剧集 | 星星之火 | 导航列表
对不起 法官大人
I'm sorry, Your Honor,
但这并不是要让两个母亲互相竞争
but this is not about pitting two mothers against each other.
因为她们都是很优秀的母亲
Because they can both be great mothers,
但是美玲的母亲只有一个
but there is only one person here who is May Ling's mother
那就是周贝比
and that is Bebe Chow.
我会听从法♥院♥的判决 而不是你的想法
I think I'll defer to the court's ruling on that, not yours.
我没有问题要问这名证人了 法官大人
I have no further questions for this witness, Your Honor.
什么
What?
你疯了吗 你在干什么
Are you out of your mind? What are you doing?
坐下
Sit down.
珀尔
Pearl.
你...你没事吧
Are you, are you okay?
你今天都没怎么说话
You've barely said two words all day.
我没事 我只是累了
Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired.
-睡不着 -你知道我睡不着的时候怎么办吗
- Couldn't sleep. - You know what I do when I can't sleep?
转动眼珠 释放褪黑素 这是大自然的安♥眠♥药♥
Roll my eyes. Releases melatonin, nature's NyQuil.
昨天的少数裔会开得怎么样
So how was that MAC meeting yesterday?
什么
What?
对了 只是无聊的筹款聊天
Oh, um, yeah, yeah, it was just boring fundraiser talk.
我有东西忘在储物柜了
I forgot something in my locker,
我等一下再和你们会和吧
so I'm gonna catch up with you guys later, okay?
再见
Bye.
她绝对有事瞒着我们
Yeah, she's definitely covering something up.
可能还有别的男人了
Probably another guy.
她根本不会和除我家人以外的人一起
She doesn't hang out with anyone but my family.
如果是你♥爸♥爸呢 你看过《毒藤女》吗
What if it's your dad? Have you seen Poison Ivy?
那种情况也是有可能的
That shit happens.
赶着去打印了
希望你喜欢
乔治
学校来电 立刻去学校 跟伊奇有关
这太丢人了 你那出戏是什么意思
This is humiliating. What was that stunt even supposed to mean?
那不是表演 那是声明
It wasn't a stunt. It was a statement.
没有人要买♥♥小孩 伊莎贝尔 那叫收养
No one is buying babies, Isabelle. It's called adoption.
什么时候连收养另一个种族的小孩都算种族歧视了
And since when does adopting a baby of another race make you a racist?
-他们给了孤儿新的机会 -她不是孤儿
- They're giving an orphan child a chance. - She's not an orphan.
-她有妈妈 -他们会给她更好的生活
- She has a mother. - They're giving her a better life.
怎么算更好
What makes it better?
住更大的房♥子 有更好的车 花格鞋子吗
A bigger house, a fancier car, tartan Keds?
你知道吗 我受不了了
Do you know what? I can't handle this.
我没办法再继续跟你绕下去了
I cannot keep going around and around with you.
因为我...有时候真的很难
Because I-- sometimes it's really challenging.
怎么了
What?
做你妈妈真的很难
It's hard to be your mom.
那就不要做了
Then don't be.
伊莎贝尔 我...
Isabelle, I...
伊莎贝尔
Isabelle!
听着 我只是想说普林斯顿是最好的 所以
Look, all I'm saying is that Princeton's number one, so.
没错 但那种排名都很随意
Right, but the rankings are completely arbitrary.
-去年的第一还是耶鲁 -好吧
- I mean, last year, it was Yale. - Okay.
然后《美国新闻与世界报道》的那些好心人
And then, the fine people at "US News and World Report"
恢复了理智 重新把普林斯顿排在第一 宝贝
came to their senses and made Princeton number one, baby.
不 你真是个书呆子
No, you are such a dork.
一个双份培根芝士汉堡 大份薯条
We got a bacon double cheeseburger, large fries,
然后一个只有肉 奶酪和面包的普通芝士汉堡
and then, a plain cheeseburger, just meat, cheese and bun.
不 我点的是不要肉 只要芝士和面包
Yeah, no, I ordered without any meat. Just cheese and bun.
-点单上可没写 -我可是那么说的
- That's not what the ticket says. - Well, that's what I said.
所以...
So...
稍等一下
Just a minute.
看 他们不上大学就会变成这样
See, that is exactly what happens when they don't go to college.
"他们"
"They."
人们
People.
黑人吗
Black people?
天啊 你认真的吗
Oh, my God, seriously?
如果她是白人 我也会这么说
I would have said the same thing if she were white.
上帝啊 布莱恩
I mean, Jesus Christ, Brian.
我只是点了一份芝士汉堡
I'm ordering a fucking grilled cheese.
什么都能和种族扯上关系吗
What does race have to do with anything?
我不知道 不如你去问问珀尔
I don't know. How about you ask Pearl?
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
我就是写了一篇关于珀尔
I wrote a 500-word essay
没能去上数学课的五百字论文
about Pearl not getting into a math class.
我又他妈没去烧狗
I didn't light a fucking puppy on fire.
如果你真对珀尔这事耿耿于怀
If you seriously can't get over this Pearl thing,
那就请帮个忙 和我分手
then just please do me a favor and break up with me already.
一个汉堡 没肉 只有芝士和面包
One burger, no meat. Just cheese and bun.
她表现得就像做穷♥人♥能让你变得更好之类的
She acts like being poor makes you a better person or something.
-对 我懂 -不
- Yeah, I understand. - No.
不 崔普 你不懂
No, Trip, you don't understand.
我11岁的时候 我们在别♥墅♥里分租一个房♥间
When I was 11, we were subletting a room in a house.
那是一个女孩的房♥子
It belonged to this girl.
每天 我会去玩她的小马雕像
And every day, I used to play with her horse figurines.
有时候 当我妈妈睡着了 我会溜进她的壁橱
Sometimes, when my mom was asleep, I'd sneak into her closet
试穿她所有的裙子和鞋子
and try on all her dresses and shoes.
我会假装自己是她
And I would pretend that I was her.
我会假它们是我的裙子
I would pretend that, that they were my dresses
是我的四柱床 它们是我的马
and that it was my canopy bed, and that they were my horses.
但后来 我们不得不离开 我无法再假装
But then, we had to leave, and there was no more pretending.
我们的生活不是我的
Our life wasn't mine.
去拉菲特的一路上我都在哭
And I cried all the way to Lafayette.
尽管我偷了三个小马但没有用
And even the three horses that I'd stolen didn't help
因为这对我偷的那个人来说不值一提
because I'd stolen from someone who had so much.
我知道她甚者不会注意到她少了几只马
I knew that she'd never even notice that they were gone.
我知道这 这很蠢
And I know it's, it's stupid.
我是说 我总是有我所需要的东西
I mean, I always had what I needed.
但我从没有过我想要的东西
But I never had what I wanted.
为什么她不直接告诉我
Why didn't she just tell me?
我是说 为什么要保密
I mean, why keep it a secret?
我不知道 珀尔
I don't know, Pearl.
为什么 为什么我们要保守秘密
Why do, why do any of us keep secrets?
我们害怕或者我们感到不安
We're scared or we feel bad.
或者两者皆有 我不知道
Or both. I don't know.
天啊
Oh, God.
我不想变得像我妈妈一样
I don't want to be like my mom.
我们得告诉他
We have to tell him.
珀尔
Pearl.
是我
It's me.
怎么了
What happened?
我觉得我讨厌我妈妈
I think I hate my mom.
我也觉得我讨厌你妈妈
I think I hate your mom, too.
你应该对她追责
You were supposed to hold her accountable.
我不知道什么改变了
I don't know what changed.
比尔
Bill.
怎么了
What?
你确定你想把那些寄出去吗
You sure you want to send those?
你胆子不小啊 姑娘
You've got guts, girl.
-卖♥♥孩子 -很高兴你喜欢
- Selling babies. - I'm glad you liked it.
因为其他人都不喜欢
'Cause nobody else did.
画黑脸很有问题
Well, the blackface was problematic.
什么
What?
你是一个白人女孩
You are a white girl
把白人娃娃打扮成黑人
dressing white dolls in blackface.
-不是那样的 -好吧 那是怎么回事
- It-it wasn't about that. - Okay, what was it about?
我不知道 我猜是
I don't know, I guess it was about
我们是如何看低别人
how we think of other people as less.
我们是如何不重视他们
How we, we don't value them.
如何
How...
我妈妈和麦卡洛家这样的人
people like my mom and the McCulloughs,
以及西克尔的所有人 他们觉得他们能
and everybody from Shaker, they think they can just
想买♥♥什么就买♥♥什么
buy whatever they want.
但你也是西克尔的一份子 不是吗
But you're a part of Shaker too, right?
这个地方塑造了你
This place made you.
剧集 | 星星之火 | 导航列表