剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
四便士 不然不卖♥♥
Four pence, or I'll take them away.
-三便士 -四便士
- Three pence. - Four pence!
三便士 四便士才卖♥♥
Three pence? Four pence, and you've got a sale.
我先走了
I will leave you.
罗斯
Ross.
我们走吧
Shall we go?
我没心思做投机生意
I'm in no mood to speculate.
我能问问为什么吗
May I ask why?
我需要靠得住的东西
I need something I can depend on.
你堂兄还来吗
Are we expecting your cousin?
弗兰西斯改主意了
Francis has changed his mind.
-真可惜 有他还能多点... -份量
- A pity. He would've lent a certain... - Gravity?
先生们 欢迎你们
Gentlemen, welcome.
今天请你们来是为了决定
You come here today to decide one thing.
是否要把金子压在铜矿上
Whether to risk good gold in the pursuit of copper.
没有比这更惨淡的时机了
The times could hardly be less auspicious.
里斯矿井已经倒闭
When Wheal Reath closes...
格兰布勒的未来也岌岌可危
And Grambler's future hangs in the balance.
威尔士的矿山日渐繁荣 康沃尔却江河日下
When Welsh mines prosper and Cornwall's on its knees,
你这小投资又有什么机会呢
what chance has this meagre venture?
你堂弟让人议论纷纷
Your cousin divides opinion.
有人说他傲慢自大
Some think him arrogant.
也有人觉得他...自以为是
Others observe a sense of... entitlement.
-你指什么 -他喜欢什么要什么
- To what? - Whatever takes his fancy.
也许是他们看走眼了
But perhaps they misjudge him.
我听说他最近又打算投资
So, what do I hear of his latest venture?
这次投资规模不大 所以日常开支不会很多
The venture is small, so overheads will be low.
里斯矿井关闭 市场供给必然减少
Without Reath, supply to the markets will fall,
因此铜价理应上升
so the price of copper should rise.
如果没有呢
And if it doesn't?
他需要人投资吗
Is he seeking investment?
我实在无法相告
I really couldn't say.
关键在于成本是多少
So the question is what will it cost us?
首先 我自荐担任经理
To begin with, I propose to act as manager
和管事 但不拿工资
and head purser without salary.
如果亨肖工头愿意监工的话
If Captain Henshawe would oversee the works...
也没有工资吗
Also without salary?
会少拿一些 直到我们正式开工
At a favourable rate, until we're up and running.
伦弗鲁先生以象征性价格提供设备用具
If Mr Renfrew would supply gear and tackle at nominal cost.
他还真是不客气
The man has impudence!
帕斯科银行将提供三百英镑的贷款
Pascoe's Bank will honour our drafts up to 300 pounds.
帕斯科银行
Pascoe's Bank?
-是的 -为何不是沃勒根
- Yes. - Not Warleggans?
沃勒根银行非常乐意助他一臂之力
Warleggans would be happy to accommodate him.
毕竟你我两家之间友谊深远嘛
Given the friendship between our families.
也许他就不是个珍视友谊的人
Perhaps he doesn't value friendship.
或是家人
Or family.
沃勒根银行只在矿井产出颇丰时才肯借款
Warleggans will lend to a mine for as long as it prospers,
一旦经营遇到困难
but once it starts to struggle,
他们会立即撤款 任其自生自灭
they withdraw credit and see it go under.
他们明天就可能像关闭里斯那样
They could close Grambler tomorrow
关掉格兰布勒矿井
as they closed Reath.
虽说生意归生意
Business is business
但难道一切都要绕着利润打转吗
but should profit be the be-all and end-all?
我同意 里斯矿井的确经营不善
I'm inclined to agree. We know Reath was struggling,
但关闭矿井让股东赔了不少
but closing it cost the shareholders dear.
-更不用说矿工了 -还有矿主的命
- And the miners dearer. - And the owner his life.
我们虽无法选择家人 但却可以选择朋友
We cannot choose our family. But we can choose our friends.
作为朋友 我告诉你 只要你需要帮助
And, as a friend, I say to you, if ever you need my assistance...
-我会需要什么帮助 -常人之所需啊
- What assistance might I need? - What any man needs.
眼见朋友
Someone to alert him
被人当傻子耍时 我会在旁提醒
if he sees his friend being played for a fool.
傻子
A fool?
爱情上 生意上 乃至牌桌上
In love, in business, at cards.
我最近确实损失了不少
It's true, my losses have been considerable of late.
那就让我借你点钱
Then let me prove our friendship by advancing
以此证明你我的友谊
whatever might defray them.
先生们 我就直说了
Gentlemen, I'll be straight with you.
收益可能非常可观 但风险也同样巨大
The rewards could be considerable but so are the risks.
我知道在座各位都喜欢赌博
But if you like a wager, and which of us here doesn't,
我宁可拿这条铜矿脉
then I'd sooner gamble on a vein of copper
和五十个矿工来做一场豪赌 而非去赌牌
and the sweat of 50 men than on the turn of a card.
每人出五十基尼就足够头几个月的运转
50 guineas apiece will cover the first three months.
这是我的份
There's mine.
还有我的
And mine.
我也出
And mine.
我提议我们举杯庆祝一下
If I may take the liberty of proposing a toast?
那就敬一杯
A toast.
敬莱杰矿井
To Wheal Leisure!
敬莱杰矿井
Wheal Leisure!
他想糊弄我 结果被我说倒了
He tried to swizzle me but I beat 'im down.
我就料到你能做到
I expected no less.
今天你我都成绩颇丰
A good day's work for us both.
看什么看 当我是马戏团小丑吗
What am I? A circus attraction?
哪有穿成你这样的小丑
A poorly-dressed one!
跟我来
Come with me.
不能再这样了 必须让她恢复理智
This cannot continue, she must be brought to her senses.
可不是 但他呢 就没点羞耻心吗
She must indeed. But what of him? Has he no sense of shame?
我看都怨她 肯定是被她撺掇的
I hold her most to blame! She must have encouraged him.
真希望您看到了舞会上的场景
If you had seen her at the assembly.
你当时不是在场吗
But you were there!
你怎么不阻止这种事
Could you not have put a stop to it?
这本来就不该我♥操♥心
I should not have needed to!
她应该自知自己的身份
She should be mistress of her own behaviour!
这事必须马上处理
Something must be done at once
不然我们家族的名声就要被玷污了
before our family name is dragged through the mud!
贾德
Jud?
贾德
Jud!
普鲁迪
Prudie!
你找罗斯先生吗
'Ee be lookin' fer Mr Ross?
是的
I am.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth.
有人给你拿茶点了吗
Have you been offered some refreshment?
你的女仆已经尽力了
Your maid has done her best.
下去吧
You can go.
-罗斯 -怎么了
- Oh, Ross... - What is it?
这要我怎么说啊
How to even begin to put it into words...
别说了
Don't try.
你爱弗兰西斯 我也爱弗兰西斯
You love Francis, I love Francis.
这事不能再这么下去了
But this cannot be allowed to continue!
出去
Out.
老天 本本分分地尽职尽责
Damn me, if a man can't get about 'is sacred an' profane duties
-也要遭一顿... -出去
- wi'out a blastin' from... - Out!
你得去跟弗兰西斯谈谈
You must speak with Francis.
还有你伯父 你得去跟他们俩谈谈
And your uncle, you must speak with both of them.
我随后就到
I'll follow you directly.
给我备马
Saddle my horse.
提醒我回来再打你
And remind me to thrash you when I return.
没这必要吧 罗斯先生
In't no call for that, Mr Ross.
这不公平 不和气 不礼貌
Tidn' just, tidn' kind, tidn' civil...
不友好
..Tidn' friendly.
这事太糟糕了 罗斯
It's a bad business, Ross.
但我们必须尽力而为
But we must make the best of it.
瓦莱迪令我们十分失望
Verity has greatly disappointed us.
瓦莱迪
Verity?
你知道她在舞会上结识了一名男子吧
You're aware that she formed an attachment at the ball?
谁能不知道 她简直围着那男人团团转
Who could fail to be aware? She was all over the man!
那个船长 布莱米
The sea captain? Blamey?
他自那晚之后一直秘密追求她
He's been secretly paying court to her ever since.
肯定是希望
Hoping, no doubt,
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表