剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
还不够灵通
Less than I'd like to be.
恩尼斯医生肯定能告诉你更多内情
No doubt Dr Enys could enlighten you further.
我明天得去一趟特鲁洛
I shall go to Truro tomorrow.
那破地方没什么好买♥♥的 但我需要新鞋扣
It's a poor place to shop, but I need new buckles for my shoes.
你现在能自己做主了 卡罗琳
You are your own mistress now, Caroline.
没错
So I am.
但我不希望你因重获自♥由♥
Though I think you should not allow a natural pleasure
而沉迷享乐
in your new freedom
从而忘了约束自己的行为
to override the requirements of good conduct.
单独跟一个年轻的
To ride far and unattended
单身男人一起骑马远行
in the company of a young man of eligible years
会招致不必要的闲话
is to invite comment of an unsavoury nature.
你们肯定是清白的
No doubt it was innocently done,
我虽然似乎并不反对
but it is neither fair to me,
但这于我 于那年轻人
who may seem to countenance it,
都不公平
or to the young man himself,
他也许会因此生出一些不切实际的想法
who may derive from it ambitions beyond his proper sphere.
谢谢你的担心 叔叔
Thank you for your concern, Uncle.
如果我的行为让你如此困扰
If my conduct so bothers you,
我是不是应该离开这里
would it not be better for me to quit this house
去其他地方住
and live elsewhere?
这办法非常好
That would be an excellent solution,
只是我们俩感情如此深厚 恐怕不妥
were it not for the great affection we hold for each other.
雷叔叔要生我气了 霍雷斯
Uncle Ray is becoming cross with me, Horace.
等一下我们俩就会说出会让我们后悔的气话
There will shortly be angry words which we shall both regret.
你不觉得我们最好换一个话题吗
Don't you think we had better change the subject?
明天要你的马车什么时候来
At what hour tomorrow shall you require the carriage?
九点 谢谢你 叔叔
At nine, thank you, Uncle.
"亲爱的恩尼斯医生 我想请你明天早上
"Dear Dr Enys, I should be obliged if you would attend on me
十点半到十一点之间到我这里来一趟
"tomorrow morning between 10.30 and 11.
感激不尽 雷·潘万纳"
"Obliged, Ray Penvenen."
亲爱的 你记得我今天要回家吧
My dears, you do recall that I'm to return home today?
胡说 都快圣诞节了
Fiddlesticks! 'Tis nearly Christmas.
女人这时候应该跟家人待在一起
A woman should be with her family at such time.
我丈夫也会这么认为
My husband would agree with you.
男人 他们还要处理事务
Ah, men their business to attend to.
他恐怕根本没发觉你走了
I doubt he's even noticed you're gone.
他的信上可不是这么说的
His letters suggest otherwise.
不管怎么说 我很想他
In any case, I've missed him a great deal,
很想回家弥补我们分离的时光
and have every intention of making up for lost time.
你呢
And you?
我受邀去纳帕拉
I have an invitation to Nampara.
你要接受吗
Shall you accept?
杰弗里·查尔斯很想去
Geoffrey Charles is eager.
你呢
Are you?
我觉得有其他人陪我也挺不错
I think it may do me good to have some varied company.
这些客人
These guests...
完全是依据他们对我们的生意
Are specifically chosen for their use to us,
社交 以及未来能派上的用场挑选的
in business, in society, in terms of the future.
阿♥拉♥贝拉·特里威廉 尊贵的玛利亚·潘洛斯
Arabella Trevelyan, the Honourable Maria Penrose,
艾丽莎·考特尼-普劳斯 这些姑娘都十七吧
Eliza Courtney-Prowse... These girls must be all of 17.
都是上好的种畜
And prime breeding stock.
你甚至可以检查她们的牙齿
You may examine their teeth if you choose.
我还是骑马去特伦威兹吧
I think I'll ride to Trenwith.
你准备什么时候收那里的贷款
When will you call in the loans on that estate?
跟一个奔三十的穷寡妇交好
What's to be gained by staying in the good books
能得到什么好处
of a poverty-stricken widow in her late 20s?
我可以选择接济她
I could alleviate her poverty if I chose,
但我选择让她承受困苦
but I choose to let her feel it.
她做出了选择 必须自己承担后果
She has made her bed and now she must lie in it.
天啊
Oh, Judas.
你要看我的手相吗
Do 'ee read my fortune?
好的 丫头
Aye, Maid.
有这样一双手
It do tell me, with hands like these,
德梅尔扎·波达克绝不是淑女
Demelza Poldark be no lady.
柴火都湿了 烘干过了吗
This kindling is damp. Has it been seasoned?
我不知道
I've no idea.
当然了
Of course not.
很高兴你还允许自己奢侈一把
I'm glad to see you allow yourself some luxuries.
不 这是给杰弗里·查尔斯的礼物
Oh, erm, no, 'tis a present for Geoffrey Charles.
乔治送的
From George.
他来过这里吗
Oh, has he been here?
我不得不让他进来 罗斯 他是我的大债主
I had to admit him, Ross. He's my chief creditor.
他对你的债什么态度
And his views on your debts?
非常慷慨
Very generous.
一直是这样
They always have been.
他提出永远不要利息
He offered to waive the interest indefinitely.
我当然不能接受
Of course, I could not accept.
我和乔治之间的冲突与你无关
My quarrel with George is not your quarrel.
如果他想赢得你的好感 就满足他吧
If he wants to win your approval, let him.
你不用非得喜欢他
You don't have to like him.
你在发抖
You're shivering.
真希望我能帮到你
I wish I could help you.
我自己还可以忍♥受
For my own sake, I can bear it.
但是我儿子 他的未来
But for my son, for his future...
弗兰西斯继承家产时
When Francis came into his estate,
还有钱可以维持生计 舒适 有尊严
there was money to live on, comfort, dignity.
一想到杰弗里·查尔斯继承不了什么
It breaks my heart to think that Geoffrey Charles
我就感到心碎
will have so little to his name.
我也心碎
It breaks my heart, too.
已经没办法了 是吧
There's nothing to be done, is there?
我在莱杰矿井的剩余股份
My remaining shares in Wheal Leisure
你说他们值多少钱
what would you say is their worth?
六百多镑
Upwards of £600.
卖♥♥掉
Sell them.
你要把钱投入格蕾丝矿井吗
You wish to devote the money to Wheal Grace.
不是
No.
我有其他想法
To a special purpose.
弗兰西斯的寡妇和家人现在身处窘境
Francis's widow and family are in dire need.
比你更困窘吗
More so than yours?
两年前 弗兰西斯将他仅剩的六百镑
Two years ago, Francis sank his last £600
投入了格蕾丝矿井
into Wheal Grace.
我想让伊丽莎白·波达克收回这笔钱
I want Elizabeth Poldark to have it back.
她会接受吗
Will she accept?
当然不会
Of course not.
所以我需要你帮忙
Which is why I need your help.
等我在莱杰矿井的股份卖♥♥掉
When my shares in Wheal Leisure are sold,
你要提议收♥购♥杰弗里·查尔斯在格蕾丝矿井的股份
you'll make an offer for Geoffrey Charles's holding in Wheal Grace
代表一名委托你办事的匿名客户
on behalf of an anonymous client whom you represent.
伊丽莎白将接受 这笔钱就能到她手里了
Elizabeth will accept, and the money can be transferred to her.
是这么回事吗
So, do I understand you aright?
你要花六百镑
You are offering £600
买♥♥一座矿井一半的股份
for a half share in a mine
一座就要关闭的矿井
which is about to close,
而你还欠乔治·沃勒根
when you owe George Warleggan,
一个十分乐意见到你进债务人监狱的人
the man who will happily see you in debtors' prison...
一千四百镑
£1,400!
是的
Correct.
作为你的银行家和朋友
As your banker and friend,
我必须表示反对
I must advise against.
你负担不起
You cannot afford it.
你还得照顾自己的老婆孩子
And you have your own wife and child to care for.
难道这不会让人觉得
Would it not seem as if you
比起她 你更在意你堂嫂的安逸吗
value your cousin-in-law's comfort ahead of hers?
或许吧 如果我告诉她的话 但我不会的
It might, if I chose to tell her. Which I do not.
我还在
I am here.
弗兰西斯不在了
Francis is not.
德梅尔扎有伊丽莎白没有的收入
Demelza has resources which Elizabeth does not.
她是矿工的女儿
She's a miner's daughter.
她会生存
She has learned to survive.
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表