剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
You guys got into a fight.
你们俩肯定吵架了
You need a drink.
你得喝点
Here we go.
来了
Tonight's debate will consist of six 15-minute segments.
今晚的辩论将会由六个环节组成 每个环节十五分钟
There will be two-minute answers to the first question...
然后将会由对第一个问题的两分钟问答时间
Look who's almost not late.
看谁都快要迟到了
Hey.
来了啊
Mr. Porter got the first question.
波特先生开始了第一个问题
Are you all right? I'm fine.
你还好吗 还行
What is your vision for healing racial divisions in this country?
关于在这个国家愈合人种分♥裂♥你有什么想法
My hope is that one day we will live in a color-blind country...
我希望有一天我们能生活在无所谓人种的国家
Color-blindness isn't a thing!
无谓人种根本不可能
...where every person is given the opportunities they deserve.
这个国家的每个人都能得到他们应得的机会
I believe in true fairness, not positive discrimination.
我相信要的是真正的公平 而不是正面的区别对待
The white student with a 4.0 GPA should not be denied college admission
各科成绩均满分的白人孩子是不可能收到大学的拒信
simply because a minority student with lower grades
为什么要单纯的为了满足一些死板的配额政策
needs to be accepted in order to meet some arbitrary quota.
那些成绩不高的少数种群学生就能被录取
Now, you take President Kirkman, for instance.
现在 拿科尔曼总统举个例子
Why, he wouldn't be standing here today if he'd been rejected from Cornell.
为什么呢 他如果当年被康奈尔大学拒了 今天他就不会站在这里
Ladies and gentlemen, do not let President Moss fool you.
女士们先生们 别让莫斯总统欺骗了你
This has been the argument made by men of privilege and power for far too long.
这种被有特权和权利的人提出的观点已经很长时间了
There is absolutely no evidence that supports the claim
没有任何的证据可以表面
that African American, Latino or Asian students
非裔美国人 拉丁人 亚洲的学生
are preventing white students from going to school.
正在阻止白人学生去向好学校
And for your own edification, Mr. President,
至于你的想法 总统先生
as grateful as I am for my time and education
我为我的时间和我能受到的教育
that I received from Cornell, Cornell was not my first choice.
即被康奈尔录取倍受感激 但康奈尔其实不是我的第一志愿
The truth is most American students
事实上 大部分的美国学生
are not accepted to their first choice of college.
都不会选择去他们的第一志愿学校
It's simple math.
这是一个很简单的算数
Now, if you wanna understand what I think is truly unfair,
现在如果你想要知道什么才是我所认为的真正的不公平之处
it's the rising cost of higher education.
就是高等教育的成本上升
Predatory loans putting students in such great debt
掠夺性贷款让学生们背负着很大的债务压力
that education is once again becoming a privilege exclusively for the wealthy.
教育再次成为了专为富人的特权
Myles Lee. I bow down.
迈尔斯·李 真佩服他
You're a true wizard and Net master.
你真的是一个真正的奇才和网络大♥师♥
Dontae Evans. I do digital, far less ably, for the Kirkman campaign.
多特·艾维斯 我是为科尔曼的竞选做数据分♥析♥
I heard of you. You've got skills, man. Pleasure.
我听说过你 你很有能力 荣幸见到你
I have been goose-chasing that source of that First Lady dump.
我一直在追查第♥一♥夫♥人♥报道的事儿
Whoever's behind that is adept.
不管是谁在幕后操作 那操作起来是真熟练
You think it was me?
你认为是我做的
You'd have the chops.
你确实有嫌疑
President Moss has commissioned some sketchy stuff, but this wasn't him.
莫斯总统确实委托了一些不靠谱的事 但这确实不是他做的
I should get back in there.
我得回到那里了
Tell you what I'll do. I hear any whispers in the wind, I'll let you know.
告诉你我会怎么做 听到任何风声 我都会告诉你
Cool.
好的
Some of you might not know this,
你们中的一些人也许知道这个
but President Kirkman canvassed for me during my first election.
但是科尔曼总统在我第一次选举期间为我游说
...that this was an accidental presidency,
我得到的这个也是一个偶然的机会
that he was daunted, over-matched and unsure.
因为他胆怯 优劣悬殊和不确定性太大
That's why he begged me to come in to help run the country.
这就是为什么他邀请我来帮助运转这个国家
But America doesn't need a leader filled with self-doubt.
但是美国不需要一个自我怀疑的领导
America needs strength,
美国需要力量
and that's something neither of my opponents possess.
那是我的两个对手都没有的东西
President Kirkman has been reluctant to take bold steps in office,
科尔曼总统不愿意在办公室里走敢于冒险的一步
possibly because he wasn't elected.
也许是因为他根本没竞选
But ladies and gentlemen, this is no time for the hesitant.
但是女士们先生们 根本没有时间给他犹豫
What a politician calls "hesitant," you and I would call "thoughtful."
一个政♥治♥家所说的犹豫 你我都会认为那是周到
I'll give you an example.
我举个例子
Earlier this evening, before I walked out here tonight,
在今晚早些的时候 在我走出这里之前
I approved the presidential pardon list,
我批准了总统特赦名单
and on that list will be Puerto Rican nationalist Miguel Salcedo.
在这个名单上会有波多黎名族主义者米格尔·萨尔塞多
Holy shit!
我去
Now, some of you might think of that as a controversial choice.
现在 你们中的一些人可能认为那是一个富有争议性的决定
And I guarantee you my political opponents' campaigns right now
我向你们保证我竞争对手在现在的竞选时
are feverishly composing attack ads as I speak.
在我说话的时正疯狂的写着攻击性广♥告♥
But after careful consideration,
但是在仔细的想过后
I came to the conclusion that it was simply the right thing to do.
我得出结论 我只是做了该做的事而已
There go the swing states.
民♥意♥要摇摆了
Not necessarily.
不一定
Now, thoughtful people can disagree, but it's the thinking that counts,
现在 周到的人会不同意 但是 这是因为是想法才是算数的
not political calculations or knee-jerk demagoguery.
而不是政♥治♥上的盘算或是下意识的蛊惑
It requires honest, thoughtful and well-informed thinking.
这需要诚实 周到和见多识广的思考
Something we could do with more these days.
这些在以后的时间里我们都会用到的品格
Now, Miguel Salcedo wasn't imprisoned for something he did.
现在 米格尔·萨尔塞多被监禁不是因为他做的事
He was imprisoned for what he said.
而是因为他说的话
And as much as I might disagree with his words,
虽然我可能不同意他说的话
the First Amendment should have protected his absolute right to say them.
第一次的宪法修改是为了保护他有说话的权利
Now, I know that many of you have read the outrageous conspiracy theories
现在 我知道你们中很多人阅读过
surrounding my wife's untimely death.
关于我妻子不适时宜的去世这种骇人听闻的阴谋论
And as vile as I might think they are,
就算我认为他们十分卑鄙
and as hurtful as they've been to my children.
就算那对我的孩子造成了伤害
like it or not, they, too, represent
喜欢或不喜欢 他们仍然拥有
a free people's right to a protected speech.
一个自♥由♥人的权利对他们的发言进行保护
Where is he going with this?
他要准备怎么讲下面的
Having said that, you do not have to condone the content.
话虽如此 你也不必宽恕容忍♥这个内容
President Moss has failed to make any statement of condemnation.
莫斯总统未能作出任何谴责的观点
So, I have to ask you, sir, can you say to me or the American people
所以 我得问您 先生 你可以告诉我或是美国人♥民♥
that you repudiate those lies,
你确实否认了这些谎言
and that you do not want the vote of anyone who traffics in such filth?
并且你不希望在这种有着下流交易上活动任何人的投票
Well, this is nothing but a stunt, a transparent attempt for sympathy.
好吧 这只是一个噱头 一个为同情所做出透明的尝试
I didn't hear him say it.
我没有听到他
Maybe he's being hesitant.
可能他太犹豫了
He most certainly isn't being thoughtful.
他肯定不周到体贴
Ladies and gentlemen, politics do not need to be this dirty.
女士们先生们 政♥治♥不用变得很肮脏
And on election day, you have the power to prove it.
在选举的时候 你可以去证明它
You saw it yourselves,
你们自己感觉感觉
but our analytics also indicate a huge victory for President Kirkman.
我们的分♥析♥也表明科尔曼总统胜利了
I mean, he brought actual passion and honesty and conviction to a debate.
我是说 他带来了对一个辩论来说 真正实在的热情 诚实和信念
It was refreshing, wasn't it?
真新鲜 不是吗
Now, if that's your "yay, we won" face, it needs some work.
现在 如果那是你说我们赢了的开心的脸 那你真需要开心点了
I haven't seen Isabel.
我没看见伊莎贝尔
Yeah, we got into an argument.
是 我们前面吵了一架
That bad? Yep.
这么糟糕 是
Things you can't get over?
是对你不能克服的事吗
Everything's a battle with her. She's always gotta be right.
一切对她来说都是战争 她永远是对的
This is a huge moment in my life, and she didn't show up for it.
这是我人生中一个重大时刻 她甚至都没有露面
So, I don't think I can get over that.
所以 我不认为我可以克服得了
No matter how many rumors Lorraine spreads about our perfect relationship.
无论我们俩之间有多少流言蜚语 洛林都会说我们完美的感情
Yeah, she's hell-bent on making you the next Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
是啊 她会不顾一切让你们成为下一个哈里王子和梅根·马克尔
Well, it's a pain in my ass. Mmm.
好吧 那多讨人厌 是
What do you want?
那你想要什么
I don't know.
我也不知道
My mom's dying.
我妈妈快要去世了
Jesus, Em.
天啊 小艾
She's asked me to help her end her life.
她想让我帮她结束她的生命
I can only speak in euphemisms.
我只能委婉的说辞
My mom has asked me to help her... kill herself.
我妈妈想让我帮她自杀
Thanks again for listening to...
多谢你倾听我
You don't have to thank me for that. Now or ever.
你不用为此谢我 现在不用 以后也不用
All right? Come here.
好吗 抱一下
I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that.
真抱歉 我不该这么做的
We shouldn't...
是我们不应该这么做
All right?
行吗
You're an amazing girlfriend. Does Aaron know that?
你真是一个神奇的女友 艾伦知道
I mean, you're being amazing to me and you're not even my girlfriend,
我意思是 你真的对我来说很神奇 你甚至都不是我的女友
and I didn't even think that we were friends.
而且我根本都没想到我们是朋友
We're not.
我们不是
Thank you.
谢谢啦
Shit.
我去
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表