剧集 | 北海鲸梦(2021) | 导航列表
我想知道
I wonder
你是不是胆量够大
if your bollocks are mighty big enough.
巴克斯特
Baxter.
巴克斯特
Baxter.
什么
What?
你能告诉巴克斯特先生
Could you tell Mr. Baxter
我急着要见他 好吗
that I need to see him rather urgently, please?
请问你哪位
And who are you?
我是他的医生
I'm his surgeon.
在这儿等着
Wait in here.
他在书房♥等你
He'll see you in his study.
进来
Come in!
你需要来点什么吗 巴克斯特先生
Is there anything I can get you, Mr. Baxter?
不用了谢谢 梅 你今晚可以走了
No, thank you, Mae. You can leave me for tonight.
我和萨姆纳先生还有很多事要谈
Me and Mr. Sumner have much to discuss.
你不用这样
You don't need that.
我觉得这应该由我来决定而不是你
I'd say that's for me to decide, not you.
只是一个友好的建议 仅此而已
Well, just a friendly suggestion, that's all.
不管今晚到底发生了什么
Whatever exactly has happened tonight,
我相信我们不需要武器也能解决问题
I'm sure we can resolve it without the need for firearms.
你的计划到底是什么
What exactly was your plan?
我什么计划
My plan?
你的人史蒂文斯死了
Your man Stevens is dead.
别装傻了
Do not play the fool.
让我...
Uh... Let me, uh...
在你妄下结论之前
explain something to you, Patrick,
给你解释一下 帕特里克
before you jump to any quick conclusions.
史蒂文斯是个好人 积极又忠诚
Stevens was a good man. Willing, loyal.
但是 有些人你是无法控制他的
But there are some men who can't be controlled.
就这么简单
That's the simple truth of it.
他们恶毒又愚蠢
They're too vicious and too stupid.
他们不听从命令
They won't take orders.
他们不想被人牵着鼻子
They won't be led.
比如亨利·德拉克斯这样的人
A man like Henry Drax, for example.
对每个人来说都是颗定时炸♥弹♥
A grave danger to everyone.
他不服从上级 只服从他自己和他邪恶的欲望
He obeys no master but himself and his vile urges.
所以 像我这样的人
So, where a man like myself,
一个诚实又明智的人
an honest man, a man of good sense,
发现自己手里有个不守规矩的王八蛋
discovers that he has such an unruly fucker in his employ,
唯一的问题就是 在他毁了我和我的一切之前
the only question is, how best may I rid myself of him
我怎样才能完全摆脱他
before he destroys me and everything I've worked for?
那你为什么把我扯进来
So why did you pull me into it?
我承认那是我的错
That was wrong of me, I confess.
我当时陷入了困境
I was in a tight corner.
德拉克斯一个月前回来这里的时候
You see, when, when Drax got back here a month ago,
我记得是这样
I think it was,
我想让他成为我计划的一部分
I thought to make him part of me plans.
我从一开始就有些怀疑
I had some doubts from the start,
但当我收到你从勒威克寄来的信
but when I got your letter from Lerwick,
我就明白了
I understood for sure
我已经把自己和一个怪物绑在一起了
that I'd bound myself to a monster.
但是这要怎么进行呢
But how to work it?
他是个无知的混♥蛋♥ 但他不是个蠢蛋
He's an ignorant fucker but he's no fool, as you know.
他很谨慎又狡猾
He's wary, he's guileful,
他还会杀人取乐
and he'll kill a man for the joy of it.
像那样的畜牲是不能讲理的
A brute like that can't be reasoned with.
必须得使用武力
Force must be employed.
我意识到 我得给他设个陷阱
I realised I needed to set a trap for him,
引诱他离开 再打他个措手不及
to lure him away and catch him unawares,
而且我曾经想过 我可以利用你…
and I thought I might use, uh, you...
当诱饵 -这个嘛...
As bait? - Well...
这太冲动了
It was reckless.
我现在明白了当时我考虑不周
It was unconsidered, I see that now.
我不该那样利用你
I shouldn't have used you as I did
如果史蒂文斯如你所说已经死了...
and if Stevens is dead now as you say he is...
他被人朝胸口开了一枪
He was shot. Through the chest.
德拉克斯开的吗 -是的
By Drax? - Yes.
那现在那个邪恶的畜生怎么样了
And what's become of that evil bastard now?
我把他杀了
I killed him.
好吧...
Oh, well...
那你... 愿意和我一起喝几杯庆祝一下吗
Oh... Will you take a glass with me in celebration?
或者至少让自己放松一下
Or at least sit yourself down?
好吧 你...
Yeah, you...
你今晚来这里非常好 帕特里克
You've done well to come here tonight, Patrick.
我可以帮你
I can help you.
我不是来找你帮忙的
Oh, I didn't come here for your help.
那你是来干嘛 希望不是把我也杀了
What for, then? Not to kill me as well, I hope.
那样对你有什么好处
What would be the good of that?
我不认为你是拿我当诱饵
I don't believe that I was just there as a lure.
我觉得你巴不得我死
I believe that you wanted me dead.
我为什么要那样做
Why would I want such a thing?
因为就是你让志愿者号♥沉的
Because it was you who had the Volunteer sunk.
现在我已经很清楚
It is clear to me now that
卡文迪什和布朗利也参与其中
Cavendish and Brownlee were involved too.
目前知道这件事
And the only two people who are still alive
并且还活着的人
who might have known of this plan,
只剩我和德拉克斯
was myself and Drax.
听着 你注意点 帕特里克
Look, take heed now, Patrick.
你好好听我说
You listen carefully to what I'm saying.
现在有两个死人躺在那个木材厂里
There are two men lying dead in that timberyard,
其中一个还是你亲手杀的
one of them murdered by your hand.
我得提醒你 现在你非常需要我的帮助
I'd say that puts you in fair need of my assistance.
如果我说出真♥相♥
If I tell the truth,
我就没什么必要担心法律的裁决了
I have little enough to fear from the law.
得了吧 你不会那么天真吧
Come on, you're not so innocent
竟然会相信这样一个牵强的想法
as to believe such a far-fetched notion.
你和我是同一类人
You're a man of the world like I am.
你可以告诉法♥院♥你的理由 你当然可以
You can tell the magistrate your theories, of course you can,
但我和法官认识很多年了
but I've known the magistrate for some years.
我可不敢确定他会相信你的说辞
I wouldn't be so sure he'd believe them.
而且你算什么
And who exactly are you?
一个不知道从哪里来的爱尔兰人罢了
An Irishman of uncertain provenance.
他们会调查你
There'd be investigations,
揭开你的过去 你在印度做的事
probings into your past, your time in India.
你可以跟我过不去
You could make things uncomfortable for me,
但我保证 我也不会让你好受
I'm sure, but I can do the same for you
甚至能让你更难受 如果我想的话
and a lot worse if I wanted to.
亨利·德拉克斯已经死了
Henry Drax is dead now,
两艘船也都沉了
and both ships are sunk.
不会有人再复活了
No bugger's coming back to life again.
我向你保证 -我完全可以开枪把你打死
I promise you that. -I could shoot you dead.
就在这儿
Right there.
是的 你...你完全可以
Yes, you...you certainly could,
但这样一来 你手上就有两条人命了
but then, you'd have two murders on your hands
那样对你有什么好处
and what good would that do you?
你现在得动动脑子 帕特里克
You need to use your head now, Patrick.
现在正是你摆脱这一切的大好机会
This is your chance to put everything behind you
然后重头开始
and start afresh.
一个人一生里能有几次这样的大好机会呢
How often in life does a man get such a rare opportunity?
你杀了德拉克斯 算帮了我一个大忙
You did me a great service by killing Henry Drax,
无论之后发生什么
however it came about,
我都很乐意回报你所做的一切
and I'll happily pay you for the work.
我在原来工资的基础上再给你50几尼
I'll give you 50 guineas on top of your wages.
然后你就可以大摇大摆地从这里走出去
And you can walk out of this house
再也不用回头
and never look backwards.
你可以到伦敦去
Get yourself down to London.
忘了志愿者号♥的事
Forget the Volunteer.
忘了亨利·德拉克斯
Forget Henry Drax.
眼下最重要的
It's the future
是往前看 而不是惦记已经发生的事
that matters now, not the past.
剧集 | 北海鲸梦(2021) | 导航列表