剧集 | 利门敦 | 导航列表
Whatever you think it is, it's more than that.
我们说的不是那种只会改造
I mean we're not only talking about a consumer product that
人们对这个世界看法和交互的商用产品
reshapes how people think and interact with the world.
我们说的是能够瞬间
We are talking about a military product
建立无法破除的纽带的
that creates an instant communication link
一种军用化产品
in a code that can never be broken.
所以 你问问你自己
So now, ask yourself
人们为了保护它 会做到什么城府
how far somebody would go to protect that.
如果你可以统治世界
If you could rule the world,
我是说 真正的统治
and I mean really rule it,
你会允许
where would you draw the line
妨碍你成功的人走到哪一步
on allowing anything to endanger your success?
我知道你是谁
I know who you are.
你的能耐
What you can do.
我知道奥斯卡是为你建立这个地方的
I know that Oskar built this place for you.
我知道为什么我们都在这里
I know why we're all here.
相信我 我不会透露你的秘密
Believe me when I say your secret is safe with me.
我要问你
I just have to ask.
那是种什么感觉
What's it like?
天啊 弗兰基 深呼吸
Oh, my God. Frankie, breathe.
恐慌开始132天前
这真的很奇怪
This is really strange.
记住 这就像
Remember, this is just like when you
小时候玩攀爬架一样
were a kid on the monkey bars,
先抓住一根 再去抓另一根
and you hold onto one bar, and you reach for the next one.
我...
I...
我能听到未来
I can hear the future.
我能听到未来
I can hear the future.
这是一个天赋 相信这个的人
This is a gift, and anyone who believed in it
都应该得到这份奖励
should be rewarded.
这就是一开始埃米尔的想法
That was Emile's vision for this, from the beginning.
这不是参与奖 奥斯卡
This is not a participation trophy, Oskar.
事实上 我们并不知道这有多么成功
The fact is we don't know how successful it is,
得先进行一段周期的试验
until there's more testing done, period.
对 那不是我们的目标
Right, and that's not our goal.
利门墩的目标是创造
The goal of Limetown was to create
一个最低标准内可行的产品 我们已经成功了
a minimally-viable product, and we've done that.
我们应该互相恭喜 做得很好
We should be congratulating everybody on a job well done.
我们甚至能开一个披萨派对
We can even have a pizza party.
我会组织一个很棒的披萨派对
I will organize one heck of a pizza party.
好了 莱诺 告诉我
All right then, Lenore, tell me.
给镇上的所有人都安装这个有什么大碍
What is the true harm in giving this to everyone in the town?
大碍就是负担
The harm is liability.
现在 这房♥间外有很多人
Right now, a handful of people outside of this room
知道我们在做什么 这是关键
know what we're building here, and that is key.
保密是最重要的
Secrecy is paramount.
改变世界的技术就应该秘密处理
It's the way any world-altering technology should be treated.
恕我直言 这种观点并不是很有说服力
Respectfully, that is not a very compelling argument.
但莱诺的话很有道理
Lenore, though--she-- she has a very strong point.
我愿意重新考虑一下
I'm willing to reconsider.
竟然是你要考虑
You, of all people?
听着 我理解后勤的担忧
Listen, I understand the concerns of logistics
以及哈多克所想要表达的
and whatever it is that Haddock is supposed to represent.
我理解 但这是科学
I do, I understand that, but this is science.
所有优秀的实验都有对照组测试
Now, any good experiment has always had A/B testing.
我们随机分配小镇居民
We split the town randomly.
一半人安装 另一半人不安装
Half of them get it. The other half doesn't.
你明白我的意思吗
You see what I did there?
折中
Compromise.
这是一个巨大的错误
This is a massive mistake.
嗯 我觉得我们该放下了
Yeah. I think we should move on.
-我觉得 -我明白
- I think-- Duly noted,
但这由不得你来决定
but it's not your decision,
麦克斯提出了一个很好的解决办法
and Max has come up with a fair solution.
谢谢你 奥斯卡
Thank you, Oskar.
莱诺 我相信你能在这件事上保持专业的态度
Lenore, I trust you can remain professional, in the face of this.
当然了
Of course.
生物改造
被这样杀了个回马枪
Being thrown a curveball like that--
让整个镇子安装或者了解这项技术
the whole town either having or knowing about the tech--
是我始料不及的 但我是专业的
it was certainly unexpected, but I'm a professional.
我会调整
I adjusted.
我知道你是谁
I know who you are.
你好 埃米尔 请坐
Well hello, Emile. Please have a seat.
我不知道你在计划什么
I don't know what it is you're planning,
但是你的那些墙
but the wall that you've built around it
真的吓到我了
really scares the shit out of me.
你想从这个技术中得到什么 埃米尔
What do you want to come out of this technology, Emile?
不要糊弄我
And spare me the bullshit answer.
我只想变得正常
I just want to be normal.
我不...
I don't...
如果人人都能做到
if everybody has this,
那我就不用一直躲了
then I don't have to keep running.
那你就能回家了
So then you could go home,
回到你的哥哥 还有他的妻子
to your brother, and his wife,
还有你的侄女身边 对吧
and your niece, right?
莉亚
Lia?
我们的目标是一致的 埃米尔
We have the same goal, Emile,
我保证 我是最能胜任这份工作的女人
and I promise that I'm the best woman for the job.
现在这种情况不对
It isn't right what's happening--
图特做的事不对
What Totem has done.
恐慌开始93天前
我们也全力支持
We all uprooted our lives for this,
看看现在的样子
and look what's happening.
我们好像根本不存在于这里
It's like we're not even here.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
你为什么列了这个名单
Why do you have this list?
你不能趁我不在的时候
You can't just walk into my office
走进我的办公室 翻我的...
when I am not here and go through my--
少废话 莱诺
Let's cut the crap, Lenore.
你为什么有安装和未安装技术的
Why do you have a list of people
所有人员名单
with and without the tech?
这是基本信息 麦克斯 这是我的工作
It's basic information, Max. It's my job.
你不需要那些信息
You don't need that information.
我们在我的部门有相应的档案
We have the proper documentation in my department.
所有部门都是我的部门
Well, my department is all departments.
我明白了 我问你
I see. Allow me to ask you this.
为什么名单上只有一半的人有地址
Why is it that only half the list have addresses?
因为还没有填完 麦克斯
Because it's incomplete, Max.
我不喜欢让你这种人有这种名单
I don't like people like you having lists.
我会上报你的
I should report you.
麦克斯对我的怀疑是对的
Max was right to be suspect of me,
然而讽刺的是 正是这位道德制高点先生
but it was ironic that Mr. Moral Superiority
背着所有人 不顾对照组实验的原则
went behind everyone's back to give his wife the tech
给自己的妻子安装了这项技术
and disregarded all the tenets of A/B testing.
麦克斯 你为什么要这么做
Max, why did you do this?
你不能让任何人知道
You can't let anyone know
你给你的妻子也安装了这项技术
that you have given your wife the tech.
这会毁掉一切
It will destroy everything.
你要相信我
You have to trust me on this.
把她的名字排在我的后面 拜托
Just make sure her name's next to mine, please.
虽然你可能不觉得 但我的确理解
It may not seem like it, but I do understand
有时候为爱而做出的重要决定
making important decisions based on love.
我只是觉得那往往是糟糕的决定
I just think it generally leads to bad decisions.
但我理解这种过程
But I get how it happens.
我的丈夫
My husband--
前夫
well, ex-husband--
从来不想要孩子
never wanted children.
我想要 但是我的人生让我走到了
I did, but my life took me
任何人都不想追随我的黑暗中
into dark places where people don't follow you.
恐慌开始45天前
他离开我以后 他
After he left me, he...
他娶了他办公室里的一个人
剧集 | 利门敦 | 导航列表