剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
Stand aside, Mr. Poldark. We are on urgent business.
我不耽误你 我只想问问他们的病情
And I won't detain you. I came to enquire after the family.
是白喉吗
Is it the putrid throat?
白喉
Morbus strangulatorius?
哪个白♥痴♥跟你这么说的
What fool gave you that idea?
已经减缓了病征 采取了治疗
We have isolated the symptoms, we have applied remedies,
他们都有所好转了
and they are all on the mend.
这么快
So soon?
全靠合适的治疗手段 先生
'Tis merely a question of competent treatment, sir.
他们很快就会康复了
They'll be up and about in no time.
接下来拍卖♥♥联合矿井的一批铜矿
I have next to dispose of a dole of ore from United Mines.
五十公吨♥
50 tonnes.
出♥售♥给南威尔士冶炼公♥司♥
Sold to the South Wales Smelting Company
每公吨♥七英镑十六先令
for 7 pounds, 16 shillings a tonne.
要吃面包吗
Do you want some bread?
您听说特伦威兹的事了吗
You've heard the news from Trenwith?
告诉我
Tell me.
比希矿井 红铜矿
Wheal Busy. Parcel of red copper.
四十五公吨♥
45 tonnes.
出♥售♥给南威尔士冶炼公♥司♥
Sold to the South Wales Smelting Company
每公吨♥八英镑四先令
for 8 pounds, 4 shillings a tonne.
所有仆人都病了 没一个能照顾他们吗
ALL the servants ill? Not one fit to tend them?
乔克医生还被叫去特鲁洛了
And Dr. Choake called away to Truro
明早才能回来
and not back till morning.
莱杰矿井 四十公吨♥
Wheal Leisure. 40 tonnes.
莱杰矿井的矿石出♥售♥给南威尔士冶炼公♥司♥
Wheal Leisure ore is sold to the South Wales Smelting Company
每公吨♥七英镑十九先令
for 7 pounds, 19 shillings.
今天的拍卖♥♥会就到这里 谢谢各位
And that concludes the auction for today. Thank you, gentlemen.
如果我日落还没回来
If I'm not back by nightfall,
就给茱莉娅煮了奶 抱她上♥床♥睡吧
see Julia's milk boiled and that she's put to bed.
就剩我们几个了吗
Are we all that remain?
沃勒根家动作迅速果决
The Warleggans have been most efficient.
我宣布坎摩尔铜业公♥司♥股东会议现在开始
I call to order this meeting of the Carnmore Copper Company.
请继续 先生
Proceed, sir.
我向各位报告 今天我们再次空手而归了
I have to report that today, yet again, we got no copper.
而且由于前景不太可能会转好
And since the prospect seems unlikely to change...
我们就要被迫低头了吗
We bow to the inevitable?
我极其遗憾地宣布
It is with extreme regret that I declare
坎摩尔铜业公♥司♥就此解散
the Carnmore Copper Company dissolved.
罗斯 你最近也不来玩了
Ross! You're becoming a hermit.
玛格丽特刚刚还说
Margaret was only saying
你这些天不来打牌 她都想你了
how much she's missed you at our little gaming parties.
最近我没心情打牌
I've no time for cards these days.
这话要让马修表兄难过了
Oh, well, Cousin Matthew will be sad to hear that.
你知道玛格丽特又和一位大人好上了吗
You know Margaret's on her third Lord?
跟她好上的都逍遥不久 也不知是怎么回事
I don't know how, but she sucks the life out of her lovers!
她的生存本能如狼似虎
Her instinct for survival is voracious.
这你该清楚
And you should know!
她告诉我她曾经希望嫁给你
She told me she'd once had a fancy to marry you.
不嫁你吗
Not you?
我的眼光要高一些
My sights are set somewhat higher.
你妻子还好吗
And how is your wife?
上次舞会上她着实惊艳呢
She was much remarked on at the last ball.
你应该多带她出来才是
You should bring her out more.
我们没时间社交 乔治
We've no time for socialising, George.
铜业公♥司♥让你忙得脱不开身吗
The smelting company keeps you busy?
是莱杰矿井
Wheal Leisure.
对
Ah, yes.
为数不多的
One of the few mines
还能为投资者带来回报的矿井了
which still offer prospects for the investor.
我听说有的股东想转售股份了
I believe some shares are shortly coming onto the market.
哪些股东
And whose are they?
我还以为是你要卖♥♥
Oh, I understood them to be yours.
不过也许是我消息有误
But perhaps I was misinformed.
是啊
You were.
瓦莱迪 是你吗
Verity? Is that you?
不 是德梅尔扎
No, it's Demelza.
罗斯的小媳妇
Ross's little bud.
我来问候下家里人
I came to enquire after the family.
他们病了 全都病了
They're sick, every last jack of 'em.
瓦莱迪不在 谁还能照顾他们
And who's to care for 'em with Verity gone?
她不该走 她还有职责
She'd no business to go. Her duty's here.
她就这么抛下我们
'Twas a selfish, cruel thing,
既自私 又残忍♥
she did, to leave us like that.
不用说 我肯定会开个高价
It goes without saying I would offer a generous price.
我的合伙人怎么决策我控制不了
I have no control over my partners.
你不妨自己去找他们
You could approach one of them.
我到底怎么惹到你了 罗斯
What is it that offends you, Ross?
就因为我们沃勒根家辛苦打拼脱贫致富
That we Warleggans have dared to drag ourselves out of poverty
挤进了上等人的圈子吗
and aspire to gentility?
贫穷我不介意 想提升地位我也不在乎
Poverty doesn't offend me. Nor does aspiration.
但如果你以为贪婪和剥削是绅士的标志
But you're mistaken if you think greed and exploitation
那你就大错特错了
are the marks of a gentleman.
我告诉你 总有一天你会一无所有
You know, one of these days you'll find yourself without means,
既没人合伙 也没人帮衬
without colleagues, without friends,
而这一切都只能怨你自己
and with no-one to blame but yourself.
祝你日安 乔治
Good day to you, George.
德梅尔扎
Demelza?
我来看看能不能帮上忙
I came to see if I could help.
真是太谢谢你了
Oh, that is very kind of you.
我已经绝望了
I'm in despair.
我可怜的孩子
My poor little boy.
他先是抽搐
He has these spasms,
再呕吐
then he vomits
然后会好些
and there's relief,
但只是一小会儿 然后又会发作
but only for a time, and then it begins again.
你自己也病着 伊丽莎白 你得卧床休息
You're sick yourself, Elizabeth. You ought to be in bed.
我不能离开我儿子
I cannot leave my boy.
我来照顾他
I'll stay with him.
我来照顾你们所有人
I'll stay and look after you all.
他妄想可以抬高铜矿价格
The man imagined he could drive up copper prices.
为矿井争取"更合理的价格"
And get a "fairer deal" for the mines.
他做到了
And so he did.
但我们吸取了教训 报出比他高的价
Till we became wise and outbid him.
现在呢
And now?
他的冶炼厂没有活儿接
His smelting works stand idle.
铜矿价格会再次下降
The price of copper will fall again.
他会负债累累的
He'll be left with enormous debts.
他也没什么办法还债
And no obvious means to discharge them.
也许他会来恳求你
Perhaps he will throw himself upon your mercy.
让他试试吧
He may try.
不好意思
Excuse me.
一定很令人恼火
It must be galling.
一年辛辛苦苦却只换来一身债
To have nothing but debt to show for 12 months of hard labour?
是够糟的
Bad enough.
但看着你的财产落入敌人之手
But to see your assets now in enemy hands...
冶炼厂 特沃纳斯的那个
The smelting works? On Trevaunance land?
你听说了什么
What did you hear?
约翰爵士在抵抗了好几个月后
That Sir John, after battling against the wind for months,
现在准备顺势而为了
is now preparing to sail with it.
将它卖♥♥给沃勒根家
By selling to the Warleggans.
他得弥补损失
He must cover his losses.
而我们剩下的人都会破产
While the rest of us go bankrupt.
如果不是佣人们病得那么厉害...
If the servants hadn't been so ill...
但乔克医生说半个村子的人都病倒了
But Doctor Choake says half the village is down.
你该休息
You ought to rest.
是谁
Who is it?
德梅尔扎
Demelza.
她是来帮我们的
She's come to help us.
她能不计前嫌
It is good of her ...
真是好心
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表