剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
伊丽莎白是个贵族女人
Elizabeth is a gentlewoman.
你是个疯子
And you are a madman.
一个现在不再良心有愧的疯子
A madman who can now order his life with a clear conscience.
我侄女去特鲁洛了
My niece is in Truro.
我特意借此机会召你来
I have taken the opportunity to summon you.
你应该猜得到为什么吧
I imagine you've some idea why?
我觉得不该由我来猜 先生
I don't think it's for me to speculate, sir.
真希望你处理其他事也能如此谨慎
I might wish you'd shown such delicacy in all your dealings.
很遗憾您认为我没有
I'm sorry you think I have not.
我是指你和我侄女的友谊
I refer to your friendship with my niece.
您为何认为那有失礼之处
In what way do you consider that offensive?
得了 先生 你不可能不明白这世道
Oh, come, sir, you cannot be ignorant of the ways of the world.
跟你这样的年轻人
As for a serious attachment...
发展严肃的感情
..with a young man of your station...
-我是位绅士 先生 -她是位女继承人
- I am a gentleman, sir. - And she is an heiress.
她身份显赫 不该跟你这样
Much too important a person to be entangled
一位一文不名的乡村医生纠缠在一起
with a penniless country doctor like yourself.
难道这不该由她来决定吗
Is that not for her to decide?
卡罗琳必须有我同意结婚
Caroline must marry with my consent.
否则她将无法继承一分一厘
Otherwise she will not inherit a penny.
她这辈子
She has been brought up
一直过得应有尽有
in the greatest possible luxury.
你真认为她会放弃那一切
Do you suppose that she will sacrifice that
跟你过苦日子吗
for the little you have to offer?
她给了我如此认为的希望
She has given me cause to suppose so.
还是你以为她藏了私房♥钱
Or you may think she has a private fortune of her own?
我不知道 也不在乎她有什么
I neither know nor care what she has.
六千英镑
£6,000.
你如果娶她 只能得到六千英镑
£6,000 all you get if you married her.
我一直尽量克制地听您奚落
Until now, I've suffered your comments with a due degree of civility,
但我也是有极限的 先生
but there are limits, sir.
我从未给您理由让您认为我是想借婚姻发财的人
God knows I've never given you cause to suppose me a fortune hunter,
如果您认为
and if you imagine that
没有哪个不为她财产的男人
no man without an eye to her inheritance
会爱上您侄女
could fall in love with your niece,
那您就太低估她的魅力 也侮辱了我们两个
then you greatly underrate her charms and insult us both.
希望 我把我的看法说清楚了
Well, I hope I have made my views clear.
同时 您也给了我希望
And in doing so, you have given me hope.
卡罗琳的财产比我想的要少 我很庆幸
Caroline's fortune is less than I thought, I'm glad of it.
身无分文的医生
A penniless doctor
可以娶有如此财产的女人 而不觉得低人一等
could wed such a fortune yet not be eclipsed by it.
马上离开我家 先生 再也不要回来了
You will leave this house now, sir, and you will never return.
你要中止跟我侄女的一切通信
You will cease all communication with my niece...
卡罗琳已经成年了 先生
Caroline is of age, sir.
你可以在家里控制她 但出去了就不行了
Your control may be exercised within these walls, but not beyond.
看来我看错了你这人 恩尼斯医生
I see I have gravely mistaken your character, Dr Enys.
但至少现在我们理解彼此了
But at least now we understand each other.
是的 先生
Oh, yes, sir.
现在我们理解彼此了
Now we understand each other.
伦敦真有趣
London is so diverting.
我来年或许会买♥♥栋宅子 冬天去住
I may well take a house for the season next year.
您可愿赏光来看看我
May I hope to be honoured by a visit from yourself?
当然 先生
I'd be delighted, sir.
我想稍加劝说 伊丽莎白也会去的
And I'd like to think Elizabeth could be persuaded.
等她结束服丧的
Well, once she's out of mourning.
但我不敢奢望
But I dare not hope for it.
她在特伦威兹避世太久了
She's been closeted away at Trenwith for so long.
上流社会应该多见见它最罕有的珍宝
Yet society deserves to see more of its rarest treasures,
包括您
yourself included.
再见 小家伙
Goodbye, little man.
圣诞节时要照顾好妈妈
Look after your mama this Christmas.
你♥爸♥爸会希望如此
It's what your papa would wish.
你可能会觉得我多事 但我劝你
You may think me interfering, but I urge you
让罗斯和德梅尔扎自己过圣诞节
to let Ross and Demelza keep this Christmas to themselves.
-但... -是为你 也为他们
- But... - For your sake, as well as theirs.
入夜前不会发生什么事的
Nothing will happen till nightfall.
那有什么不一样吗
Well, that do make all the difference.
德梅尔扎
Demelza.
我能做什么
What can I do?
我不能去求人借钱 不能挣钱
I can't beg for money, I can't earn it.
我不能挖坑 也不能叫他别挖
I can't dig for it, I can't tell him not to dig.
我有什么用
What use am I?
他该娶卡罗琳·潘万纳那样的人
He should've wed someone like Caroline Penvenen.
我从小就认识罗斯上尉了
I've known Cap'n Ross since he were a whelp,
自他母亲死后
since his mother died.
她是个好人 很明理
She was a good soul, an' a wise.
-我知道她会怎么说 -怎么说
- An' I know what she'd say. - What?
她儿子是碰上了最相配的人
That her lad had met his match.
或许曾经是的 现在呢
Maybe that was true once. But now?
现在我成了他的折磨
Now I'm his torment.
那她会说 是他活该
And she'd say, serve him right.
我真想打他
I could crown him.
他都不怎么注意我
An' he scarcely knows I'm there.
普鲁迪 别应门
Prudie, don't answer it!
查理 我还以为是收税官
Oh, Charlie. I did fear it might be the gaugers.
他们为什么要怀疑绅士的家呢
Why would they suspect a gentleman's house, ma'am?
我来给罗斯上尉送信
I come with a message for Cap'n Ross.
等着 我去找他
Wait here. I'll fetch him.
罗斯 有人来了
Ross! There's a visitor.
查理
Charlie.
怎么了
What is it?
特伦康先生说 如果你想给
Mr Trencrom say if you wish to write a letter
法国的马克·丹尼尔写信 可以
to Mark Daniel in France, do so.
一体号♥出航时 我会把信带上船
I'll see it gets aboard when The One and All sails.
罗斯 你来了 太好了
Ross. I'm so glad you're here.
我想知道我该怎么办
I want to know what I must do.
帕斯科寄来的
From Pascoe?
有人要买♥♥杰弗里·查尔斯在格蕾丝矿井的股份
An offer has been made for Geoffrey Charles's share of Wheal Grace.
不是沃勒根家 我已经确定了
It's not the Warleggans, I've already ascertained that.
这难道不令人惊讶吗
Is it not astonishing?
价钱不错
It's a good price.
但那人竟然愿意给出弗兰西斯最初
But that someone should offer as much for his share
投入的金额
as Francis first put into it?
是新发现了矿石吗
Has there been some new discovery of ore?
才没有
Far from it.
大家都知道矿要开不下去了
Everyone knows we must close soon.
"这位潜在买♥♥主不愿透露姓名
"The prospective buyer is a gentleman who wishes to remain nameless
但他心系您儿子的利益"
but who has your son's best interest at heart".
难以置信
Remarkable.
你建议我怎么办 我该考虑吗
What do you advise? Should I consider the offer?
考虑 你该立刻接受
Consider? You should accept it without delay.
我们目前的状况
Our situation here...
这笔钱 能极大改善我们的状况
The money, it would make all the difference,
但你呢
but for you?
你确定这不会影响你吗
Are you sure it won't compromise you?
你的新合伙人是个陌生人
Your new partner, a stranger?
我知道你认为这对我们是最好的
I know you think it's best for us,
但我不愿
but I would hate to think
利用我们的友谊
I was taking advantage of our friendship.
伊丽莎白 你必须卖♥♥
Elizabeth, you must sell.
这能大大缓解你的窘境
This will enormously ease your situation.
我感激你的迟疑
I'm only grateful for your hesitation,
和这几个月来的忠诚
and your loyalty all these months.
忠诚不是单方面的 罗斯 从来都不是
Loyalty's not all on one side, Ross, nor ever has been.
很遗憾我得拒绝你圣诞节的邀请了
I regret I must decline your invitation for Christmas.
弗兰西斯会希望我在他的家里庆祝的
I believe Francis would want me to spend it in his house.
很遗憾现状如此
And I regret that circumstances are such
我不能如愿好好照顾你
that I cannot take care of you as I might wish.
这我也很遗憾 罗斯
We both regret that, Ross.
你考虑过你的处境了吗
You've had time to consider your position?
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表