剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
Yeah, I can see that. Why?
对 我看得出来 为什么
Because there's almost no one here. Okay, and why is that?
因为这里几乎没人 好的 那没人又是为什么呢
So, apparently, and this is unsubstantiated,
所以 显然 这是没有根据的
but Moss's campaign robocalled all of our confirmed attendees
但是莫斯的竞选活动自动呼叫了所有已确认的参与者
telling them the event had been canceled. Hence, the meager turnout.
告诉他们活动被取消了 所以出席率很低
We have a field team out to try to fill seats.
我们有一个现场团队试图填补席位
Still want to go through with this? Absolutely not.
还想要继续这件事儿吗 当然不想
Buy their lunches. Fix this. Sir.
给它们买♥♥午饭 解决这个 先生
Hey, buddy. I'm just as disappointed as you.
嘿 朋友 我和你一样失望
What happened? I thought we had the votes, man.
发生什么了 我想我们选票够的 伙计
I thought so, too.
我也这么想
But legislation does get unpredictable in election years.
但是立法在选举年代变的无法预测
Best I can tell, Darby took a couple of Democrats with her.
我认为最好的是 达比带了几个民♥主♥党一起
Shit. On a positive note,
该死的 在积极方面
I did find a workaround for your saline situation.
我找到了一个方法来应对你这雪上加霜的情况
FDA is gonna let us import medical product from Ireland.
食品药品管理局会让我们从爱尔兰进口医疗产品
How is that supposed to help Puerto Ricans?
这怎么帮助波多黎各人
It doesn't, but it helps us. So, you're welcome.
它不会 但是它对我们有所帮助 所以 不客气
Mars, the whole point of this was Listen.
马尔斯 这件事的重点是 听着
Don't go behind my back to the president.
不要背着背着我对总统做坏事
I didn't go behind your back.
我没有背着你
Asking for humanitarian aid is not your bailiwick.
要求人道主义援助不是你的责任
We have a history, yeah.
我们先前有矫情
But that doesn't mean that you get to cut the line.
这并不意味着你可以插队先行
Everything goes through me.
所有事都要通过我
Yeah. I know it's short notice, but it's "rabbit out of the hat" time.
对 我知道这是个短暂通知 但是这是献出妙计的时间
I need you to look at the entire caucus event calendar,
我需要你看看整个核心小组的活动日历
see if there's something we can piggyback on.
看看有没有我们可以承担的
You better not be playing Fortnite, dude.
你最好不要玩堡垒之夜 老兄
Not all millennials play video games, dude.
并非所有的千禧一代都玩电子游戏 伙计
Do you remember the hashtag I told you about before we left?
你还记得我们离开之前告诉你的主题标签吗
I hope it doesn't hurt your feelings to I say that I do not.
我希望我说不记得不会伤害你的感情
Okay, after the State of the Union, I put this hashtag out,
好的 在国情咨文之后 我会把这个主题标签拿出来
"The system is broken." You know what trending is?
系统坏了 你知道这意味着什么吗
I know what trending is.
我知道它意味着什么趋势
It's generating a ton of traffic.
它产生了大量的流量
People are really responding to what the president said.
人们真的回应了总统所说的话
They're posting videos, venting about broke shit, broke politics
他们发布视频 发泄这破狗屎 违反政策
These videos, they're all coming from one specific event.
这些视频 它们都来自一个特定的事件
Yeah. It's an abandoned mall.
对 一个废弃商场
It's a protest. I guess they planned it to counterprogram the caucuses.
这是一场抗♥议♥ 我猜他们计划用它来对抗党团会议
Hey, where are you going with my tablet, man?
嘿 你带着我的平板去哪 老兄
I gotta talk to the president.
我得和总统谈谈
Ms. Wells.
威尔斯女士
Do I know you?
我认识你吗
You do not. But I know you.
你不认识我 但我认识你
I'm assuming the hearing resulted in termination.
我猜听证会的结果就是你被解雇
Well, I'm leaving now.
好吧 我要走了
I can tell you about that video.
我可以把视频相关信息告诉你
How do you know about the video? Because we shot it.
你怎么知道这个视频 因为是我们拍的
How'd you like to come work for the CIA?
你认为去中♥央♥情报局工作怎么样
It's not a clean site, but we made a buffer between POTUS and the RPs.
这不是一个干净的活 但我们在美国总统和民众之间建立了缓冲区
"RPs"? Real people.
RP是什么意思 民众
I'm not sure about this. What am I supposed to do, the speech?
我不确定 我应该干什么 演讲
Well, just feel it out when you get up there. Wing it.
当你站起来时 感觉就好了 即兴发挥吧
"Wing it"? That's an interesting communications strategy, Seth.
即兴发挥 那是一个有区别的交流技能 赛斯
Listen up, people. You are not gonna believe this.
听着 人们 你们不会相信这件事
We have a special visitor all the way from Washington, DC.
我们有一位从华盛顿特区来的特殊旅客
No, hear me out. Hear me out.
不 听我说听我说
This isn't one of them.
这不是其中之一
Excuse me, I'm gonna wing it. This is one of ours.
对不起 我要即兴发言 这是我们中的一个
Give me a break. A true Independent.
给我点休息时间 真正的独♥立♥
The president of the United States, Tom Kirkman.
美国总统汤姆·柯克曼
Thank you. Thank you. Welcome.
谢谢 谢谢 没事
Thank you for letting me crash your party.
谢谢你让我搅了你的派对
What's he doing here? I came here to Iowa to deliver a speech.
他在这干嘛 我到爱荷华州发表演讲
And now that I'm standing here among you, it doesn't feel as relevant.
现在我站在你们中间 感觉我并不怎么相关
Now, I don't know if you've heard, but I had my ass handed to me today.
现在 我不知道你是否听说过 但今天参议院交给我
By the Senate.
一堆坏消息
You see, we had a bill. A really, really good bill.
你看 我们有个法案 一个非常非常好的法案
A bill that was designed to help people like you,
来帮助像你这样的人
in places like this.
像这里一样地方
To transform forgotten communities and turn them into revitalized ones.
改造被遗忘的社区并将其转变为繁荣的社区
Communities of hope and industriousness.
充满希望和勤奋的社区
It was designed to help the people in North Carolina,
它旨在帮助北卡罗来纳州的人们
who right now are suffering a loss
正在遭受损失的人们
that, unfortunately, I am far too familiar with.
不幸的是 我太熟悉了
This bill would have helped them rebuild
这项法案将帮助他们重建
the failing infrastructure that surrounds them.
它们失败的基础设施
But the Senate...
但参议院
The Senate killed it. All they wanna do is tear things down!
参议院否定了它 他们想做的就是四处乱拆
It makes sense to be angry.
为之生气是有道理的
Angry like all of you are. Hell, I am with you.
我像你们所有人一样生气 见鬼 我和你们同在
But anger alone is no prescription.
但是愤怒不能解决问题
We need to figure out how to take that anger
我们需要弄清楚如何消除这种愤怒
and turn it into action.
并将其转化为行动
So please tell me, how do we fix this?
所以请告诉我 我们如何解决这个问题
It's unfixable. Why do you say that, ma'am?
这是不可修复的 你为什么这么说,女士?
Because no one listens. Okay.
因为没有人听 好的
I understand that because I feel like that sometimes,
我明白 因为我有时候会这样
and, hell, I'm the president of the United States.
而且 该死的 我是美国总统
People have to listen to me.
人名总得听我的啊
But I felt like that in the Capitol the other night.
但是那天晚上我在国会大厦的感觉就像那样
I felt like that today when the Senate voted down the bill.
我觉得今天参议院会投票否决这个法案
But if I'm gonna be honest,
但如果我说实话
I think all of us might be a little guilty of not listening. Myself included.
我想我们所有人都可能因为不听取意见而感到内疚 包括我自己
But I wanna do better.
但我想做的更好
In fact, I promise you, I am going to do better.
事实上 我向你保证 我会做得更好
So, ma'am, here I am.
所以 女士 我在这
Standing right in front of you.
站在你面前
What do you want me to hear?
你想让我听到什么
When the shop closed, I tried to find other work,
当商店关门时 我试图找到其他工作
but there's nothing.
但是那里什么都没有
There's nothing here.
这里什么都没有
These are the kind of things that we're not addressing.
这些是我们没有解决的问题
Party politics are interfering with your neighborhood.
政党政策干预着你的社区
I love this job.
我爱这份工作
Thank you.
谢谢
At the risk of repeating myself, sir, you were amazing back there.
我冒险再说一遍 先生 你在里面真是太棒了
Come on, Seth, it was your idea. Give credit where credit's due.
来吧 赛斯 这是你的想法 该表扬的时候就要表扬
Ms. Zimmer. Bum a ride?
齐默女士 能载我一程吗
So, weren't you supposed to be on your way to Des Moines?
那么 你不应该在找梅因的路上吗
I was, but Cornelius' beater of a plane had engine trouble.
对 但是科尼利厄斯的飞机出现了引擎故障
And while we were waiting on repairs, I was scrolling Twitter, like I do,
当我们等待维修时 我正在翻推特 就像我平常一样
and I came across a Periscope feed from a very lively Cedar Rapids mall.
我穿过潜望镜看到一个非常活跃的锡达拉皮兹商场
I just had to check it out for myself.
我就得自己亲眼见见
Can I offer you a drink? No, thank you.
我可以给你一杯饮料吗 不 谢谢。
Actually, I always bring my own.
实际上 我一般都会自带
It's one of the perks of not flying commercial. Do you partake?
坐非民航飞机的好处之一 你来点儿吗
Tonight, why not?
今晚 好啊
I have a really big ego, so I can confess when I am wrong.
我有很强的自尊心 所以我犯错的时候会承认
Washington is an echo chamber. Time to time, I forget that.
华盛顿是一个回音室 偶尔 我忘记了
I think that what we're saying to each other
我想我们彼此说的
is the same thing that folks are saying out there amongst themselves.
跟人们在民间说出的话差不多
The media made your State of the Union out to be a self-inflicted wound.
媒体使你的国情变成了一种自我伤害
But they are wrong.
但是他们错了
What you did is really resonating with Jane and John Q public.
你所做的真的与简和约翰问公众的话产生了共鸣
A-ha. My devious plan is working.
我的诡计正在发挥作用
Ooh, and the Tom Kirkman I saw today,
我今天看到的汤姆·柯克曼
with that common touch, that empathy...
是那么的平易近人 富有同理心
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表