剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
他们觉得我不够健康 不能回到岗位上
I'm considered unfit to resume my duties.
至少现在
As yet.
我为你感到遗憾
For your sake, I'm sorry.
不必
Don't be.
我不介意再在这儿康复一阵
I dare say I can bear to convalesce here a while longer.
我送你去教堂好吗 潘万纳小姐
May I escort you to church, Miss Penvenen?
我们终于可以不用再装作在求爱了
Finally, we may end our pretence of courtship.
请吧 恩尼斯医生
Pray do, Dr Enys.
妻子 婚宴之前 我应该利用下这机会
I think, wife, before the reception, I shall avail myself.
不 我求你 我还没从昨晚恢复过来
No, I beg you - I'm not recovered from last night.
别逼我打你
Don't make me strike you!
我会的
So help me I will!
圣保罗说
In the words of St Paul,
"你们作妻子的 当顺服自己的丈夫
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your husbands
如同顺服主"
as unto the Lord."
罗斯沃中尉
And Lieutenant Rosewall.
波达克上尉和波达克太太
Captain Poldark and Mistress Poldark.
德怀特·恩尼斯 我以为这一天我盼不到了
Dwight Enys. I never thought I'd see the day.
查尔斯·特拉戈因夫妇
Mr and Mrs Charles Tragoine.
她每天都感谢你带他回家
She do bless you daily for bringing him home.
奥斯本·惠特沃思牧师和惠特沃思夫人
The Reverend Osborne Whitworth and Mrs Whitworth.
莫文娜脸色好苍白
Morwenna looks pale.
肯定是那小孩让她恶心
Doubtless the brat is making her nauseous.
或者是她丈夫
Or possibly her husband?
法尔茅斯勋爵和高尔夫人
Lord Falmouth and Mrs Gower.
-恭喜 亲爱的 -谢谢
- Congratulations, my dear. - Thank you.
有如此大的权力 还能促成我进入议会
To wield such power... And my conduit to Parliament.
得了 亲爱的 别假装你不会喜欢那样的地位
Come, my dear, let us not pretend we would not enjoy like status.
莉莉考特夫妇
Mr and Mrs Lilycoat.
法尔茅斯勋爵
My Lord Falmouth.
各位大人 女士们先生们 原谅我
My lords, ladies and gentlemen. Forgive me.
我保证言简意赅 但我的感激之情滔滔不绝
I promise to be brief in my words but profuse in my thanks.
敬卡罗琳 她让我成了最幸福的人
To Caroline, for making me the happiest of men.
敬在座各位 感谢你们来参加我们的婚礼
To all of you, for joining our festivities.
但最该敬的 是让我和卡罗琳
But, above all, to one man, to whom it is entirely due
今天能站在这里结为夫妻的人
that Caroline and I stand here today as man and wife.
请各位举杯 敬我认识的最崇高的
May I ask you to raise your glasses to the noblest,
最勇敢的人
bravest man I've ever known.
罗斯·波达克上尉
Captain Ross Poldark.
罗斯·波达克上尉
Captain Ross Poldark!
可以吗
If you'll permit me?
就说几句话
Just a few words.
别脸红了 波达克上尉
Saving your blushes, Captain Poldark,
我也要向坎佩尔的英雄表达一下感激
but I too must express gratitude to the Hero of Quimper
感谢他救了我的侄子 休·阿米蒂奇上尉
for saving my nephew, Lieutenant Hugh Armitage.
我赞同
I second that.
坎佩尔的英雄
The Hero of Quimper!
坎佩尔的英雄
The Hero of Quimper!
大人 这是我的妻子 德梅尔扎
My Lord, may I present my wife, Demelza?
你丈夫不喜欢做英雄 夫人
Your husband is a reluctant hero, ma'am.
但他躲不过功勋带来的名望
Yet he cannot avoid the fame attaching to his exploit.
我只希望那不会冲昏他的头脑
I only hope it will not go to his head and
引诱他再次冒险
induce him to embark on another!
真难得看到一个妻子
It is a novelty to find a wife
如此渴望把丈夫留在家里
so eager to keep her husband at home.
不过 英格兰或许还是需要他
But England may yet have need of him.
那么先生 我相信我们都能拥有他
Then, sir, I believe neither of us will be lacking.
你们一定要来拜访一下我们
You must come and visit us some time.
谢谢你
Thank you.
看见我的对手了吗
You see what I'm up against?
他就是个自大狂 他老婆就是个娼妓
The man is a braggart, his wife is a trull!
这整件事就是浪费时间
This whole event is a waste of time.
你不喜欢法尔茅斯勋爵吗
You're no admirer of Lord Falmouth?
哪个有原则的人会喜欢
What man of principle could be?
半个康沃尔都由他掌控 他还不满足
Not content with running half of Cornwall,
还得控制特鲁洛
he must also be Lord of Truro!
郡议会怎么会成为
How can it be that the corporation
一个有钱人的私人财产呢
is treated as a rich man's chattel?
那不是让你们所有人都成笑柄了
Does it not make you all a laughing stock?
是的 所以郡议员们越发不满
It does. Hence the growing discontent among the burgesses.
不过我在法国的经历告诉我
And yet my experience in France has taught me
光有不满解决不了问题
that discontent alone is no solution.
除非另有更合格的人选
Unless a worthy alternative is offered...
合格的政♥治♥家
A worthy politician?
存在吗
Is there such a thing?
改变是不会容易的
Change will not be easy,
尤其在法尔茅斯的掌控下
particularly while Falmouth holds sway,
主张改变的人也不会受欢迎
nor its advocates popular.
但你相信合适的人选是存在的
But you believe the right candidate exists?
我下定决心要找到他
I've made it my mission to find him.
你不跳舞吗 先生 还是你更喜欢旁观
You not dancing, sir? Or do you prefer observin'?
我以前喜欢
I used to.
但从法国回来后 我的视力下降了
But since I was in France, my eyesight has declined.
会恢复的吧
But it will mend?
恩尼斯医生是这么说的
So Dr Enys assures me.
波达克上尉呢
But where is Captain Poldark?
他不想跳舞 就躲起来了
Oh, he's hiding so he may avoid dancing.
有你这样的舞伴 他是疯了吗
With you as a partner? Is he mad?
我也常常这么想
I've often thought so.
我听说你把土地送给了失业矿工
Do I hear you've been gifting land to out-of-work miners?
我推荐这么做 先生
I recommend it, sir.
即便是最小的努力 也能取得积极的成果
Much good can be done with even the smallest effort.
我在向着更高的目标努力
My own exertions have been directed towards a higher goal -
颠覆我们腐♥败♥的旧政♥治♥体制
overturning our old, corrupt political system.
为什么
To what end?
这样最需要的人才能得到正义与公平
So that justice and equity may filter down to those in most need.
我赞同你的目标 先生
I applaud your intentions, sir...
只是对此不抱多大希望
without holding out much hope of their success.
莫文娜 你好吗
Morwenna, how are you?
预产期是什么时候
When do you expect?
我不知道
I do not know.
我母亲从没提过这些
Mama never spoke of such things.
我不知道该作何预期
I did not know what to expect,
婚姻有什么义务
what the... obligations of marriage would be.
他对你不好吗
Is he unkind to you?
他是个禽兽
He's a monster.
你跑出来了
Ah, you've escaped.
太好了 我们能回家了吗
Excellent. Can we go home?
注意到法尔茅斯在回避我吗
You noticed how Falmouth avoided me?
是吗
Did he?
不论我做什么 似乎都无法让他高兴
Nothing I do seems to gratify him.
-我尝试了邀请 恭维 送礼 -是啊
- I've tried invitations, compliments, small gifts. - Yes.
我在想 你这么努力讨好他 是不是不太明智
I do wonder if it's wise to be seen... trying so hard?
不然怎么让他注意到我
How else will he even notice me?
他就这么看不上我吗
Am I so beneath him?
可巴塞特就够格
Yet the Bassets pass muster,
他们的财富也来自矿业和银行业
and their wealth comes from mining and banking.
但历时更久
And is longer standing,
所以社会已经习惯他们了
so society has grown used to them.
是啊 现在他或许是更好的途径了
Well, that may now be the better route.
巴塞特
Basset.
特鲁洛的议员位置空了
The Truro seat is vacant.
法尔茅斯勋爵总是强迫郡议员按他的意思投票
Lord Falmouth has always dictated appointments by exerting pressure
以操控任命
on the burgesses to vote his way.
弗兰西斯爵士认为这种腐♥败♥必须被阻止
Sir Francis believes such corruption must be stopped.
他想带领一场改革运动
He intends to spearhead a campaign of reform
推举自己的候选人和法尔茅斯的人抗衡
and put up his own candidate to challenge Falmouth's.
那他的候选人是谁
And that candidate would be?
我们走着瞧
We'll see.
如果乔治·沃勒根进入了议会
We really will be off to hell in a hand-cart
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表