剧集 | 北海鲸梦(2021) | 导航列表
来杯朗姆酒
Rum.
我明早就要坐"志愿者号♥"离开了
I'm leaving in the morning on the Volunteer.
给我开张欠条
Give you my note of hand.
你以为我傻吗
Do I look like a fool?
那 我这把好刀可以顶你一杯酒
Well then, this good knife of mine against a tot of your rum.
行不行
Heads or tails?
这是把好刀 我用它还没失手过
It's a fine knife, that. It's not failed me yet.
行的
Heads.
好吧 确实是把好刀 谢了 老兄
Aye, it's a fine knife. I thank you for this.
现在滚出我的酒吧
Now get the fuck out of my bar.
再换一杯
Toss again.
我不要你的靴子
I don't want your boots.
你收了我的刀
You have my knife.
你现在不能反悔啊
You can't back away now.
我不要你的臭靴子
I don't want your bloody stinking boots.
我再说一次 你不能反悔
I'll say it one more time. You can't back away now.
我的地盘我作主
I'll do what the bloody hell I like.
听好了
Here.
如果你闭上那张臭嘴 我请你喝一杯
I'll buy you a drink myself, if you shut the fuck up.
那谢了 老兄
Well, I thank you for it.
我嫖了一早上 口干舌燥
I've been whoring all morning and the whistle's dry.
给我吧 先生
I'll take that for you, sir.
谢谢 当心 当心
Thank you. Careful, careful.
我拿好了
I have it.
来 小伙子 -好了...
Come on, lads. -All right so...
拿下来 -这是军官室
Bring it down. -This is the wardroom.
就这样 好了
That's it, yep.
那位是麦肯德里克先生
That's Mr. McKendrick there.
这是您的房♥间
And here is you.
行李我放您的床上
I'll put your trunk on your bed.
我叫约瑟夫·哈拿
I'm Joseph Hannah.
如有需要 尽管叫我
If you need anything, just call for me.
别担心 您的行李很安全
Don't worry, your trunk will be safe.
船长在那等您呢
And, uh, the Captain's just waiting for you in there.
谢谢 -不客气
Thank you. -You're welcome.
是谁 -萨姆纳先生
Yeah? -Mr. Sumner.
请进
Come in.
我听说你在印度受了伤
I hear you were injured out in India.
对 突袭第一天我就被印度步♥枪♥打中了
Yes. Shot by a sepoy musket ball on the first day of the assault.
打在我的胫骨上
My shinbone bore the brunt,
不过我现在完全康复了 一点也不瘸了
but I'm totally recovered now, though. Not even a limp.
我很高兴听到这个消息
I'm glad to hear it.
告诉我 你亲眼看到过尼科尔森被杀吗
Tell me, did you see Nicholson killed?
没有 不过我后来看到他的尸体了 就在山上
No. But I did see his body afterwards. Up on the ridge.
尼科尔森 是个伟人啊
An extraordinary man, Nicholson.
大英雄
A great hero.
我听说他利剑一挥
You know, I heard he sliced a pandy clean in half
就能把个印度叛军劈成两半 像切黄瓜一样
with one swing of his sword, like cutting a cucumber.
他有个普什图警卫
He had a Pashtun bodyguard,
大个子卡恩
big, enormous sod named Khan.
为了保护他 他睡在帐篷外面
He slept outside his tent to protect him.
传言道 他们两个...
The rumour was, the two of them were...
亲密无间
sweethearts.
就是有点嫉妒
Nothing but jealously.
谢谢
Thank you.
如果没有尼科尔森这样的人
If it weren't for men like Nicholson,
帝国早就陷落了
the Empire would have been lost long ago,
那我们又将何去何从
and then where would we be?
我看见过他吊死了一个人 就因为那人对着他笑
I saw him hang a man once just for smiling at him.
那个可怜的家伙根本就没笑
The poor bugger wasn't even smiling.
界限必须划清 萨姆纳先生
The lines must be drawn, Mr. Sumner.
你肯定同意
Surely you agree
要维护文明的标准吧
that civilised standards must be maintained?
有时我们必须以牙还牙
Sometimes we must meet fire with fire.
他们杀害 强♥奸♥妇孺
They killed women and children, raped them,
割他们的喉
slashed their tiny little throats.
这种事难道不需要讨回公道吗
Doesn't a thing like that require righteous vengeance?
这种事可多了去了
Oh, there was a good deal of that going on.
对 先生 当然了
Yes sir. Yes, indeed.
那告诉我
So tell me.
你为什么从61团退役 离开了印度
Why did you quit the 61st and leave India?
我知道不是因为腿伤
I know it wasn't your leg.
战地医生又不需要两条好腿
A surgeon isn't in need of two good legs.
不是腿伤 不是
Not the leg, no.
那是因为什么
Well, then what?
八个月前 我叔叔多纳尔死了
Well, eight months ago, my Uncle Donal died
他把他在梅奥县的奶牛场留给我了
and left me his dairy farm over in County Mayo.
卖♥♥农场的钱 够我在某个僻静富饶的地方
It's worth enough to buy me a pretty little house
买♥♥一座小房♥子 开一间体面的诊所
and a respectable practice somewhere quiet but wealthy.
斯卡伯勒 黑斯廷斯
Scarborough, Hastings.
我很喜欢散步
I do like a promenade, you see.
那你为什么不去照顾那些
So why aren't you, uh, attending to the ailments
生病的老寡妇 而是和我坐在船上呢
of little old widows instead of sitting here with me,
像你自己这样著名的爱尔兰地主
A famous Irish landowner like yourself?
法律问题很复杂
Legal complications.
不知道从哪冒出来的表亲
Mysterious cousins crept out of the woodwork,
对遗嘱提出反对
counter-claimants, if you will.
总是发生这种事
It's always the way.
我听说 这个案子要再花一年才能解决
I'm told the case could take another year to be resolved,
在此之前 我无事可做
and until then, I have nothing
也没钱可花
to do with myself nor any money to do it with.
我在回都柏林
I was passing through
见律师的路上路过利物浦
Liverpool on my way back to the lawyers in Dublin
在阿德尔菲旅馆碰到了你那位巴克斯特先生
when I ran into your Mr. Baxter at the bar of the Adelphi Hotel.
我们聊了起来
We got to talking,
他发现我
and when he learned that I was
以前是战地医生 需要一份有收入的工作
an ex-army surgeon in need of gainful employment,
他真是善于察言观色
he put two and two together and made a four.
这个巴克斯特还真是厉害呢
Fierce operator, that Baxter.
我不期望捕鲸能让我富起来
Well, I'm not expecting the whaling will make me rich,
不过至少能让我忙一段时间 正好...
but it will keep me occupied at least. While the...
等着法♥院♥判决
cogs of justice turn.
不管怎样 我们会让你派上用场的
Oh, we'll find use for you one way or the other.
虽然你的药无关紧要
Though your potions don't really make a great deal of difference.
我无意冒犯 船长 不过...
I mean no offence, Captain, but...
药怎么了
potions?
医生相信科学
Doctors tend to adhere to science,
不信巫术 也不迷信
not witchcraft or superstition.
你会发现 这艘船上的人
Well, you'll find the men on board this ship
对科学的用处微乎其微
have very little use for science.
不管怎样 我还是检查一下医疗箱
Either way, I should examine the medicine chest.
我可能要增加 更换 补充
There may be one or two items I need to add,
一到两个药品
replace, replenish.
你的舱里有个柜子
There's a chest stowed in your cabin,
克利福德街上有个药房♥
and there's an apothecary on Clifford Street.
需要什么药就从他们那里买♥♥
Get whatever you need from them
告诉他们把账单寄给巴克斯特
and tell them to send the bill to Baxter.
我觉得巴克斯特先生不喜欢这样
Mr. Baxter won't like that much, I imagine.
混♥蛋♥巴克斯特
Bugger Baxter.
你口音不太像爱尔兰人
You don't sound much like an Irishman.
我大半辈子都在这里生活
Well, I've been here most of my life.
更算是英格兰人吧
I'm more of an Englishman now.
是吗
Is that right?
是的 船长
Yes, Captain.
你知道我们这些捕鲸的被叫作什么吗
You know what people call us whalers?
他们说我们是...
They say we're...
逃离文明的难民
refugees from civilisation.
我觉得听起来非常不错
Well, that sounds very appealing to me.
没错 但你应该记得
Sure. But you'd be wise to remember
在某些时候 你得回归文明
that at some point, you have to return.
剧集 | 北海鲸梦(2021) | 导航列表