剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
And the Poldark brat?
每天都越来越像他爸爸了
Grows more like his father every day.
被宠坏了 爱耍性子
Spoilt, petulant.
而且过于依赖他母亲
And overly attached to his mother.
四个字
Two words.
寄宿学校
Boarding school.
慢慢来 叔叔
Softly, Uncle.
这种事必须一步一步来
These things must be done by degrees.
其实今天下午我就要处理这件事
But, in fact, I will be tackling the subject this very afternoon
等我们成为康沃尔
after we've commenced our mission
唯一一家银行后
to be the only bank in Cornwall.
是波达克上尉吗
Be this Cap'n Poldark?
我弟弟 德雷克
My brother, Drake.
什么风把你吹来了
What brings you here?
我爸爸 他让我来接我姐姐
Father, sir, did send for Sister.
为什么
To what purpose?
为了告别 他要不行了
To make his farewells. He's a-dyin'.
你要去吗
Will you go?
我不想去 他从未爱过我
I've no liking to. The man never loved me.
除了一身伤 他什么也没给过我
All he ever give'd me was bruises.
我也一样
And I.
虽然悲痛 我还是觉得应该拒绝
Though it do grieve me, I think I must decline.
是萨姆哥哥要我来的
'Tis brother Sam did urge me here.
我和他说过你不会回去
I tell'd him 'ee wouldn't come back.
并不是因为我不爱你
'Tis not for want of love of thee.
我知道 姐姐
I do know that, Sister.
时日将近 带来新的痛苦
Impending arrival brings fresh travail.
真令人振奋
That's cheerful.
血脉 名誉 目的 命运
Blood, name, purpose, fate --
塔罗牌什么也没告诉我
the cards tell me naught.
但他就要来了
But he's coming,
比我们想得要早
sooner than we think.
罗斯叔叔
Uncle Ross!
进屋去 孩子 下等人越来越多了
Come indoors, boy. The rabble are mustering.
要我把你的问候传达给
Would you like me to convey your respects
沃勒根小少爷吗
to young Master Warleggan?
好啊
By all means,
如果他存在的话
if ever he exists.
开个邪恶的银行还不够
As if that monstrous bank were not enough.
乔治现在还非得卖♥♥弄他
Now George must flaunt his ownership
对特伦威兹的波达克的占有
of all the Trenwith Poldarks.
他是想让我破产
Well, he means to put me out of business.
他的霸权与日俱增
Every day, he grows more dominant.
他该去和法国打仗
The war with France suits him.
恩尼斯这样的人都去打仗了
Men like Enys go off to fight
乔治却待在家 越发富有
while George stays home and grows rich.
发横财的好办法
Fine way to make a profit.
说点高兴的事
But of matters more pleasant --
你的账户状况不错
your accounts are healthy,
矿井也很景气
your mine prospers.
我的土地收成好 我的家人也好
My land thrives, my family is well,
我向我妻子保证过 我不会再打仗了
and I promised my wife my fighting days are done.
那还有什么可担心的
Then what could possibly go wrong?
我真为你现在的生活高兴 姐姐
It did gladden the heart to see how 'ee live now, Sister --
过得这么满足
in such contentment
和波达克上尉这样的好人一起生活
and with so fine a gent as Cap'n Poldark.
是的 弟弟 我真的很幸运
Yes, Brother. Truly, I am blessed.
告诉父亲 我会为他祈祷
Tell Father that I'll pray for him.
莫文娜
Morwenna!
这边 女士
This way, madam.
我们是来要钱的吗 妈妈
Are we here to ask for money, Mama?
别这么粗俗 莫文娜
Don't be uncouth, Morwenna.
你父亲或许没给我们留下什么
Your father may have left us destitute,
但我们还没沦落到要乞讨的地步
but we are not so vulgar as to beg.
亲爱的查诺韦斯太太
My dear Mrs Chynoweth.
如此高贵的家族
Such a noble family name
真不该落得如此窘迫
and so undeserving of your current misfortune.
希望我能在这个好日子为您效劳
I hope I can be of service on this auspicious day.
这是我女儿 莫文娜
May I present my daughter, Morwenna?
我很荣幸能与你成为亲属
I have the honour to be your relation,
因为我娶了你的堂亲 伊丽莎白
since I married your cousin, Elizabeth.
你们或许已经知道
And, as you may know,
我们的第一个孩子下个月便会出生
our first child will be born next month.
但我担心我的继子
Yet I worry for my stepson.
他病了吗
Is he unwell?
幸好没有
Thankfully, no,
但他要有弟弟妹妹了
but with the arrival of a sibling,
我担心他接下来可能得不到应有的关注了
I'm concerned he may no longer receive the attention he deserves.
但我最近和你母亲谈过
But I've been speaking with your mother
我想我们已经有了解决办法
and we think we've found a solution.
银行开业典礼真是无聊
The bank opening was so dull.
我让崔格斯一结束就送我回家了
I made Trigg take me home as soon as it was over.
乔治叔叔回来了
Uncle George has returned.
可和他在一起的是谁呢
But who is that with him?
家庭女教师
A governess?
什么意思
What on earth do you mean?
对不起 堂妹 我并不是对你有意见
Forgive me, cousin, this is no reflection on you.
只不过 你没和我商量
It's just... we have never discussed this.
杰弗里·查尔斯要家庭教师干什么呢
Why would Geoffrey Charles even need a governess?
亲爱的 你肯定理解我的用意
My dear, you must see what I'm thinking!
谁都看得出来
Oh, we do!
难道你希望
Do we want him to feel neglected
他去寄宿学校前的最后一年觉得受忽视吗
in his final year before he goes away to school?
我们不是说好了不送他去寄宿学校
But I thought we'd agreed he would not go away.
我会非常想念他 他也会想念我
I would miss him too much, and he would miss me.
可你堂妹这么和蔼可亲
But your cousin is a most amiable girl.
当然 她无法取代你
She's, of course, no substitute for you,
但她会帮助孩子不那么依赖你
yet she will help him to be less dependent.
而且她的到来也能减轻你的负担
And her presence here will take the burden off you.
我的儿子并不是我的负担
My son is not a burden to me.
我怎么可能会答应
And how can I applaud an arrangement
我不再是我孩子生命中最重要的人呢
in which I am no longer the major influence in my child's life?
可你终究会不再是啊
But how could you ever continue to be
不出一个月 你就要开始照顾我们的孩子
when, in a month, you will have our child to care for?
我要的东西都买♥♥回来了吗
You fetched all I asked for?
够你摆一桌宴席了
Now you can supply the feast.
前提是客人会来
If you can supply the guests.
我在乔治新开张的银行门口看见他了
I saw George outside his new bank.
杰弗里·查尔斯和他在一起
Geoffrey Charles was with him.
他是自愿的吗
By choice?
弗兰西斯在九泉之下也不会安宁的
Francis must be turning in his grave.
矿上传话给您 来了客人
Message from the mine. 'Ee have a visitor.
神秘的客人是谁
Who's our mystery caller?
-你好 罗斯叔叔 -你好 侄子
- Well, Uncle Ross. - Well, Nephew.
看来 你逃出来了
So, you've escaped your jailers?
看见你让我想起了我爸爸
Seeing you reminded me of Papa,
所以我想 "干嘛不去他矿上走走呢"
so I thought, "Why should I not go and visit his mine?"
-随时欢迎你来 -我也希望如此
- You're welcome any time. - So I should hope.
毕竟 我身上留着采矿的血
After all, mining is in my blood.
你父亲肯定告诉过你 采矿很辛苦
Your father must have told you, mining is hard.
结果也难料
And the results uncertain.
这是如假包换的矿石
This seems real enough.
这块是成品
Well, that's the finished article.
我想亲自去挖矿石 可以吗
I should like to find some for myself. May I?
看见这个了吗 一块上好的石英
See here? This is a fine quartzy rock.
闪闪发光的金属就是这么来的吗
And that becomes bright, shiny metal?
听起来很简单 是吧
Sounds easy, does it not?
我是特伦威兹仅剩的波达克了
To think I'm the last of the Trenwith Poldarks.
-你把阿加莎祖姑母给忘了 -你也是啊
- You forget Aunt Agatha. - So do you.
反正她是这样说的
Or so she tells me!
我经常想起她
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表