剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
Brother and Mr Zacky'll be soon done.
莫文娜小姐
Miss Morwenna.
你怎么来了
Why are you here?
我跟我哥哥来的 他有事找沃勒根太太谈
I came with my brother. He had to speak with Mrs Warleggan.
跟德雷克说 莫文娜
Tell Drake, Morwenna.
说妈妈和乔治叔叔不在时他一定要来看我们
Tell him he must visit whenever Mama and Uncle George are away.
-那恐怕... -你也会愿意的
- Oh, I'm not sure... - You'd like that.
你知道你会的
You know you would.
你总说起他
You're always talking about him.
如果我写信邀你来 你会来吗
If I write a note, inviting you to the house, will you come?
别介意我问
Oh, pardon my asking...
你识字吧
you can read?
当然
Of course!
我得走了
I think I must go.
那下次再见 莫文娜小姐
Until the next time, Miss Morwenna.
等沃勒根先生回来 我会跟他说
I'll speak to Mr Warleggan when he returns
你们认为我先夫
and explain that you view this promise,
许下的这个承诺是有效的
made by my late husband, as a binding one.
当然 我不能保证他会改主意
Of course, I cannot guarantee he'll reconsider.
愿主指引您 教您按他的旨意行事
May the Lord ever guide 'ee and teach 'ee to walk in his ways.
我们不再耽搁您了
And we'll take no more of your time.
-祝你们日安 -日安
- Good day to you both. - Good day.
今天成效还不错
All in all, 'twas a good day's work.
怎么办
What now?
我们要走了
We appear to be leaving.
今天有人来找你吗 堂姐
You had visitors today, cousin?
村里的矿工 请求我丈夫
Miners from the village, petitioning my husband
允许他们使用我们地界内的一间礼拜堂
about the use of a meeting house on our land.
让他们用吧
Let 'em have it, I say!
是啊 伊丽莎白 毕竟
Hark 'ee, Elizabeth! After all,
那是 或将来会是这孩子的地盘
'tis actually the child's land - or will be.
没想到伊丽莎白那么通情达理
I'm surprised Elizabeth was that civil.
因为他们小心没透露姓氏
Cos they were careful not to tell 'er their names.
还有他们跟罗斯的亲戚关系
Or their connection to Ross.
你一直那么看重祈祷吗
'Ave 'ee always bin a fiend for prayer?
不 佩因特太太
Nay, Mistress Paynter.
我二十年来都不曾信奉上帝
I did live without God, in the gall o' bitterness
生活在怨愤和邪恶之中
an' th' bond of iniquity for upward o' 20 year.
直到上帝宽恕了我的罪孽 释放了我的灵魂
Till God did pardon my sins an' set my soul at liberty.
而今萨姆比我们都更相信救赎了
An' now Sam 'ave found salvation stronger than th' rest of us.
姐姐 我有事求你
Sister, I've a favour to ask of 'ee.
说吧
Yes?
你能教我识字吗
Will 'ee teach me t' read?
你严厉吗
Were you stern?
公允
Fair.
我发出了一条明确的信息
I sent out a clear message.
如果罪行严重 就别指望仁慈
Where the crime is severe, expect no mercy -
还有好几个人称赞了我的法官袍子
and I had several compliments on my robes.
你不在时 有人来过
While you were away we had visitors.
-几个循道宗教♥徒♥ -循道宗教♥徒♥
- Some Methodists. - Methodists?
扎奇·马丁和另一个人
Zacky Martin and another man,
来问格兰布勒礼拜堂的事
asking after the Grambler meeting house.
这些宗教教派让我不安
These religious sects make me uneasy -
他们是革命的温床
they're seedbeds for revolution.
他们坚持说弗兰西斯把地许给了他们
They insist Francis had promised them the land.
-这是真的吗 -我觉得扎奇·马丁不会撒谎
- But did he? - I doubt Zacky Martin would lie.
-另一个人呢 -看上去很真诚
- And the other man? - Seemed genuine.
扎奇好像喊他萨姆
I think Zacky called him Sam.
卡恩
Carne.
萨姆尔·卡恩
Samuel Carne.
德梅尔扎的弟弟
Demelza's brother.
那么
So...
现在你看清他们的意图了吧
now you see the plan?
罗斯让他的妻弟 趁我不在时
Ross sends his brother-in-law to take advantage
来占我们的便宜
as soon as my back is turned.
再次来侵犯我们的生活
To encroach upon our lives yet again!
真不敢相信 他会如此大胆
I cannot believe he would presume...
-但他又这么做了 -他好放肆
- And yet he has, once again. - How dare he?
那我们达成一致了
So we're in agreement?
绝不能把地让给他们
They must on no account be allowed the land?
绝不能
On no account.
快走
Allez!
走吧
Avance!
乔治语气很确定
George was adamant, quite certain of it.
他的名字不在任何名单上
His name was not on any lists?
罗斯还没回来呢
Well, Ross 'as not yet returned.
为了我们所有人 希望他已经登上回家的船
I hope for all our sakes he is now aboard a ship bound for home.
离开法国也好
Good riddance t' France, I say!
我从未这么高兴
I've never been so glad
离开那个人间地狱
t' see th' back o' that godforsaken cess-pit.
根本犯不着留在那里
Woulda bin more 'n our life's worth t'ave stayed.
你不惹事 不多嘴
What 'ee did - keep yer head down an' yer mouth shut -
那是明智之举
'tis what any sensible man would do.
是啊
Indeed.
捎信儿给我妻子 我要晚回去了
Get word to my wife - I've been delayed.
罗斯 罗斯
Ross. Ross!
快 到处找
Allez, cherchez partout!
"小罗斯上尉非常遗憾"
"Young Cap'n Ross d' most sincerely regret? "
他会后悔只送了帽子回来
O he'll regret ever sendin' home his hat,
等我收拾完他 他就戴不上那顶帽子了
for it won't fit his head when I've done with him!
-这不对 -不合适
- Ted'n right. - Ted'n fit.
-不公平 -不成体统
- Ted'n fair. - Ted'n proper.
他还有个孩子 你又怀着一个
With a chile to raise an' another on th' way?
还要管理农场和矿井
A farm t' run an' a mine beside?
男人真是大胆 就指望我们听他们的
How th' menfolk 'ave th' cheek to expect us t' do their biddin'!
幸好我们从不听话
Lucky we never do.
我还在气罗斯的无礼
I'm still livid at Ross's insolence.
我也是 竟然鼓励如此的放肆行为
I, too. To encourage such presumption.
鼓励 肯定是他计划好的
Encourage? He's surely planned it,
再次给我们制♥造♥麻烦
to cause disruption to us yet again.
天啊 我们就无法摆脱他了吗
Dear God, are we never to be rid of him?
在这里或许不能 但在别处呢
Not here perhaps. But elsewhere?
如果我们搬去特鲁洛的宅子
If we removed to our town house in Truro,
我们就能远离他了
we'd be out of his immediate vicinity.
当然 我们要带上瓦伦丁
Of course we'd take Valentine with us.
那杰弗里·查尔斯呢
And Geoffrey Charles?
他可以跟莫文娜和你祖姑母留在这里
He could remain with Morwenna and your aunt.
当然 我会想念他的 但
I'll miss him, of course, but...
如果能摆脱罗斯
..The thought of being out of Ross's reach.
那我们今天就走吧
Then shall we leave today?
越早越好
The sooner the better!
萨姆
S-S-Sam. Sam.
迪
Dee...
德
De...
德梅尔扎
Demelza.
他同意了吗
He said yes?
他说我们必须停止修葺 无论如何
He said we mus' put down our tools an' set no foot there again
都别再踏入那里
on pain o' death.
为什么
Why?
那对他有什么损失
What would it cost him?
这对他有什么...
How could it hurt him to...?
当然了 他肯定是得知了你们是我的弟弟
Of course. He must know that you're my brothers.
天啊 非要总这么斗吗
Judas! Must it always be such a battle?
跟我握手 杰弗里·查尔斯
Shake my hand, Geoffrey Charles.
年轻的绅士就该如此
That's what young gentlemen do.
记住 莫文娜 让他坚持学习
Remember, Morwenna, keep him at his studies.
当然 别让他浪费时间打牌
Of course. And don't let him waste his time at cards.
绝不会的
Wouldn't dream of it!
我会想你的 妈妈
I'll miss you, Mama.
这下我们可以好好玩了
Now we can have some fun!
怪不得父亲不愿跟你分开
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表