剧集 | 极地恶灵 | 导航列表
但此事实在事不宜迟
But its virtue's in its speed.
我想请您允许我送出一只雪橇小队
I'd like permission to send a sledge party out.
向南 这次不是去找通路
South. Not for leads this time.
而是去求救
For rescue.
去哪里
Where?
哈德逊湾公♥司♥在大奴湖的前哨
The Hudson Bay Company outpost on Great Slave Lake.
如果小队现在出发
If the party leaves now,
就能在凛冬来临之前
they'll have three full months
有三个月时间到达那里
to get there before winter comes in force.
那里可有上千公里之遥 弗兰西斯
That is 800 miles, Francis.
不
No...
我不同意
..I do not grant permission.
至少让我解释一下为何做出如此请求
At least tell me you understand why I'm suggesting it.
你做出如此提议是因为
You are suggesting it because you are a man
你喜欢一边击倒我
who's happiest with a glass of knock-me-down in one hand
一边请求救助
and an alarm bell in the other.
我做出如此提议是因为 如果严寒持续下去
I'm suggesting it because... if this cold continues
我们将只能再次在冰上过冬
and we find ourselves overwintering again in this ice,
下个春天救援必须赶来这里
help must already be on its way, come spring...
如果我们还想活命的话
if we are to survive.
我宁愿送出八个人
I'd rather send out eight men now,
让他们走一段毫无意义的路
for a long, unnecessary walk,
也不愿搭上我们所有人的性命
than risk a necessary one for all of us in a year.
我不同意
I will not allow it.
这会让船员怎么想
What signal would that send to the men?
我现在担心的不是船员会怎么想
It's not the men I'm concerned about signaling.
现在没人知道我们的位置
No-one knows where we are.
你已经为我们的处境做出了判断
That is how you already see us?
急需救援
In need of saving?
-没错 -可你去年所预言的
- I do. - Yet your prediction last year
我们将在浮冰群中度过的酷寒严冬
about the terrifying winter we'd spend in the pack
并未成真
did not come true.
虽然没达到我所惧怕的程度
Not to the degree I feared,
但情况会改变的
but that will change,
冰层很可能不会融化
should there again be no thaw.
这是船长的职责
It is a Captain's duty, after all,
为最坏的情况而非最理想的情况做打算
to mind for the worst case, not for the one he hopes for.
看来我还得听你给我讲船长的职责
Oh, so, now I must hear you instruct me in a Captain's duties.
只不过是八个人而已 约翰爵士
It's only eight men, Sir John.
事不宜迟
And there is just enough time.
这次探险已经有六人丧命
I have lost six men on this expedition to date.
六个人 你还想让我赌上更多人的性命
Six! And you ask me to risk more than doubling that number
长途跋涉
trekking over distant ground
前往我的下属曾经丧命的地方
where you know I have lost men in years past.
不许再说了
I'll hear no more of this.
我是不会再让下属送命的 弗兰西斯
I will not lose another man, Francis.
我们可能都会死
We may lose all our men.
这才是我所担心的 约翰爵士
That is what my alarm is ringing now, Sir John.
我实在不明白你为什么不怕
And I... I am at a loss why yours is not.
你这种副官真的很讨人厌 弗兰西斯
You are the worst kind of second, Francis.
你挥霍自♥由♥
You abuse your freedoms.
明明是安全的情况 却总在埋怨
You complain in the safety of speculation,
总是做出灾难将至却从未成真的预言
you claim foresight in disasters that never happen,
你不甘做副手
and you are weak in your vices
因为你的军衔给了你隐私和顺从
because your rank affords you privacy and deference.
你让自己如此可悲
You've made yourself miserable
疏远 难以亲近
and distant, and hard to love,
却怪责这个世界
and you blame the world for it.
我不是你这种水手 弗兰西斯 永远不会
I'm not the sailor you are, Francis, never will be.
你永远无法成为领军人物
But you will never be fit for command.
作为你的上司 我愿意承担部分责任
And, as your Captain, I take some responsibility for that.
为你虚无的前景
For the vanity of your outlook.
我应该及早抑制你的这些趋势
I should have curbed these tendencies,
而非只是同情 因为你好像
rather than sympathized with them, because you seem
把我的同情当成了容忍♥
to have confused my sympathy with tolerance,
但我的忍♥耐是有限度的
but there is a limit to how much I can tolerate,
现在我的忍♥耐已经到头了
and that is where we are presently standing!
我们注定无法亲近
There are some things we were never meant to be to one another.
现在我终于明白了
I see that now.
我无法成为你的朋友
Friends...on my side.
你也无法与我亲近
Relations on yours.
我们还是回到
So let us turn our energies back to being
海军等级与生活中的关系吧
what the Admiralty, and life, have seen fit to make us.
还是尽力做好我们的本分吧
We should give that our best.
那样我们之间就不会再有争吵了
There can be no argument between us there.
恕不远送
Now you must excuse me.
我还要写明日的祭礼致辞
I have a Service to finish writing for tomorrow.
它将是我们的朋友格拉哈姆
It will have to act as the only eulogy
在这冰天雪地中唯一的悼词
our boy Graham will be given out here...
必须要完美
..And I intend it to sing.
列个名单 咱们最有能力的八位船员
Put together a list. Our eight most able men.
约翰爵士被你说服了
Sir John heard reason, then?
我会确保
I'll make certain
所有问责全部落在我一人头上
the blame falls on no-one's shoulders but my own.
继续这个计划会被认为...
Proceeding with this would be considered...
改变他的想法可能要花上几周时间
It would take weeks to engineer some way to change his mind.
我们没有时间等下去 等不了了
We don't have weeks. We may not even have days.
利特尔上尉是不会同意的
Lieutenant Little will never agree to it.
不需要他同意 我亲自来带队
He won't have to. I'll lead the party myself.
有我在 队中的其他人
With my presence, the other members of the team
可以说自己是被逼的
can say they were coerced.
我会先告诉他们这是捕猎小队
I'll tell them it's a hunting party at first.
他们是不会责难他们的
The act won't impugn them.
要是路上遇上了爱斯基摩人
And if we were to meet Esquimaux along the way,
可以告知他们我们的需求 并获得帮助
I can converse our needs and gain help in that manner.
那就让我替你去吧
Then send me in your place.
我也可以说爱斯基摩语
I can speak native as well as you.
你得留下来
You must stay.
查看冰的情况 看是否会有通路
To read the ice if leads open up.
至于麦唐纳医生...
And as for Dr. MacDonald...
我不会抢走船员的医生
I'll not take a doctor from the men.
可你是船长
But you're the Captain.
幽冥号♥上还有一位没事干的船长呢
There's a spare Captain on Erebus.
你会被人唾弃的
You'll be despised.
约翰爵士会杀了你的
Sir John will have your head.
即使他不下令 海军也会的
And if he doesn't call for it, the Admiralty certainly will.
死就死吧
They can have it.
但我必须先开出路来
After I build us a road out of here.
那惊恐号♥怎么办
And what of the Terror?
把名单列出来吧 托马斯
Make me that list, Thomas.
我准备在最后一轮守望开始的时候出发
I plan to leave at start of last watch.
这次写下来 迪格尔先生
Write it down this time, Mr. Diggle.
要想热汤 你得先把炉子烧起来
In order to heat your soup, you must first heat the stove.
谢谢你分享作为厨子的
Thank you for sharing the extent of
知识与经验 沃尔先生
your knowledge as a cook, Mr. Wall.
要不是受可怕的后果所迫
But I'd never hazard the wreck of your kitchen
我是不会来你的厨房♥的
unless pressed by dire consequence.
"可怕的后果"
"Dire consequence"?
这里能让你惊讶的东西可不比外面少
But there's much here for you to marvel at.
看看我的手下有多开心就知道了
Just look how happy my men are.
我是很惊讶
Oh, I marvel.
不过是为了比你更有意思的事情
But about something more intriguing than you.
你究竟想干什么
What on earth are you up to?
我是在为惊恐号♥上的很多罐头
I'm concerned about the number of Terror's canned provisions
已经变质而担心
turning up spoilt.
来看看幽冥号♥是不是也一样
I'm here to inquire if Erebus is seeing the same.
我发现了变质的食物 发霉的肉
I've discovered bad seals, gray meat
还闻到了恶臭
and odors that curled my hair.
如果你们有办法
Now, in the event you've already developed
解决这件事
a method for handling the problem,
剧集 | 极地恶灵 | 导航列表