剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
so I came away with none.
很遗憾你们白跑了一趟
I'm sorry you had a wasted journey.
听说暴♥动♥的事了吗
Did you hear anything of the riots?
我们满脑子想着棉布和白棉布的事呢
With our heads full of muslin and calico?
瓦莱迪 我们下周再去吧
Verity, we must try again next week.
你有空吗
Can you spare the time?
当然
I can.
宴会如何
And how was the party?
跟你想的一样无聊吗
Dull as you feared?
还更甚
Duller.
恐怕动荡还未结束
I don't imagine we've seen the last of the unrest.
真不知我和瓦莱迪怎么会没碰上
I wonder how Verity and I missed it.
不过我们一直聊个不停 都没注意别的
But we'd so much to talk of, we barely noticed another soul.
瓦莱迪兴致似乎不错
Verity seemed in high spirits.
是啊
She did, indeed.
我好高兴 她应该感到欢乐
I'm that glad. She deserves to be content.
得趁现在抓住机会了
She should make the most of it.
什么意思
Why?
她的生活就要改变了
Her life is about to change...
变得糟糕
..And not for the better.
特鲁洛的人特别多
It was monstrous crowded in Truro.
肯文街上到处是矿工
Kenwyn Street was a boiling of miners
据说还发生了暴♥乱♥
- and there was talk of a riot.
家里这边也要发生暴♥乱♥了
There will be rioting closer to home soon.
这么多年了
All these years...
那是我出生之前了
Damn, it was old afore I was born.
老约翰·特伦威兹
Old John Trenwith
死前那年 第一次挖到矿
cut the first goffin the year afore he died.
两百年了
200 years ago.
从未关闭过 从未
And never closed. Not once.
不久之前 年产还上千呢
Not long since, it yielded thousands a year.
这样不对 不对啊
It don't seem right. It don't seem right, at all.
怎么了
What's this?
-你来说吗 -如此幸事 还是留给你吧
- Shall you tell her? - Or shall I let you have the pleasure?
几个月来 格兰布勒一直每况愈下
For months now, you know that Grambler has been failing.
她是说 弗兰西斯失败了
She means, Francis has been failing!
我们已经无力偿债
We could no longer afford the repayments on the loans.
就因为他肆意挥霍 管理不当
Thanks to his profligacy and mismanagement!
所以为了弥补损失 弗兰西斯今天压上了...
So, in an attempt to recoup these losses, Francis today staked...
是赌
Gambled...
矿井
..The mine.
跟人赌牌
On a game of cards.
他输了
He lost.
这意味着什么
What does this mean?
对于弗兰西斯
For Francis?
他失去了收入和颜面
Loss of income, loss of pride...
失去了家族遗产
..Loss of family inheritance.
对于瓦莱迪和伊丽莎白
For Verity and Elizabeth?
她们的生活水准会急剧下降
A sharp decline in their standard of living.
对于沃勒根一家
For the Warleggans?
他们有机会更进一步
A chance to tighten their stranglehold,
紧逼对手矿井
by closing down a rival mine.
至于在那里工作的可怜人
And for the poor souls who worked there?
他们将陷入困苦
Unimaginable hardship.
就因为一个人太软弱 而其他人太贪婪
All because one man was weak and others were greedy.
我以前还常羡慕伊丽莎白
So often, I've envied Elizabeth.
为什么
Why?
你以前为什么羡慕弗兰西斯
Why did you envy Francis?
你不用去的
There's no need for you to come.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth!
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth!
我的所作所为 不可饶恕
What I did was unforgiveable...
但我对你的爱
..But my love for you...
我的爱...
..My love will...
永远
always...
朋友们
My friends...
两百多年来 这一直是波达克家的矿井
..This has been a Poldark mine for over 200 years.
我们大家几代人一直齐心协力地经营它
Generations of all our families have worked it together.
我也曾希望 我的儿子能继承它
It was my dearest wish that my own son take it up,
但是 世道
but...time and...
机缘 毁灭了那一希望
circumstance have ruined that hope.
或许我们能重新聚在这里
It may be that we shall all meet here again...
看到矿井再次崛起
to see her resurrection, but...
但...现在
..For the...present...
已经中午十二点了
It is...it is now 12 noon.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth.
我能做点什么
What can I do?
弗兰西斯从没问过我那个问题
Not once has Francis asked me that question.
他是不敢
He's afraid to.
你得知道他并不希望让你沦落至此
You must know this was never what he intended for you.
但事实就是如此
And yet, it is how it is.
我们能撑过去 节缩开支 精打细算
And we shall weather it. Retrench, make economies.
还有很多人比我们更不好过
There are many worse off than we.
让弗兰西斯自怨自艾去吧
Let Francis feel sorry for himself.
我不会的
I will not do so.
他得小心点
He'll need to watch his step.
他年轻
He's young.
还帅气
And handsome!
不成熟
And green.
很自♥由♥
And free.
你羡慕他吗
Do you envy him?
有时候吧
Sometimes.
你说得对
You were right.
因为茱莉娅 这世界更艰难了
The world is a harder place now thanks to Julia.
风险更大了
The stakes are higher.
损失更令人心疼
Losses more painful.
但我并不想跟他换位
Yet, I would not change places with him.
我的人生因为风险而更珍贵
My life is more precious for being less certain
因为困窘而更丰富
and richer for being poorer.
他写的词什么意思
What does it mean?
Resurgam
"Resurgam"?
我将再起
"I shall rise again".
我们呢
Shall we?
希望如此
I hope so.
进了博德明监狱无异于死刑 先生
Bodmin Jail is as plain a death sentence as you could wish, sir.
-你有打算吗 -没有
- Do you have a plan? - None whatsoever.
吉姆 听到了吗
Jim, can you hear me?
-沃勒根一家要办舞会 -我们受邀了吗
- The Warleggans are giving a ball. - Are we invited?
不会有事吗 你劫狱
Will there not be trouble that you broke the jail
-帮犯人逃脱 -有事就有吧 我不在乎
- and helped a prisoner escape? - Let there be. I welcome it.
这事并未被忽视 先生
The matter has not gone unnoticed, sir.
瓦莱迪提到过安德鲁·布莱米了吗
Has Verity said anything about Andrew Blamey?
我不会为我们的爱情羞愧
I will not be ashamed of our love.
如果人们看到我们在一起 会出大事的
If we're seen together, it will be a disaster.
-让开 -你休想命令你妹妹
- Step aside. - Your sister is not to be commanded!
大家说她不知耻
Folk say she's brazen.
你再这样 就别想再来参加舞会了
If you behave like this, you'll not come to another!
你再这样 我就不想再来了
If you behave like this, I'll not want to!
-你要赌什么 -我在莱杰矿井的股份
- What do you intend to play with? - My stake in Wheal Leisure.
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表