剧集 | 开发者 | 导航列表
that folds into their plan.
但是我要扰乱他们
But I'm gonna fuck them up.
我要反驳他们的预测
I'm gonna contradict their prediction.
他们说我要去开拓者
They say I'm gonna go to Devs.
我只要不去就行了
So all I have to do is not go.
我们在你公♥寓♥里待一天就能扰乱他们吗
We fuck 'em up by hanging out in your apartment for a day?
是的
Yeah.
我已经想好被高速路警♥察♥追捕
I'd sort of mentally prepped myself for a high-speed police chase
然后坐二十年牢 但是
and twenty years in jail, but...
好吧
okay.
我们试试你的办法
Let's try your way.
你希望我假装不知道接下来会发生的事吗
Do you want me to pretend I don't know what happens next?
你之前已经看过了
So you've watched this before?
打破自己的规矩 凯蒂 所以你才这么酷
Breaking your own rules, Katie. That's why you're cool.
你为什么不看看未来
Why didn't you look into the future?
你本可以看的
You could have.
你都知道答案了
Why ask a question,
为什么还要明知故问
when you've already heard the answer?
我不想知道未来
I didn't want to know the future,
这也没什么可奇怪的
it's not that strange.
当我幻觉自己有自♥由♥意志时
While I have the illusion of free will,
我就有了自♥由♥意志的幻觉
I have the illusion of free will.
你知道他错了
You know he's wrong.
我不怪他
And I don't blame him.
我也不喜欢艾弗雷特诠释
I never liked the Everett Interpretation either.
我喜欢潘洛斯坍缩模型或是导航波
I liked Penrose or Pilot Wave.
结果艾弗雷特诠释是对的
But it turns out that Everett was right.
多重世界是真实存在的
The many worlds are real.
你说得对 林登
You're right, Lyndon,
我的确知道他错了
I do know he's wrong.
-你知道 -对
- You do? - Yes.
-那你怎么不说... -你不明白
- Then why haven't you said... - You don't understand.
我不明白什么
I don't understand what?
你来是想争取找回你的工作
You're here to argue for your job back.
让我替你去找福雷斯特求情
To ask me to appeal to Forest on your behalf,
但你所设想的谈话不是现在的这样
but the conversation you planned isn't how this plays out.
不是吗
It isn't?
对
No.
过一会儿
A few moments from now,
你翻过护栏
you climb over this rail.
你站在护栏另一侧 保持住平衡
You stand on the other side and balance there,
就在大坝的边缘之上
right on the edge of the dam.
踮着脚站在混凝土上
Just your toes on the concrete,
双臂伸开 没有抓着护栏
arms outstretched, not holding the rail.
什么
What?
你是保持住平衡还是会摔下去
Whether you stay balanced or fall
取决于你周围空气的量子变化 就是风
depends on quantum variations of the air around you, the wind.
我不明白 我他妈为什么要那样做
I'm not following, why the fuck would I do that?
信念的表现
It's an act of faith.
-或者是信仰 -信什么
- Or belief. - In what?
就是你刚刚说的
Exactly what you just said.
相信多重世界的存在
In many worlds.
如果你相信 你就会知道有些世界里
If you believe in it, you know there will be worlds
你会摔下去
in which you fall.
有些世界里不会
And worlds in which you don't.
但只有你还活着的世界里
But you'll only be conscious of the worlds
你才留有意识
in which you remain alive.
那么在那些我还活着的世界里...
And the worlds in which I remain alive...
可以让我回开拓者项目吗
are the worlds in which I'm allowed back into Devs?
是这个意思
That's the idea.
那... 那你是说
So-- so you're saying
我完全相信多重宇宙吗
I demonstrate my total belief in the multiverse?
就像从烧红的炭上走过的神秘主义者
Like a mystic walking over burning coals.
对
Yes.
如果你没告诉我 我还会跨过护栏吗
Would I climb the rail if you hadn't told me?
可我告诉你了
I did tell you.
你看到我掉下去了吗
Do you see me fall?
我很多次都看到我们来这里
I've watched us here many times
但是我从来没回答这个问题
and I never answer that question.
为什么
Why?
如果我告诉你 你不会掉下去
If I tell you you don't fall,
就会抹杀了你的信念
it negates your act of belief.
神秘主义者走过熄灭的木炭上
A mystic walking over unlit coals.
我懂了
I get it.
这是个完美的循环
It's a perfect circle.
妈的
Shit.
太精妙了
That's elegant.
真是太精彩了
That's fucking beautiful.
我很喜欢
I love it.
是的 你确实喜欢
Yeah. You do.
那我什么时候爬过去
Okay, so when do I do it? When do I climb over?
-现在 -现在吗
‐ Now. ‐ Now?
该死
Fuck!
该死
Fuck!
好吧
Okay.
天啊
Jesus Christ.
我的心都要跳出来了
My heart is pounding out of my fucking chest.
你真的不打算告诉我你是否看到我掉下去了吗
You really aren't gonna tell me if you see me fall or not?
是的
No.
太紧张了
This is intense.
我工作一整天 晚上喝个半醉
I work all day and get half drunk at night.
在黑暗无声的四点醒来 我凝视着
Waking at four to soundless dark, I stare.
随着时间推移 窗帘边缘泛起光亮
In time, the curtain-edges will grow light.
直到那时 我明白了真实的存在
Till then I see what's always really there:
永无止息的死亡
unresting death.
一阵炫光 我脑子一片空白
The mind blanks at the glare.
没有懊悔 未施善念
Not in remorse, the good not done,
无爱相馈 时光消废
the love not given, time torn off unused.
在永恒的空虚中
But at the total emptiness forever,
在我们必然走向的灭亡
the sure extinction that we travel to,
我们将永逝于斯
and shall be lost in always.
不在这里 不在任何地方
Not to be here, not to be anywhere,
但很快
and soon.
没有比这更可怕 更真实的了
Nothing more terrible, nothing more true.
这是一种特殊的恐惧方式
This is a special way of being afraid.
没有消解之法
No trick dispels.
宗教曾经尝试
Religion used to try,
永大量过时的音乐锦缎
that vast moth-eaten musical brocade,
假装我们能够永生
created to pretend we never die.
似是而非的事物如是说
And specious stuff that says
理性之人不会畏惧自己感觉不到的事物
no rational being can fear a thing it will not feel.
看不到正是我们所害怕的
Not seeing that this is what we fear,
看不见 听不着
no sight, no sound,
摸不到 尝不到也闻不到
no touch or taste or smell.
无所可想
Nothing to think with,
无所为爱 无所联♥系♥
nothing to love or link with,
令人无法苏醒的麻醉
the anesthetic from which none come round.
所以它只能停留在视觉的边缘
And so it stays just on the edge of vision,
微小又模糊不清
a small unfocused blur,
一股持续的寒意让每一次冲动
a standing chill that slows each impulse
都变得优柔寡断
down to indecision.
大部分事情永远都不会发生
Most things will never happen.
但这件事会
This one will.
我喜欢这里的音响效果
I like the acoustics here.
那是谁说的
Who was that?
你猜
Guess.
福雷斯特 我不介意
You know, Forest, I don't mind
你不知道我在引用谁的话
that you don't know who I was quoting,
但我介意你连猜都不肯猜
but I do mind that you can't even guess.
开拓者
对我们的未来做出如此重大决定的人
Such big decisions being made about our future,
剧集 | 开发者 | 导航列表