may return to us, Mr. Bridgens?
如果医生都无法诊断海瑟二等兵的病症
If Private Heather remained a mystery to the doctors,
那我也无能为力
I've no hope of solving this.
伤口差别这么大
What explains this... this similar state...
有没有什么理论...可以解释
when their injuries could not be more different?
我只能想到一本日记中的例子...
All I can bring to mind is the example of a diary...
但没有任何条目
with all the entries removed.
虽然它还是一本书
It's still a book, yes.
可是
But...
现在只剩空白了
blank pages now.
三年前 我们自格林海斯起航
We set sail from Greenhithe three years ago...
船上共有133人
with 133 men aboard.
谁会想到如今会遭此变故
Who could have imagined such grief would come to us?
现在我们只能带着这份悲痛继续上路
We've no choice now but to carry it with us as we go.
将过世之人的名字带回家
To bring home the names of our dead...
好让他们的亲人至少得到一点慰藉
so that their loved ones can find solace knowing that...
知道在他们
friendship
离世之前 也从未失去过友谊与勇气
and courage were with them until the very end.
现在全体跟我说
So take up the word with me, men.
向南进发
South!
向南进发
South!
我们要向南进发
We march south.
准备出发吧 各位
Prepare for departure, men.
将尸体火化 托马斯
Burn our dead, Thomas.
让他们走的时候有一丝温暖
Let them be warm as they go.
拿不了的物资怎么办
And the supplies we cannot carry?
如果希基的小队在等我们撤营...
If Hickey's band are waiting us out to loot the camp...
有几个人是因为害怕才跟他走的
Some of the men with him made their choice out of fear.
我不会剥夺他们活下去的机会
I'll not take away any chance they have to survive.
说不定我们还会再见
We may meet them yet again.
到那个时候 我希望他们可以做出不同的决定
And if we do, I want them to make a different choice.
把物资整理好
Leave our supplies in a tidy pile...
当做礼物
as an offering.
我想让希基的人知道我们的想法
I want the men with Hickey to know that's how we meant it.
对他们的爱胜过上帝
More than God loves them.
拉
And pull!
来人
Men!
来人
Men!
我在这里
Men, here!
上尉 这真是个奇迹
Lieutenant! What a miracle!
快喝 全喝掉
Drink. Drink up.
其他人呢
The others?
他们去哪儿了
What's become of them?
走了
They've moved on.
你们捕到什么了吗
Have you hunted anything?
这里没有猎物
There's no game here.
不过我们有食物
But we have food.
你...
You...
有物资
have things in hand, then?
我们这里还有你的位置
There's still a place for you here.
如果你愿意的话
If you want it.
一 二 三 拉
One, two, three, heave!
一 二 三 拉
One, two, three, heave!
继续走
Keep going!
有人倒地
Man down!
我受不了这个...这个高温
It's the heat that I can't... I can't stand it.
你还好吗 詹姆斯
Are you comfortable, James?
对不起
I'm sorry.
有什么好抱歉的
What in heaven for?
我这辈子可能都
How on earth you were walking
想不明白你是如何坚持行走的
at all will puzzle me the rest of my days.
你身上全是洞 詹姆斯
You've got holes in you, James.
这一枪已经六年了
That shot was fired six years ago.
终于快要了我的命了
It's going to murder me yet.
如果能活下来 你最喜欢讲的那个
If it doesn't, it's going to make that Chinese sniper story
中国狙击手的故事又可以增加半小时的内容了
you're so fond of recounting a half hour longer to tell.
布里奇斯先生为你包扎了伤口
Mr. Bridgens has dressed your wounds.
说他今晚应该能做出一副石膏来
He thinks he can make up a plaster tonight...
可以在有机会救治之前不让伤口裂开
that will keep them shut until we can get them healing again.
-还有时间的 -没了
- There's time. - No.
还有时间的
There's time.
我知道你在想什么 上尉
I know your thoughts, Lieutenant.
我在想...
I was thinking...
我参加过的一场婚礼...
about a wedding I attended...
他们准备了弗吉尼亚州的美国火腿
at which they served an American ham, from Virginia.
真的是太好吃了
I've never tasted better.
那我就猜对了一半
Then I was half right.
你以为我在想什么
What did you imagine me thinking?
我们已经吃了那罐头里的东西好多年了
We've eaten from these tins of mystery for years now, haven't we?
却根本不知道里面有什么
Without ever knowing what was in them.
"茄汁小牛排"
"Veal Cutlet Tomata"?
剧集 | 极地恶灵 | 导航列表