Yeah. Sloan.
对 斯隆
Only he didn't list her name in his report.
但他的报告里没写她的名字
He didn't feel that it was important.
他觉得不重要吧
After all, he didn't believe he was looking at a murder.
毕竟他不信那是一起谋杀案
Right, so if you're not investigating a murder,
那如果 你不是在调查谋杀案
Why would you talk to the neighbor
为什么会询问邻居
About a freezer delivery?
送冷藏柜的事情
This must be some freezer.
肯定是冷藏柜的事
You mentioned a police officer, Mrs. Marsh.
马什太太您提起过一个警♥察♥
I know it's been five years, but do you
我知道已经五年了 但您
I never said five years ago.
我可没说过是五年前
When did he come see you? Last year sometime.
他什么时候找的您 去年
I remember thinking, why is this cop asking me questions
我记得想过 为什么警♥察♥问我这些
About a freezer I never ordered?
只是关于我从没订过的冷藏柜
Do you remember anything about
您还记得来找您的
The man who came to see you?
那个人的情况吗
Uh, he was older.
他年纪也大了
Uniform?
穿制♥服♥吗
No. Plain clothes like you.
不 和你们一样是便服
He had gray hair, and he walked with a limp.
灰白发 走路有点跛
Ben Davidson. Melanie's dad.
本·戴维逊 梅勒妮的父亲
You could just leave it like this.
你可以什么也不做
Sam's dead.
山姆死了
The captain's happy.
老大很高兴
Those kids look pretty happy.
孩子们看起来也很快乐
That's the difference between a novel
这就是小说
And the real world, Castle.
和现实的不同 卡塞尔
A cop doesn't get to decide how the story ends.
警♥察♥不能决定故事怎样结束
Detective Beckett.
贝克特探长
Sir, I'm gonna have to take you
先生 您得和我
With me down to the station.
去警局一趟
Who is it, honey?
亲爱的 是谁
What is it, Ben?
本 怎么了
So I'm here because
我来这儿就是因为
I questioned a woman about a freezer?
我问别人 有关冷藏柜的问题
Not any freezer, Mr. Davidson.
可不是一般的冷藏柜 戴维逊先生
The freezer that your daughter's body was stored in.
是藏匿您女儿尸体的冷藏柜
For the moment, let's--
暂且 我们
Let's assume what you say is true.
我们假设你说的是真的
What's the charge?
会以什么罪起诉
If Mrs. Marsh's answer led to Sam's death,
如果马什太太的回答造成山姆的死
Then the charge would be murder.
会以谋杀起诉
I kept going over everything Sam said,
我一直在想山姆说的每件事
Everything he claimed happened that night,
他说的 那晚的一切
Until I came to the same conclusion
直到得出一个结论
That you both apparently did
显然和你们的结论一样
That Melanie never left her apartment alive.
梅勒妮根本没有活着离开过家
Mrs. Marsh's answers merely confirmed
马什太太的回答只确认了
What I already knew.
我已经知道的东西
That your son-in-law was a killer.
你的女婿就是凶手
If you had figured out what Sam had done,
如果已经猜出山姆做了什么
Why not just go to the police?
你为什么不报♥警♥
He would've gone to prison for the rest of his life.
他会在监狱度过余生
If he'd been convicted.
是假如他被判有罪的话
They didn't have a-a body at the time, remember?
但他们那时候没有尸体 记得吗
His lawyers would've put Melanie on trial, not him.
他的律师会摆让梅勒妮受审 不是他
So you took matters into your own hands.
所以你就自己动手了
Well, you can certainly understand
你确实理解了
How a father might want to,
一个父亲的想法
How he might follow his daughter's murderer
他可能跟踪杀害他女儿的凶手
One dark night when he was sure
趁着漆黑的夜晚
No other people would be around,
他确信周围没人的时候
How he might confront him with a gun
他可能是用从战争时期
He'd brought back from the war,
带回的枪指着他
Might even promise forgiveness in exchange for the truth.
甚至同意用宽恕换取真♥相♥
And hearing his admission...
听他承认罪行
Be overcome with rage.
却又被愤怒压倒
Every time he brought the girls to see us,
每一次 他带孩子们来看我们
I watched a little piece of my wife die.
我都看到 我妻子的心又死去了一些
A visit from your grandkids should be life-affirming,
孙辈们的看望 应该使人感到生命可贵
Not a reminder of how your only child was murdered.
不是提醒你 唯一的女儿是怎样被杀害的
Killing him wasn't the answer.
杀了他并不是解决办法
I never said I killed him.
我从来没说我杀了他
I said a father might be justified.
我说的是 一个父亲可能有正当理由的
The police told me Sam was shot in a robbery,
警♥察♥告诉我山姆是被劫杀的
And without evidence, there'd be little chance
没有证据的话
That his killer would ever be brought to justice.
几乎不可能抓到凶手
So I guess we'll find out if that's really true.
所以我想 以后会知道是否如他所言
And I'd like to see a-a lawyer if I could.
如果可以的话 我想要见律师
No, sweetie,
不 甜心
I just wanted to make sure I said good night.
我只是想和你说晚安
You got it. Strawberry happy face pancakes on me.
好 我请吃草莓笑脸煎饼
Later.
再见
Alexis missed me.
阿丽克西斯想我了
How did you know?
你怎么知道
Spidey sense.
蜘蛛人的第六感
By the way, it was my mother,
顺便说下 是我母亲
Not my father.
不是父亲
We were supposed to go to dinner together--
我们本应一起去吃晚餐
My mom, my dad and I
我妈妈 爸爸和我
And she was gonna meet us at the restaurant,
她该在餐馆和我们碰头
But she never showed.
但她没来
Two hours later, we went home.
两个小时后 我们回了家
And there was a detective waiting for us.
有个警官在等我们
Detective Raglin.
拉格林警官
They found her body.
他们发现了她的尸体
She had been stabbed.
她被人捅了
A robbery?
抢劫吗
No.
不
She still had her money and purse and jewelry.
她的钱 包和首饰都还在
And it wasn't a sexual assault, either.
也没有性侵犯
They attributed it to gang violence.
他们归因于帮派暴♥力♥
Random wayward event.
随机事件
So just like in Melanie's case,
所以正像梅勒妮的案件
They couldn't think outside the box.
他们不能换个角度考虑
So they just tried to package it up nicely,
所以他们只是编了个不错的故事
And the killer was never caught.
根本没抓到凶手
Why do you wear the watch?
你为什么戴那个表
My dad took her death hard.
她的离开对我爸爸的打击非常大
He's sober now.
他现在清醒了
Five years.
五年了
So...
所以
This is for the life that I saved,
这是为我挽救了的生命
And...
以及
This is for the life that I lost.
这是为我失去了的生命
So...
所以
I guess your Nikki Heat has
我猜你的妮奇·希特现在
A backstory now, Castle.
有背景故事了 卡塞尔
I don't know.
我不知道
I did kinda like the hooker-by-day, cop-by-night thing.
我确实喜欢白天妓♥女♥ 晚上警♥察♥这点
But, uh...
但是
I guess a heavy emotional angle could work, too.
我猜深情这个角度也行
Don't bewilder your audiences
别说是为了我
With substance on my account, Castle.
把你的读者弄糊涂了 卡塞尔
Until tomorrow, detective.
明天见 警官
You can't just say "night"?
你就不能说晚安吗
I'm a writer. "night" is boring.
我是个作家 晚安这个词太无聊
" Until tomorrow" is more... Hopeful.
明天见 更充满希望
I'm a cop.
我是个警♥察♥
Night.
晚安
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表