剧集 | 星星之火 | 导航列表
你是做什么的
What is it that you do?
我是艺术家
I'm an artist.
对 没错 你刚刚说了
Oh, yes, of course, you said that.
我没意识到你是指专职艺术家
I didn't realize you meant professionally.
我感觉那是电视上才有的理想工作
I feel like that's one of those ideal jobs you just see on TV.
比如间谍 或是海洋生物学家
Like a spy or a marine biologist.
我愿意按月出租♥房♥♥子
I, I would love to rent month to month.
只是这样我就得定期来这边管理
It just becomes a management thing.
相当于在我原有的工作外 多了一份全职工作
It's just a full‐time job on top of my other job.
不 我们不希望你为我们改变规则
No, we don't expect you to change the rules for us.
-可是妈妈 -我们再找找别的住处吧
- But Mom. ‐ Hey, we will find another place.
总会有别的住处的
There's always another place.
等一下
Excuse me.
所以你就这样当场把房♥子租给她了
So you rented it to her on the spot, just like that?
你了解这个女人吗
Do you even know anything about this woman?
好吧 我知道她是一个单亲妈妈
Well, I know she's a single mom
有一个15岁的女儿
and she has a 15‐year‐old daughter.
实际上 她女儿也读高二
Actually, her daughter is a rising sophomore as well.
你应该去表示友好 做个自我介绍
You should do the neighborly thing and introduce yourself.
-能把卷饼递给我吗 -那个妈妈呢
- Can I get the rolls? - What about the mom?
她很漂亮 非裔美国人
Well, she's very attractive. African‐American.
-那又如何 -能给我递一下意面吗
‐ What does that matter? - Could I get the pasta?
她还是个艺术家
And an artist.
你知道这面不是给你一个人吃的 对吧
You know it's not all for you, right?
布莱恩说他父母说 现在我们应该说"黑人"
Brian says his parents say we should say "Black" now.
好吧 杰西·杰克逊说的是非裔美国人
Well, Jesse Jackson says African‐American
美国著名的黑人运动领袖
他还是在电视上说的
and he's on television.
她是哪种艺术家
What kind of artist is she?
显然是个处于困境的艺术家
Well, apparently, a struggling one.
我看见她在车里睡觉
I saw her sleeping in her car.
你把房♥子租给了无家可归的人
You rented to a homeless person?
不停搬家不算是无家可归 比尔
Between homes isn't homeless, Bill.
你有对她做背景调查吗
Did you even have time to check her references?
你知道什么事让人感到愉悦吗
You know what felt good?
帮助他人
Helping.
得知你的行为能影响他人的生活
It is a beautiful thing to know that your actions
是一件很美好的事
can affect another person's life.
这就是生活的意义 各位
And that's what life is about, guys.
向那些感激你善行的
Doing kind things for kind people
善良之人 行使善意
who appreciate your kindness.
好的 感谢你的晚餐 妈妈 这太美味了
Well, thank you for dinner, Mom. It was great.
-不客气 -这真的很棒
‐ You're welcome. - It was really good.
酱汁里有培根
There's bacon in the sauce.
今天的训练如何
How was practice today?
你为周五的音乐会做好准备了吗
You ready for the concert on Friday?
我没去
I didn't go.
-你没去是什么意思 -珍来了
- What do you mean you didn't go? - That's Jen.
我们得谈谈这个 你说哪个珍...
We're going to talk about this. Which Jen are you‐‐
-珍·R和珍·H -儿子
‐ Jen R. and Jen H. - Son.
-两个都来吗 -对啊
- Both? - Yeah.
你应该带上你弟弟一起去的
You know, you should take your brother with you.
-没关系的 -不 亲爱的 你应该去的
‐ That's okay. - No, honey, you should go.
你弟弟肯定也想认识一些"珍"
I'm sure your brother would like to meet some nice Jens.
我也想带他去 但她们不会喜欢他
You know, I would, but um, he's, he's not really their type.
-没有人喜欢他 -崔普
- Or anyone's. - Trip.
这么说可不厚道
That's not nice.
小镇的历史 小镇的规章制度
The town history. Ah, the town rules.
睦邻指南 你看
A good neighbor guide. Ooh, look.
行动者&撼动者
车尾贴
Bumper sticker.
别想弄脏我的雪维特
Oh, don't even think about defacing the Chevette.
你知道西克尔
Did you know that Shaker
是美国最早规划的社区吗
was the first planned community in America?
我知道
I did.
这上面说这里修建的所有学校
Yeah, it uh, it says here that all the schools were built
是为了让孩子们
so that no kid would ever
不必穿过主要街道就能去上学
have to cross a major street to get to one.
你的小马在这
Here, your horses.
好吧 听听 这个很有趣
Okay, see, this is interesting.
"西克尔由始创者们遵循基本哲学建造而成
"Shaker was built on the underlying philosophy by the founders
为了避免变数和灾难
that everything can and should be planned
一切都可以并且应该制定计划
to avoid uncertainty and disaster."
怎么了
What?
少读点 多帮我整理行李
Less reading, more unpacking, please.
-好的 -好的
- Okay. - Okay.
-好的 -好的
- Okay. - Okay.
好了 好了
Okay, okay.
你意识到光是青年管弦乐队的花费
You do realize this whole youth orchestra
就超过所有孩子暑假活动加一起的花费了吧
costs more than all of the kids' summer activities combined?
有这个钱 我们都能去楠塔基特岛待一周了
I mean, we could have gone to Nantucket for a week for what it costs,
她还把这当理所当然
and she just takes it all for granted.
她才十四岁 宝贝
She's 14 years old, hon.
认为一切理所当然算是她的本职工作
Taking it for granted is kind of her job.
莱克西就从来不会这样想
Lexie never took anything for granted.
崔普和穆迪也没有
And neither did Trip or Moody.
个性不同
Different kids.
还有好多孩子
There are just children out there
从来没有过自己的房♥间呢
who have never even had their own room before.
你为什么让她把你弄得这么激动
Why do you let her get you this worked up?
她就是不积极参与
She just doesn't participate.
如果你不积极参与 就没法成功
And if you don't participate, you can't succeed.
她会没事的
She'll be fine.
我们能不谈伊奇的事了吗
Can we stop talking about Izzy, please?
-伊莎贝尔 抱歉
- Isabelle. - Sorry.
今天不是周三或周六
It's not Wednesday or Saturday.
法律没规定我们不能在其他时候做♥爱♥
You know, we are allowed to have sex on other days.
但如果提前计划 才会更有意思
But it's so much more fun when we plan it.
明天 我们去给你买♥♥张床
Tomorrow, we'll get you a bed.
-买♥♥ -找
- Get? - Mm, find.
只不过我们必须非法进入别人的地盘找东西
Except we'd have to trespass to find anything.
"垃圾箱和丢弃物品必须放在房♥子后面
"Trash bins and discarded items have to stay behind your house
避免影响雅观"
to avoid the unsightly spectacle of clutter."
-不可能 -我没骗你
- No. - I kid you not.
-不 这是你自己编的 -没有
- No, you are making this up. - I'm not.
这样我们就得去二手店买♥♥了
So that we have to splurge and go to Goodwill.
我没有
No, I'm not.
我会怀念在你枕边睡的
I'll miss being next to you.
我们可以玩敲敲的游戏
We could do our knock.
在安娜堡 当时我们之间有个奇怪的隔离物
From Ann Arbor, when we had that weird partition between us?
对 我记得
Yeah, I remember.
我好爱你
I love you so much.
我也爱你
I love you, too.
我爱你
I love you.
什么事这么好笑
What's so funny?
-别拍照了 -怎么了
- You, you're-- stop taking pictures. - What?
你是我女儿 我想拍多少拍多少
You're my child, I can take as many pictures of you as I want.
-板条齐了吗 -还差两根
- Are they all there? - Uh, two slats are missing.
-我们会找到新的 -好的
- We'll find new ones. - Okay.
有小伙伴来找你了
You've got a friend.
嗨 我就是来...
Hi. I just came by to...
我妈妈是这房♥的房♥东
my mom is the landlord on the house.
我叫穆迪
I'm Moody.
-穆迪[喜怒无常] -对 是个昵称
- Moody? - Uh, yeah. It's a nickname.
珀尔
Pearl.
"我来..." 上面写的什么
"I came..." What does that say?
"我来探索废墟"
"I came to explore the wreck."
是一句诗句 艾德丽安·里奇写的
Yeah, it's, uh, it's a line from a poem. Adrienne Rich.
-我喜欢她的作品 -她很不错
- I love her writing. - Yeah, no, she's cool.
你知道她
You know her?
-不知道 -好吧
- No. - Okay.
剧集 | 星星之火 | 导航列表