And believe me, they will find something,
我敢肯定 他们会找到蛛丝马迹
Something that connects you to Cynthia's death.
证明你与欣西亚的死有关系
She should've just left it all alone.
那种陈年旧事 她本不应该再提起
She had a husband and a good life.
她嫁了人 生活幸福
But that wasn't Cynthia.
可欣西亚不甘心过那种生活
Once she decided on something,
一旦她决心做什么事
Well, you just better not be in her way.
周围人最好乖乖让开路
Like that night on the tanker?
就像那晚在油轮上是吗
I saw the captain go below.
我看到船长走下来
I don't know how he got back onboard without us seeing.
可不知怎么他半路折回 我们没发现
I- I tried...
我本想
But I was.. I was too late.
可我 太迟啦
When the bomb exploded, I was thrown overboard.
炸♥弹♥爆♥炸♥时 我被弹出了甲板
I can still feel the heat on my skin...
我还能感觉到 热浪腐灼着皮肤
Even today.
到今天都忘不了
How did you survive without medical attention?
没去医院 你是怎么活下来的
Um, a friend took me in.
有个朋友收留我
A- A med student nursed me back to health.
有位医学院的学生照顾我 直到我完全康复
I got a new identity. And Mary Wright was born.
我弄到个新身份 变成了玛丽·莱特
It's not hard to live like a ghost
如果所有人都以为你死了
When everyone you love thinks you're dead.a.
你就不会过得那么艰难
I never contacted anyone from my former life...
从此断绝了与所有认识人的联♥系♥
Not even my parents.
连父母都没联♥系♥过
But you still sent money to the Pikes.
可你一直给派克家寄钱
They had a son... medical bills.
他有个儿子 需要医疗费
I- I was responsible.
我有责任这么做
Everything could've stayed just the way it was except...
本来一切可以相安无事 可是
Except Cynthia decided to write a book..
可是 欣西亚要出书
That reporter put a post on an environmental board
那个记者在环境版上发了个帖子
Asking for info on Cynthia.
询问欣西亚的情况
I e-mailed, pretending to be an old friend of the group.
我以组织老成员的身份 写了封电子邮件
It didn't take long for me to figure out
时日不多 我就发现
That she had found Cynthia and
那记者已经找到欣西亚
Cynthia was lying about what happened on the ship.
而欣西亚就船上发生的事说了谎
You tracked her down. You confronted her.
你找到她 和她对质
I threatened to turn myself in
我威胁她 如果写本书
If she went through with the book..
我就去自首
Give myself up, tell the authorities everything.
把所有的事情全抖出来
She begged to meet with me first..
她恳求要先见见我
Somewhere we could talk.
找个地方谈谈
That's when you rented the room?
所以你租下那个房♥间
Oh, no, Cynthia rented the room, not me.
不是我 欣西亚租的房♥间
It was all part of her plan. Her plan?
那是她计划里的一部分 她的计划
Her plan to murder me.
她计划要杀我
W- When I got there, she poured me a drink.
等我到那里 她递来一杯酒
"Let's toast to old friends," she said.
嘴里说 为老友干杯
Only, you see, I don't drink.
只不过 我不喝酒
I tried to leave. She wouldn't let me.
我想走 可她不让
I- I hid in the bathroom.
我就躲进了盥洗室
That's when I saw it...
知道我看见什么了
The tub, full of oil.
满满一浴缸的油
Then I understood.
我一下子明白过来
She didn't plan to talk to you.
她就没想找你谈
She planned to kill you
只想把你解决掉
and make it look like suicide.
再把现场布置成自杀的样子
That wine was laced with a sleeping pill.
那杯酒里下了安♥眠♥药♥
You were supposed to drink it and then drown in the oil.
你本应喝下酒 再淹死在润滑油里
And then the world would think that you were
之后 全世界都会认为
Racked with guilt over the Pikes all these years
多年来 你因为派克一家的遭遇倍受煎熬
And that you finally decided to commit suicide
最后决定自杀
Once your body was discovered,
一旦有人发现你的尸体
the public would clamor for the true story..
大众就会对事情的真♥相♥趋之若骛
Cynthia's true story..
当然是欣西亚嘴里的真♥相♥
With you now cast as the villain.
而你则被塑造成一个恶棍
We struggled.
我们扭打起来
She lost her balance and fell against the sink and...
她失去了平衡 撞到洗脸盆上
Hit her head.
她撞到了头
I should've called for help,
我本该找人来救她
But I just wanted it to be over.
可我想就此做个了断
So I...
所以 我
I dragged her to the tub and...
把她拖向浴缸
I...
我
I pushed her in.
把她推倒
You see, I was already dead.
其实 我已经是死人了
I just wanted to keep it that way.
就想继续当死人
I heard you made an arrest.
听说 你们已经抓到人了
You can hear all about it in the morning news.
具体情况可以看早间新闻
Oh, come on, after all the help I gave you on this case,
得了 我在这件案子上全力帮助你们
You can't give me any more information than that?
难道你就不能多透露点消息吗
Well, I could, but I just keep thinking
倒不是不能 不过我在想
That if it wasn't for you, there wouldn't be a case in the first place.
如果不是你 案子也许就不会发生
What does that mean?
这是什么意思
Tutte le persone del passato di Cynthia that you interviewed..
你采访过的每个与欣西亚过去有关联的人
How did you manage to let every one of them know
你用什么方法让他们知道
That you were in contact with her?
你和欣西亚在联♥系♥呢
What are you implying?
你在暗示什么
You wanted someone to put two and two together and call the cops.
你想让人发现其中的端倪 然后去报♥警♥
You wanted Cynthia in prison.
把欣西亚扔进监狱
That way, you could tear up the contract you had with her
这样一来 你和欣西亚之间的合约就会无效
And write the story you wanted to write
接着 按照自己的想法写书
With an ending that would sell more books.
编个能增加销量的结局
I mean, you couldn't call the authorities yourself.
可你自己不能向当局告发欣西亚
What kind of story would that be?
那样的话 故事的命运要如何呢
That's a lovely theory,
理论还算可听
But even if it's true, I didn't kill Cynthia Dern.
即便如此 欣西亚·德恩也不是我杀的
I didn't even do anything illegal.
没干过任何违法的事情
Oh, no, no, no, it's not illegal.
这不关违法的事
It's just slimy.
只是很恶心
So your, uh, all-access pass has been revoked.
所以你这张特别通行证作废了
Oh, and one more thing..
还有件事
One day, and one day not far from now,
有一天 就在不久的将来
I'm gonna use this in a book.
我会把这个故事写进自己的小说
Susan Mailer's in booking.
苏珊·梅勒已收监
Mm. All these years,
这么多年来
Trying to do the right thing, trying to make amends...
她都在纠正以前犯下的过错 一直在做弥补
Because of Cynthia's greed, she's gonna end up in jail.
可因为欣西亚的贪婪 到头来还是要坐牢
If you're looking for a happy ending,
想看大团圆结局
You've come to the wrong place.
你恐怕走错地方了
Next time, I guess I'll just try that massage parlor on 2nd avenue.
下次我想去 第二大道的按♥摩♥院试试
Just kidding.
说说而已
Actually, who needs a happy ending when you have a story with
实际上 这种故事哪里会有大团圆结局
people pretending to be dead,
故事的人物制♥造♥已死的假象
Living under assumed names,
隐姓埋名
Plotting fake suicides and murder for revenge?
布下自杀假象 为了报复而杀人
You know, I'm glad to see that you're entertained
我很高兴看着你这样自娱自乐
I, however, have to call michael Goldman
可我还得给迈克尔·高德曼打电♥话♥
And let him know that his wife was a sociopath.
告诉他 自己的妻子是个反♥社♥会♥份子
But you also get to call Jared Swanstrom and tell him
你也要通知贾内德·斯万斯托
That he's no longer responsible for Susan Mailer's death.
告诉他 不必对苏珊·梅勒的死负责
As a matter of fact, Susan Mailer's still alive.
事实上苏珊·梅勒还活着
Which is why Cynthia is now dead.
却导致了欣西亚的死
Wow, you are all about the cloud, aren't you?
你总是这么破坏气氛吗
Never the silver ling.
从不懂得 拨云见日
Okay. Maybe this might cheer you up a little bit.
好吧 也许这个会让你开心点
Your winnings.
你赢的
My winnings?
我赢的吗
Oh, don't play coy with me. You threw your hand.
别故作扭捏 那把牌是你让我的
All right, I was trying to be nice.
好吧 我只是做个好人
I didn't want to embarrass you in front of your friends.
不想让你在朋友面前下不来台
Now we're even,
现在我们两清了
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表