剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
He's the father of a scientific movement that promoted the idea
他是推广种族基因优越性的
of racial genetic superiority, very popular at the time.
科学♥运♥动之父 当时非常受追捧
Fans included Madison Grant and Dr. John Kellogg--
追随者包括麦迪逊格兰特 和约翰克罗格博士…
The cornflakes guy? Yes.
-那个推广玉米片早餐的人 -是的
And Hitler, who used Davenport's work as a blueprint.
还有希♥特♥勒♥ 他以达文波特的成果为蓝本
Not our proudest export. But one of our more enduring.
-这可不是我们引以为傲的文化输出 -但影响却相当深远
Take apartheid, South Africa. Project Coast, the bioweapons program?
-例如种族隔离 南非 -海岸线计划 生化武器计划
Yes. I was assigned to the team to monitor Project Coast.
是的 我被派去了 监管海岸线计划的那个团队
They were researching ways to genetically target black South Africans
他们在研究寻找通过基因定向感染
with lethal diseases.
南非黑人的致命疾病
Did they succeed? No, thank God.
-他们成功了吗 -没有 谢天谢地
But their work, like Davenport's, continues to inspire.
但他们的成果 正如达文波特的一样 仍在激励新的研究
Sorry, orientation ran late. There she is.
-抱歉 迎新活动拖太晚了 -你来了
Don't worry about it, kiddo.
别担心 孩子
Uh, orientation? Yeah, I'm leading a group of freshmen.
-迎新 -是的 我在带一群新生
Hey, that's great.
嘿 真不错
Oh. Um, I know it was just your birthday, so...
我知道你生日刚过 所以…
Oh, you didn't have to.
你不必破费的
I know, but I wanted to.
我知道 但我想送给你
If you open it...
如果你打开它…
Those are my biological parents.
他们是我的亲生父母
I was adopted, so I never knew them.
我是被收养的 所以我从不认识他们
And my parents, my real parents,
我的父母 我真正的父母
my adopted parents, whatever, they're great, but...
我的养父母 总之 他们很好 但…
I thought it's good to know where we come from.
我觉得能知道 自己的血脉从哪来 挺好的
Yeah.
是啊
Try it on.
戴上看看
I also thought I could take you to a concert.
我还想着可以带你去音乐会
That seems like a good 21-year-old thing to do.
这好像是挺适合21岁做的事
Um, yeah. That's great, Seth. Thanks.
是啊 真棒 赛斯 谢谢
I'm sorry, I actually have an early morning.
对不起 我其实明天要早起
So, um, what do I owe you for the drink?
饮料钱我该付多少给你
Oh. No, don't worry about it. You can just get the next one.
不用 别担心 下回你请
All right.
好吧
I guess I'll see ya.
那就下次见
Okay. Okay.
-好的 -好的
Bye. Bye.
-再见 -再见
Thank you.
谢谢
Hey.
嘿
I hear the teachers are going back to work.
我听说老师们回去上班了
Temporary fix. Once I'm elected, we can do some real good.
暂时解决 等我当选后 我们可以做点真正的好事
That'll be a nice change.
这样的改变挺好的
Excuse me?
你说什么
You said you weren't gonna take their money.
你说过不会拿他们的钱的
But I guess if Lorraine thinks it's okay--
但我猜如果罗琳觉得没问题…
It wasn't her idea. That's worse.
-不是她的主意 -那就更糟了
What the hell do you expect me to do? Sit here and do nothing?
你要我怎么办坐以待毙吗
You took dark money.
你拿了黑钱
For teachers! Not for my campaign. -This time. -
-是为了老师们不是为了我的竞选 -这次是这样而已
Mr. President, just got back from the Hill.
总统先生 刚从国会山得到消息
You're good to go ahead. Thank you.
-没问题了 -谢谢
What the hell's going on?
什么情况
You're picking fights with Lorraine, with me. Have we got a problem?
你跟罗琳吵架 跟我吵架 有什么问题吗
You didn't ask me here to be your yes-man.
你让我来不是为了对你言听计从的
At least tell me you're still vetoing the non-disclosure bill.
至少告诉我 你还会否决非公开法案
You told me you would veto that. Yes, I'm going to veto it!
-你跟我说过你会否决的 -是的 我会否决
Of course you are.
你当然会了
Now that Harper's checked with the Hill
哈珀已经和国会山确认过
to make sure they have the votes to override you.
他们有足够票数令你的否决无效
Man, that's...
天啊 这…
that's really great politics.
真是绝妙的政♥治♥手腕
You know what, Emily? It's been a long day. Good night.
你知道吗 艾米丽 今天太漫长了 晚安吧
Damn, that was necessary.
该死 这很有必要
Truth.
没错
Sounds like you had a day. Yeah, I just filmed some stuff.
-听起来你今天过得很充实 -是的 我拍了些东西
You talked education policy with the president.
你和总统探讨了教育政策
You affected his decisions.
你影响了他的决策
Now that is some sexy ass shit.
这可真性感
Okay. Nope.
-好 -不
Uhuh. I gotta pee. I'm not done kissing you yet.
-我要去尿尿 -我还没亲够你呢
Fuck, you're crazy.
干 你疯了
I like you.
我喜欢你
You don't know me.
你不了解我
You'd be surprised at what the US Secret Service knows.
美国特勤局了解的事会让你吃惊的
Is this gonna be like a...
这算是…
Is this gonna be a thing at work?
这算是工作需要吗
Oh, definitely.
当然是的
For real, though, you...
不过说真的 你…
You're smart.
你很聪明
And you're sexy.
也很性感
What more do I need to know?
除此之外我还需要知道什么呢
I did some old-fashion horse-trading on the Hill today.
我今天在国会山 做了些老套的艰难交易
You always were a fixer. I felt young again.
-你一直都是那个调停斡旋的角色 -我感觉回到了年轻时代
Reminded me that I'm good at my job.
让我想起自己是擅长自己的工作的
Was that ever in question? Lorraine said something today.
-这一点还用质疑吗 -罗琳今天说了些话
That I'm jealous of Aaron. It's only natural.
-说我嫉妒亚伦 -这很正常
He worked so closely with Kirkman, all that access. He used to have your job.
他和柯克曼合作无间 接触频繁 他以前做的是你的工作
I'm not jealous of Aaron. Of course not.
-我不嫉妒亚伦 -当然了
This administration's a great third act for you.
这一届政♥府♥对你来说 是绝佳的晚年岗位
I'm gonna wanna stay on if he gets elected.
如果他当选我想一直做下去
Don't you want to get started on that book you always wanted to write?
你不想开始写 那本你一直想写的书吗
You said I was a good editor. We could work on it together.
你说过我是个好编辑 我们可以一起写
We'll see.
到时候看吧
Thank you for coming today.
谢谢你今天来
Well, I'll always be there for you. You know that.
我会一直支持你的 你知道的
When did you change your name?
你什么时候改的名
I already told you, my parents changed it--
我说过了 我父母在…
Before you started kindergarten 'cause they wanted you to assimilate.
你上幼儿园之前改的 因为他们想让你融入集体
Why are you listed as Aaron Rivera in your sixth grade class photo, then?
那你六年级的照片上 为什么写着亚伦里维拉
I changed it in high school.
我在高中时改的
So you lied to me?
那你之前跟我撒谎了
I didn't lie to you. I didn't want to get into it.
我没有撒谎 只是不想细说
Well, you better get into it.
你最好还是细说一下
You remember that prep school I went to?
记得我去的那个预备学校吗
Yeah, full scholarship, valedictorian. It's still on your r茅sum茅.
记得 全奖 毕业典礼发言学生代表 到现在还写在你的简历上
I was the only Latino in my grade.
我是年级里唯一的拉丁裔
My classmates thought that I got in on a soccer scholarship.
我的同学以为我 是靠足球奖学金进来的
They also told me that teachers would grade me easier
他们还跟我说老师给我打分会松一些
because they thought English was my second language.
因为他们以为我的母语不是英语
Which it wasn't. Christ.
明明就是啊 天啊
I remember this big Texas history test.
我记得有一次德州历史大考
And I scored the highest.
我得了最高分
And the teacher said it was because I was a descendant of Santa Anna.
老师说 这是因为我是圣安娜的后裔
"And remember the Alamo, kids.
“要记得阿♥拉♥莫之战 孩子们
You can't keep letting Mr. Rivera beat you."
不能总是让里维拉先生胜过你们”
You know what's wrong about it is,
这种情况的错处在于
they're not just saying that to be mean. They actually believe that shit.
他们说这些话并非恶意 而是真的相信这些狗屁观点
So when it came time to apply for college, I changed my name
所以到申请大学的时候 我改了名字
so there wouldn't be any more doubts,
就不会有更多猜疑
so nobody could say I got in just because... You know...
没人会说我录取是因为…你知道的…
我上的是耶鲁 混♥蛋♥
I had to deal with shit like that every day of my life.
那些破事我每天都要面对
"Oh, you speak such good English. Oh, you're so exotic.
“你英语说得真好 你好有异域风情
Oh, you're so smart for a Puerto Rican."
你在波多黎各人里算聪明的”
Well, you get it, then. No!
-那你该明白啊 -不明白
Stupid people are going to say stupid shit
蠢人永远会说蠢话
no matter how much of ourselves we amputate for them.
不管我们为他们如何委屈自己
They're always gonna find a reason to look down on you.
他们永远能找到理由看不起你
I'm not gonna apologize for wanting to be judged on my own merits.
我想凭借才华而受到赏识 我不会为此道歉的
Oh, please! Don't give me that meritocracy bullshit.
拜托别跟我扯那套精英的屁话
Look at yourself. The European good looks, the light skin.
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表