剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
That you will not.
为什么
Why?
不是你想的那种宴会
It's not that kind of party.
别那么丧气啦
Oh, don't look so sorry for yourself.
也就是一群男人赌博 豪饮
It'll be nothing but gaming and toping
一天到晚谈论生意
and dawn-to-dusk business talk.
那你会去吗
Will you go, then?
只为了让弗兰西斯开心
If only to please Francis
让乔治不察觉我新投资的事
and throw George off the scent of my latest ventures,
至少你不用受那罪了
but at least you can be spared.
要出门吗
Going somewhere?
进镇
To town.
做什么
To what purpose?
急事
Urgent business.
我需要件新斗篷 得找瓦莱迪帮我挑
I need a new cloak and Verity must help me choose.
怎么了
What?
选斗篷
The choosing of cloaks.
但愿那永远是你最"着急"的事
May that always be the worst of your worries!
别耽搁了我 我还要去参加宴会
Now, don't delay me, I have a party to attend.
贾德 备马
Jud! Bring the horses.
你要宠坏我了
You spoil me.
喜欢吗
Do you like it?
我喜欢受人宠爱
I like to be appreciated.
谁不呢
Who doesn't?
你妻子不领你情吗
Does your wife not appreciate you?
我妻子...
My wife....
想把我变成更好的人
tries to make me a better man.
像你父亲那样
Like your father?
我永远也做不到
I will never be that man.
能带我去找瓦莱迪小姐吗
Could you take me to Miss Verity?
这边请 夫人
This way, ma'am.
你也要跟她们一起去裁缝铺办急事吗
Are you joining this urgent trip to the dressmakers?
因为我们女人就在乎买♥♥东西
Because shopping and dressing up are the only things of matter
-和打扮吗 -当然不是
- to us women? - Not at all.
当然很重要了
They are, of course,
但我太想去买♥♥缎带
but I hesitate to buy ribbons
我们的铜矿白送都没人要呢
when our copper can scarce be given away.
而且 弗兰西斯比我更急着用钱
Besides, Francis has more urgent calls on his purse.
-比如呢 -赌博
- Such as? - Gaming,
取乐 自己取乐 与他的妻子或雇工无关
entertaining. Oh, himself, not his wife. Nor his workers.
他们一点也不开心 不过她肯定很开心
They are not remotely entertained, though I dare say she is,
-非常开心 -伊丽莎白 我真希望
- lavishly. - Elizabeth, I wish...
你可以做点什么吗
There was something you could do?
我也希望如此 罗斯
Oh, I wish it, too, Ross.
但愿望救不了我们了 不是吗
But we are beyond wishing, are we not?
希望下次能跟你们一起去
Next time, I hope to join you.
你不怕吗 看他们那个眼神
Were you not afraid? The look in their eyes?
我以前见过
I've seen the like before,
在伊拉根的时候 当时我们没玉米了
in Luggan once, when we were out of corn.
没饭吃的人就会有那个眼神
Empty bellies make for such looks.
他祖父是个铁匠吗
And his grandfather was a blacksmith?
这怎么可能
How is it possible?
两代人之内从贫困变得富有吗
To leap from poverty to wealth in two generations?
而且经济不振时还能屹立不倒
And maintain it in the midst of a slump,
而你和弗兰西斯这样的人却面临破产
while men like you and Francis face ruin!
我们做生意的方式不同
We have different ways of doing business.
-那是谁 -臭名昭著的马修·桑森
- Who is that? - The infamous Matthew Sanson?
磨坊主 玉米商
Mill owner and corn merchant.
他除了要让弗兰西斯破产还有其他恶名吗
Does his infamy extend beyond bankrupting Francis?
他的势力遍及各处 而且有乔治为他撑腰
It extends almost everywhere and he has George's endorsement,
-所以说 他... -不容小觑
- which makes him... - A force to be reckoned with.
十分富有
A man of means, though,
不过 可惜不怎么大方
sadly, not of generosity.
那首饰不是他送的吗
Is that collar not a gift of his?
不是 送礼人很有品味呢
No, indeed. The giver was a man of taste.
你能自己挑吗 我想去趟杂货店
Could you manage without me, while I visit the chandler?
不行啊 你得帮我挑
On no account. You must help me choose.
这件怎么样 这件呢
What do you think of this one? Or this one, perhaps?
瓦莱迪小姐
Miss Verity?
您是医生
A physician, sir?
说说 无聊要如何医治
Pray, what do you prescribe for boredom?
我不太熟悉这种病情 先生
It's not a condition I'm familiar with, sir.
你一定会有机会钻研的
Doubtless, you will have opportunities to study it.
恐怕不会
I suspect not, sir.
我医治的病人很少会有此疾
The patients I tend rarely suffer from that affliction.
祝您健康
Your health.
可惜他牌技不如你
A pity he hasn't your skill at cards...
其他也不如
or in other ways.
他很快就要毁了
He'll shortly be ruined.
你也会弃他而去
And you will have done with him.
他老婆早不管他了
As his wife did long ago.
所有男人都会后悔自己的选择吗
Do all men come to regret their choice?
不好说
I couldn't say.
你呢
Do you?
我毫无后悔
I regret nothing.
等你后悔了 你知道去哪找我
Come the day, you know where to find me.
你一向让我忍♥不住 老爷
You was always my weakness, milord.
长久以来 我根本不敢奢望
For so long, I never dared to hope,
-但如此良机 -布莱米船长
- but such a chance as this... - Captain Blamey,
容我介绍我的堂嫂
may I introduce you to my cousin,
德梅尔扎·波达克夫人 罗斯的妻子
Mistress Demelza Poldark, Ross's wife.
幸会 夫人
I'm honoured, ma'am.
幸会
And I, sir.
能请你喝一杯
May I beg the pleasure of your company,
甜酒或咖啡吗
for a cordial or a coffee?
-那多... -不行
- That would be... - No!
谢谢你 先生 但是不行
Thank you, sir. We cannot.
那没什么好处 再见了
No good can come of it. I bid you good day.
赌注是什么
What are the stakes?
-你不会想知道的 -我很想知道
- You wouldn't wish to know. - On the contrary.
你很快就会知道了
You'll find out soon enough.
失陪了 先生们
Pray excuse me, gentlemen.
幸会了
A pleasure...as always.
别碰我
Get off!
瓦莱迪
Verity...
为什么不听听他想说什么呢
would it have been so very bad to hear him out?
-他说什么我都不想听 -是吗
- He can have nothing to say that I wish to hear. - Nothing?
瓦莱迪 是矿工
Verity! Miners!
你会相信吗 我并不乐意
Will you believe me if I say it gives me no pleasure
看到弗兰西斯赌掉财产
to see Francis beggar himself?
生意归生意嘛
Business is business.
我并不希望害朋友破产
It's not my business to bankrupt a friend.
所以你找了别人来下手 你就不必愧疚了
So you leave it to a third party and your conscience is clear.
多谢招待了
I thank you for your hospitality.
瓦莱迪小姐 求您听我说
Miss Verity, I beg you, if you would only hear me out.
不行 我不想听
I cannot. I cannot!
-这些人该挨鞭子 -小心 桑森先生
- These people should be flogged! - Be careful, Mr Sanson, sir.
拿钱来 一蒲式耳十五先令
Pay for it, damn you! 15 shillings a bushel is the price!
一蒲式耳十五先令 一便士不得少
15 shillings a bushel and not a penny less!
这几年 我心里一直只有你
All these years, I've thought of none but you.
我一直在等待 希望有一日
I've been waiting, in the hope that, one day...
我受不了 安德鲁 我们还要再受一次罪吗
I cannot bear it, Andrew. Are we to endure it all again?
-分离 心碎 -不 不会分离了
- The parting and the heartache? - No. Not the parting.
我发誓 我们再不会分离
I swear to you, never the parting.
-我们走吧 这里不安全 -是啊 跟我走
- We should leave. It is not safe here. - Of course. Follow me.
该死 我认识你
Damn! I know who you are!
滚
Get out of it!
都给我滚
Get out!
我怎么也无法在
And I could not for the life of me
蓝色和灰色之间拿定主意
choose between the blue or grey,
于是就空手回家了
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表