剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
he was here under my very nose?
我还是不是这里的主人
Am I master here or not?
你准备见惠特沃思先生吧
You will prepare yourself to meet Mr Whitworth.
我邀请他过来了
I've invited him here
你最好热情接待他
and expect you to give him a warm reception.
可是
Oh, but...
-我本希望能再考虑考虑 -查诺韦斯小姐
- I'd hoped for more time. - Miss Chynoweth,
你根本不知道他为等待你的答复
if you had any idea of the agony he suffers
受了多少痛苦
whilst awaiting your answer.
他已经心烦意乱 不知所措
He is quite distraught and hardly knows what to do with himself.
我以为你现在都该结婚了
I thought you'd be wed by now.
被耽搁了 非常尴尬
The delay is deuced awkward.
男人是有需求的 如果不能由妻子满足
A man has needs, and if they remain unfulfilled by a wife,
就得从别处寻求满足了
he must satiate them elsewhere.
那你的未婚妻呢
And, er, your intended?
她是彪悍型还是温顺型的
Do she have a sturdy or a gentle nature?
那关你什么事
What's that to you?
说起来 我也不在意
Or me, for that matter...
-两位日安 -上尉
- Good day to you both. - Captain.
-上尉 -我在为上帝之事奔走
- Captain... - You find me about God's holy work.
相信那在这一带很有需要
I'm sure it's much needed hereabouts.
的确
Indeed.
是的
Yes!
让堕落的女子皈依上帝 是我的使命
It is my mission to bring fallen women to God.
我们都有各自的重任
We all have our cross to bear.
您这样下楼来好吗 女士
Should you be venturing downstairs, ma'am?
我送您回房♥间吧
Let me help you back to your room.
怎么 要我错过这好戏吗
What, and have me miss the entertainment?
我不是让你们清理池塘
Were you not instructed to clear the pond,
一只也不留吗
down to the very last specimen?
我们照做了
An' so we did.
所以我也不明白它们怎么又出现了
So I can't imagine how they came to return.
你们马上再清理一次
You will set about the task again,
这一次 让那些令人恶心的东西彻底消失
and this time I want no trace of the loathsome objects.
弗兰西斯和罗斯小时候可喜欢蟾蜍了
When Francis and Ross were boys, they loved toads!
特别是罗斯 他绝不会杀了它们
Ross especially. He would never have had them killed.
不过 他本就不是肆意破坏的人
But then, he was not for mindless destruction.
他更乐意施行援救
Much prefers a rescue mission!
他在法国单枪匹马打败了二十人
In France he beat 20 men single-handed.
一定是报道夸张了
I believe the reports were exaggerated.
我们怎么知道他不只是派人进去
And how do we know he didn't send in his men
自己就在外面等着呢
while he himself waited outside?
你没参过军 乔治 你不会明白的
You're not a soldier, George. You wouldn't understand.
能走在这样的人身边 真是荣幸
Such an honour, to be allowed to walk along with such a man!
沐浴在他的荣光下
To bask in his glory.
你这次做的事 不比从博德明监狱
What you did was no more lawful than
救出吉姆·卡特更合法
breaking Jim Carter out of Bodmin,
可当时你被判犯下重罪
but then you were a felon.
现在你成了英雄
Now you're a hero.
我也觉得很讽刺
The irony has not escaped me.
卡罗琳还好吗
And how was Caroline?
还有德怀特
And Dwight?
不知道 似乎有点...
I don't know. There's something...
我觉得他们现在有点不安
It seems to me they're ill at ease.
德怀特的心思不在这儿
Dwight's...far away.
而卡罗琳又说个不停
And Caroline just talks.
我猜也是这样
I suspected as much.
可以说 救德怀特回来是简单的部分
In some ways, bringing Dwight home was the easy part.
这儿呢
There!
德雷克去年夏天抓来的蟾蜍肯定生崽了
Drake's toads from last summer must have bred.
希望不会
I hope not.
可他这么做是为了我们 文娜
But he did it for us, Wenna.
逗我们笑
To make us laugh!
尤其是你
You especially.
我
I?
他和我说你有时候看起来很难过
He told me he thought you looked sad sometimes.
他愿意做任何事逗你笑
And that he'd do anything to make you smile.
他真的这么说吗
Did he really say that?
你不相信吗
Do we doubt it?
如果我们有机会给予或收获快乐...
If we see a chance to give or take pleasure in this world...
难道不该抓住这样的机会吗
..Ought we not to seize it?
可是...我们无权期盼幸福吧
But...surely we've no right to expect happiness.
只能尽好自己的职责
All we can do is our duty.
我们的职责就是寻找幸福
I believe 'tis our duty to find happiness...
-从大事或小情中 -比如说蟾蜍
- ..In great things, or small. - Like toads!
杰弗里少爷
Master Geoffrey!
我马上就回来
I'll return directly.
你不该这么做的
You shouldn't have done it.
你看见它们的时候笑了吗
Did you laugh when you saw 'em?
有一点
A little.
那就值了
Then it was worth it.
请你别再这么做了
Please don't attempt it again.
有些事不值得冒险
Some things are not worth the risk.
可有些值得
Some are.
你来干什么
Why have you come?
-我把你赶走了 -我确实走了
- I sent you away. - And I went.
我本来打算忘了你
Meaning to put you behind me.
可我满脑子想的都是你
But all I could think of was you.
日日夜夜...
Day and night...
时时刻刻
..Sun and moon,
睡觉时 醒着时 干活儿时 做梦时
sleeping, waking, working, dreaming...
没有你 我的生命就没有价值
My life is naught without you.
你该走了
I think you should go.
那就告诉我你希望我走
Tell me you wish me to go, then.
因为我不相信这是真的
For I can't believe the words
除非你是真心实意说出这些话
till I know they've come from the heart.
德雷克 你为什么认为这跟心意有关
Drake, why do you suppose this has anything to do with the heart?
这个世界不是这样的
That is not how the world works.
可我们就在这个世界中 必须遵守规则
But we are in the world, and must keep to its rules!
-必须 -是的
- Must we? - Yes!
如果你还不知道的话...
And if you don't know that by now...
我什么都不知道 莫文娜 只知道你告诉我的
I don't know anything, Morwenna, except for what you tell me.
看着我的眼睛 告诉我你不爱我
So look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me.
我得走了
I must go.
我能很快再见你吗
Will I see you soon?
我会给你捎信的
I'll send word.
我会送来更多的蟾蜍
And I'll send more toads.
要是你被人抓到...
If you were caught...
不会的 那会让你笑就行
I shan't be! Just to know it made 'ee smile.
亲爱的
My love?
我们睡觉吧
Shall we to bed?
抱歉
Forgive me.
我已经习惯了一整晚不睡
I'm so accustomed to being awake at all hours of the night.
现在都不知道怎么睡觉了
I barely know how to sleep these days.
我说的不是呼呼大睡
I was not suggesting sleep.
我想下楼去看会儿书
I think I'll go downstairs and read a while.
有好多东西要看
There's much work to catch up on.
你觉得德怀特和卡罗琳不相配吗
Do you think Dwight and Caroline are ill-suited?
我觉得卡罗琳爱着德怀特
I think Caroline is in love with Dwight.
或者说 爱着想象中的德怀特
Or rather, the idea of Dwight.
可我认为她是不会了解他的 尤其是现在
But I don't think she'll ever know him. Especially now.
现在
Now?
战争带给一个人的痛苦是旁人无法理解的
War takes a man places where no-one can follow.
可如果他的妻子都无法帮助他
But if a man's wife cannot help him,
还有谁能帮他呢
who can?
汤姆·哈利在哪
Where is Tom Harry?
他又放蟾蜍了 文娜 他又来了
He did it again, Wenna! He did it again!
罗斯 我们走吧
Well, Ross, should we be off?
我知道谁能帮德怀特了
I think I know who can help Dwight.
你真是废物到家了
Is there no end to your incompetence?
对不起 先生
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表