剧集 | 利门敦 | 导航列表
-你一个人住在这里吗 -不
- Do you live here alone? - No.
但是其他人还不能和你见面
But the others are not allowed to be seen right now.
这是什么意思
What does that mean?
我连州长或其他大人物
You know, I don't speak to statesmen or magnates
甚至总统都不见 莉亚·哈多克
or even presidents, Lia Haddock,
我当然也不会和揭露丑闻者说话
and I certainly don't speak to muckrakers.
揭露丑闻者
"Muckraker."
我就当你是在夸我了
Well, I might consider that a compliment.
要来一杯吗
Care for a drink?
不用了 谢谢
No, thanks.
我能录音吗
Mind if I record?
当然可以
Absolutely not.
我的补给和药物都是在这里设计的
This is where my supplements and injections are designed.
我每两周都会进行一次输血
I receive a blood transfusion once every two weeks.
你不会变老
You're an immortalist.
年龄是一种疾病 莉亚·哈多克
Aging is a disease, Lia Haddock.
必须要好好进行治疗
It must be treated as such.
你知道我为什么不会和其他人说话吗
Do you know why I don't speak to those people?
不知道
Uh...no.
因为从宇宙上来说
Because cosmically speaking,
他们已经死了
they're already dead,
我不会在鬼魂身上浪费时间
and I don't waste time on ghosts.
但你不是鬼魂 对吗
But you're no ghost, are you?
测试 测试 一 二 三
Check, check, check, check, one, two, three.
测试 测试
Test, test, test.
很好
Okay. That's good.
你先来解释一下你在利门墩所扮演的角色
Let's start with you explaining your role in Limetown.
你说你从来没有去过利门墩
You testified that you never stepped foot in Limetown,
但我们现在有证人称
but now we have a witness--
首先 我想先声明你来打扰我的原因
I'd like to first address the nature of your intrusion.
我愿意见你是因为 沃伦·钱伯斯的证词
I'm speaking to you because, yes, Warren Chambers' testimony
称我过去去过利门墩
placed me inside Limetown during its early days.
这和我过去的声明不符
This runs counter to what I have said in the past
所以会让我招致怀疑
and therefore draws suspicion to me.
怀疑等同于打扰
Suspicion equals intrusion.
我不容许我的生活被打扰
Intrusion into my life will no longer be tolerated.
所以 我会回答你任何
Therefore, I will answer whatever questions
关于利门墩的问题
you have related to Limetown.
你将会是我在世期间
You will be the last person I speak to
最后一个交流的
outside of this bunker until such time
地堡外的人
as I am no longer living,
但我不想停止
and I do not intend to stop.
停止什么
Stop what?
活着
Living.
我先说清楚 你是说
To be perfectly clear, you are saying
你在实验期间
that you were present in Limetown
也在利门墩
while it was in operation.
-对吗 -对 就两天
- Is that correct? - Yes, for two days.
为什么只待了两天
Why only two days?
我看到我需要看到的结果了
I saw what I needed to see.
是什么
Which was?
成功
Success.
很抱歉 我有严格的摄入时间表
Apologies. I have a schedule to maintain.
你问我所扮演的角色
You were asking about my role.
是的
Yes.
你死人资助了整个实验
You personally financed the entire operation,
我们最近才得知其内容
which we finally have some insight into.
这个实验的目标
Now, the pitch itself...
可以说是天方夜谭
if not far-fetched, is at least ambitious.
你问我为什么要资助
You're asking why did I do it.
是的
Yes.
我曾经相信人性
I believed in humanity.
所以我才建立了李罗尔的一切
That was why I built what I built in RheaLore.
李罗尔早期的目标
RheaLore's mission from its earliest days
就是连接世界
was to connect the world,
我曾经做到过
and I did, for a time.
我们都知道李罗尔当初是垄断企业
Yes, we are very familiar with the RheaLore monopoly.
但是李罗尔的霸业是建立在电线的世界上
But the monolith of RheaLore was built atop a world of wires,
当这个世界
and when it became apparent
显然已经不需要电线后
that the world no longer required wires,
已经太迟了
it was too late.
李罗尔迅速地
RheaLore became irrelevant
被时代所淘汰
with frightening efficiency.
然后奥斯卡·图特出现了
And then there was Oskar Totem.
奥斯卡·图特向我描述了一个只有连接的世界
What Oskar Totem described to me was a world of pure connection,
超越物理设备 超越屏幕 甚至超越
communication beyond physical devices, beyond screens,
你想象力的连接
beyond your wildest imagination--
那就是我想要的一切
all I'd ever wanted.
我当时并不相信他
I did not believe him.
那是什么让你信服了
So what convinced you?
他让我想象我在这个世界上最想要的东西
He told me to imagine what I wanted most in the world
然后我会在那晚梦到那个东西
and that night, I would dream of it.
那一晚 我的确梦到了
And indeed, that night, a vision came to me.
我走在一个小镇上
I was walking around a town.
那是我的故乡
It was my hometown,
我生长的地方
where I grew up,
但是更加明亮
only better, brighter.
我的家人也在 我所有的朋友都在
My family was there, all of my friends,
他们所有人的身体都很健康
all of them strong, all of them whole.
没有人因为战争而死去
No one had left for war.
没有人因为癌症而死去
No one was rotted out from cancer.
那就像是在我的脑海中冻结的那一刻
It was like living in that moment frozen in your mind
我一直在追寻 却永远无法到达的那一刻
that you can never get back, that you're always chasing.
我们无需开口 无需费力
We spoke to one another without speaking,
就能交流
without effort.
我们一直在一起
We were together, always.
我感受到周围的人对我的爱是那么强烈
And the love I felt for those around me was so intense.
第二天 我就给图特开了一张140亿的支票
The next day, I wrote Totem a check for $14 billion.
可惜 我再也没有做过那个梦
I sadly never had that vision again.
图特怎么控制你的梦的
How could Totem incept you?
我们对于宇宙的了解
We understand more about the universe
都比对于人脑的了解要多
than we do about the human brain,
而我们对宇宙可以说是一无所知
and we understand basically nothing about the universe.
虽然你的常识认为地球是圆的 莉亚·哈多克
Despite evidence to the contrary, Lia Haddock,
但这个世界是平的
the world is flat,
我见过了其边界
and I have seen over its edges.
我不是想要一个解释
I do not ask for an explanation.
我总是会做好最坏的打算
I only prepare for the worst.
你所做的打算
Was part of your preparation
包括协助利门墩集体失踪事件吗
assisting in the mass disappearance of Limetown?
当然没有
Absolutely not.
你所做的打算
Is part of your preparation
包括雇人威胁我并杀死沃伦·钱伯斯吗
to hire someone to threaten me and to kill Warren Chambers?
你很高看你自己
You think very highly of yourself, I see.
你是承认了吗
Is that a yes?
我是否认了
That is a no.
你为什么要在国会面前做伪证
Why did you perjure yourself in front of Congress?
因为我可以
Because I could.
我不怀念那个地方
I did not mourn that place.
我只怀念麦克斯·芬拉森
I only mourn Max Finlayson.
麦克斯·芬拉森 为什么
Max Finlayson? Why?
如果说这世界上有上帝
If there was a god for this world,
她肯定只会拯救麦克斯
Max would be what she would send to save it.
麦克斯自己也清楚
And he knew it too.
这世上比他的聪明才智更甚的只有他的骄傲
The only thing larger than his intellect was his ego.
但是他所建造的东西是基石的变革
But what he was able to build was a foundational shift,
是能够颠覆地轴的东西
something that would have tilted the axis of the Earth.
心灵沟通
Mind-to-mind communication.
是的
Yes.
真的有这项技术吗
Is that technology real?
剧集 | 利门敦 | 导航列表