剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
希望你万万不要以为这般挑衅
Only that it would be a mistake to imagine such intimidation
我不会悉数奉还
could continue to be one-sided.
你在威胁我吗 罗斯
Is that a threat, Ross? Is it?
听说绍尔昨晚又有一批走私的中了埋伏
Last night in Sawle they say another drop was ambushed.
货全赔了进去 还抓了四个人蹲大牢
More cargo lost and four more sent to Bodmin Jail.
自从博德明发生暴♥乱♥
Since the riots in Bodmin,
这一带到处都是士兵
the district's been crawlin' with soldiers.
帕德斯托到圣艾夫斯都已经没盐了
They'm clean out of salt from Padstow to St Ives.
等鱼来了要没盐腌了
Bode ill for when the shoals come in.
-鱼转眼就得坏 -也卖♥♥不出去
- Fish won't keep. - Fish won't sell.
他们说要不是因为罗斯先生
Mam says if it weren't for Mr Ross...
从哪打来的
Where are these from?
纳帕拉湾
Nampara Cove.
你驾船出海了
You went out in the boat?
不 我一声口哨它们就乘着浪头朝我飞来了
No, I whistled and they came a-dancin' at me out the waves!
你怎么这么胡闹
Have you no sense?
因为又多了一张嘴要喂
Yes. And an extra mouth to feed!
那你将来至少也要
Then at least do it the courtesy
多注意你自己安好
of taking more care of yourself in future.
我会按时回家
I won't be home late.
那是什么新鲜玩意
What's that contraption?
那是探测杖 据说能嗅探到金属
A Virgula divinitoria. It's believed to sniff out metal.
自从他们和好
Since they reconciled,
我还希望弗兰西斯会向罗斯寻求指引
I was hoping Francis would look to Ross for guidance.
那个沃勒根家的暴发户最近没怎么来过
That upstart Warleggan hasn't called of late.
他和弗兰西斯发生了争执
He and Francis have quarrelled.
他怎么不收回给你们的贷款
I wonder he doesn't call in your loans.
也许他还有别的图谋
But perhaps he has another plan.
比如
Such as?
魔鬼有什么心思我怎么知道
Should I know how the Devil's mind works?
你最好哄好了他
You better keep him sweet.
或许应该去拜访下他
Perhaps you should pay him a visit.
我对乔治可没什么影响力
I've no influence over George.
我叫了乔克医生来给你看看
I've summoned Dr Choake to come and visit you.
我觉着自己挺健康的 谢谢您 祖姑母
I find myself in excellent health, thank you, Aunt.
我还会更健康的
And I will improve further
只要我们家能开出一座自己的矿
when we have a working mine to our name
不再仰仗沃勒根家的施舍
and are no longer reliant on Warleggan charity.
瓦莱迪在就好了 她会知道该怎么做
Verity should be here. She'd know what to do!
下周你能伴我一起出海吗
Will you join me aboard next week?
我要是到处闲逛
People will think me a bad wife
去里斯本晒黑了 人们会笑我这妻子不合格
to be always gallivanting off and sunning myself in Lisbon!
你去才是我的好妻子呢
That makes you a good wife.
因为你总能满足你丈夫的心愿
For acceding to your husband's wishes!
我想你也有同样的心愿吧
I think they are yours, too?
你知道我有的
You know they are.
詹姆斯来信了
I've had word from James.
他的船被调去了槟城
His ship was diverted to Penang.
-艾斯特呢 -还跟家庭教师住在普利茅斯
- And Esther? - Remains with her governess in Plymouth.
不过等詹姆斯回来 他们都会来看我们
But when James returns, they will both come and visit us.
你不要拒绝
I shall insist.
你不觉得代价有些太高了吗
Do you ever think the price was too high?
你的孩子们躲着我们 我哥哥和我断绝关系
Your children shun us. My brother disowns us.
但我们至少还有一个朋友 我们欠他一切
We have at least one friend. To whom we owe everything.
我当然幸福 不能更幸福了
Of course we're happy. I could not be more so.
但是呢
And yet?
我哥哥还是不原谅我
My brother will not forgive me.
安德鲁的孩子们也不肯见我 我倒不怨他们
And Andrew's children decline to meet me. Not that I blame them.
我取代了他们亲爱的母亲的位置
I've replaced their dear departed mother.
他们肯定恨我
They must hate me!
但等他们见到你
But when they meet you...
我担心永远不会有那一天了
I begin to fear that will never happen.
如果他们现在不接受我
And if they will not accept me now,
等我和安德鲁有了孩子 肯定会更糟
how much worse will it be if Andrew and I have a child of our own?
难道你
Are you...?
没有 还没有
No. Not yet.
但是结了婚自然就会有孩子
But children are the natural consequence of marriage,
不是吗
are they not?
似乎如此
It would appear so.
"亲爱的夫人 听闻您恢复顺利我很高兴
"Dear Madam, I am happy to hear of your recovery
但请您相信 至于回报
"but be assured, as to payment,
您的感激之情已足以令我满足"
I am amply recompensed by the knowledge of your gratitude."
"对您而言 恩尼斯医生
"To you, Dr Enys,
救我一命想必是举手之劳
"No doubt the saving of my life seems a very small service.
然而对我 却有更重大的意义
"to me, it assumes a slightly greater significance.
随信奉上一个基尼 虽然微薄
"I therefore enclose a guinea, which is the smallest value,
一如我之贱体 却愿以之回报您的服务
"little as I esteem myself, that I could put upon your services.
万望今日再来登门"
"Be so kind as to attend me today."
你觉得伊丽莎白能被说服来见我吗
Do you think Elizabeth could ever be persuaded to meet me here?
哪怕只有半小时 带着杰弗里·查尔斯一起
Even for half an hour? With Geoffrey Charles?
她会吗 背着弗兰西斯来见你
Would she do that? Behind Francis's back?
是啊 她永远也不会的
No, she would never.
但我真的很想念他们
But I do miss them so terribly.
你瞧 他永远也不会原谅我的
You see? He will never be reconciled.
恩尼斯医生 你能来真是太好了
Dr Enys. How kind of you to call.
我也就等了三个多月
I haven't been waiting above three months!
抱歉 潘万纳小姐
I apologise, Miss Penvenen.
我忙着照顾其他病人
I've been busy with my other patients.
他们无疑比我更重要
Doubtless they're more important than I.
只是因为他们的病情更严重
Only insofar as their conditions are more serious.
你要不要检查我的喉咙了
Well? Are you going to examine my throat or not?
请张嘴
Open your mouth, please.
张大点
Wider, please.
非常好 不会有其他问题了
Most satisfactory. You will have no further trouble.
你今天真是话少无礼
How brusque you are today!
你朋友罗斯·波达克也这么专横吗
Is your friend Ross Poldark so peremptory?
他没时间寒暄打趣 如果你指的是这个的话
He has little time for pleasantries, if that's what you mean.
你骑马吗 恩尼斯医生
Do you ride, Dr Enys?
为了消遣骑马
For pleasure, that is.
你一定会理解的 我时间非常紧
I'm sure you'll appreciate I have very little time
因为我忙着处理...
when I'm taken up with...
更严重的疾病
More serious complaints.
跟我说说 都有什么
So tell me, what are they?
淋巴结核 痨病 坏血病
Scrofula, phthisis, scurvy.
要怎么治疗呢
What can be done for them?
对于淋巴结核 无能为力
For scrofula, nothing.
对于坏血病 医生的药没什么用 但食物
For scurvy, a doctor's drugs are useless but simple foods
绿色蔬菜和新鲜水果
green vegetables, fresh fruit
几乎能马上见效
can effect an almost immediate cure.
但穷♥人♥正是吃不起这些
But.. these are precisely what the poor cannot afford,
才流血至死
so they bleed and die.
他们为什么不少买♥♥酒 多买♥♥橙子
Why do they not spend less on gin and more on oranges?
橙子
Oranges?
市场上有橙子卖♥♥时 一个橙子就要三便士
Oranges, when they can be had, cost thruppence apiece.
一夸脱酒只要不到六便士
Gin costs less than sixpence a quart.
但他们很多人都和你我一样清醒
Yet many are as sober as you or I.
你努力救下他们 有什么好处吗
But will you do any good by attempting to save these people?
他们只会越生越多 要喂饱的嘴也就更多了
They will only multiply and then there'll be more mouths to feed.
看他们死去当然很伤感
Of course it's sad to see them die,
但至少能控制住穷♥人♥的数量
but at least it keeps the numbers in check.
我吓到你了
Do I shock you?
只是被你假设
Only by your assumption that
自己不在其中吓到了
you will not be included in this stocktaking.
我当然不在了
But of course I won't!
我是潘万纳家的人 我有钱有地位
I'm a Penvenen, so I'm rich and privileged.
失陪了 夫人 病人需要我
Would you excuse me, madam? My patients require me.
原谅我失礼 把诊费还给你
I shall take the liberty of returning your fee.
你觉得自己被钱玷污了
You consider yourself tainted by it?
祝你愉快
I bid you good day.
先生们 我们有好消息宣布 亨肖先生
Gentlemen, we have good news to report. Mr Henshawe?
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表