但下次,我将不得不请你离开,好吗?
But next time, I am gonna have to ask you to leave, okay?
永远离开吗?
Leave for good?
只是直到你能够重新加入小组
Just until you're able to rejoin the group
并且不再打断他人参与
and participate without interruption
好吗? - 这很公平
Yeah? - That's fair
好的,谢谢
Okay Thank you
白人至上主义本质上创造了一个系统
White supremacy has essentially created a system
由悲伤驱动,
driven by grief,
这就是为什么我们在这里讨论
and that is why we are here to discuss
特别是白人的悲伤
white grief in particular
我想请你们闭上眼睛
I would like you to close your eyes
用接下来的30秒
and spend the next 30 seconds
思考一下,
thinking about,
那种失落在你们身体里是什么感觉?
what does that loss feel like in your body? what does that loss feel like in your body?
感觉就像上千把刀
It feels like a thousand knives
刺穿我的灵魂
plunging into my soul
还有一个麻袋
And a sack being
被棒球棍和砖头击打
hit by bats and bricks
然后整个麻袋被扔进海里
And the whole sack is thrown into the ocean
谢谢
Thank you
这就是那种感觉
That's what it feels like
而且非常...这是
And it's very it's
哦,嗯 - 什么?
Oh, um - What?
我们现在轮到她了
We're moving to her now
我...我还没说完,我...我还没说完
I I didn't finish,I I didn't finish
请继续
Please finish
嗯
Um
麻袋被扔进海里,
The sack's thrown into the ocean,
然后麻袋被捞出来,
then the sack's taken out,
接着被点燃
and it's set on fire
谢谢 - 就是这种感觉
Thank you - That's what it feels like
我在以白人为主的环境中
度过了很多时间
I have spent a lot of time in primarily white spaces
不管是好是坏,所以
For better or worse,So
这是有代价的
And that has come with a cost
要多久才会出现
How long will it take until
下一个微歧视?
the next microaggression comes up?
这些是我每次都要承受的事情
These are things that I carry every time,These are things that I carry every time
当我身处以白人为主的房♥间里
I am in a room with primarily white people
你在这里是安全的
You're safe here
我想我代表我们所有人说,
I think I speak for all of us when I say,
在这个房♥间里
in this room
我
I
再打断一次 - 白人朋友们
One more interruption - White folks
我就得请你再次离开了
I'm gonna have to ask you to step out again
好的,我只是想安慰你
Okay I just wanted to reassure you
谢谢,我很感激
Thank you,I appreciate that
我只是想 - 谢谢
I just want to - Thanks
那么,当你听到"白人"这个词时
So, what do you feel in your body
你的身体有什么感觉?
when you hear the term "white people"?
我感觉,像是,对此感到不舒服
I feel, like, a cringe about it
"不舒服"是个不错的词
"Cringe" is a good word
不舒服?是吗? - 我想不出一个词,
Cringe? Yeah? - I couldn't pick a word, -Cringe? Yeah? - I couldn't pick a word,
但那是一个很好的问题 - 好的
but that's a very good one -Okay
当你问这个问题时,我内心感觉到,
As soon as you asked the question, I felt,
在直觉上
inside, like a gut
有点刺痛 "呃"
a little bit of a poke "Ugh "
我想这是出于所有的原因,
And I think it's for all of the reasons,
但也有一点愤怒 - 嗯嗯
but also a little anger -Mm-hmm
对白人性作为那个谎言
at whiteness as, um, that lie
就是,"呃!"
Just, "ugh!"
嗯嗯 谢谢
Mm-hmm Thank you
关于
The thing about
我要出去一会儿
I'm gonna step out for a moment
谢谢 感谢
Thank you Appreciate that
关于
The thing about
哪个是哭泣室?哪个是哭泣室?
Which one is the cry room? Which one is the cry room?
左边第二扇门
The second door to the left
谢谢
Thank you
我在哭泣室的时间
My time in the cry room
让我得到了非常需要的
反思和自我关怀,
allowed me some much-needed reflection and self-care,
但当我离开房♥间后,
but with me out of the room,
小组把两件事联♥系♥在一起,意识到了
the group put two and two together and realized
我的真实身份
who I actually was
不是一个叫史蒂文的人
Not a guy named Steven
当我最终回来时,
When I finally returned,
情况发生了巨大的变化
things were drastically different
当我做这项工作时
小组中的白人参与者
When I do this work, the, uh, white participants
感觉他们自己内心
有些东西需要克服
in the group feel that there's something in themselves in the group feel that there's something in themselves
他们必须克服
that they have to overcome
而实际上
When all that's
你只需要
being requested of you
做到
is that you be
你好 - 嗨
Hello -Hi
你好吗?
How are you?
抱歉 - 哦,没问题
Sorry about that - Oh, no problem
你还好吗? - 嗯
You good? - Yeah
再提醒我一下你的名字?
Remind me of your name again?
呃...呃,史蒂文
Uh Uh, Steven
史蒂文?是吗?好的
Steven? Yeah? Okay
嗯
Um
你想上来吗? - 上来?
Did you want to come up? - Come up?
是的 你想上来分享些什么吗?
Yeah Do you wanna come up and share anything?
当然,你想让我分享什么?
Sure,What do you want me to share? Sure,What do you want me to share?
任何你想说的
Whatever's on your mind
我只是想知道
比如说,我的人身安全
I just want to know that, like, my physical safety
还有你的和在场所有人的安全
是否有保障
and yours and everybody else's here is okay
为什么你的人身安全会有问题?
Why would your physical safety not be okay?
我错过了什么吗?
Did I miss something?
我感觉很不舒服
I don't feel comfortable
什么?你们能不能
What Can you guys
告诉我这里到底发生了什么?
catch me up to speed on what's going on here?
你不需要知道
You don't need to be caught up
我们要保持沉默
We're gonna be silent
是因为我说我有17个黑人朋友吗?
Is it because I said,I had 17 Black friends?
可能是15个 我
It might have been 15 I
这取决于你怎么数
It depends on how you count them
如果你能离开的话我会非常感激,
I would really appreciate it if you left,
这样真正想在这里的人
so that the people who actually want to be here
和应该在这里的人
就能得到他们需要的东西
and deserve to be here can get what they need
我确实想在这里 - 你能请离开吗?
I do want to be here - Can you please leave?
我希望你离开
I would like it if you left
我在试图学习,我在这个旅程中
I'm trying to learn,I'm on this journey
跟我来
Come with me
好吧 - 谢谢
Well -Thank you
我没有 我没有同意被触碰
I didn't I didn't consent to be touched
我没有要触碰你
I'm not offering to touch you
我只是要送你出去
I'm offering to walk you out
你愿意和我一起走吗
我会回答你的问题
Will you walk with me, and,I'll answer your questions?
好吧 我承认
Okay I'll admit it
我承认,我的名字不是史蒂文
I'll admit it,My name's not Steven
嗯
Hmm
也许你们已经知道了
Maybe you already knew that
我的名字是马特·沃尔什
My name is Matt Walsh
嗯哼 - 嗯哼 我们知道
Mm-hmm - Mm-hmm We know
我只是在这里
I just was here on this
在这个我刚开始的旅程上,但是
on this journey that I'm just starting, but
电影精选列表