剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
赶在她得知他骇人的过去之前与她定下终身
to secure her before she became aware of his appalling past.
-那流氓 -他是个酒鬼 把妻子打死了
- The varmint! - He's a drunkard, who beat his wife to death.
-你们确定吗 -瓦莱迪也承认了
- Is this certain? - Verity has confirmed it.
也原谅了他
And forgiven him.
她相貌平凡 所以容易被骗
She's a plain girl, and that makes her easy prey.
我们一定要保持一致 保护好她
We must close ranks and protect her.
当然 怎么保护
Of course, but how?
除非她发誓再不见他
She will not leave this house
否则就不许她出门
until she swears never to see him again.
罗斯
Ross!
我知道他们跟你说了什么 但不是那样的
I heard what they told you. It isn't true.
那是个意外 她想打他
It was an accident. She tried to strike him.
他把她推开了 她摔倒撞到了头
He pushed her away, she fell and hit her head.
-他跟你说的 -在舞会上
- He told you this? - At the ball.
但他绝对无意伤害她
But there was never any intent to harm her.
完全没有 而且他也为此付出了代价
None in the world. And he's paid for what he did.
他失去了地位 进了监狱
He lost his rank and went to prison.
我知道他绝不会伤害我的
And I know he would never lift a finger to hurt me.
-但是 你怎么能确定 -我确定
- But still, how can you be sure he... - I'm sure.
他爱我 我爱他
He loves me. I love him.
你是最应该知道那是什么滋味的人
You of all people know what that feels like.
是啊
Yes.
是啊
Yes.
我能做什么
What can I do?
波达克上尉
Captain Poldark,
多谢你让我们在这里见面
most generous, to allow us to meet here
何况你还心存顾虑
in view of your concerns.
瓦莱迪信任你 我信任她
Verity trusts you. I trust Verity.
她是我的救赎天使
She's my angel of redemption.
你绝不会为此后悔
You'll have no cause to regret it.
我相信你 先生
I believe you, sir.
先生
Sir.
该死 叫我们的客人 别离开客厅
Dammit! Tell our guests to keep to the parlour.
农活真是有趣的喜好啊 是吧
Farming is such an engaging hobby, is it not?
对我而言可不止是喜好 夫人
More than a hobby for me, ma'am.
您不打猎吗 波达克上尉
But do you not hunt, Captain Poldark?
跟与您同阶层的人一起交际
Would it not be a fine thing to be mixing with people
-不是更好吗 -这里有很多事要忙
- of your own station? - I'm very well occupied here.
-露丝可是位不错的作家呢 -当然
- Of course, Ruth is an accomplished rider. - Of course.
这当然不是她唯一的长处
Not that it's her only accomplishment.
她调的奶油葡萄酒不可多得呢
One has only to taste her syllabubs to know their succulence.
是啊
Indeed.
瓦莱迪小姐还在
Is Miss Verity still meeting
不顾父亲反对跟那个恶棍见面吗
that blackguard in spite of her father?
-我... -当然 您住在这么偏僻的地方
- I um... - Of course, you're so out of the way here,
-是不会知道了 -是啊
- you would not hear of it. - No, indeed.
这一定是你领养的那个小姑娘吧
This must be the young person that you adopted?
我没领养谁
I've adopted no-one.
我需要一个厨房♥女佣
I needed a kitchen wench,
这姑娘已经有主见了
the girl is old enough to know her own mind.
当然 她看上去像是个有主见的姑娘
Of course, she looks as if she would know her own mind.
抱歉 我要失陪了 女士们
But I must beg your indulgence, ladies.
我还有很多事要忙呢
There is much I must attend to.
一定来缇格府邸跟我们喝茶吧
But you must take tea with us at Teague House.
或许我们可以让你看看女人收拾过的家是什么样
Perhaps we can show you what a woman's touch can do to a home.
多谢了 夫人 但恐怕
I thank you, ma'am, but I fear...
你们的努力只会
your efforts would be...
白费
..wasted.
是啊 当然
Yes, of course. Yes.
我女儿 艾斯特
My daughter, Esther,
-跟家庭教师住在普利茅斯 -是吗
- lives with her governess in Plymouth. - Oh, indeed?
我儿子 詹姆斯 在舰队做准尉
And my son, James, was midshipman with the fleet.
-准尉 -我好想念他们
- A midshipman? - I miss them greatly.
你呢 你跟家人感情也很好
And you, who are no less attached to your family,
一定不愿因为我与他们疏远
would surely be loathe to quit them for my sake...
你的家人来过信吗
Have you had word of your family?
没有 先生 我也不指望
No, sir, I don't expect none.
没了我给他们当佣人 他们才不会想我
Without me to skivvy for them, they'll have no love o' me.
尤其是你父亲
Particularly your father.
他忙着干活儿或下矿呢
He's too busy in the kiddleys or down the mine.
-你兄弟呢 -也会很快追随他的脚步
- And your brothers? - Soon be followin' in 'is footsteps.
看来我们都流着采矿的血脉
Seems we both have mining in our blood.
是啊 先生 天知道那是好事还是坏事
Aye, sir. Though God knows if that's a blessin' or a curse.
真巧 我正要去莱杰矿井呢
This is good timing. I was about to ride to Wheal Leisure.
投资者会面谈得很顺利
The investors meeting went well.
希望弗兰西斯会回心转意 加入我们
I hope I may yet to persuade Francis to join us.
那要看情况了
That will depend.
我不会想当然
I take nothing for granted.
而且我还是希望能不要透露给乔治
And I still ask for George to be kept in the dark.
我看利益当前 你们友谊再深
I doubt your friendship would prevent him betraying you
他也未必不会背叛你
if the need arose.
就像我们虽是亲人 你还是背叛了我们吗
Any more than our kinship has prevented you from betraying us?
你否认瓦莱迪正在你家私会那男人吗
Do you deny that Verity is meeting that man at your house?
我觉得你错看了他
I think you misjudge him.
我觉得我是错看了你
I think I've misjudged you!
你这人♥渣♥
Filthy skunk!
-背着我们败坏我妹妹 -弗兰西斯 别
- Sneaking behind our backs to debauch my sister! - Francis! No...
-欺瞒她家人 -弗兰西斯 求你
- Deceiving her family... - Francis, please!
既然你和你父亲不肯见我
If you and your father refuse to meet me...
我们不结交杀妻者
We do not deal with wife murderers!
我有权选择自己的生活
I have a right to choose my own life!
你们这种人毫不在意荣誉
Honour means nothing to your sort.
或许打一顿才好使
Perhaps a thrashing will.
别在我家动手
Not in my house!
你居然还有脸站在他那边
You have the impudence to take his side?
我不站在任何人那边
I take no-one's side,
但这么胡闹也解决不了问题
but you won't change the issue with this foolery.
我无意与你们争执 但瓦莱迪得跟我走
I have no wish to quarrel, but Verity is coming with me.
-你休想 -求你了 父亲
- That she is not! - Please, Father!
我们家不沾你这种人
There'll be no cleaning of your boots on this family!
-你个无礼的小子 -"小子"吗
- You insolent puppy! - Oh, "Puppy", is it?
你什么时候可以见我 布莱米船长
When will it be convenient for you to meet me, Captain Blamey?
-随时可以 先生 -安德鲁 不要
- As soon as you like, sir. - Andrew, no!
弗兰西斯 求你
Francis, please?
-给我把枪 -自己去拿吧
- Get me a pistol. - Get one yourself.
这人自称是绅士
This fellow claims to be a gentleman.
-那就出去证明自己吧 -弗兰西斯 不要
- Let him step outside and prove it! - Francis! No!
罗斯 阻止他们
Ross, stop them!
阻止他啊 查尔斯 他不是他的对手
Stop him! He's out of his depth, Charles!
弗兰西斯 求求你
Francis, I implore you...!
安德鲁 求你 看在我的分上
Andrew, please, for my sake.
弗兰西斯 弗兰西斯
Francis! Francis!
弗兰西斯 别跟这无赖叫劲
Francis, have no truck with this scoundrel!
-瓦莱迪会跟我们走的 -是的 父亲
- Verity will come home with us. - Yes, Father.
已经与那无关了 这人♥渣♥侮辱了我
It's gone beyond that. The skunk insulted me!
那就徒手搏斗
Fight it out with fists, then.
他不值得你拿枪冒险
He's not worth the risk of a pistol!
你要我们家遭人嘲笑吗
Do you want this family to be a laughing stock?
-弗兰西斯 求你想好 -想什么
- Francis, I urge you to consider... - Consider what?
任凭谁都能辜负我们的信任 占我们的便宜吗
That anyone may abuse our trust and take advantage of us?
弗兰西斯 求你
Francis, I beg you.
我一定要雪耻
I will have satisfaction!
你 做裁判 会数数吗
You, there! Act as referee. Can you count?
会 先生 一 二 四 七
Aye, sir. One, two, four, seven...
我们自己数吧
We'll do it ourselves.
-一 二 三 -弗兰西斯
- One, two, three... - Francis.
阻止他们啊 求你
Stop them, please stop them.
四
..Four,
五
five,
六
six,
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表