剧集 | 普通人 | 导航列表
昨晚过得不错 是吧
Good night, then?
-我要去冲个澡 -我就知道你肯定要去
- I'm just going to grab a shower. - I bet you are!
-我可没按你的预期做事 -虽然你已经这么做了
- I'll be out of your way. - Was it, though?
见到你很开心 伊莱恩
Good to see you, Elaine.
他可是个深藏不露的人 什么都不告你
That man's a dark horse! He'll tell you nothing!
所以我们不应该
So, rather than looking
仅仅把现代主义当作一种文学现象看待
at Modernism solely as a literary phenomenon,
而是可以将其看作一段历史进程
we can regard it as a historical process,
这段进程伴随着上世纪十九到二十年代的
unfolding within and along with other significant processes
其他重大进程和发展一同展开
and developments of the 1910s and '20s.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
再拖一下堂
Oh, a bit of housekeeping.
下周我们会讲乔纳森·斯威夫特
Next week's lecture will be in the Jonathan Swift.
你好
Hey.
-嗨 -我可以看一下你写乔伊斯的那篇文章吗
- Hey. - Could I read your Joyce essay?
就是那篇前无古人
The one that you got that unprecedented, like,
后无来者的文章
literally impossible merit in?
你从哪听说的
Where did you hear that?
你可是年度风云人物了
Talk of the year.
人们都很好胜
People are competitive.
确实 好吧
Yeah. Right.
-一会儿我准备去文学社 -是吗
- I'm going to the Literary Society later on. - Oh, right?
-是呢 其实最近社团在招募新成员 -这样啊
- Yeah, they're looking for new members, actually. - Ah, right.
你专注的时候真好看
You look really sweet when you're concentrating.
你长了张很可爱的严肃脸
You have a really cute serious face.
我完全没法集中精神看委员会胡扯的这些东西
I'm so distracted by this committee bullshit.
昨晚又是一场争论
There was another argument last night.
菲尔惹火了汉娜 我觉得她要辞职了
Phil went off on Hannah and I think she might resign.
就是 就是太无聊了 你知道吗
It's just... It's just so fucking boring, you know?
我真得在上课前完成这个
I really need to finish this before class.
好的 你完成吧
Sure. It's fine.
是什么感觉
What's it like?
你就像颗明星
You're, like, this star.
你是班里第一
You're top of the class.
你想说什么
What do you mean?
你享受这一切吗
Do you enjoy it?
被大家这样认可
Being recognised like that?
我不觉得我很聪明什么的
Er... I don't think I'm brilliant, or anything like that.
我是认真的
No, I mean it.
只是其他人都没有认真阅读
It's just no-one else does the reading properly.
他们很明显是在谈论自己从来没有读过的书
They literally show up to discuss a book they haven't even read
还信心满满 振振有词
and then they just bang on about it with complete confidence.
就这样 人们都被愚弄着
And, then, people are fooled.
你不喜欢这样
And that bothers you.
我觉得多少有点吧
I suppose it does a little bit.
不 其实不是因为这个 而是
No, that's not even it. It's...
真正困扰我的
What upsets me is...
是我 除了阅读工作之外
..Is that I...barely know what to say half the time, like,
常常不知道该说些什么
outside of this, outside of work.
比如 他们不需要去假装
Like, they don't have to go around and pretend,
只需要做好自己 你明白吗
or be anything other than themselves. You know?
我感觉自己像在到处
And I feel like I'm walking around,
尝试一百个不同版本的自己
trying on 100 different versions of myself.
但没有用
It's just not working, or...
看上去不像那样
It doesn't seem like that.
至少外人看来不是
From the outside, I mean.
然后我会想到家
Then I think about...home...
学校 然后我就...
..School and, fuck, I just...
我没法把这个生活跟
I can't connect this life and...
那种生活连接起来
..And that life. It just...
接不上
It just doesn't fit.
或者
Or...
你的朋友知道我们的事吗
Um...do your friends know about us?
以前学校发生的事之类的
Just, like, what happened in school or...whatever?
不
No.
乔安娜知道
Joanna does.
算是吧
Sort of.
但其他人不知道
But not the others.
我觉得不知道
I don't think so.
他们可能
I mean, they may have
察觉到什么 但我从没告诉他们
picked up on something, but I never told them.
如果他们发现了 你会尴尬吗
Would you be embarrassed if they found out?
我们以前上学时在一起过
That we were together in school, or whatever?
会
Yeah.
有一点吧
In some ways.
为什么
Why?
因为那很屈辱
Because it was humiliating.
你是说我当时对待你的态度吗
You mean, the way I treated you?
嗯
Yeah.
还有...
And just, er...
我竟然就那么忍♥了
..Just the fact that I put up with it.
你但是有想过邀请我去德布吗
Did you ever think about asking me to the Debs?
我知道那件事很蠢 但是
I know it's such a stupid thing, but, er...
我想知道你有没有考虑过
Um... ..I'm curious whether you thought about it.
老实说 没有
To be honest, er...no.
我希望我当时考虑过
I wish that I did.
你知道
You know...
你会答应吗
Would you have said yes?
会
Yeah.
天啊
Fuck's sake!
我真的很抱歉
I'm really sorry.
然而其实每个人都知道我们的事
Apparently, everybody knew about us, anyway.
每个人都知道什么
Everyone knew what?
我们在一起
That we were seeing each other.
我没告诉任何人 康奈尔 我发誓
I didn't tell anyone, Connell, I swear to God.
不 我知道 我不是这意思 我是说...
No, fuck, I know. That's not what I mean. I mean...
我是说就算你告诉别人了
My point is that even if you had told people,
也不要紧
it wouldn't have mattered.
-他们对此很刻薄吗 -没有
- Were they horrible about it? - No.
不管你信不信 根本没人在乎
Believe it or not, no-one even cared.
我觉得很愧疚
I feel really guilty about
我跟你说的那些话 关于...
all that stuff I said to you about, er...
如果大家发现了 事情会变得多糟
..how bad it would be if people found out.
显然 那只是...
Like, obviously, that was just...
那只是我自己的臆想
That was just what was going on in my head, and...
大家没理由在意 我就是...
There'd be no reason why anybody would care. I just...
我想我当时就是对各种事都很焦虑吧
I think I just suffered from anxiety with those sort of things.
我也说不好
I don't know, it's...
那个
Yeah.
我仍在一直想这个事 我仍在...
I still think about it all the time. I still...
想我为什么会表现得
..think about why I acted
那么差劲 我真的非常抱歉
in such a fucked-up way, and I'm really sorry.
玛丽安 我...
Marianne, I...
我真的非常抱歉
I really am sorry.
我原谅你
I forgive you.
谢谢
Thank you.
-什么 -对不起
- What? - Sorry.
我们挺... 我们不是要去派对吗
We're just... I thought we were going to a party?
对不起 我... 我觉得我必须说出来
Sorry, I just... I felt I had to say it!
可我们挺好的啊 都挺好的
But we're good. This is good.
大家都说我们俩在一起挺好的
Everyone says we're good together.
我觉得... 那不能算是个理由...
I mean...that's not a reason...
何况他们真那么想吗
And do they?
-大家真的还到处说这个吗 -嗯
- Does everyone really go around saying that? - Yeah.
大家真会在乎吗
Do people even care?
对 我想大家在乎他们的朋友是否幸福
Yeah. I think people care that their friends are happy, yeah.
我很抱歉 我... 我觉得我们俩走不下去
Look, I'm sorry, I just... I don't think this is working.
-这不再是我想要的了 -不再是了
- It's not what I want any more. - Any more?
对
Yea.
那你以前还是想要的
So, you did want this at some point?
剧集 | 普通人 | 导航列表