剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
你这是同意我去参加行动了吗
You will not regret it.
你不会后悔的
I just wanted to let you know Not now, Isabel.
我只希望让你明白 伊莎贝尔 不是现在
We're in the middle of a clusterfuck. I'm on my way to see POTUS.
我们现在可是一团乱麻啊 我正要去见总统呢
This isn't about my initiative--
这可不关我的事
Give it a break already.
让我歇一会儿吧
I know how badly you want a seat at the big kids' table.
我知道你有多想坐在管事儿的人中间
I've been there. I get it.
我也经历过 我明白你怎么想的
I'm all about mentoring women, and I will do whatever I can for you.
我一直在指导女性 我也会尽我所能帮助你
But it's not happening today.
但今天绝对不行
The NGO I was with, we worked with child brides in Mozambique.
我在的那个组织 我们处理莫桑比克的未成年新娘的相关事宜
From the year 2000 to the year 2015,
从2000年到2016年
there were over 200,000 child marriages in this country.
这个国家有超过20万起童婚
How was that not on our radar?
这怎么不在我们的管辖范围之内?
So, after getting javelins thrown at me the entire briefing,
因此 在整个策划中标之后
I had my team look into this.
我就让我的团队调查这件事情
They found it in every state, every race, across all socioeconomic data.
他们在每个州 不同种族中调查 整合所有的社会经济学数据
It's common in poor and rural communities and conservative religious groups.
这在贫困偏僻的地区和传统宗教群体中十分普遍
Christian, Orthodox Jewish, Muslim, Mormon.
基♥督♥教 东正犹太教 穆♥斯♥林♥教 摩♥门♥教♥
My team ran numbers as well.
我的团队也分♥析♥了数据
Of the 200,000 child marriages you mentioned, over two-thirds were 17.
在你提到的20万起童婚中 超过三分之二的人是17岁
Still a minor.
还是未成年人
985 of them were 14, and ten of them were only 12 years old.
985人是14岁 10人年仅12岁
This is a human rights violation. I want it stopped.
这是对人♥权♥的侵犯 我要阻止它
Can I sign an executive order banning it?
我可以签署一条行政命令禁止此类事件吗?
It's a states' rights issue. What's the issue?
这关乎州内部的权利 什么权利
Marriage is legislated by the states. Why aren't they fixing it?
童婚在这些州受法律保护 他们为什么不修订法律?
Freedom of religion, for one. Premarital sex is a sin.
原因之一是宗教自♥由♥ 婚前性行为不可饶恕
You want the kids married before they start having it.
你想要这些孩子在有性行为前就结婚
When an underaged girl gets pregnant, many people believe
当未成年少女怀孕时 许多人认为
the child is better off if the parents are married.
如果孩子的父母已婚的话 孩子会活得更好
Even if the mother is a child herself.
即便这个妈妈自己还是个孩子
It's still not right. The law states you are a minor until you are 18.
这还是很不合理 法律规定未满18岁就是未成年人
We're a country that protects its children.
我们国家保护未成年
We've got laws that do that.
我们有相关的法律规定
We prevent them from drinking, smoking, gambling.
我们禁止他们喝酒 抽烟 赌博
Minors aren't allowed to vote, open a bank account.
未成年不能参与投票 开立银行账户
Rent an apartment. Rent a car.
租♥房♥♥ 租车
Buy fireworks. Sign a contract.
买♥♥烟花 签合同
They can't hire an attorney, which they would need to get a divorce.
他们不能雇律师 在他们离婚时可能需要
So what do we do to get the states to ban it?
那我们要做些什么让这些州禁止童婚
You can't draw a hard line at 18.
你不能在18岁这里划一条硬性分界
I'm sorry, who are you?
不好意思 你是哪位
Isabel Pardo, director of your Office of Social Innovation.
伊莎贝尔·帕尔多 社会创新部部长
It's an honor to meet you, Mr. President.
很荣幸见到你 总统先生
Isabel, why don't you explain to me why you are pro-child marriage?
伊莎贝尔 为什么不解释一下你为何支持童婚
I'm not. Banning it was one of the first initiatives I proposed.
我并不支持 禁止童婚的提议是我最先提出的
So, what happened?
所以 发生了什么
A fight from the right, which I was prepared for.
右翼支持斗争 我也为之准备良久
What I didn't see coming was equal opposition from the left.
左翼有着相当的反对者 这是我没有预见的
Who on the left was against it?
都有谁反对这件事?
The ACLU believes marriage is a fundamental right.
美国公民自♥由♥协会认为婚姻本就是一项基本权利
Planned Parenthood fears the ban is a slippery slope.
计划生育部担心这项举措会造成灾难性的下滑
I am so tired of the slippery-slope argument,
滑坡效应我都听烦了
especially when it comes to legislation.
尤其是用在立法之中
Laws are specific.
法律是个特例
Banning child marriage wouldn't do anything to abortion or anything else.
禁止童婚与堕胎或者其他事无关
But you still think I should do nothing.
但你还是认为我应该什么都不做
No, I think you should address the root causes.
不 我认为治标应治本
Which are?
怎么做
Many girls that get pregnant are coerced into getting married by their parents.
许多怀孕的未成年少女被父母强迫结婚
Address teen pregnancy.
解决青少年的早孕问题
Mandate that all public schools offer sex education and access to condoms.
命令所有公立学校提供性教育 推广避孕套
Good luck on that one.
祝你好运
Condoms and classes aren't enough. We need an outright ban.
避孕套和教育课远远不够 我们需要彻底的禁止
If you're looking for an easy answer, there isn't one.
如果您想要走捷径的话 非常抱歉无法实现
Yes, there is. Pass a law.
有的 通过一项法律
Are you still planning to travel to North Carolina?
你还计划去南加州旅行吗
Yes, I am. And in my opening comments, I will tell the American people
是的 在我的发言致辞里 我会告诉美国人
that I plan to sign an executive order
我打算签署一项行政命令
that target the root causes of child marriage. Thank you.
直击童婚的根本原因 谢谢你
Hold on.
等等
I'm trying to prevent the complete deforestation of Indonesia
我正在试图阻止对印度尼西亚的森林采伐
by increasing the genetic expression of algae to produce palm oil.
通过增加藻类的基因表达来生产棕榈油
Tribonema, Ulothrix and euglena have the best potential so far.
目前为止黄丝藻 丝藻类和眼虫藻的发展空间最大
I'm Hannah Wells
我是汉娜·威尔斯
I'm also genetically experimenting with a cure for gray hair.
我正在做关于恢复白头发的基因实验
How would you like to come help the CIA?
你为什么愿意协助中情局呢
Hard pass.
绝不
Why? I'm a biohacker.
为什么 我是个生物骇客
We're about the democratization of science.
我们正在试图实现科学民♥主♥化
The CIA is not. For a reason.
中情局并不如此 某些方面
Bioengineering in the right hands, great.
正确利用生物工程 收益良多
In the wrong hands Exactly.
如果滥用 的确如此
You know gene editing is listed as a weapon of mass destruction, right?
你知道基因编辑被列为大规模杀伤武器之一 对吗
You guys aren't focused nearly enough on bioterror.
你们并没有足够关注生物恐怖袭击
That's what I've been working on Mutuallyassured destruction is passé.
这是我一直关注的 双向摧毁已经成为过去式
Now it's a biorogues' world.
现在是生化工程的世界
The Biological Weapons Convention isn't enforceable or even verifiable.
生化武器大会并不可行甚至无法验证
If you don't hold people to account, shit will happen.
如果你不能让大众重视 噩梦就会来临
You need to be monitoring everyone.
你需要监视每一个人
Like I do. How do you monitor everyone?
就像我做的那样 你怎么监视每一个人
For one, I attend bioterror conferences all over the world.
举个例子 我在世界各地参加生物恐怖袭击的会议
I give talks on things that keep me up at night.
我向人们介绍让我夜不能寐的东西
Like what?
比如说
How easy it's about to become to make biological weapons on our phones.
用我们的手♥机♥来制♥造♥生化武器将会是多么容易
They'll soon have the capability of becoming nanotech assemblers.
不久手♥机♥就会成为纳米组译器
And when they do, there will be sequences you can print from your phone
等到那时 你就可以利用手♥机♥打印出序列程式
that can probably cause civilization to crash.
这足以让一整个文明崩溃
And someone, either intentionally or accidentally, is going to do it.
不论有意还是无意为之 都将会有人这样做
And without intervention, we're all ultimately screwed.
如果不加干涉 我们最终都会玩完
What worries you most?
你最担心的是什么
At this moment?
现在吗
This.
这个
Hundreds of them fell from the sky in Florida a few months back.
成千上百只鸟几个月前在弗罗里达的空中坠落
They died from a virus I've never seen before.
他们死于一种我从未见过的病毒
I believe it was genetically engineered.
我认为是基因工程的产物
For what purpose?
出于何种目的
That's another thing that keeps me up at night.
这是让我夜不能寐的另外一件事
Well, who should we be talking to?
好吧 那我们应该找谁谈谈
I assume that was a royal "we."
我假设那是一个尊贵的“我们”
Remember that hard pass?
还记得那条上级命令吗
You just said that the CIA isn't doing enough to monitor bioterror,
你刚刚说过中情局对生物恐怖袭击的监控远远不够
so help us.
所以帮帮我们
I know a biohacker with a lab near MIT
我认识一个有独♥立♥实验室的生物骇客 在麻省理工学院附近
who was experimenting with avian viruses.
他正在做关于鸟类病毒的实验
Nolan Fein.
诺兰·费恩
He's not fed-friendly.
他可不那么平易近人
It's a good thing you're gonna be there to make the introduction.
这么看来你能介绍我们认识就是好事儿了
Dontae, thank you so much for fixing that app.
但丁 多谢修复那个应用程序
I will check it out tomorrow. That's still being rebeta tested.
明天我会再做检查 还需要再做一个β检测
You gotta look at this. What is it?
你得看看这个 是什么
The answer to your question. What question?
你问题的答案 什么问题
Why people don't vote. I thought I knew.
为什么人们不给你投票 我想我知道原因了
I mean, I know why some people in my community don't.
我的意思是 我知道为什么我社区的有些人不投票
But I never knew this.
但我不知道这个
Ten hours ago, you couldn't have been more laissez-faire about this.
十个小时前 你对此放任不管
What has gotten into you?
你发现了什么
This.
这个
46% of eligible voters didn't vote in the last election.
46%的选民在上一次的选举中没有投票
This is the key to why.
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表