剧集 | 小律师大作为(2011) | 导航列表
Denny, I hate to tell you this,
丹尼 我也不想这么说
but someone just hit pause on your new life.
但有人掐断你的新生活咯
Oh, come in. Come in, Damien.
进来 进来吧 达米恩
You wanted to see me? Yes. How are you?
你想见我 是 你还好吗
Thanks for coming. We -- we were just talking.
感谢你过来 我们正说着
Um, it seems that there's a backlash
有些客户对你的审判
from some of the clients regarding the pending trial.
反应很激烈
Vanden Pharma, Carlson Savings.
万登制药 卡尔森储蓄
They're afraid judges' rulings could be prejudiced against them
他们害怕法官会由于丁斯岱的缘故
because of Dinsdale,
对他们有偏见
which is why I worked out a deal
所以我今早和地方检察官埃弗雷特
with D.A. Everett this morning.
谈了笔交易
You did what?
你说什么
Three years of anger-management classes
三年的愤怒管理课程
and 500 hours of community service
五百小时社区服务
in exchange for a plea of reckless endangerment.
以换取只判"鲁莽危害罪"
It's a gift.
你可赚了
I'm not interested. I need to clear my name.
我没兴趣 我要恢复名誉
Stanton, you back me up, right?
斯坦顿 你是支持我的吧
It's a good deal, Damien.
很划算的 达米恩
All we want to do is to keep you out jail.
我们这样做也是不想让你进监狱
You're asking me to trade my reputation for the firm's.
你们是要我牺牲自己的声誉来换取公♥司♥的声誉
You have 48 hours before the deal's off the table.
你有四十八个小时考虑 过时不候
How could they legally take something
他们怎么能合法地拿走
that doesn't -- that doesn't belong to them?
不属于他们的东西呢
Title IV of the Homeland Security Act
国土安全法的第四章
gives the government permission
使政♥府♥有权检验
to verify all weapons of terrorism.
任何可用于恐怖袭击的武器
It's a rock, not a nuke.
那是一块石头 又不是核弹
Yeah, they're both four-letter words
是 但对政♥府♥来讲
to the government until proven otherwise.
除非证明没危险 否则都一样
Speaking of weapons of mass destruction, 11:00.
说到大规模杀伤性武器 十一点方向
How could you lose a meteorite?
你们怎么能把陨石弄丢了呢
Technically, we didn't lose it.
严格来说 我们没弄丢
It was taken from us.
是别人从我们这里拿走的
Yes, a Dr. Stephen Hall. Stephan.
是一个叫斯蒂芬·霍尔的博士 是斯蒂凡
Stephan Hall.
斯蒂凡·霍尔
He runs a space research firm
他经营着一家太空研究公♥司♥
that's contracted by the government.
专接政♥府♥合同
Yep, they already cleared the rock of hazardous material,
他们已经查明了那块石头没有有害物质
but they're keeping it for further research.
但是要做进一步研究
Government-backed corporations are like legal quicksand.
受政♥府♥支持的公♥司♥就是法律黑洞
Yeah, w-what's up with Karp?
对 卡普怎么样
I'm getting him a slap on the wrist.
略施惩戒
He's pleading out? No way.
他认罪了吗 不是吧
Will you let us in?
让我们接这个案子吧
So, what's plan "B" with the rock?
针对那块石头有什么后备方案
We're taking Denny out for beers and brainstorming.
我们打算带丹尼出去喝点酒 好好想想
That's where we do our best thinking.
我们一般都这样进入最佳状态
Oh, no, thanks, guys. I actually don't drink.
不 谢了 我其实不喝酒
I'm part Irish.
我有部分爱尔兰血统
Well, not all Irish drinkers have drinking problems.
也不是所有喝酒的爱尔兰人都有酗酒问题
Yeah, but I'm also Minniekopa Indian.
是 但我还有印第安明尼卡帕族的血统
Both my parents were alcoholics, so...
我父母都是酒鬼 所以
You're Minniekopa?
你有明尼卡帕血统
Yeah, 1/16th blood on my dad's side.
是 从我父亲那边遗传到十六分之一的血统
Skip the drinks. Dinner's on me tonight.
别喝酒了 今晚我请客
I might have just found your plan "B."
我也许有你们可以用的后备方案
Mr. Hughes plays dominoes with Judge Dinsdale
休斯先生和丁斯岱法官每周二都会
every Tuesday.
玩多米诺
Now, I already told this to the police.
我已经都告诉过警♥察♥了
If it's all right with you, I've got a club to manage.
你们不介意的话 我还有俱乐部要打理呢
We're trying to find someone the police might have missed
我们正在找警♥察♥可能漏掉的
who can confirm Damien accidentally hit Judge Dinsdale.
能够证明达米恩误杀了丁斯岱法官的人
Well, they interviewed my entire staff.
他们问遍了我的员工
Right, but it could be, like, a maintenance worker or a caddie,
是 但可能有维修工或是球僮
someone who's afraid to lose their job for speaking up.
那些怕说出真♥相♥就会丢掉工作的人
Well, our GPS system tracks every golf cart
出于责任要求 我们的卫星定位
and maintenance vehicle on the course
会追踪在球场上的每一辆
for liability purposes.
高尔夫球车和维修车
The cart system also displays how far you are from the green,
车辆系统还会显示你离绿地有多远
keeps score, even lets you order food and beverage.
负责记分 甚至能帮你点餐
It's really innovative.
真是高端大气上档次
Yeah, I don't want to buy one, Karp.
嗯 我可没想买♥♥ 卡普
Now, as you can see,
如你们所见
There were only two carts on the 14th hole.
十四号♥洞周围只有两辆车
You and Judge Dinsdale in cart number 43
你和丁斯岱法官在四十三号♥车
and Mr. Infeld and Mr. Hughes in cart number 26.
而因菲尔德和休斯先生在二十六号♥车
Okay, so, that's us in the gully, right?
我们就在那个小沟里 是吧
Hold up -- what's the time stamp on cart 26
等一下 二十六号♥车是什么时候
when it drove by the gully?
驶过小沟的
Uh... 12:43.
十二点四十三
43. Wait. 12:43.
四十三 等一下 十二点四十三
So if -- if Stanton was hitting from the rough
如果斯坦顿在深草区打球的时间
between 12:40 and 12:45,
是在12:40到12:45之间
that means his partner was still driving the cart.
就意味着他的搭档那时还在开车
Which means Hughes wasn't in the sand trap.
那休斯就没在沙坑里
Then he saw everything.
他就看见了所有经过
Because JXP receives federal funding as a private firm,
因为JXP是一家接受联邦资助的私营企业
we can go after the meteorite for your people.
我们能为你的族人去要回陨石
Whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa. "Your people"?
"为你的族人"
A little insensitive, Rachel.
瑞秋 有点反应不过来了
Well, the Minnekopa are his people.
明尼卡帕人就是他的族人
They're a tribe under the Anasazi, who worship the sky,
他们是阿那萨齐族的一个部落 崇拜天空
making the meteorite an artifact Denny can reclaim.
陨石就成丹尼能够收回的文化产物
Using NAGPRA.
使用《保护和归还法》
W-what's NAGPRA?
《保护和归还法》是什么
It's a federal law that returns native American
联邦法规定把美洲原住民文化产物
cultural items to their tribes.
归还其部落
Exploiting disenfranchised groups --
利用被剥夺权利的团体...
It's not really our thing.
这不是我们的风格
Yeah, it's unethical, totally uncool.
就是 太不道德了 完全无下限
Let's get something straight --
把话挑明了说
I'm the only lawyer at this table
这桌律师里
who's never been in contempt.
只有我没被判过藐视法庭
And whether or not it's uncool is irrelevant.
无论是无下限还是不恰当
What's relevant is getting the meteorite back.
把陨石拿回来才有意义
Oh, I'm sorry. We -- we didn't order dessert.
不好意思 我们没点甜点
Oh, they're on the house.
甜点免费的
Could I get a photo, meteor man?
我能和陨石男拍张照吗
Uh, sure.
当然可以
We're not the only ones calling the shots on this case.
这案子不只我们说了算
Yeah. What do you say, meteor man?
对 陨石男 你怎么说
Before the meteorite,
在陨石事件之前
my clients barely knew my name,
我的客户几乎都不知道我的名字
and now I got complete strangers buying me cheesecake.
而现在 陌生人会请我吃起司蛋糕
I think I'd like to see where it takes me.
我想看看陨石能让我的生活变怎样
All right.
好吧
Let's make you an official Minnekopa and find out.
那你就做个正式的明尼卡帕人去找答案吧
It's like Mars.
这里像火星一样
It's hotter than Mars.
比火星热
Further.
热多了
Oh, yeah, r-remember --
好了 记住
when we present ourselves to the tribal chief,
我们见部落酋长时
make direct eye contact and say,
一定要直视着对方说
uh, "Oki ni-kso-ko-wa," which means...
"Oki ni-kso-ko-wa" 意思是...
Hi. Yeah.
你好 对
Yeah, we've been boning up, too.
我们也突击学了下
Okay, we -- we should probably go over
我们应该再复习一下
the Minnekopa greeting custom again.
明尼卡帕人的迎宾习俗
剧集 | 小律师大作为(2011) | 导航列表