剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
Eight seconds. You can do this.
八秒 你能做到的
Throw bleach in his face. Hit him with your hair dryer.
我会把漂白剂撒向他的脸 然后用吹风机打他
Move to strike, Your Honor.
法官大人 辩方请求取消这名陪审员的资格
What we don't want
我们不想要
are people who lack the confidence to take action.
缺乏自信 畏手畏脚的人
Now, Mr. Sails, you work the door
赛尔斯先生 你是一家俱乐部的门卫
at a club. Am I correct?
对吧
Yes, I do. Now, I bet when it gets pretty late,
是 想必深夜时分
people have had too much to drink,
经常有人喝醉
gets kind of wild, huh? It does.
然后变得歇斯底里吧 确实如此
what would you do
如果一个顾客挥拳打你
if one of your customers took a swing at you?
你会作何反应
I would make it my business to see to it that he regrets it.
我一定亲手反击 让他后悔自己的行为
Instantly.
立即出击
Without hesitation?
不会有任何犹豫吗
Instantly.
没错
We also want jurors
我们还需要那些
who believe people have a fundamental right
相信每个人有权保护自己
to protect what's theirs, whether it's their property,
无论是自己的财产 自己的生命
their life or the lives of their loved ones.
或是所爱之人的生命
Have you ever had your home
你的房♥子或者公♥寓♥
or apartment broken into?
曾被破门而入过吗
Yes, a couple of years back.
有 几年前发生过
And were you there at the time?
你当时在场吗
No, thank goodness.
谢天谢地 我并不在场
Thank goodness because you suspect the robber
你之所以庆幸自己不在场 是因为你怀疑
might have hurt you or...?
歹徒会伤害你还是
Thank goodness because if I would have been there,
不 若是我在场
there'd be one dead robber right now.
我一定会要了歹徒的小命
This juror's acceptable to the defense, Your Honor.
辩方接受这位陪审员 法官大人
Ms. Ford?
福特女士
This juror is acceptable to the plaintiff, as well.
原告也可以接受这位陪审员
Then it looks like we've got our jury.
那陪审团的人员就这么敲定了
I saw your boss on the front page of the paper.
我在报纸头条看到你老板了
Sitting in court beside that cop
在法庭上 坐在那个打伤卡尔·彼得森的
that shot Cal Peterson.
警♥察♥身边
Okay.
所以呢
You know, Anna,
你要知道 安娜
it's my job. I don't run the company.
那是我的工作 可我在公♥司♥里没有话语权
I just work there.
我只是个下属
You can hear how pathetic that sounds, right?
你知道自己听起来有多可悲吗
Actually, I can't.
我并不知道
Cause I know how hard good jobs are to get.
因为我知道找到一份好工作的不易
And I know how important my job is right now,
也知道现在的工作对我而言有多重要
seeing as that you're the one going to school.
毕竟我还要养育你
And yeah, I know all about your scholarships,
我知道你有奖学金
but somebody's got to pay for books and housing...
但总得有人付书本费和房♥租
Still pathetic.
还是很可悲
I ever tell you what my dad gave me
我有没有告诉过你 我十四岁生日时
for my 14th birthday?
我爸爸给了我什么生日礼物
He gave me "The Talk."
他语重心长地嘱咐了我"那件事"
Sat me down and told me all about how I should act
他让我坐下 详细地告诫我在警♥察♥面前
around the police.
该如何表现
"Don't attract attention.
"别引起注意
"Don't make them mad.
"别惹他们生气
Do whatever they say the second they say do it."
他们让你做什么就照做"
And it all made me so angry.
这一切都令我很恼火
I was embarrassed that he was telling me those things.
他居然会告诫我这些 这令我难以接受
I was embarrassed that he believed those things.
更令我难以接受的是他对此坚信不疑的态度
And I was enraged that he accepted those things.
他竟然默默接受这样的现状 这令我十分恼火
But deep down,
但在内心深处
I knew what he was trying to do.
我明白他的良苦用心
He was trying to... tell me the truth.
他是想... 告诉我真♥相♥
And I knew my white friends
我知道我的白人朋友
weren't having that talk.
绝不会从父母那听到这些话
Not on their 14th birthday. Not on their 40th birthday.
不论他们是十四岁还是四十岁
So, then, how can you go
那你为什么站在
and defend a white cop who shot one of us?
朝我们的同胞开枪的白人警♥察♥那边
Well, this is what I tell myself.
我是这么劝我自己的
For the justice system to really work,
公平公正的司法系统
it has to be colorblind.
必须无视肤色差异
Look, I don't know what really happened that night.
我并不清楚那天晚上到底发生了什么
Who's right. Who's wrong.
谁对谁错
But me being a part of it,
但当我参与其中
me being involved in the fact-finding process?
试图查明真♥相♥
Well, I have to believe that somewhere,
我不得不相信 在某种程度上
my dad is smiling.
Veronica Hill?
韦罗妮卡·希尔
Ms. Hill. Hi.
希尔女士 你好
My name is Danny James.
我叫丹尼·詹姆斯
I'm an investigator working on the Cal Peterson case.
我是卡尔·彼得森一案的调查员
The unarmed schoolteacher who was shot
他是位学校教师 在手无寸铁的情况下
by the female police officer.
被一位女性警员射伤
Okay, but I don't know anything about that
除了网上的信息
other than what I read online.
我对此事一无所知
Isn't it true that Cal Peterson was your driver last year
去年 您用手♥机♥叫拼车服务
after you summoned a rideshare service on your phone?
司机正是卡尔·彼得森 对吗
I'm sorry. I don't have time for this.
抱歉 我没时间了
I have to pick something up for my boss
我要去帮老板取个东西
and get it back to him.
然后送回给他
But I saw that you filed a complaint against Mr. Peterson.
我注意到您当时投诉了彼得森先生
Do you mind telling me what happened?
可否告诉我详情
Look, I really don't want to get dragged
我真的不想被卷进
into a big case like this.
这样一件要案
Or I can subpoena you.
那我只能传唤您出庭作证了
That's the jury you picked?
这就是你们选的陪审团
Are you sure you know what you're doing?
你确定这样的陪审团没问题吗
Nope. A lot of this is just dumb luck.
不确定 很多情况下只能靠运气
You still sure you don't want to settle?
你还是坚决不愿和解吗
I had been
当晚早些时候
to a big celebratory dinner earlier in the evening.
我参加了一个大型庆祝晚宴
Um, it was a citywide celebration
一个表彰全市公共教育
honoring public education and public schoolteachers,
以及公立学校教师的庆祝活动
and I actually received
我还收到了由市长颁发的
a Teacher of the Year award from the mayor.
年度优秀教师奖
And after this dinner, what did you do?
晚宴之后你做了什么
Uh, went out with some other teachers.
我跟其他老师一起
Had a few more drinks.
去喝了几杯
So, wait. Take us through this.
稍等 请详细说明一下
You're drinking with friends...
您去与朋友去喝酒了...
This is embarrassing.
说来惭愧
But the truth is I don't normally drink very much.
我酒量不太好
So when I left my friends
我跟朋友告别后
and when I started to walk home,
在回家的路上
I realized, um, I was pretty messed up.
我感觉头昏脑胀
And then I started to get sick.
恶心想吐
And I knew I really needed a bathroom,
我必须去卫生间
and there was that diner, so I just ran in.
而那边恰好有间小餐馆 所以我就跑了进去
I tried the men's room first, but it was locked.
我本想去男洗手间 但门却上了锁
I was feeling desperate.
当时我绝望极了
I... I didn't want to make a mess on the floor,
我... 我不想吐到地上 弄得一团糟
so I tried the door to the ladies' room,
所以就试着推了推女洗手间的门
and it wasn't locked.
发现没有上锁
Surprise, surprise. They like him.
真让人惊讶 他们很喜欢他
Truth be told, I like him.
说实话 我也是
I don't recall anyone asking.
没人问你这个
Okay, so, you open the door to the women's restroom.
你打开了女洗手间的门
And what happened?
然后发生了什么
Uh, there was a woman on the toilet,
我看到有个女人坐在马桶上
but then I saw the sink...
但之后我看向盥洗台...
She was on the toilet?
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表