剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
如果你不挑战腐♥败♥和不公
If you do not challenge the corrupt and unjust,
那平民就会揭竿而起
then commoners will rise
那时你就没法帮助他们了
and then you'll be powerless to help them.
你希望我怎么做
What would you have me do?
我希望你站出来
I'd have you step up.
我希望你像个大人物
I'd have you be great!
我希望你能大声宣布你支持什么
I'd have you declare what you stand for!
你就是希望我搞个演讲 当个英雄
You would have me pontificate and play the hero --
摆些了不得的姿态出来
and make some grand dramatic gesture.
我不是那样的人 德梅尔扎
I am not that man, Demelza.
我从来都不是
I have never been that man.
如果你喜欢那种人 那我建议你去别处找吧
And if that's what you seek, I suggest you look elsewhere.
妈妈 我能求您帮个忙吗
Mama, may I beg a favour?
什么事 亲爱的
What is it, my sweet?
你能听听我朋友要说的话吗
Will you hear what my friend has to say?
请♥愿♥ 格兰布勒 绍尔和麦林的人发起的
A petition. From the people of Grambler, Sawle and Mellin.
问我能不能每蒲式耳粮食卖♥♥三十先令
Will I sell them grain at 30 shillings a bushel?
这帮人疯了吗
Are they mad?
他们不知道我们家还要做生意吗
Do they not realise my family has a business to run?
还要收回成本
Expenses to cover?
要是格兰布勒 绍尔和麦林的人买♥♥不起
If the people of Grambler, Sawle and Mellin cannot afford it,
那就谁买♥♥得起卖♥♥给谁
we will sell it to these who can.
如果在这一带登陆的话
If the landing happens here,
我们得疏散靠近海岸的农舍
we need to evacuate the cottages close to the shore
把住家转移到安全的地方去
and get the tenants out of harm's way.
如果需要的话...
If need be...
罗斯 有访客
Ross, you have a visitor.
"天生的领袖"
"A natural leader".
哪个傻瓜告诉你的
What fool told you that?
"敢动手 点子多 勇气足"
"Daring, resourceful, courageous."
无所牵挂通常被误以为是勇气
Courage is often confused with having nothing to lose.
但如果法国人在这登陆 我们的牵挂太多
We have much to lose here, if the French descend.
如果真来了 我相信我们会坚决抵抗
If they do, I trust we will rise to the occasion.
我也这么希望
That is my hope, too.
不过你我也都知道 有时候有了需要
Yet, as we both know, sometimes, when occasion beckons,
金杯送到眼前 却被拒绝
the chalice is offered -- and declined.
有时候金杯装的是毒酒
Sometimes the chalice is poisoned.
不尝一口怎么知道有没有毒
One never knows until one tries.
我的第二候选人就无所顾忌
My second choice of candidate had no such scruples.
乔治是个很厉害的政客
George is a first-rate politician.
我看你不是在夸他吧
I doubt you mean that as a compliment.
可只有烈火才能验真金
Yet the event often proves the worth of the man.
时候到了 英雄在哪
Cometh the hour?
你的意思是说这种破坏行为
Are you suggesting that this persecution
是我家下人干的
is the work of our servants?
我很抱歉这么说 夫人
I'm sorry to say so, ma'am.
我也相信您肯定不知情
And I know it must be unbeknown to you.
我不知情 你是说沃勒根先生知情吗
To me? Are you saying it is known to Mr Warleggan?
我不知道 夫人
I can't say that, ma'am.
我只知道汤姆·哈利威胁我的顾客
All I do know is, Tom Harry have threatened my customers,
砸了我的炉子 烧了我的铺子
breek'd my forge and set light to my workshop.
他来干什么
What is this man doing here?
他有事要求见我 而且...
He asked to speak to me and...
滚出去
Get out of my house.
我无意冒犯您 太太
I meant no offence, ma'am.
没关系
None has been taken.
滚 不然我把你扔出去
Now! Before I have you thrown out.
那个小滑头来干什么
Why was that upstart here?
要我替他主持公道
To ask me to intervene on his behalf.
主持公道
Intervene?
你是不是曾经叫人
Is it true that you've been attempting
把他从铁匠铺赶出去
to drive him from his forge?
他住在那儿就是罗斯的公开挑衅
His presence there is a deliberate affront by Ross!
所以你就可以找他麻烦了吗
And that justifies this harassment?
砸了他的店 赶了他的客
Wrecking a man's workshop, threatening his customers?
拜托 我根本不知道细节
Good God, I know no details,
具体事务我交给汤姆·哈利了
I leave the minutiae to Tom Harry!
既然小事不配入你的耳
If the details are beneath you,
那威胁一个唯一的错误就是
is not also the intimidation of a young man
和罗斯有关系的年轻人 就是你该做的事吗
whose only crime is to be related to Ross Poldark?
德雷克·卡恩违抗我
Drake Carne defied me.
他往我们的池塘里放蟾蜍
He brought toads to our pond.
不管汤姆决定采取什么办法
Whatever Tom saw fit to do...
汤姆·哈利是个恶棍 我要你解雇他
Tom Harry is a brute and I want him dismissed.
我不想惹麻烦
I want no trouble.
那你就不该
Should've thought about that
擅闯私人领地
before you came trespassing on private property.
我没擅闯 我是来找沃勒根太太的
I aren't trespassin'. I came to speak to Mrs Warleggan.
我们信他吗
Do we believe him?
那好吧 伙计们
Right, lads.
揍他
Scat him up!
汤姆
Tom!
祈祷你的蟾蜍能来救你吧
Best hope your blessed toads come save 'ee!
牧师 我自作主张去找了亚瑟
I took the liberty, Vicar, of visiting Arthur
问他是否愿意接受少一点的嫁妆
to see if he would be willing to accept a smaller sum.
结果呢
And?
考虑到我要做出的巨大牺牲
In consideration of the very great sacrifice I would be making,
这事关我的原则
to my principles,
我的名誉
to my reputation...
我能接受的最低数额是七百镑
.. the very least I could accept is £700.
我求他了 牧师
I've pleaded with him, Vicar,
但他说 有些事我不懂
but he says there are things I do not understand.
我们会需要一间农舍
We will need a cottage.
还有家具
With furnishings.
和花♥园♥
And a garden.
或许你还想要一辆马车 和几个男仆
Perhaps you'd like a carriage too? And several footmen?
这是最可恶的敲诈 滚
This is extortion of the grossest kind. Get out!
我还记得我第一次见你那么做的时候
I remember when I first saw you do that.
好久之前了
A lifetime ago.
我看着你从新兵 反抗权威
How I saw you go from raw ensign and scourge of authority
成了得力的年轻上尉
to able young captain.
你也记得我是怎么获得晋升的吧
You'll also recall how I earned that promotion.
是作为詹姆斯溪偷袭的最后一个幸存者
By being the last man standing after the ambush at James Creek.
一件事没变
One thing remains consistent --
你总是自我贬低
your propensity for self-deprecation.
你有原则 要求高
You're principled and high-minded.
但有时候 想要促成改变 就必须想尽办法
But, sometimes, in order to affect change, hands must be dirtied.
原谅我 牧师
Forgive me, Vicar.
我想告诉你我已经给主教写了信
I wish to let you know that I've written to the Bishop.
我求他为我祈祷
I've asked him to pray for me.
你不是把你的情况告诉了他吧
You haven't told him about your condition?
他绝不会信你的
He will never believe you.
他会觉得你是个歇斯底里的孩子
He will think you an hysterical child.
我还提到了你左屁♥股♥上的痣
I've also mentioned the mole you have on your left buttock.
形状像猪尾巴 很特别
Shaped like a pig's tail? 'Tis very distinctive.
我给他画了下来
I've drawn it for him.
你真是最邪恶
You are the most evil...
牧师 我觉得亚瑟会愿意
I think, Vicar, that Arthur would be willing
我把信给你
for me to give you this letter.
以换取五百镑
In exchange for £500.
你就不该让他去
You should never've let him go.
他说就是去拜访一下
'Twas but a courtesy call, he said.
德雷克
Drake!
天呐
Dear God.
-他死了吗 -他还有气 去找人帮忙
- Is he dead? - He's breathing. He's still breathin'! Get help!
去基勒沃伦找德怀特
Go to Killewarren and fetch Dwight.
你还活着真是走运
You're lucky to be alive.
是谁干的
Who did this?
说不好
Can't rightly say.
我没见着他们的脸
I never see'd their faces.
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表