弗兰克叔叔
Uncle Frank
那是20年前
It was 20 years ago
你和我们一起坐在餐桌旁,
that you sat at the dinner table with us,
从那以后没有一天
and not a day has gone by
我没有想起这件事
that I haven't thought about this
你坐在那张餐桌旁,
You sat at that dinner table,
你说了你所谓的一个
and you made what you said was a
"玩笑"
"joke "
你问了一个问题,墨西哥人和野餐桌
You asked the question, what's the difference
有什么区别?
between a Mexican man and a picnic table?
答案是 ——
And the answer was,
野餐桌能养活一个五口之家
a picnic table can support a family of five
你还在笑
You're still laughing
我们当时都笑了
We all laughed at the table
我也笑了
I laughed
但我感到害怕和困惑
But I was scared and confused
我是个懦夫
And I was a coward
但我不会再当懦夫了,弗兰克叔叔
But I'm not gonna be a coward anymore, uncle Frank,But I'm not gonna be a coward anymore, uncle Frank
你没有权利讲那样的笑话!
You had no right to make that joke!
拉丁裔美国人,他们来到这个国家
Latinx Americans, they come to this country
并且努力工作!
and they work hard!
你那个小笑话把他们非人化了
And your little joke dehumanizes
这一点都不好笑!
It is not funny!
弗兰克叔叔,
Uncle Frank,
嘲笑边缘群体根本不好笑!
it is not funny to mock marginalized people!
这不是玩笑!
It's not a joke!
这一点都不好笑
It's not funny
弗兰克叔叔
Uncle Frank
好的,谁想下一个发言?
Okay Who wants to go next?
有人想对弗兰克叔叔说些什么吗?
Does anybody have some words for Uncle Frank?
我们今天要打破白人的沉默
We're breaking the white silence here today
呃,6号♥,你是西班牙裔
Uh, number six, you're of Hispanic descent
你有什么想法?
What are your thoughts?
嗯,我有很多想法,
Mm, I have a lot of thoughts,
但我觉得对他说也是浪费
but I just feel like it would be wasted on him
但我确实有一件事要说
But I do have one thing to say
如果...经你允许
If With your permission
你
you
是的,伙计...你
Yeah, man you
嗯
Mm
我不和我家里任何人说话
I don't talk to anyone in my family
因为他们都是
种族主义的白人垃圾
because they're all racist white pieces of trash
以各种不同的方式,
in a lot of different ways,
但种族主义是最主要的原因
but the racism is the biggest reason
我已经切断了我生活中的每个人,
I have cut off every person in my life,
包括我的父母,
including my mother and father,
祖父母,所有人,我一点都不在乎
grandparents, everything,I do not give a
有力量
Powerful
这个信息很清晰
The message, it's clear
好的,本
Okay, Ben
呃,如果你不介意的话
Uh, if you wouldn't mind
谢谢,弗兰克叔叔
Thanks, Uncle Frank
周末见
See you this weekend
好了,情绪很高涨,
All right Emotions are high,
现在我们终于进入了第九步
and this is where we finally get to step nine
我们必须问自己,我们准备好了吗
We have to ask ourselves, are we ready for
迎接治愈的痛苦?
the healing pain?
现在,
Now,
这是我们进入
自我鞭笞环节的时候了,
this is when we get to the self-flagellation portion,
这是最后一步
which is the final step
哇 -你介意拿个鞭子吗?
Wow - Would you mind taking a whip?
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you Thank you
这是什么
What is
伙计,这太荒谬了
Dude, this is ridiculous
我要走了 你疯了 -我也是
I'm outta here You're nuts - Me too
我受不了了 -嗯
I can't do this - Um
我尝试过了,伙计
我真的尝试过了,我真的受够了
I tried, man I tried,I'm seriously done
我说过这会让人不舒服的
I said it was gonna be uncomfortable
为什么他们不愿意鞭打自己?
Why weren't they willing to whip themselves?
等等 为什么这些人
愿意鞭打自己?
Wait Why were these people willing to whip themselves?
这一切感觉都不对劲
None of this feels right
嗯
Um
等等
Hang on
这可能太过分了
This is probably too far
好了,工作坊结束了,结束了
Okay, the workshop's over,It's over
那就是,那是第九步,所以
That was,That's step nine, so
是的,结束了 真的
Yeah, it's over Seriously
是的 谢谢 好的
Yep Thanks Okay
我在做什么?
What am I doing?
我变成了什么样的人?
What have I become?
我是在让世界变得更好
Am I making the world better
还是只是在利用人们的
种族罪恶感牟利?
or am I just profiting on people's racial guilt?
这一切都错了
This is all wrong
我遵循了反种族主义的指导,
I followed the anti-racist playbook,
结果却导致了灾难
and it led to disaster
在美国各地,
All across America,
许多公♥司♥都设立了
many companies have implemented a division
多元化、公平和包容部门
of diversity, equity, and inclusion
在工作场所拥有这个很重要
And it's important to have this in the workplace
无论组织规模大小
no matter how big or small the organization may be
今天早上加入我们的是马特,
Joining us this morning is Matt,
一位认证的多元化、公平和包容专家
a certified diversity, equity, and inclusion expert
早上好
Good morning
早上好
Morning
告诉我们你的经历
Tell us about your journey
老实说,不太好 嗯,老实说,不太好
It hasn't been great, honestly Um,It hasn't been great, honestly Um
是的
Yeah
是什么促使你主持这个工作坊的?
And what led you to host this workshop?
为什么这是一项重要的倡议,
Why is this an important initiative,
你是如何组织这个研讨会的?
and how did you go about putting the workshop together?
我们刚刚举办了一个研讨会,
We just did a workshop,
呃,
uh,
你知道,进行得不太顺利,老实说,我会
you know, it didn't go well,Honestly, I'd
它
It
我认为它弊大于利
I think it's doing more harm than good
这整件事就是个骗局,我不知道
This whole thing's a scam, I don't know
所以当我们思考多样性、公平
So when we think about diversity, equity,
和包容性时,正如我们提到的,有一些
and inclusion, as we mentioned, there are,
嗯,组织应该关注的要点
um, keys to what an organization should focus on
那么你认为
我们可能想要进行的学习
So what would you say is, uh, the key for the learning
的关键是什么?
that we may want to be doing?
即使我们还没有完全准备好,对吧?
Even if we're not quite there yet, right?
就是,呃
Just, uh
就去过你的生活吧
Just go live your life
我得走了
I gotta go
黑人,对吧?
Black, right?
是的 谢谢
Yeah Thanks
好久没在这里见到你了
Haven't seen you around here in a while
是啊,我一直在外面做工作
Yeah,I been out doing the work
嗯?嗯?
Huh? Huh?
一直在做工作
Been doing the work
那是什么意思?
What does that mean?
嗯
Well
《白人脆弱性》
White Fragility
是一个很好的起点
is a really great place to start
我们现在不能
再无视肤色的原因是,
The reason we cannot be colorblind now,
我们仍在解决这个问题
电影精选列表