剧集 | 小律师大作为(2011) | 导航列表
It's just the name "Tess."
就是这名字苔丝
Does she know you call her that?
她知道你那样叫她吗
Really?
不是吧
No, I-I love kids.
没呢 我很喜欢孩子的
We could bring her along. Yeah.
我们可以把她也带来 真的
Now you're overcompensating, but it's fine.
你现在就有点反应过度了 不过没关系
I'll get a sitter, okay? Okay.
我去找个保姆 行吧 好的
See you friday. All right.
那就周五见 行
Okay. Can't wait.
好的 都等不及了
Sure?
真的不要吗
Relax,
放松点
a lot of women dating these days have kids.
如今很多出来约会的女人都有孩子
I can't take care of a kid.
我照顾不了孩子
I can barely take care of myself.
我连自己都照顾不好
Okay, seriously,
好吧 说真的
One date's not gonna make you the kid's new dad.
一次约会不会让你成为孩子的新爸爸的
Single moms are protective, but
单身妈妈的保护意识很强 但
it could be months before she trusts you enough
也许要过几个月 她才会完全信任你
to meet the kid, anyway.
让你见孩子
At dinner, if the conversation is all --
晚餐的时候 如果所有的话题...
What's the kid's name? Tess.
那孩子叫什么来着 苔丝
The conversation's all tess all the time,
如果话题一直围绕着苔丝的话
Then you know she doesn't have enough time for you,
那你就知道她没有足够的时间和你在一起
But if there's a balance,
但如果话题在你和孩子之间
you're all good.
你就不用担心了
That's what I'm saying -- I should have fortune cookies.
我就这意思 我该去吃点签饼
Hello?
你好
Okay. Yeah, thank you.
好的 行 谢谢你
Noelle Gardner's dead.
诺艾尔·加德纳死了
Noelle? What happened?
诺艾尔 发生什么事了
She fall off mount whitney?
她从惠特尼山上摔下来了
She never even made it.
她还没去爬山呢
She was murdered.
她被人杀了
How was Noelle killed?
诺艾尔是怎么被杀的
By banana.
被香蕉杀死的
Banana?
香蕉
She developed an intense allergy, by product of her cure.
治疗导致她产生了一种急性过敏反应
Banana was deliberately laced into her food
香蕉被故意掺入了她的食物里
and sent over by the regular delivery service.
然后通过日常送餐服务 送到了她那里
My god.
我的天呐
And you two are going to represent the man charged with doing it.
而你们俩将为被告做辩护
Wait. What?
等等 什么
We are gonna represent a killer?
我们要为杀人犯辩护
Alleged killer. Come.
是嫌疑杀人犯 来吧
Everyone has the right to a defense.
每个人都有权获得辩护
I myself was accused of murder.
我本人也曾被指控谋杀
We know. We defended you.
我们知道 是我们为你做的辩护
Three times, twice falsely.
三次辩护 两次被冤枉
Look, I met with him.
听着 我已经见过他了
I'm convinced that he didn't do it.
我很确信这事不是他做的
Get karp! Why us?
去找卡普 为什么是我们
Because the client asked for you.
因为客户指明要你们俩
He believes that you -- and you alone --
他相信你们 只有你们
understand how he ticks.
能够理解他的为人
Boys...
小伙子们
Meet your new client.
来见见你们的新客户
What do you know about honeybees?
你对蜜蜂了解多少
What don't I know about honeybees?
无所不知
A beekeeper in Venice
威尼斯的一位蜜蜂养殖户
is being sued by the city for public nuisance.
将要因为公害罪名而被起诉
A couple of bees flew into some kid's birthday party.
几只蜜蜂闯进了一个孩子的生日派对
Kids.
又是孩子
They are trying to shut the beekeeper down.
他们打算让这家养殖户停业
I'd like you to handle the case
我希望你能去社委会
in front of the community association.
处理这个案子
Problem?
有问题吗
No, it just...
没有 只是
it seems a little lighter than our usual fare.
办这种小案子不太像我们一贯的风格
Then I'm sure you can dispense with it in an afternoon.
那我相信你在一个下午里就能搞定
Awesome.
好极了
So, they're charging you with manslaughter.
那么 他们打算以过失杀人罪来起诉你
Coroner's report says Noelle was poisoned
法医报告里说诺艾尔是死于中毒
by banana extract injected into the food
死因是每天早晨三点到四点的时候
that she had delivered to her building's lobby
她让人送到她公♥寓♥大厅里的食物中
every day between 3:00 and 4:00 A.M.
被注入了香蕉提取物
And since her, uh, allergy came on after the cure,
在治疗之后她出现的过敏反应
only three people knew about it besides Noelle's family --
除了诺艾尔的家人 只有三个人知道
Her insurance agent, her allergist, and --
她的保险代理人 过敏医师 还有
And you.
还有你
Where were you between 3:00 and 4:00 A.M.
送食物那天的三点到四点这段时间
the day the food was delivered?
你在哪里
I was sleeping...
我当时在睡觉
Alone, so no alibi.
一个人 所以没不在场证明
But I-I do have a motive.
但我 我也确实有动机
After Noelle's death, her benefits inure to me.
诺艾尔死后 她的保险受益人是我
And up until she found her Amazon cure,
而在她找到亚马逊疗法之前
- we were lovers. -Wait. What, now?
我们一直是恋人 等等 什么
I suspect that
我怀疑
she instigated it to encourage me to buy her policy.
她故意怂恿我去买♥♥她的保单
And she dumped me, so you can add that
后来她就甩了我 所以你可以
To my list of motives for killing her.
在我的杀人动机里加上这一条
Sure. We'll do that. Yep. Okay.
当然 我们会的 行 好的
We're done. Yeah.
聊到这里吧 是的
We don't validate.
我们不会辩护的
Wendell, how did it go?
温德尔 事情如何了
Not well.
不太顺利
This is my assistant, Jill. I don't drive.
这是我的助理 吉尔 我不开车的
You're not gonna represent him?
你们不为他辩护吗
It's okay.
没关系
No, I have worked with Wendell for six years.
不 我同温德尔共事六年
He helps people.
他帮助他人
By short-buying their lives?
通过短期买♥♥断他们的生命吗
By allowing terminally ill patients
通过给予绝症病人们
a chance to live out their dreams
一个实现他们梦想的机会
and have a full life before they die.
让他们在死前拥有一次圆♥满♥的人生
Explain what you do with the money.
和他们解释下你用那些钱做了什么
No, it's not worth it. They don't care.
不 没必要 他们不在乎
Actually, go ahead. Tell us.
说实话 我们想知道 告诉我们吧
He donates 30% to the foundation of the illness they die of.
他将30%捐给了他们死于疾病的基金会
30%. Oh. What about the 70%?
30% 还有70%呢
42.5% support my elderly mother and aunt,
42.5%用来赡养我年迈的母亲和阿姨
and the other 27.5% I'm saving...
还有剩下27.5%我存起来了
to retire in Italy,
供退休后在意大利的开销
my spiritual home.
那儿是我的精神家园
Look, I understand that my job doesn't make me
我明白 我的工作使我不能成为
the most sympathetic person,
一个值得同情的人
But I did not kill Noelle.
但我没有杀害诺艾尔
Give us a moment.
让我们商量下
What are you thinking here?
你有什么想法吗
Do we have a choice?
我们有得选吗
Well, Stanton believes him. Yeah.
好吧 斯坦顿信任他 是啊
You know, if we take the case,
要知道 倘若我们接手这桩案件
the judge isn't gonna let us use
法官不会让我们使用
any of the evidence from Noelle's civil case.
任何来自诺艾尔民事案件中的证据
It's gonna be a firewall.
那将是道风火墙
Okay.
好吧
All right, we'll, uh, take your case.
好的 我们会接手你的案子
Wow. Great.
太棒了
Coming here,
来的时候
I put the odds of you taking this at 8-to-1,
我将你们接手案件的可能性定为八分之一
剧集 | 小律师大作为(2011) | 导航列表