剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
And I've no means to
我就没办法买♥♥下我们股东的股份
buy out our shareholders without risking all we have.
这栋房♥子 我们的土地
This house, our land...
我们的营生
our very livelihood.
你一定后悔嫁给我这个穷莽汉
You must be regretting your marriage to such a destitute rogue!
是吗
Must I?
是你给了我地位啊
After what you brought me to?
难道我如今如此金贵
Am I now such a great lady
以至会忘了我有今天全是因为你吗
as to forget where I'd be if we'd never met?
怎么了
What?
女人
Women.
是如此不同
None are created equal.
有些女人从不知足
Some...are never satisfied.
有些女人打不倒
Some could never be brought so low.
也有一些 会在逆境中奋起
And others thumb their nose at adversity and roll up their sleeves!
或许你后悔当初没娶个有钱女人了
Perhaps you wish you'd married a rich lady?!
我保证 我知道自己是多么幸运
I'm quite aware of my good fortune, I assure you.
问问爸爸我们有多少铜矿吧
Shall we ask Papa how much copper we sent?
-"我们" -我们家的矿井
- "We"? - Our mine.
格兰布勒 要拍卖♥♥出产铜矿了
Grambler...to the auction.
是一批还是两批
One parcel or two?
妈妈还挺懂行啊
Mama's becoming quite the expert.
希望能卖♥♥个好价钱
We must hope for a good price.
不过这肯定是不可能的了
Though we know we shan't get it!
除非价格很高
And unless the price goes sky-high,
爸爸就要当掉家族首饰了
Papa will have to start pawning the family jewels.
弗兰西斯
Francis...
或许有人会想买♥♥走妈妈呢
Perhaps someone will make a bid for Mama.
先生们 先生们 拍卖♥♥现在开始
Gentlemen. Gentlemen. The auction is now open.
首先拍卖♥♥格兰布勒的一小批铜矿
I have first to dispose of a dole of ore from Grambler.
45公吨♥
45 tonnes.
-糟糕透顶 -不像话
- Disastrous. - A scandal.
真丢脸
Disgrace!
每批矿的卖♥♥价都不到实际价值的一半
Every single parcel gone for half its true value.
再这样下去 我们卖♥♥矿还得倒贴钱了
We'll be paying them to take it off us next.
你知道你当上父亲后就特别无聊吗
You realise you've been uncommonly dull since you became a father?
-抱歉了 -没事 我有解乏的法子
- My apologies. - No matter, I've a remedy.
鉴于你平时没什么乐子
Seeing what little entertainment your life affords,
我给你弄得一份邀请
I have procured you an invitation.
-去哪里 -最好的乡间别♥墅♥宴会
- To what? - The ultimate house party.
如果这还不能逗你笑
And if that doesn't put a smile on your face...
先生们
Gentlemen.
我想两位对今天的交易并不满意吧
I take it you feel no satisfaction at the business done today?
谁会满意啊
Who the devil could?
那能否借一步来说话
Then, may I trouble you to step this way a moment?
希望你们保证 我们的谈话
We'd like your word that nothing that passes between us
不会外传
goes any further.
金妮
Jinny...
把馅饼拿出来晾着 我去迎接罗斯
put the tetty pie to cool. I'll walk out to meet Ross.
冶炼公♥司♥
'A smelting company?'
矿井自己经营
Run by the mines themselves?
听上去挺好
Well, it all rings very agreeable,
但这事绝不会轻松啊
but you'd be biting off no end of trouble.
我们知道 先生
We know that, sir.
冶炼公♥司♥自然不希望有竞争对手
The smelting companies will want no competition.
沃勒根银行也会支持他们
And the Warleggans will be behind 'em.
但我们所有人
But all of us here
都愿意团结一致
are willing to stand together
我们中有些人还有些现金
and some of us can lay our hands on a measure of cash.
但必须保密
But it requires secrecy.
说下一步之前 谁想入伙
So before we proceed, who wishes to join us?
你觉得呢 罗斯 太冒险了吗
What do you say, Ross? Too risky a venture?
正是你堂弟最先提出的
It was your cousin who first suggested it.
是吗
Did he?
我们不能再这样下去了
We can't go on as we are.
哪怕无果 我也宁可拼搏一番
And I would rather fail fighting,
而不是坐以待毙
than throw up my hands and wait for the end.
弗兰西斯·波达克先生呢
And Mr Francis Poldark?
我的财务状况目前...
My finances are, at present...
有些不便
somewhat complicated.
所以 我现在不能加入你们
So, I cannot, at this time, join you.
但我祝福你们
But I wish you well...
先生们 我真心祝福
Gentlemen. I do, indeed.
那么你们谁来领头呢 你吗 唐靳
And who is to be your leader? Is it you, Tonkin?
不是的 先生 我根本不合适
Oh, no, sir. I'm not at all the right man,
但我们就合适人选达成了一致
but we're all agreed on who is.
乡间别♥墅♥宴会
A house party!
在乔治·沃勒根家
At George Warleggan's.
想想看啊 小羊羔
Think of that, my lamb.
你母亲是位贵妇 你父亲是位绅士
Your mother's a lady, your father's a gent.
他的家族有几百年历史呢 是个高贵的家族
His name goes back hundreds of years and a good name it is.
波达克夫人
Mistress Poldark!
抱歉 我无意惊扰您
Forgive me, I don't mean to alarm you,
但我必须跟您说话
but I must speak.
好消息还是坏消息
Good news or bad?
都有 拍卖♥♥会并不乐观
Both. The auction was dismal, but...
我还有工作吗
I still have a job?
我又多了份工作
And I have a new one.
我之前太粗鲁了
I was unmannerly.
我这人就是脾气暴
I'm a man of strong temper
我这辈子都在努力克制脾气
and to control it has been the work of a lifetime,
但我绝不想与那些希望我幸福的人起争执
but God forbid that I should quarrel with those who wish me well.
布莱米船长 我不能久留
Captain Blamey, I cannot stay.
求您 听我说完
Hear me out, I beg you.
您走之后 我一直不能平静
Since your visit, I have been in turmoil.
我以为我已经忘记了她
I thought that I had put her behind me, but...
但我没有
..I had not.
弗兰西斯先生不能加入新成立的冶炼公♥司♥吗
Mr Francis cannot be part of the new smelting company?
他不愿
Will not.
其他把钱存在沃勒根银行的人也都不行
Nor others who bank with the Warleggans.
如果他们被发现 乔治会去收账
If their names were known, George would call in their debts.
那会毁了人家
To a man, they'd be ruined.
但我可能有折中的办法
But I may have found a compromise.
钱存在沃勒根银行的人可以匿名加入
Those who bank with Warleggans will keep their names secret.
没存在沃勒根银行的就公开加入
Those who bank elsewhere will let their names be known.
我的钱在帕斯科银行 所以乔治奈何我不得
I bank with Pascoe, so George cannot touch me.
你想怎么样
What do you want of me?
我想问您
To ask you...
我可以抱有希望吗
Am I to hope?
她父亲死了 我有机会了吗
With her father deceased, do I have a chance?
我能见她吗 怎么见 什么时候
May I see her? How? When?
我不知道 绝不能让我丈夫见到你
I don't know. My husband, he mustn't see you here.
他也反对我吗
Is he against me, too?
他之前可不反对
He wasn't before.
他反对我乱掺和不该掺和的事
He's against me stirring up what should be left alone.
他很快就会回家了
He'll be on his way home soon.
我得走了
I must go.
您能转告瓦莱迪吗
Will you tell Verity?
不行...吧 现在还不行
No... I think, not yet.
我会递消息给你
I'll send word.
多谢您 夫人
Bless you, ma'am.
我不会辜负您
I will not fail you.
或是她
Nor her.
你好像很开心 出什么事了吗
You seem excitable. Is something amiss?
没有啊
Nothing, no.
就是来了封信 请我们参加乔治·沃勒根的宴会
Only, a letter came, inviting us to George Warleggan's party.
我好开心
I'm that glad!
这下能弥补洗礼的事了
It'll make up for the christening.
我能让人看到 我也能穿华服
Now I'll show that I CAN wear fine clothes
举止文雅 跟他们一样
and behave all genteel, along with the best of them.
不行
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表