剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
你确定吗
Are you sure?
就我所知 乔治帮了不少忙呢
From what I hear George is being very obliging.
如果伊丽莎白肯 他自然愿意
Doubtless he would be if Elizabeth would let him.
但她不会的
But she will not.
弗兰西斯死前 乔治的野心
George's ambitions, before Francis died,
就是在我们两家之间制♥造♥不和
was to drive a wedge between our two families
最简单的办法 就是与他们交好
and the easiest way to do it, was by befriending theirs.
帮助伊丽莎白只是他同样策略的延续
By helping Elizabeth, he is merely continuing the same tactics.
是啊 罗斯
Yes, Ross.
虽然我是有意帮她
And although it was my aim in helping her,
但这也让她有底气拒绝他
it does have the effect of strengthening her hand against him.
是啊 罗斯
Yes, Ross.
德梅尔扎太太
Mistress Demelza
那边跑过来的是谁啊
Who be that then coming across the fields?
贝蒂·卡基德
Betty Carkeek!
到时候了 又找不到恩尼斯医生
'tis 'er time - an' Dr Enys can't be found.
罗斯
Ross?
把白兰地给我拿来
Fetch me the brandy wine!
冷静下来 我们过去
Calm your self we'll go, we'll go...
留在这儿 杰里米
Now you stay here Jeremy.
谢谢
Thank you.
过来
Come here.
过来
Come here.
快走
Hurry!
先生 上尉 什么来着
Sur... Cap'n - 'oo's'it -
亨肖找你 你矿井的什么事
Henshawe - askin' f'r'ee - yourn - mine - whatever.
抱着
Here!
马上回来
Won't be long.
贝蒂 给你带了点止痛的东西
Betty, brought you something for the pain.
找到他了 贝蒂 恩尼斯医生来了
I found 'im, Betty! Dr Enys be 'ere!
过去这几天 我们拓开了一点
We've open'd her up a tidy bit these past days.
我们最后开采的一些 矿石品质非常好
The last we brought up - 'tis as rich as ever I see'd.
罗斯
Ross.
明知道下面有什么 还让它被水淹没
More 'n more it go against the grain t' let 'er fill up with water
这是背道而驰
knowin' what's down there.
本就是背道而驰的
It goes against the grain at any time
但供给水泵的煤要用完了
but without coal to keep the pump working.
我正考虑这件事
Well, that's what I been thinking.
我可以再投一百镑
I could put down a hundred pounds
能让我们再撑一个月
't would see us through another month.
你愿意这么干
You'd be willing to do that?
我们都失败这么多次了
After all our failures?
大概一天之后我们就能搞清楚了
In a day or so we'll know better.
要是没什么结果
If nothing comes of it,
我们就关门大吉 我损失二十镑
we can close and I'll have lost twenty pounds.
如果你允许的话 我派人去多弄点煤来
Now with your permission I thought to send out for more coal.
当然了 去吧
By all means - send out.
肯定是个男孩
'E'll be a boy, tha's sure!
男孩出生之前折腾得厉害
They'm trouble 'e'n afore they born!
用力推 贝蒂 推
Push... Push Betty. Push.
贝蒂
Betty?
你肯定想不到
'Ee'll never guess!
格蕾丝矿井上有大新闻
There's news o' Grace...
还有卡基德家的新男婴
An' a fine new Carkeek boy!
什么新闻
What news o' Grace?
矿还能再开一个月
She's to stay open another month!
这是我们不敢奢求的福气
'Tis a blessing we never look'd for.
上帝保佑 矿脉还经得起开采
God willin' the lode should hold
我才能喂饱家人
an' I'll be able to feed my family!
敬卡基德小少爷
To young Master Carkeek!
还有锡
And tin!
还有锡
And tin!
上帝保佑你 先生
God bless 'ee, sur.
保佑亨肖工头
Bless Captain Henshawe.
他才是我们的救世主
He's our saviour!
你简直着魔了
This is becoming an obsession.
你要参军吗
Are you planning on joining the army?
我做那干什么
Why would I do that?
我家里就有战线
When I have battle fronts of my own at home.
这提醒了我 那些人安排好了吗
Which reminds me - have those forces been deployed yet?
按你的指示做了
As per your instructions.
别皱眉 亲爱的
Don't frown, dear.
额头生皱纹就不好了
A wrinkled brow is not becoming.
我对泰伯束手无策
I'm at my wits' end with Tabb.
我说什么他都反驳
He contradicts everything I say
好像以为他是这儿的主人
as if he thinks he is master here now.
现在又寄来这些信
And now these letters have come
这些问题只有我能回答
all these questions which apparently only I can answer:
绍尔几艘渔船捕鱼
a tithe of one pound, six shillings
该交什一税一镑六先令
on the seines of certain fishing boats in Sawle.
要催促渔民交钱吗
Should the fishermen be pressed for money?
我不知道
I don't know!
要吗
Should they?
我能不逼他们吗
Can I afford not to press them?
谁更需要钱
Whose need is greater?
我的天啊 没完没了吗
Dear God, is there no end to it?
怎么了
What is it?
那些人是谁
Who are these people?
锡矿工人
Tinners.
凭《锡矿法》赋予他们的权利 勘探锡矿
Exercising their rights under Stannary Law to prospect for tin.
简直太过分了
But this is outrageous!
这群粗人
Vulgars...
竟然能依法侵犯绅士的庄园
permitted by law to violate the purlieu of a gentleman's estate!
这种事怎么能合法呢
How can such a thing be lawful?
真荒诞
It's monstrous!
荒 荒 荒诞
Mon. Mon. Monstrous!
没有枯竭的迹象
No sign of it petering out?
正相反
Far from it.
我不想燃起你的希望 但储量可能很可观
You know I'm not one to raise hopes, but it could be significant.
损伤很大
The damage is considerable.
将来要一直有人照顾她才行
She'll need constant care for the foreseeable future.
可能她余生都需要
Possibly the rest of her life.
但我们请不起护士
But - we cannot afford a nurse
谁来照顾...
who is to provide...?
我
Me.
得由我来照顾她了
I must be the one to take care of her.
那谁照顾我
Who's to take care of me?
我先来的
I was here first!
我得去跟罗斯谈谈
I must speak to Ross.
你从他那儿得不到同情
You'll get no sympathy from that quarter!
他向来不喜欢你母亲
He was never a fan of your mother.
你没有别人可求助了吗
Is there no-one else you can turn to?
我尽快赶来了 她情况如何
I came as soon as I could. How is she?
非常糟糕
Very bad.
恩尼斯医生担心她永远都不会康复了
Dr Enys fears she may never recover.
你要知道我有多难过
You must know how that grieves me.
我知道你多喜欢她
I know how fond you are of her.
你知道我希望什么吗
Do you know what I wish?
不
No.
希望你能让我做一切必要的安排
That you would allow me to make all the necessary arrangements.
在特伦威兹为她安排单独的病房♥和看护
Engage a separate establishment for her, here at Trenwith,
以免除你更多的负担
so that no further burden need fall on you.
我不能让你那么做
I couldn't let you do that...
你太孱弱了 伊丽莎白
You're so frail, Elizabeth.
你努力坚强 但现在需要照顾的人是你
You try to be strong but now it is you who need care.
让我照顾你吧
Let me provide it.
你太好心了 乔治 但我比看起来强壮
You're very kind, George - but I'm stronger than I look.
我必须变强壮
I will have to be.
人必须接受生活的赠与
One must take what life sends.
却不接受我的赠与
But not what I send?
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表